[SP/F1] <<The Fourth Lesson, Is Actually Free>>

The Boar exploded into a shower of red pixels that shot up and then rained down and eventually evaporated into nothing. Alec looked at his inventory and saw some more Tier 1 Materials and a few more Col. Not too bad he thought to himself as he closed his inventory window and continued on his way towards the lakes ahead. Alec paused to look around at his surroundings. He was in a large rolling prairie with a thick forest he had already travelled in on his last quest to his North and West and from what he'd been told and what his map showed a series of large and small lakes to his North and East. There were some mountain ranges encircling the whole thing but that was basically the entirety if the first floor. From what Alec had heard there wasn't much left for him on the First Floor. A couple more quests if he was lucky then he'd have to venture on and explore the Second Floor. It was hard to believe in such a short time he'd progressed so far. Given how long it'd taken him to even figure out the basics here like his inventory, the map and accessing items. Alec still didn't feel anywhere near comfortable, I fact he truly hoped he never did! This world was alien to him and what he felt comfortable with but he was stuck here and he'd make the best of it.  With that Alec took a deep breath and set out to the North East where his map told him he could find the series of lakes he was looking for.

Spoiler

OOC Post 1

Regain Tier * 10 HP = 10 HP

Alec - Lvl 9 / HP180/180 / EN: 14/18 / DMG: 3 / MIT: 40 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0/ Thorns: 9 DMG Unmitigated (Successful Mob Attack - Not on Crit) / Paralyze: BD 9-10

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alec began a nice steady pace to the North East where his map told him lie the lakes he was looking for to find an old fisherman named Ol' Pete. He had a fishing pole to give the man as part of a quest given to him by a young Artisan named Hannah. That's all he knew so far. Find Ol' Pete and give him the fishing pole. As Alec scanned his surroundings a thought came to him he had randomly searched the cave and found some Materials he had even hunted Boat Pups in this very plains for Materials. Why not try again? With that Alec began to poke through the high grass and look for anything that might be a Tier 1 Material.

Spoiler

Roll: 113555

LD: 2 (Nothing Found)

Alec spent what he felt was a decent amount of time searching the area and found nothing of note. He shrugged his broad shoulders and exhaled "Oh well." he thought "You can't win em all." With that Alec took another deep breath and savored the fresh grass smell of the prairie and continued off to the North East in search of a large lake with an old fisherman living there. Alec travelled for another hour before he came to the top of a small rise that spread out the terrain before him.

Spoiler

OOC Post 2

Edited by Takalo

Alec had to stop and inhale in shock before him stretched out miles of lakes and tributaries. The water in the lakes was a crystal clear deep blue color that was hard to find in real life. He had heard Lake Tahoe was this color if blue but he had never been there himself. Maybe if he made it out if this game he'd take Gwen and Danny there. He had heard there was lots to do at Lake Tahoe like boating and jet skis and camping and hiking and skiing. Yes he thought he'd definitely take Gwen and Danny there when he got out of this place. With that Alec strode forward and began his descent down towards the lakes that lay before him. As Alec dipped down behind the hill the air got cooler and picked up a crispness from the abundance of fresh water before him. A faint smile broke through his perpetual scowl for the briefest of moments as he smelled the air and took in the beauty that lay before him. "Here goes." he thought to himself.

Spoiler

OOC Post 3 - Energy Fully Regenerated

Edited by Takalo

Alec made his way down the natural bowl to the first of many lakes that lay before him. He wasn't sure exactly how to begin this. Hannah hadn't told him which lake to go to. He had looked at his map last night but none of the many lakes in this area had names not that he had a name of a lake to look for, "So guess it's the old fashioned way." Alec thought to himself. Start with the first and go from there." An old joke popped into his head at that thought. "Why is whatever you're looking for in the last place you look?" Alec thought ruefully. "Because when you find what you're looking for you stop look idiot." Alec let out a low rye chuckle at the random thought and began  looking around the lake for any kind of shack, or cabin or house of some sort. Alec found nothing as he circled the first lake. However as Alec got to the far side of the lake he spotted a thin smoke plum coming from the next lake over. The plume seemed to be coming from a small shack on the edge of the lake with a wooden dock extending into the lake. "This must be it." Alec thought to himself as he stepped off headed for the shack.

