[F3-PP] The lost pendant <<Search for the Hoya>>

He chuckles a bit in a mixture of polite laughter and embarrassment from the fact that he had been worried over the fact hat a beast could overcome his bodyguard Alec. Which as far as he is concerned was seen as a valid attempt to run from the danger that was showed right before him. The dangers of this game not being one he cares to go and face off against in any capacity, maybe view and enjoy for his amusement, but never partake in for the sake of his own life being put in danger. 'Death is not a maker that i wish to see any time soon.' He thinks to himself as he gazes towards the taller man and just grins and gestures for him to continue to lead the way. By all means please continue to lead us along the way Alec. Time is of the essence since i wouldn't want to face another of those creatures and we are here only for the pendant that lays within these halls somewhere. he says towards the man as dagger then kicks something creating a loud metalic clanging noise as he curses silently to himself.

#119590 LD:7+7=14+1(multi purpose from house buff)=15 treasure chest found

Edited by Dagger
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"If I have my way." Alec states in a no nonsense tone of voice with his deep rumble. "None of us well be meeting our makers or Death any time soon." Alec states as a matter of fact broaching no chance to deny it. Seeing the man who appears to be made from the sheer ephemeral essence of luck, as Dagger stubs his toe on an unseen object and bends down to  find another Treasure Chest. The whole ordeal brings out a deep low chuckle from the larger man as he stands patiently by to see what the man of pure luck will pull out of his magic fedora this time. "You really might wasn't to consider steel toed work boots." The large muscular man offers to his smaller friend as he watches to see what the other man will produce. "Otherwise you may end up with a broken foot or worse a sprained knee from all the Treasure Chests you keep tripping over." Alec jokes with a chuckle towards his friend.

He chuckles at the man's words before shaking his head as he gets down onto one knee taking out a golden key while doing so as he opens up the chest and its loot becomes revealed towards the duo of players. You know Alec i would say maybe, but i believe in the fact that nothing is real in this game that i will be able to avoid the whole breaking or spraining something during my stay within this game's metaphorical prison cell. For now though we did manage to get some decent loot of which i can only hope it'll spring forth in the hopes of us getting a rather nice unique armor or shield for the sake of you using it or me selling it towards some player in need. he says towards the man s he stashes the new gear that he can identify along with the materials as he sends the mats over towards Alec as compensation. Lets continue moving forward then.

#119594  LD:14+2(golden key)=16 

450  Col, (8) materials, perfect armor/shield, (2) rare consumables

Edited by Dagger

Alec listens as Dagger speaks and watches as the man born out of pure luck opens the Treasure Chest to reveal a rather nice prize within. Alec nods as he watches the other man pocket the items while Alec keeps a wary eye out for any other trouble they might find within this underground maze. When Dagger finishes Alec gives another nod to the man and turns starting off deeper into the maze in search of this pendant they're looking for. The trio wander for some time taking twists and turns progressions deeper into the underground maze before Alec glanced over his shoulder at his new friend and travelling companion Dagger. "Say. You ever think about looking for a familiar for yourself? I hear there are some like work like tracking dogs back home and can help you find hidden Treasure. Not that you need the help. But heavens help us with the type of treasure you'd unearth if you had a helper like that. I also hear some help out with skills or possibly even help you in your chosen profession." Alec offered by way of conversation while they travelled deeper and deeper into the maze.

Hearing his companions offer he looks up towards the sky in thought of that since it is a rather valid option that could be rather useful for him in some fashion to have a hound to find the materials for him would definitely be useful. I haven't really thought of a familiar since it seems like it would take a bit to housebreak a familiar in any fashion in my opinion especially any searching hound or eagle to know where to sleep and such on top of that. Unless the animals in this game are more tame because of their coding? He asks curiously towards the man with a bit of curiosity as he glances towards the bear that is walking along with the duo as the strange nature of these famiiar things that are being mentioned come to mind. That even the most powerful of beasts are willing to work alongside the players. It'll be something to consider most definitely if these familiars are as useful as you say they are Alec.

