[PP-F1] Looking for a Sensei

Emerath had been at a bit of a crossroads lately, with Endilix being more stern than he used to, and Flints being about as sporadic as usual, he wasn't entirely sure how to handle himself. Emerath was only just coming to terms with himself and his new persona, thrust back into the world that he had shunned for so long. But that wasn't really all. What really got to Emerath was this long and daunting list of quests that Emerath knew he couldn't complete without his twin, constantly pushing him to contact Endilix to tank, knowing that he was in too much danger alone.

This really put Emerath in a bind, as he waited for Endilix to show up for yet another of these situations, garbed in his now standard plague doctor outfit. As he scanned the quest logs and boards, he couldn't help but sigh. Here he was standing in the plaza of the Town of Beginnings, feeling no stronger than a newbie without his brother beside him. What was a man to do?

After losing track of so much time since this death game started, Kaen finally built up enough courage to try to leave the town of begining. He grabbed and equipped all the gear he had just acquired and was about to set out when he realized he’s only level one. Thinking further on the subject he concluded that leaving on his own would essentially be suicide. To remedy this he chose to search through the town of begining for any seasoned players who’d willingly allow him to join their party. 

After days of trying and being rejected Kaen began to give up on hope of any potential party. Head held low, he walked through the main square where he usually found other players getting ready to set out for one last try at finding someone, anyone at this point. While doing his normal scan of the plaza he saw someone, garbed in a plague doctors uniforms, looking at the request board appearing to be waiting for the rest of his team. Without any hesitation Kaen jogged over thinking that this could be his chance to finally be able to become part of a party. 

Finally reaching the request board Kaen wasted no time and began to try to interact with this plague doctor. “Excuse me. My names Kaen. By any chance could I have a couple minutes of your time?” 

Emerath was pretty well lost in thought when a voice broke him from his mental anguish. His mask slowly turning to face the newcomer in a very slow and ominous manner, Emerath processed who was in front of him. A newbie, by the looks of it. Fresh off the boat, as they would say. Despite that the only way to get to that point nowadays was to hide in a box and pray that this game ended sooner rather than later. Not much different than what Emerath had been doing, really.

But, this would prove a distraction until Endilix showed up to go quest. Most likely this solicitation would prove entertaining, if nothing else. Emerath's voice was muffled by the leather mask as he said, "Sure, kid. A minute, maybe a few. If you keep my interest you can have as many minutes as you want of my time. At least until my party arrives."

When Kaen hears this his eyes light up with excitement. Finally he might have a shot at being in a party with actual veteran players. He begins to explain his situation of how he’s looking to potentially join a party of experienced players and someone to show him the ropes and the best way to actually survive. He tell how he wants to be more then just another one of the players locked away in a room too afraid to leave and how he wants to contribute rather then be just another useless player who is waiting to be rescued. 

With all his explamation being over he looks at the masked player not knowing if what he said made any impression and kept his interest in the slightest. His nerves start kicking in as he looks at the plague doctor with a serious expression, determined not to back down as he bows his head and asks “Could you please be my teacher and allow me to join your party?”