As Alec approached the shack he noted that the shack was a small building no more than twelve feet on a side. Definitely not spacious, but enough to live in, if you didn't need much. Alec approached and as he got closer he saw a grizzled old man puffing on a corn cob pipe and rocking slowly back in forth in an old wooden rocking chair. "Creak creak, creak creak." the chair announced as Alec approached. The smoke drifting off the old man's pipe was a pungent bluish smoke that wasn't all together unpleasant but was very strong. The heaviness of the smoke bit into Alec's lungs and caused him to cough accidentally. As Alec neared the old man gazing out over the lake Alec cleared his throat in an attempt to get the old mans attention. "Excuse me Sir." Alec began but the old man didn't respond he just sat there staring out over the lake rocking back and forth in his chair. "Creak creak, creak creak, creak creak."

Confused by the whole situation do far Alec stepped forward into the old man's view. "Excuse me Sir." Alec tried again "My name's Alec and I'm looking for Ol' Pete."

The old man abruptly stopped his rocking and looked up at Alec. "Heh?" the grizzled old man said as looked up at the giant of a man standing before him. "Ya have ta speak up Sonny." the old man croaked. "I'm deaf in one ear and can't hear outta the othah."

Alec looked down at the old man and cleared his voice. "HELLO SIR. MY NAME'S ALEC AND IM LOOKING FOR A FISHERMAN BY THE NAME OF OL' PETE. CAN YOU HELP ME?" Alec bellowed in his deep baritone voice.

The old man flopped backward in his wooden rocking chair so hard he would have flipped it over and ended up on his back or tumbled out of it, if not for smacking loudly into the wall of his shack. "Criminy!" the old man let out loudly. "Set if pipes on you biggun. Whatcha tryin to do deafen an old man. I ain't deaf was just pullin ya leg. But I may be a lil deaf now afta ya blew out ma ear drums."

"I'm very sorry Sir." Alec exclaimed after the reproach. "I apologise for yelling. As I said my name's Alec and I was sent here by an Artisan named Hannah to find a fisherman named Ol' Pete. Can you help me?"

"Yup." the old man stated. "I can help ya. Ya see, I'm that fisherman. That's me ma names Ol' Pete. Well Pete the younguns add the Ol' part cause they thinks they's funny. But I am he and yev found me." the old man rhymed as he chuckled. "Now that ye've found me, what can I do ya fer?"

"Well Sir." Alec began. "Hannah gave me a package to deliver to you." Alec stated as he opened up his inventory and selected the fishing pole. He held out his hand and the fishing pole shimmered and wavered into reality as Alec held it forward to the old man.

Ol' Pete let out a long slow whistle as he gazed up and down the length of the fishing pole. "Ain't she a beaut." Ol' Pete exclaimed in awe and amazement st the sight if the new fishing pole. "That's just the pole I need." he stated with a twinkle in his eye. "Now if only I had someone with a good strong back ta help me out." Ol' Pete commented off handedly as he not do casually glanced over at Alec. "Ya see. There's this monsta Sword Fish in day dar lake. I'm been tryin ta catch it fer as long as I can remembah. But I just ain't strong enough ta real it in. But if you'd help me? I could hook it and you with that big ole back a yours could haul it in and then I'd be mighty grateful to ya." intoned nasally as he looked to Alec.

"So let me get this straight." Alec replied. "The fishing pole Hannah gave me to deliver to you is so you can catch a massive Sword Fish that's swimming in this fresh water lake. But you don't have the physical strength the reel the giant fish in do after to catch and hook the fish it'll be my job to land the fish in the boat." Alec repeated to ensure he had all the information correct.

"Ah yup." Ol' Pete said. "You got tha right of it. Now will ya help an ole man out or not?" Pete asked raising an eyebrow comically high as he pointed his pipe stem at Alec.

Alec shrugged in response to the old man's question. "I don't see as I have much choice. You need a fish landed and I guess I'm your man. Let's go catch a Sword Fish in a fresh water pond!" Alec exclaimed animatedly.

"All right then." Ol' Pete answered happily as his chair creaked one more time as he leaned forward and stood up. He held out his hand to Alec palm up and Alec diligently handed over the old man's new fishing pole. With a spryness that had been lacking earlier in the old man Pete nimbly stepped and nearly danced down the walkway and dock to a small wooden row boat that was tied off to the dock by a hempen rope.

