[F1-PP] To make a agreement <<TFL, iAF>>

He looks towards the direction of the lake where the next quest is meant to take place and more importantly the direction in which his bodyguard pointed him towards when they first began this little quest chain when they had to deal with the boars during the second lesson. Still with his lucky LD pin that has helped him in his searches for materials he continues forward at a steady pace as his feet hit the dirty roads that make their way towards the NPCs home along with the grassy grounds as he just makes a beeline directly towards the place. Wanting to see how quickly his bodyguard could handle whatever natural predator of the sea will be awaiting him. So Alec why don't you have this it'll make that fight short work, and if anything cooked fish might taste good. He says in a joking name as he hands over towards the man a immolation potion. Since in the name of a good tank is how much damage you can reflect back towards the enemy within this game.

Dagger: 200/200 HP  20/20 ENG   LD:5

Gives Alec: 1 immolation potion T1

Alec reaches out and takes the Immolation Potion from Dagger and gives it a gently shake as he watches the red, orange and yellow colors swirl around inside the vial before opening his inventory and placing it within one of his Battle Ready Items slots. As closes his inventory he looks over at Dagger with a grin. "I love these Immolation Potions especially combined with my Shield of the Thunderhearts!! Think big ball of fiery electricity." Alec says as his grin becomes a fierce toothy smile. "Plus they taste like cinnamon." he finishes in his deep baritone rumble as he steps off matching pace the other man as they begin walking down a dusty trail through the grasslands in the direction of Ol' Pete's house. "So Ol' Pete is looking for a giant Sword Fish that's hiding in the big fresh water lake he lives next to. Then I can fight it." Alec finished as they continued down the pathway through the grasslands.

SO we're trying to find a sword fish then? If that is the case Alec seems you might need me on that boat, or pier, or wherever we'll be fishing from to pull the swordfish towards yourself so that you can get some hits in on it. He says calmly towards the larger man as the duo is making their way towards the lake that is made possibly even just for this simple quest and no other reason that could be needed within the mind of the video game for everything to match up just perfectly. Dagger keeping a calm look upon his face as he goes over the various immolation potions that he holds within his inventory and just nodding his head knowing that such an investment will be worth it as long as he can get a profit at the very end from everyhting. 'Which should be possible as long as a treasure chest is found, and by the end my scouting can allow for me to gather enough materials.  they taste like cinnamon? He says in a questioning tone towards the larger man.

"When I did this quest earlier." Alec begins in his deep rumble of a voice. Ol' Pete needed me to come out on his boat with him to the middle of the lake and  once I'd caught the fish I had to wrestle it to the surface. Once it breached it began attacking me and I had to fight it from inside the boat. I suppose if you caught it and reeled it in as soon as it breached I could step in and kill it. That should work for a plan unless you've got any better ideas Dagger?" Alec asked as he continued walking alongside the other man scanning their surroundings for any immediate signs of danger in their vicinity. "Yes." Alec replies to Dagger's question. "The Immolation Potions aren't bad but the poison potion from the Bee Queen quest Matriarch's Stinger I think was tasted horrible." Alec explains as he makes a somewhat childish Mr Yuck face. "Always take that one first." Alec explains in complete sincerity.

He chuckles slightly when hearing the apparently culinary expert of Aincrad go on about the various tastes of the potions within the game's systems for various drops versus things that were player made. He just nods his head and gives a tip of his hat towards the larger man with a amused look gleaming in his eyes as a smile is upon his face as well as he gazes towards the fishing hut of Ol'Pete that is quickly closing in. Seems like you know your way about a potion then mister Alec i'll take your advice on what sort of things i must eat first then if that is the case if a certain monster drop is not of a particular well tasted variety. His gaze flickers through the various grassy fields to try and spot something that could be of use for himself as he mentally keeps a counter for what he needs to get for his ideal selected skills to be the best merchant. When going over it he just nods his head as the next skill that comes to mind enters his head. After searching i'll pick up some of the search mods, and then finish it off with some lockpicking. I think that'll be suitable to make the most of my skills as a merchant.

