[PP-F01] Starting The Lessons [Vally, Mars]

"I dunno, I'm not so sure. Get your mitigation high enough and lower-level players won't even be able to hurt you, for example. That's my strategy for the first couple floors. On this floor, apart from a few special enemies, monsters just don't deal enough damage to bypass my mitigation. Likewise, I doubt my damage can bypass yours. There comes a point where the stat disparity is so high that someone could literally fall asleep and others wouldn't be able to defeat them. Fortunately, there's a level cap, but for people powerlevelling ahead of the rest...well, y'know" Vally shrugged as she looked around the area, a small frown on her face.

"I hate...rrgh. Speaking of RNG, wanna go see if you can find a chest or something? Who knows, you might have more luck than me!", she suggested, a slightly grating tone of annoyance in her voice. "That'd be a nice consolation prize, at least. Some loot to split between us while I dance around trying to find these herbs. Although if my luck is rubbing off on you, it'll end up being a freaking mimic..."

[Roll ID #107626 LD: 5]

Edited by Vally

The martial artist shrugs his shoulders ever so slightly while looking towards the girl as he looks directly at her as he grins as a thought passes into his mind to try and prove his side of things. Well when it comes down to it yes stats are important since they dictate a flow of battle, but there is also the human element to every fight to consider when facing your opponents if they are a player. Mobs are predictable opponents who have attack patterns you can learn, counter, and defeat with enough prep time. Players though. Can be sneaky, deceitful, and unpredictable making them far more dangerous and usually more dangerous than your simple stats. Consider the frontliner Hikour. A master in the stealth mechanic and thus can hide, strike, and deal different effects of whatever he could want to any person he could want to open up a time frame to end the enemy if he had help. There is no quest mob like that currently who strikes from the shadows. He says in a calm tone of voice towards the girl as they walk and hears her asking him to find a chest as he shrugs knowing his luck is horrible, but willing to test it out to see if it would be anything useful.

#107669 LD:14

Edited by Mars

Vally grabbed another herb from the ground, which disappeared into her inventory, before she stroked her chin. "Oh really? I was thinking of going for Stealth, at least in PvP. I was looking at all the skills and I figured I'd be pretty difficult to beat if I abused Trickster with a weapon loaded down with one paralysis enhancement, and the rest as bleed. It'd all automatically proc so they'd be stunned, and the bleed would ignore their mitigation. That one Stealth mod would let me just re-enter Stealth while they're stunned. It'd take a while, but they'd be completely unable to fight back. The only real counter would be people with Searching, in which I'd have to switch to a different weapon and just hope my build is better than theirs", she explained.

While going into the intricacies of her build with someone she'd just met probably wasn't the best idea, this guy was far higher level than herself, so if he had wanted to kill her, he'd have done so already. He could have been waiting for her to actually get good gear, she supposed, but he wasn't an orange player...it'd probably be fine. "Right, only one more to go! Now watch the RNG take a divebomb..."

[Roll ID #107671 LD: 15]

Edited by Vally

He looks towards the woman and grins at hearing her plan which is a rather good one nothing can tell the woman otherwise since simply in the end that is just a fact that stealth status effects could be abused to the highest point and used with great efficiency. The only thing is the issue with optimizing the build just correctly. If you are going to do that work on getting a uncommon Tier one or tier three depending on how the status effects work and than get two essence of steels to fill up that paralyze and bleed status effects you would have on your weapon. accuracy trinket, and some mitigation armor with a damage familiar and you would be swimming perfectly fine with how the game is currently working to be absolutely devastating if done just right. He says calmly towards the woman giving out advice that she could use for her own means if she would wish to accept it or not would be up for her to decide within the very end. 

"Well, for the accuracy I wouldn't need to worry. Trickster also makes me unable to miss, somehow. I guess it works like aim assist. Anyway, once I've opened with that, preferably combined with a Charge, I'll switch to a better weapon and lay into them. 2-Handed Assault Spears have the highest damage, which really helps with that. With that kind of burst damage right at the start, it might even end up tilting them and making them panic", she explained further, with a sagely nod to herself.