"Well in my case." Alec begins in his deep baritone rumble. "I met this old Gypsy lady who told me how she used to have all these friends that were animals and how to go out and find one of my own. So I headed out into the forest and mountain areas looking for a familiar. I happened upon Humphrey here being attacked and torn apart by a pack of feral wolves. I attacked the wolves and destroyed them then I fed Humphrey one of my healing Potions and healed his wounds. After that I brought him back to the old Gypsy woman. She then told me how I could train him to help me in my travels. I hoped Humphrey could help heal me while I defended others so I went out and fought some monsters and all the while hoped Humphrey would heal me and gave him encouragement soon enough he succeeded and healed me. After that I went back to the old Gypsy woman and Humphrey's been a part of my life ever since. But I'm sure as these quests seem to change yours wouldn't be the same as mine." Alec offered as the pair continued deeper into the maze.

So there is a quest to meet some NPC to teach you how to train these creatures which is as simple as accepting a quest for it. That then involves training these beasts with another quest  seemingly. Well then got it. He says nodding his head at that when hearing that as they travel deeper into the twisting paths of the maze as he keeps his wits about him for the trouble that could be around the corners of this maze. Since weather as thundering as the first minotaur like beast or maybe  something more graceful is hidden. Either way there is something else in this maze probably and he wouldn't want to make it his enemy and rather hide where he can do so to avoid the dangers that would be sent his way. So then Alec after this quest what are your plans? He asks curiously towards the more sturdier player between the two of them which now that he takes note of it. Is rather comical to say the least between rather tall man who is muscular, and the non muscular slightly shorter businessman. With the taller muscular one holding axe and shield, and himself looking as threatening as a newborn kitten.

Alec continued leading the way deeper into the maze his shield held before himself in a low ready posture in case anything should present itself while his weapon arm hangs ready at his side as the group walks through the twisting turning depths of the underground maze in search of a pendant rumored to be waiting somewhere within these labyrinthine walls. "That's pretty much the gist of it Alec replies. Talk to the old Gypsy woman accept her quest. Search for and find a familiar which for Mr Lucky Jeans shouldn't be too hard." Alec offers jokingly in his deep baritone rumble. "Head back to old Gypsy woman. Bingo you got a familiar. Accept her second quest and figure out a way to train your familiar to help you out in whatever way you like. Once you've trained 'em head back to old Gypsy woman and finish your quest. Boom! Now you got a friend who helps you out. It might be something to consider." Alec stated as they continued to walk. "After this quest?" Alec repeated while he pondered the notion. "I guess head back to my new house on the Fourth Floor make some dinner.....I'm think steak and a potato. Pour myself a drink and relax. Or were you looking for a more long term answer?" Alec returned. "Are you looking for a new partner? Have I gotten stale and you're looking for a newer model?" The larger man joked as he casually flexed his massive arms and glanced over at Dagger with a quick flash of a grin.

He chuckles a bit at the answers his partner gives towards him as he shakes his head in amusement closing his eyes for a brief moment while doing so since the man has a sense of humor that he can appreciate at the very least alongside his strength and defense that the game gives him. Please if they tried to make a newer model of you. I think i'd be working with titans, and giants like from the stories and myths of the real world. He says jokingly back towards his partner and then thinks upon that answer of heading back towards a home and having a rather nice sounding meal. I'll take you up on that offer Alec. A home cooked meal sounds like it would be rather wonderful to have. He says politely to the man with a smile upon his face as the duo find themselves in front of a door. A twin set of doors firmly shut seemingly along with being made of literal stone with depictions of not just the singular minotaur we had seen but a literal army. Along with this  five possible taller minotaurs holding various items. Pendant, horn, armor, sword, and a crown. The door being smooth no engravings into it, and when touched would open up to see the rather seemingly normal just mat black pendant sitting upon a pedestal.