#116655 LD:5+5=10

Edited by Dagger

As the trio begin drawing into sight of Ol' Pete's fishing shack Alec continues his vigil of keeping a sharp eye peeled for an danger that could be lurking hidden nearby as Dagger begins to once again poke and prod the ground, again coming forth with another Tier 1 Material from the immediate area. Alec shakes his head at the fact that this must be the luckiest man stuck here in the game. Dagger seems able to find useful Materials on a barren landscape. Heck place him on the moon and he'd likely end up finding a never ending supply of oxygen just lying around. Alec reached down to scratch Humphrey on the back of his neck and behind his ears as he continued to scan their surroundings for anything that could cause them harm as they continue down the hard packed dirt trail towards Ol' Pete and his fishing cabin beside the lake.

When arriving at the cabin he looks around and makes his way towards the NPC with a tip of his hat and then a small and quick bow towards the NPC with a bow taking his hat off and putting it against his chest while doing so. After doing so he stands straight once more and puts his hat back on while looking towards the NPC that has a slightly bewildered look upon its face as the man known as Dagger just chuckles at that look. Good evening fine sir one fine artisan had requested me to aid you during this time of need so i have arrived with some hired help to hand you this package. he says as he hands the man the package handed to him by the female artisan as the old man just grins and nods his head. "Well that is nice and all but if you can help me deal with a rather great catch that is in that lake over there. So if you wanted to do one last thing for me that would be appreciated." The old man says towards him as Dagger just hits the accept button as the last leg of these four quests starts.

As Dagger began interacting with the non player character Ol' Pete Alec mearly stands back watching the interaction crossing his arms across his expansive chest and watching the interaction play out between the two remembering back to his own interaction with Ol' Pete and wondering how and why the computer changes the non player characters interaction and speech based on different Players and their in choices of speech patterns and dialogue. Seemed easier to Alec at least if the preprogrammed dialogue were mostly the same with variations left open for the Players choice of how to respond. But it seemed every month players character had an innumerable number of possible conversation types. Alec didn't know much really about computers and programming that was more Danny's forte but that seemed like a lot of extra work in Alec's opinion but he supposed if you were going to make a top of the line quality project you'd want to put as much into it as you could to make the experience for the user the best they could. Alec stopped his inner musings and refocused on Dagger and Ol' Pete.

Once the conversation is complete he looks over towards Alec and gestures for him to get up onto the boat as he just gives him a calm and confident grin across his face and a tip of the hat towards the man that is functioning as his bodyguard as he gets set off to once more continue what he wanted to do during his stay over for this quest. Well Alec good luck with killing that swordfish thing i will be doing what i have been doing for the past few lessons. I figured this won't be much of an issue though for you so have fun doing that whole fighting thing. He says calmly towards the man with a grin upon his face as he lets his eyes scan the fields near the lake once more to try and spot some kind of material that would be used in alchemic or food making. Getting low to the ground he quickly plucks from it a fresh material that could be used in such things with a smile upon his face.

#117047 LD:17 material found

Edited by Dagger

As Dagger nods towards the boat Alec calmly nods as well and steps into the boat taking the oars in both hands he begins rowing the boat out to the middle of the lake with strong slow pulls of the oars the large muscles on his broad back flexing and straining with the deep strokes of the oars. As Alec delivers the large row boat to the center of the lake he casually places the oars in their locks to endure they don't get knocked loose in the upcoming fray. Alec checks his Mithril Battle Axe along with his Heavy Armor and Shield of the Thunderhearts to ensure everything is ready for the upcoming fight. Alec tosses the line in water and begins calmly fishing from the boat again thinking back to his many fishing trips with his son Danny and wishing he had a nice cold beer to sip on or maybe even one of Gwen's amazing homemade sandwiches. Alec smiled momentarily thinking about his real life back home. As he gently moved the fishing pole up and down allowing the bait to Bob within the water hoping to attract the large fresh water Sword Fish again.