Alec just shook his head and grinned inwardly. "Of course they were taking a small wooden row boat out into a fresh water lake to catch a giant salt water Sword Fish. Why wouldn't they? But it was all a video game and not real." Alec reminded himself. "Just another chance to suspend reality and do the impossible here in lovely Aincrad." Alec stepped into the boat and it swayed alarmingly due to his massive size. Ol' Pete was already seated in the stern of the boat so Alec took the only other seat in the boat and sat down. Ol' Pete untied the boat from the dock and Alec took hold of the oars and began paddling them out towards the center of the lake. It took about fifteen minutes or so till Alec had them in roughly the center of the lake.

Once they reached the middle of the lake Ol' Pete sat up and moved his feet from where he had been lounging and resting them on the edge of the boat and moved himself into an upright sitting position. He lifted his hat from over his eyes and looked at Aleve with a conspiratorial grin. "Let's catch us a monsta." he drawled as he but back onto his corn cob pipe stem and summoned a small squiggly animal that he attached to the hook and cast his line into the lake.

Spoiler

Roll: 113556

CD: 9

Not more than a few moments after the hook and bait hit the water Ol' Pete jolted and tensed yelling happily "Ha woah there, we got us a big one!" Ol' Pete pulled on the pole and snapped it setting the hook as he grinned wildly at Alec yelling "You're up kid! Now land us this Monsta!" As he held the pole in both hands straining to not lose it he offered it to Alec. Alec shrugged and took hold of the pole nearly losing it in the process as he wasn't ready fir the tension pulling on it from the water. "THIS IS A MONSTER!" Alec thought to himself as he gritted his teeth and his natural scowl began a fierce grin if determination as he gripped the fishing pole with both hands and felt the muscles in his entire body flex and contract in response to the force he felt pulling on the pile from under the water.

Edited by Takalo

Alec flexed every muscle he possessed straining against the fishing pole as it bent into C and began to quiver violently. Alec's large arms contracted as his biceps swelled the blood veins crisscross them swollen and bulging over the huge muscles. Alec's chest flexed and his pecs grew rock hard as he pushed them together becoming a wall of flesh and muscle. The many muscles in his back and shoulders swole from the blood pushed there and expanded making each one expand beyond belief. Alec became a giant ball of muscle and taut flesh as he heaved against the strain on the pole from the creature beneath the waters. Alec strained and pulled with all his considerable might. Every muscle in his body flexed and fought the beast beneath the waters.

Ol' Pete jumped to his feet in the wooden row boat and began to dance back and forth capering from foot to foot. He cackled " Yes sir, yes sir you gots im Sir! I knew I picked the right man for the job!"

As the old fisherman capered back and forth in the tiny row boat Alec flexed every muscle in his massive body. His arms bulged the veins popped crisscrossing his large arms. He fought for all he was worth to bring the gigantic Sword Fish to the surface. Alec shifted his feet wider for a more stable base as he squatted down and thrust upward with all his power roaring a beastial roar as he pulled. The fishing pole bent precariously and was nearly doubled back on itself from the strain. Alec was sure that had this been real life the pole or line would most assuredly have snapped already. But this wasn't and they hadn't. Alec ground his teeth audibly as he fought with all he was worth to bring the creature to the surface. Alec's muscles trembled nearing exhaustion. The fight felt like it could have been hours or days. Alec wasn't sure how long he had fought and strained to breach the Sword Fish but Alec was nearing his physical limit.

Alec's entire began to quiver and shake. He'd been fighting this fish for the better part of an hour. "No wonder the old fisherman had needed someone stronger." Alec thought exhaustedly to himself as he strained against the pole. Alec knew he'd reached his limit! It was now or never he told himself! With that thought driving him and fueling his determination Alec again squatted low in the boat to gain a moments reprieve than shot upward with his last ounces of strength. Alec let out an ear splitting roar of defiance as he drove his body upward and flexed his back backward arching nearly to the point if falling over had he not had the monumental force pulling against him. Alec nearly toppled over backwards as the largest fish he'd ever seen breached out of the water and soared through the air. The Sword Fish had a giant point nearly the length of a Claymore and its body from tip to tip had to be twenty feet long if it was an inch. Alex marvelled as the majestic creature soared through the air. As the Sword Fish flew through the air it twisted and drove its massive sword appendage directly at Alec. Alec instantly whipped his shield up into place in front of him and brought his Mithril Axe back to swing and the giant Sword Fish.