As the trio continued their travels through the maze they eventually arrived at a pair of stone doors with an elaborate mural painted upon its surface. Alec let his gaze drift over the murals complete surface stunned by the intricacies and detail placed upon the fresco. Alec let out a low soft whistle at the beauty of the piece. "Image his hard that would be to do on the real world." Alec offered softly as his hand hovered near the artwork but not dating to touch it. As he caught out of the corner of his eye Dagger reaching out to touch the intricately decorated door Alec instantly snapped his shield Mirror's Embrace up before himself in defense as he held his weapon hand low and behind him ready to swing should danger present itself. As the door opened and Alec peered inside seeing nothing but a small dimly lit room with a pedestal holding a matte black pendant Alec let out a bewildered exhale. "Well that seemed rather anticlimactic." The large man stated in his deep baritone rumble as he turned his head looking around them utterly confused.

Making his way over towards the necklace he picks up the item as right before his eyes and Alec's the necklaces morphs and changes to what was once a blank matte black necklace now changes to be that of a necklace taking on his shop's colors and symbol. Looking towards Alec he raises his hand as he looks towards the man with a grin across his face as he then starts twirling the necklace in his hand as he then does a small bow. Seems we have completed this quest mister Alec if that is the case we should make our way out of this place before we get bombarded by more of these hoya like creatures. Since if that door is anything to go by there might be more then two like the quest info might give off. He says towards the taller man as the sounds of thundering noises of repeated footsteps echo through the halls as the reverberation from teh footsteps of the other hoya echoes and reverberates off of the enclosed walls.

"That sounds like a decent enough idea to me." Alec replied in his deep baritone rumble. "However I have to say I wasn't too impressed by that Hoya and personally wouldn't mind texting my mettle against a group of them. Heck maybe even one or two of the bigs on the mural would be fun." Alec stated as a gleam twinkled in his eyes. "But we got what we came for so I'll follow you're lead and we can toast and celebrate once we're someplace where fighting isn't allowed." The large man offered with a deep chuckle as he fell into step with his small more well dressed counterpart. "So steaks and drinks at my cabin when we get out of here?" Alec asked. "It's not fully furnished but I've got the essentials to entertain a house guest, whose not spending the night." Alec added hurriedly. "I had to make choices you see." Alec began. "I haven't bought any bedrooms yet so I mainly just crash on my couch like it's my old bachelor pad." The large man says with a deep rumbling laugh.

A couch that can work as a bed for somebody like you? Are we certain we're not talking about some kind of kind sized bed that has been modified to count as a couch as well at times? He says jokingly to the fighter between the two of the players as they make their way through the corridors of the maze having to find their way out now instead of find their way in deeper towards the place. The corridors lit by the glowstones that dagger holds within his hands as he casually tosses them onto the ground to light up the area that they walk. Having had to buy hundreds upon hundreds of these to level himself up appropriately to be of use to those within this game when it came to getting uniques. The sounds of thundering hooves echoing off the brick like walls that are blank slates no depictions of fights or anything unlike the door where the necklace was retrieved. Though a nice meal sounds wonderful Alec lets enjoy us a nice meal when we escape out of here.

Alec smiled at his travelling companion's jest. "Well to be honest it is an oversized couch scaled to me. It's about eight feet long." The larger man offered with a grin as the trio continued to make their way through the maze heading, he sincerely hoped, for the exit. Alec wasn't at all worried about fighting more Hoyas, the last one had been a pushover. Or maybe Alec had just levelled beyond the quest. Either way he was worried about them, what he was worried about was being trapped within a maze for the rest of his time here. That prospect was not appealing to him at all. "A nice meal it is." Alec announced in his deep baritone rumble as they continued to walk the hallways all looking the same as every other hallway the turns all looking the same as every other turn. "We should have used something to mark our way in." The large man offers by way of a late suggestions. "Hind sight being twenty twenty and all." He said with a chuckle.