Spoiler

Roll: 117048

CD: 1 (Nothing)

Edited by Alec

Gazing around the field he allows his gaze to scan the fields trying to spot something or anything that could hold a material for him to use but comes up short in that regard as he just nods his head since just like hunting sometimes this game requires a bit of patience. That unlike the real world not everything will be bundled up right against one another for him to collect a few all in one swipe of his hand or at the very least nothing like that just yet since it would take some time for him to get that lucky first and foremost and probably some game mechanic of knowing how to do it a lot of time for him to learn it. The green cloaked man looks out towards the lake to see that for the moment that the larger man is still fishing meaning that the luck of getting the swordfish right away wasn't with him in his fishing journeys.

#117071 LD:2+5=7

Edited by Dagger

Alec relaxed and leaned back in the boat simply enjoying the act of fishing. It was one of the activities he found very relaxing and therapeutic. As Alec slowly bobbed his line up and down and uncommon soft easy smile spread across his face as he played the line. As the sheer relaxation of fishing over took him Alec began to whistle a low easy nameless tune as he leaned back and bobbed his bait gently getting into a calming soothing rhythm as he gently pulled the pole up slightly and lowered it slightly. Alec's mind drifted as he continued to fish thinking of the first time he had taught Danny to tie a knot and bait a hook while fishing for trout in the river near their house. The deep whistled tune echoed off the surrounding hills and reverberated back filling the area with a warm slow tune. As Alec played the line he felt a sudden tug then another as a broad grin set upon his face as the third tug came and he reacted like lightning snapping up and pulling with all his might. The muscles on his chest shoulders and back bulged as he heaved for all he was worth pulling till a gigantic Sword Fish breached the water and began to flailed around. Alec instantly grabbed his shield and Axe as his grin took on a fierce look as he prepared to Battle.

Roll: 117072

CD: 8 (Success)

Edited by Alec

Hearing something break through the water disturbing the natural peace of the area he turns his gaze back towards the direction of the lake and watches a giant swordfish having broke through the peaceful water starts to make its move towards striking the dangerous tank. With a chuckle when seeing this he just nods his head knowing that such a fight will be over before it began basically as he turns his focus back upon the surrounding area as his gaze moves along the field as he walks along the edge of the lake his dress shoes moving through the grass and touching down upon the ground that is ever so slightly muddied due to the water rolling in and off the ground of the waves gently rolling along the ground. Figuring that he might find the best materials here and being proven wrong ever so quite quickly.

#117151 LD:7+5=12

Edited by Dagger

As the Sword Fish breaks the surface of the pristine water of the lake it soars through the air like some sort if living missile aimed straight for Alec's chest. Alec calmly pulls his Mithril Battle Axe from the loop at his hip and tests his grip by twisting the mirror reflective weapon in his hand shield held before him defensively as he awaits the Sword Fish Battle Axe held aloft ready to strike. As the Sword Fish hurtles through the air aiming itself straight at Alec chest the large man stands statue still with his mirror like Battle poised and his shield held before him. As the Sword Fish reaches him Alec slips to the side at the last moment activating the Sword Art Lightning Axe causing his axe head to glow as lightning begins to spark and crackle from the glowing head as he swings down cleaving the giant fish in two as his the lightning stabs into the fish playing across its smooth body. Alec let's a faint smile play at the corner of his mouth as he reaches out and hauls the large fish into the boat and calmly retakes his seat within the boat.

Roll: 117154

BD: 7+2=9 (Hit) 5*7=35 DMG

CD: 8 (+1 EN Regenerated)

MD: 5 (Miss)

Alec - HP 500/500 / EN:  45/50 / DMG: 5 / MIT: 57 MIT / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0 / THN: 19 / PLZ (9-10)

Sword-Fish - HP: 0/35 / Dmg: 50/5 - DEAD

Edited by Alec

Looking around he fails to spot a material as he just lets out a frustrated sigh since it means that the entire area around this lake is most likely laid barren do to the fact of this not being a spawn point for materials. That or because that another group of players picked this spot clean either way it means that for once his luck isn't on his side of things this day as he starts to make his way back towards the shack where he assumes his partner will make way. having watched the fish burst into a shower of red crystals signaling its death and the means that the quest is going to be over and thus means that he should talk to the man and figure out if he liked this arrangement or if he thinks that they might need to part ways. Though at the end of the day at the very least the lessons quests have been completed for himself meaning less things to worry about in the future.

