[SP/F1] <<The First Few Lessens Are Free>>

"Last one!" thought Alec. "All I need is one more then back to Zachariah to wrap this quest up! I can't believe how excited I'm getting about a game." thought Alec. "So if I were the last Tier 1 Material I was looking for where would I be? Maybe up here in these low hanging branches again?" thought Alec as he poked and peered through the low hanging branches of the leafy trees surrounding him.

Roll: 112768

Loot: 14 (Success!!) (1) Tier 1 Material

"Ha ha!! There you are!" Alec elatedly exclaimed as he found a tiny glowing egg inside a bird's nest. Alec gingerly plucked the egg from the nest and placed it in his inventory. He was over joyed to see the message:

Quest Item (5/5) Tier 1 Materials!!

Alec did a jump for joy and as he landed pivoted on the ball of his foot and took of at a dash towards the edge of the forest and the waiting Northern Gate of the Town of Beginnings. He had to hurry if he was going to make it back before sun down like he had told Zachariah he would. Alec's word was his bond and he'd hate to make himself a liar on his first quest ever in Aincrad. Distance running had never been Alec's strong suite. He was more built for the power and heavy lifting portions of life so he was a bit out of breath as he burst through the Northern Gate and made his way to Zakariah's shop. Alec was panting and covered in a slick sheen of sweat as he came to a stop in front of Zakariah's shop. He quickly opened his interface and unequipped his Armor, Battle Axe and Healing Potions before he took a couple steadying breaths and turned the handle and pushed Zakariah's door open.

Alec's normal stoic scowl was no where to be seen as he stepped through the door to Zakariah's shop with a grin spread from ear to ear. "Good evening Sir. Did someone order a fresh batch of Tier 1 Materials?" Alec stated happily.

Zachariah looked up from his work again at the tinkle tinkle of his shop bell. When he saw Alec standing in the doorway slightly out of breath he smiled and stood up saying "Welcome back Alec. Have you attained the Materials I need?"

"Indeed I have!" replied Alec happily as he approached Zachariah's counter.

"Excellent!" responded Zachariah. "Now for the next step of your quest."

"Next step?" queried Alec. "I thought the quest was to retrieve the 5 Materials. What's the next step?"

"Now you're going to help me craft the Materials into a Healing Potion Alec." replied Zakariah

"A healing Potion?" responded Alec. "I don't know the first thing about mixing potions. I'm a garbage man not a chemist."

"Fear not Alec." returned Zakariah. "You will be assisting me so have no fear if mixing Reagents isn't your strong suite. Well do it together!" he exclaimed with a broad grin.

Alec heaved a heavy sigh as he made his way around the counter into the back of Zakariah's shop. Alec looked around and saw beakers, test tubes, motors and pestles and various other objects he couldn't name. Alec felt like a bull in a China shop as the old saying went. This was no where close to his element. If you wanted something heavy lifted he was your man, push your car call on him. But minute movements and fine motor skills look somewhere else. Alec just hope he wouldn't break any of Zakariah's tools in the process of making this potion.

Roll: 112769

Craft: 6 (Success!!) Good Quality Healing Potion

Alec followed Zakariah's instructions to the letter he pinched when told to pinch, he stirred when told to stir and he ground when told to ground. Alec wasn't sure he had ever been this nervous in his entire life but when he was done as he waited with baited breath there was a ding and before him sat a Healing Potion of Good quality. It's wasn't great but it was a success and Alec let out the breath he didn't realize he'd been holding in a long slow contented sign.

"Congratulations Alec!" Zakariah exclaimed with pure joy in his voice. "Wonderful job! Now just one more step to completing your quest my boy! " Zakariah reaches down below the table and pulls up a wrapped bundle. "Take this package and deliver it to Lyle Tealeaf the Blacksmith for me. Then and only then will your quest be completed."

Alec takes the offered package from the hands of Zakariah and places it into his inventory. "Thank you for all your help and guidance Zakariah." Alec states. "You've helped me more than you'll ever know." Alec offers his hand to Zakariah one last time for a firm friendly handshake and turns to head out the door. He hears the tinkle tinkle of Zakariah's door bell one last time as he steps into the street, pulls up his nap HUD, targets in Lyle Tealeaf's Blacksmith shop and heads off across town to deliver his package and complete his quest.

Alec arrives at Lyle's shortly before sun down as Lyle is about to close up shop.

"Greetings." calls out Lyle as Alec approaches. "Just closing up shop for the evening good Sir. If you'd care to come back tomorrow I can see to all your Blacksmithing needs."

"Actually I just need a moment if your time Sir." responds Alec. "I have a package to deliver to you from Zachariah."

"Zachariah you say?" says Lyle. "Come right on in then." he cheerfully offers.

Alec walks up and hands the package to Lyle. Who hefts the package approvingly. "Thank you good sir. I've been waiting for this shipment for some. Perhaps if you come back in the morning I could use your help in another matter?" Lyle asks.

"Absolutely!" responds Alec. I'll be here right after sun up if that suits you sir!" Alec offers.

"Indeed it does, indeed it does." replies Lyle I shall see you tomorrow morning Mr?"

"Alec." answers Alec my name is Alec and I'll see you tomorrow Me. Tealeaf. 

With that Alec shakes Lyle Tealeaf's hand and heads back to his rented room at the Inn for a good night's sleep and some well deserved rest.

Quest Summary:

[SP/F1] <<The first few quests are free>>

24 posts

1 complete page

5 Tier 1 Healing Potions Uncommon (+40 HP)

1 Tier 1 Damage Potion (+1 DMG)

1 Tier 1 Over Health Potion (+50 temp HP)

3 SP (2 from quest reward + 1 for complete page)

400 Col (for one full page of posts)

Edited by Takalo
Correction