Spoiler

Alec - Lvl 9 / HP: 180/180 / EN: 18/18 / DMG: 3 / MIT: 40 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0 / Thorns: 9 DMG Unmitigated (Successful Mob Attack - Not on Crit) / Paralyze: BD 9-10

Sword-Fish
HP: 35
Dmg: 50 (on first successful hit only) /  5 (Does not gain bonus damage from crits)

As the giant Sword Fish fly threw the air it twisted in mid flight and drove its giant Claymore like tip down directly at Alec attempting to impale him. Acting purely on instincts Alec whipped his Shield of the Thunderhearts up in between himself and the Sword Fish to defend himself. He raised his Mithril Axe high over his head to swing down into the huge fish.

Spoiler

Roll: 113563

BD: 9 (Critical + 1) + 2 = 11 / 3 DMG +1 = 4 DMG (Paralyze Activates)

MOB: 2 (Fail) (Paralyzed - 1 round No Actions)

As the gigantic Sword Fish drove its Claymore like sword appendage at Alec he raised his shield up in defense the block the incoming attack. The Sword Fish's appendage drove down at Alec but connected with his Shield of the Thunderhearts and was deflected harmlessly away. As the Sword Fish contacted the shield the shield emitted a heavy humming vibration before producing a loud CRACK that left the air thick with ozone and caused the Sword Fish to convulse and spasm as its muscles locked and froze paralyzing it temporarily. As the Sword Fish sat immobilized Alec brought his Mithril Axe down had on the Sword Fish's back next to its dorsal fin open a large gash that jetted red pixels. Alec withdrew his axe from the Sword Fish and raised it up high again holding at the Apex to summon the energy needed to perform a Sword Art on the paralyzed Sword Fish.

Spoiler

Alec - Lvl 9 / HP: 180/180 / EN: 17/18 / DMG: 3 / MIT: 40 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0 / Thorns: 9 DMG Unmitigated (Successful Mob Attack - Not on Crit) / Paralyze: BD 9-10

Sword-Fish
HP: 31/35 - Paralyzed 1 round - No Actions
Dmg: 50 (on first successful hit only) /  5 (Does not gain bonus damage from crits)

Edited by Takalo
Spoiler

Alec - Lvl 9 / HP: 180/180 / EN: 18/18 / DMG: 3 / MIT: 40 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0 / Thorns: 9 DMG Unmitigated (Successful Mob Attack - Not on Crit) / Paralyze: BD 9-10

Sword-Fish
HP: 31/35 - Paralyzed 1 round - No Actions

The Sword Fish had drove its Claymore like appendage down at Alec trying to impale him. Pure instincts drove Alec currently and he whipped his Shield of the Thunderhearts up and brought it between himself and the gigantic Sword tip headed at him. The shield had responded by bursting static electricity into the Sword Fish paralyzing it. Alec took the momentary pause to draw upon the energy needed to perform a Sword Art. Alec felt the energy flow through him into his Mithril Axe. The axe began a stead thrum and vibration as the head of his mirrored axe began to glow a soft blue hue. As the vibrations in the axe grew so too did the glow of the Axe's head. Once the energy had reached its peak and the vibration and glow had created Alec swung down his Mithril Axe in a diagonal slash intending to unleash Hack.

Spoiler

Roll: 113564

BD: 10 (Critical + 2) + 2 = 12 / 3 DMG + 2 = 5 * 2 = 10 DMG (Paralyze Activates - 1 round No Actions)

MOB: 4 ( Paralyzed - No Actions) / Paralyze Actives (1 round No Actions)

Alec unleashed the energy stored in the head of his Mithril Axe as he swung down in a double diagonal swing that produced a glowing blue X in the air before the Sword Fish. The X quickly sped into the Sword t causing a red X to appear on the chest of the Sword Fish which burst forth red pixels into the air and dropped the Sword Fish's health bar deeply.

Spoiler

Alec - Lvl 9 / HP: 180/180 / EN: 16/18 / DMG: 3 / MIT: 40 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0 / Thorns: 9 DMG Unmitigated (Successful Mob Attack - Not on Crit) / Paralyze: BD 9-10

Sword-Fish
HP: 21/35 - Paralyze complete - Paralyze Activates - 1 round No Actions

Spoiler

Alec - Lvl 9 / HP: 180/180 / EN: 17/18 / DMG: 3 / MIT: 40 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0 / Thorns: 9 DMG Unmitigated (Successful Mob Attack - Not on Crit) / Paralyze: BD 9-10

Sword-Fish
HP: 21/35 - Paralyzed- 1 round - No Actions
Dmg: 50 (on first successful hit only) /  5(Does not gain bonus damage from crits)

Alec's beloved shield had again began a deep buzz that had built till it released in a loud CRACK that left the hair in Alec's beard standing up and dancing as a huge burst of static electricity was again released into the Sword Fish Paralyzing it again by Alec's Shield of the Thunderhearts. It sat there twitching and spasming not able to control it's muscles and make them move. Alec brought his Mithril Axe high over head again and swung it straight down into the twitching convulsing form of the Sword Fish.