#117157 LD:6+5=11

Edited by Dagger

As Alec drug the huge fish into the boat he happily took a seat on the boats bench again and reached out releasing the oars from their oar locks and dipping the blades into the water. With two strong pulls from his right arm he had the boat swung around and facing the shore and Ol' Pete's shack as began to pull steadily and evening gliding the boat across the water as the muscles in his back flexed and bulged as he continued to pull and and lift the oars through the water. As he brought the boat up to the dock he reached out and looped the dock line around a pillar securing the boat to the dock. As Alec stepped out if the row boat on to the dock he grabbed the Sword Fish and tossed it over his shoulder making his way heavily down the dock and up to Ol' Pete's shack where he tosses the mighty fish on top of a wooden table in front of his shack.

Making his way through the grassy wet  ground as he makes his way towards the shack to await for Alec he lets his gaze fall along the area he is standing at to find a singular material laying out on the ground that he picks up from his spot with a grin upon his face. When hearing the sound of heavy footfalls approach moments later he just nods his head towards the large man as he enters into the shack alongside him where the NPC awaits. When the large sword fish hits the table the man lets out a audible gasp with a grin upon his face at the success of the two of us within the mind of the NPC to have brought back his prized fish he had been searching for. "Well i'll be you two had managed to catch the ol thing! That is rather impressive!" The old man says rather cheerfully and joyfully towards the duo of players as Dagger just gives a slight tip of his hat towards the man with a grin.

#117481 LD:14+5=19 1 mat found

Edited by Dagger

Alec nods to Ol' Pete at his exclamation about catching the Sword Fish. As he glances over at Dagger and steps back knowing his part of this quest is now over and allowing the other man to begin his interaction with Ol' Pete the Fisherman so that he can finish out this Quest and see what awaits next. Alec steps back to the corner of the shack and crosses his arms over his broad chest as he waits for Dagger and Ol' Pete to finish there conversation as he idly begins scratching Humphrey on the back of his neck and behind his ears as he lets his mind wander. While Dagger handles the the conversation Alec gets a wild hare of an idea and steps outside the cabin and begins searching the surrounding area for any useful Materials. Alex chuckles to himself as he instantly spots something on the ground and reaches down plucking a Tier 1 Material from beside a rock that he almost missed.

Roll: 117523

LD: 18 (Success) +1 T1 Material

Edited by Alec

Making his way out of the house after talking to the old man he just nods his head and allows his level to increase once more as he just grins to himself with a rather peaceful and happy grin across his face as his mind wanders slightly. 'i have heard there was a easter event i should maybe get my hands on. Though i will need to meet some people that haven't done it, or just allow myself to just tough through the entire fight with the power of some armor to help me through everything.' He thinks to himself idly as he exits the home and gazes around the field as he makes his way to try and find some kind of material that he can get for himself. His feet carrying him to glance around the beach in search of something with rather little luck on his side sadly. With a slight frown he glances towards Alec as he nods his head ever so slightly.  So then that has been the four quests mon ami what will the deal be will you make a deal with the devil clad in green, or go your own way once more? he asks in a joking tone towards the larger man when he refers to himself as a devil.

#117594 LD:8+5=13

Edited by Dagger

Dagger's reference to him being the devil brings a mild smile to the corner of Alec's stern features and perpetual scowl. "Well Mr Dagger." Alec begins in his deep baritone rumble of a voice. "This past series of quests has been lucrative for us both I'd say and I'm not above continuing a good thing. However, if we are to continue travelling together I feel we should clarify and possibly redefine the nature and titles of our situation. Is this purely an employer employee situation we are in or are we travelling companions and equal partners in this endeavor? I could continue as either I just wish to clarify and know how we stand in regards to each other. I know personally I have my own preferences but I would like to hear where you stand on the issue." Alec stated in a flat plain voice as he looked at the other man as they walked along outside the fishing shack of Ol' Pete