Vally's eyes glimmered as she finally alighted on the last herb she needed, with a brilliant smirk. "Aha! There you are! Get it, you pain in the...ahem. Right, let's get back to that NPC's place so I can finish this up. Then we can move on to the rest of the chain, and I can get some levels under my belt. Then I'll finally be on my way towards being the best DPS around. That'd certainly be nice..."

[Roll ID #107678 LD: 14]

Edited by Vally

Hmmm if that is indeed the case than you might want to invest in some energy regaining items than instead of the accuracy like i had mentioned that way you can guarantee that you can keep up even through a battle of attrition. he suggest towards the woman with a slight shrug of his shoulders rather unsure of how well such a thing would go in the end with having to keep up with weapon balances to keep in mind such things as paralysis, and other means. 'Though i guess in the end if she did have a different spear that wasn't her status effect one she could just use a stun sword art once her opponent got out of the paralysis so she can continue the trend of just attacking the opposition while they are unable to do anything to stop her. Plus it can create enough time to be able to continuously pop in and out of stealth at whim.' he thinks to himself thinking of the various options as he grins ever so slightly liking the possibility of such a build, but finding that such a thing would be unfitting for himself at the end since he has other matters to focus on for options he could pull off without hindering himself with his primary combat role.

Vally was quick to start marching back to Zackariah's workshop, and she answered along the way, clearly pleased that they'd managed to farm up those materials pretty quickly. "Ah, that would be a good idea. Man, I wish there were more mod slots, there's so many others that'd be really useful for the build...I think I'd have to use Trickster, Vanish, Quick Change and Finesse to be able to do it effectively", she responded, a hand finding its way to rest on her chin. Man, theory-crafting like this always got her pumped up, really. The maths, less-so, but she'd always enjoyed finding the best strategies to defeat enemies and other players. 

Once the duo returned to the town, and to the workshop, Vally quickly made her way inside and rushed to get started. She didn't want to waste time, after all. It didn't take long to get through the process of creating the potion, but she gave an exhasperated sound as Zackariah took the potion. "Damn...that was even Perfect, too.Well, let's hope all my crafting rolls turn out that good!", she muttered to herself indignantly.

And now, of course, she was being asked to deliver something, but no doubt this would lead them to the next quest. "Right! Lyle'll be starting the next quest in this chain, right? Let's get to him."

[Roll ID #107679 CD: 12]

Edited by Vally

Having more mod slots would be useful for certain, but right now i haven't even gotten to that point of using all of the ones at my disposal just yet meaning that by the time you get to using all of them up you should be rather deep into your own personal builds of various different things you could be thinking about. He says with a slight shrug of his shoulders offering advice to the girl. He than nods his head at the woman's response as she heads back towards the workshop of the quest giver as he once more waits outside patiently for the woman to turn in the quest and than have to head towards the next quest location which would be the workshop of the blacksmith in question. The black haired martial artist standing out patiently and once she would exit the shop quickly follow her towards the next location figuring that this girl would definitely be worth to have a a possible partner to fight alongside with if Pinball ever disappears. She is a spear user just like him, and as a added bonus is a lot more serious than his current rival.

It took even less time for the two to arrive at Lyle's workshop. The blacksmith. Really, Vally needed to wonder about what she'd be doing as a profession. Blacksmith would help with grinding out good enhancements for her weapons, while Tailor would help with armour and accessories. On the other hand, cooking would be good for the consumables. Perhaps it would be a good idea to look into how many people there were of each, and ask Mars for any advice on that stuff. He seemed quite helpful, after all. She was getting on with him rather well, really. Perhaps because they were both focused on their in-game ability. Still, Vally didn't want to get attached to him. Not yet, at least. Just in case.

"Riiiight, here we go then. Let's get in and finish the last step! Y'know in hindsight, maybe I should have been a livestreamer, considering how much I talk to myself. Might have made better money on that than being a cashier. Everyone loves the pretty gamer girls, after all...", she commented dryly.