Spoiler

Roll: 113565

BD: 8 + 2 = 10 (Success) 3 DMG

MOB: 9 (Paralyzed - No Actions)

The Sword Fish lay there convulsing and twitching Paralyzed by Alec's wonderful shield. He took the time given him and reset his footing in the rocking boat. He inhaled deeply as he brought his Mithril Axe high over his head and swung it down burying it in the Sword Fish's back again near its dorsal fin. The axe blade sunk deep and cut a chunk from the Sword Fish which shot red pixels from it into the air. The Sword Fish thrashed enraged by the situation and thrust its sword appendage at Aleve again intent on skewering him like a kabob. Alec brought his shield up in defense and swung down at the Sword Fish again.

Spoiler

Alec - Lvl 9 / HP: 180/180 / EN: 16/18 / DMG: 3 / MIT: 40 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0 / Thorns: 9 DMG Unmitigated (Successful Mob Attack - Not on Crit) / Paralyze: BD 9-10

Sword-Fish
HP: 18/35 - Paralyzation complete
Dmg: 50 (on first successful hit only) /  5(Does not gain bonus damage from crits)

Spoiler

Alec - Lvl 9 / HP: 180/180 / EN: 17/18 / DMG: 3 / MIT: 40 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0 / Thorns: 9 DMG Unmitigated (Successful Mob Attack - Not on Crit) / Paralyze: BD 9-10

Sword-Fish
HP: 18/35 - Paralyzation complete
Dmg: 50 (on first successful hit only) /  5 (Does not gain bonus damage from crits)

The Sword Fish became enraged after finally regaining the use of its muscles and swung its Claymore of a nose at Alec in an attempt to ram it through his mid section. Alec brought his shield up to defend him from the strike and raised his Mithril Axe high over his head to counter after the Sword Fish had attacked.

Spoiler

Roll: 113566

BD: 9 (Critical + 1) 3 DMG + 1 = 4 DMG (Paralyze Activates - 1 round - No Actions)

MOB: 5 (Fail) 

The enraged Sword Fish thrashed and drove its sword like nose at Alec intent on impaling him. Alec brought his shield up into place. The act was beginning to feel natural to him and he felt he was becoming more comfortable with using it to defend. The Sword Fish's appendage dove toward Alec but he expertly blocked it harmlessly away from himself. The shield again reacted to the contact with the Sword Fish and began to buzz heavily until it reached its peak and let out a loud CRACK as it surged static electricity into the Sword Fish again locking and contracting its muscles Paralyzing it again. Alec brought his Mithril Axe high over his head and swung down and connected solidly with the Sword Fish's back open another large gash that spewed red pixels and caused the Sword Fish's health bar to dip and turn yellow.

Spoiler

Sword-Fish
HP: 14/35 - Paralyze Activates - 1 round No Actions
Dmg: 50 (on first successful hit only) /  5 (Does not gain bonus damage from crits)

Spoiler

Alec - Lvl 9 / HP: 180/180 / EN: 17/18 / DMG: 3 / MIT: 40 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0 / Thorns: 9 DMG Unmitigated (Successful Mob Attack - Not on Crit) / Paralyze: BD 9-10

Sword-Fish
HP: 14/35 - Paralyze Activates - 1 round No Actions

The Sword Fish thrashed and dove its blade toward Alec intent on impaling him. Alec brought his Shield up and expertly blocked the attack harmless away from himself. His shield began to buzz again and let out a large CRACK as to surged static electricity into the Sword Fish locking its muscles and paralyzing it. Alec raised his Mithril Axe up high over his head and brought it down again chopping deep into the Sword Fish's back bringing it's health bar down into the yellow. The Sword Fish continued to jerk and spasm its muscles locked and its body Paralyzed. Alec took a deep centering breath as he hoisted his axe above his head drew on the energy to charge a Sword Art. His Mithril Axe began to vibrate and its head glow a soft blue as the vibration and glow intensified and reached its peak Alec swung his charged Mithril Axe diagonally at the Paralyzed Sword Fish.

Spoiler

Roll: 113567

BD: 9 (Critical + 1) + 2 ACC = 11 / 3 DMG + 1 Crit = 4 DMG * 2 = 8 DMG (Paralyze Activates - 1 round No Actions)

MOB: 5 (Paralyzed - No Action)

Alec charged his Mithril Axe for a Sword Art and released it in the form of Hack. He swung the glowing blue bladed axe in a double diagonal swing that produced a glowing blue X in the air. The X surged into the Sword Fish and left a brilliant red X in the Sword Fish's chest that erupted red pixels into the air and dropped its health bar further and turned it an angry red.

Spoiler

Alec - Lvl 9 / HP: 180/180 / EN: 15/18 / DMG: 3 / MIT: 40 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0 / Thorns: 9 DMG Unmitigated (Successful Mob Attack - Not on Crit) / Paralyze: BD 9-10

Sword-Fish
HP: 6/35 - Paralyze completes - Paralyze Activates - 1 round No Actions

Spoiler

Alec - Lvl 9 / HP: 180/180 / EN: 16/18 / DMG: 3 / MIT: 40 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0 / Thorns: 9 DMG Unmitigated (Successful Mob Attack - Not onCrit) / Paralyze: BD 9-10

Sword-Fish
HP: 6/35 - Paralyzed - 1 round No Actions
Dmg: 50 (on first successful hit only) / 5 (Does not gain bonus damage from crits)

The Sword Fish continued to twitch and convulse its muscles again locked and Paralyzed from Alec's amazing shield The Shield of the Thunderhearts. Due to that amazing piece of equipment the Sword Fish had spent a majority of this fight Paralyzed and that was just fine by Alec. Alec again took the time to appreciate the respite offered by the Sword Fish being Paralyzed. Alec brought his Mithril Axe back and again summoned the energy into him that would activate a Sword Art. Alec drew the energy into himself and redirected it into his Mithril Axe. His axe began to thrum and vibrate as the axe head began to glow a soft blue hue. The vibration and glow intensified as the energy increased. When the energy had reached its maximum his axe vibrated with the stored energy begging to be released and the head of the mirror like axe glowed a strong blue color. Alec swung his axe diagonally and uleashed the power in Hack directed at that immobile Sword Fish.

Spoiler

Roll: 113568

BD: 5 + 2 ACC = 7 (Success) 3 DMG * 2 = 6 DMG

MOB: 4 (Paralyzed - No Actions)

Alec drew in the energy for a Sword Art again and when the energy had peaked he unleashed Hack. He swung his axe in two diagonal cuts that formed a glowing X in the air. The X then slammed into the chest of the Sword Fish opening a red X there. The Sword Fish began to waver and throb till it exploded in a shower of red pixels that flew into the air then rained down before disappearing into nothing.

Spoiler

Alec - Lvl 9 / HP: 180/180 / EN: 14/18 / DMG: 3 / MIT: 40 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0 / Thorns: 9 DMG Unmitigated (Successful Mob Attack - Not onCrit) / Paralyze: BD 9-10

Sword-Fish
HP: 0/35 - Dead
Dmg: 50 (on first successful hit only) / 5 (Does not gain bonus damage from crits)

After the Sword Fish exploded in a shower of red pixels that rained down and disappeared into nothing Alec looked and saw a carcass of the Sword Fish lying there. That was unusual Alec thought. Normally when you defeated something it disappeared. Then Alec looked closer at the giant Sword Fish carcass, it had an icon listing it as a quest item. Ol' Pete continued to dance in joy "Ye ha!" he hollered. "Drag er on up there youngun. I needs day fish fer some cookin!"

With that Alec grabbed hold of the Sword Fish and pulled on it. The fish felt like it weighed a ton. Which in all honesty it very well could based on the sheer size if it. Alec scrabbled for purchase on the wet slippery fish. Finally after much pulling and twisting and general strain Alec was able to yard the giant fish mostly into the boat. It still hung off on each side and draped into the water. Once he had the fish ad much in the boat as he could get it he took hold of the oars and began rowing them back to shore. It took a bit longer to get in than it had to get out. Mostly due to the giant fish carcass dangling over the sides of the boat and obstructing the oars, but Alec managed to finally bring them to the dock.

Spoiler

OOC Post 1