Looking towards the man he nods his head in agreement that marking their way into the maze would've made for a rather nice way to avoid being lost in this place forever possibly as he can only just continue to throw glow crystal after glow crystal to light the way. With each thrown crystal it is just revealing the same pastel bricked walls that look like they have aged through years of being untouched except by these hoyas. The sounds of thundering hooves echoing through the halls as the duo just navigate their way through endless hall after endless hall. Which thankfully after awhile gives way towards something that has been lacking after their good bit of walking the sight of natural light from the sun peering down through a turn to escape this endless maze that has been their residence. The sound of the hooves sounding like they are getting louder as we do so, but coming down form the other side the right side instead of left.

Alec grinned widely as an exterior light source came into view from ahead. "I never doubted you for a second." The large man exclaims happily as he claps the smaller man in the back in praise and celebration of finding the exit. "There's a reason you're called the Luckiest Man in Aincrad." Alec offers with a chuckle in his deep baritone rumble. As the pair turn the corner and ascend the stone stairs that lead to the outside "world" and the fog enshrouded forest beyond. As the group ascendes the stone staircase and reenteres the forest above, the ever present fog still lingered but seemed to have disapated some what now that they had finished their quest and attained their spoils. Alec led the way through the forest and the coiling tendrils of fog as they made their way through the forest headed for the main settlement and the Teleporter Pad contained within.

As they make their way through the forest he just grins taking the compliment that was said about his rather insane luck since it is rather amazing on his part what he is able to achieve with a few little luck boosting type stuff as the fog that hangs at their legs would slowly fade over time as they make their way towards the destination the fourth floor abode of his associate. As they make their way it would eventually give way towards the sight of the main settlement Delilah that is upon this floor. Looking towards his partner he thinks on what they could do next upon their adventures as he glances towards his partner. So then Alec if nothing comes up within my plans what sort of quest do you think we should partake in next? Since you are rather the one driving this ship on what quests we do since we're going at the pace of how much damage you can do against these creatures. He asks in a polite tone of voice towards the tank as forest changes into that of a winter wonderland.

As the pair exit the town of Snowfrost on the Fourth Floor Alec leafs the way through the knee deep snow the is eternal on his home floor. Humphrey takes the opportunity to bound through the snow drifts and crashes through fluffy powder. "I'm not sure." Alec answers back. " I've pretty much just been following along and helping you out on quests that will benefit you. I've done nearly every quest on the first ten floors." Alec answers in his deep baritone rumble. "Is there no other quest you feel will help benefit you and increase your skills and what you're working on levelling currently? We could go find you a familiar." The large man offers as the pair reached the far corner of the Fourth Floor and Alec leads the way to the small wooden cabin built against the side of a mountain opening the door and ushering the other man inside to reveal the home is really a hollowed out portion of the mountain containing four floors one of which is still unfinished. "I suppose I could also find something on one of the higher floors too." Alec offers as he heads to the kitchen and begins grilling a pair of steaks. "What's your drink of choice?" Alec asks as he begins cooking.

Finding a familiar would be a rather successful and easy task within theory that i can most certainly agreed, but i think at the end of the day i'll wait on that there are some other skills i wish to get my hands upon before i would do that you know? He says towards his partner as the duo make their way through the fourth floor at a steady but surefire pace as once they arrive he sees that his ally had taken residence inside of a nice little mountain as he just nods his head not going to question the stylistic choices of a person since everyone has their own preferences. When making his way into the humble abode he enters into the kitchen and sits down at one of the seats that are provided as he smiles over towards the man. A simple water will be fine for myself don't particularly care for any of the alcoholic stuff. He says politely towards the man with a smile as he waits patiently for the meal that will be provided out of the good will of his associate.

Alec nods to his companions words. "I can totally understand that." The larger man answers. "So what quests are still on your bucket list to complete?" Alec asks as he places a pair if steaks on the counter for the both them along with a tall glass of water for his friend Dagger and a large mug of ale for himself as he sits down at another stool himself. "Which skills are you working on?" Alec asks as he glances up from his steak at his friend and travelling companion. "I have a few myself but sure ours are fairly different." Alec offers with a grin. "Once I get a few more skills levelled I will most definitely drag you out on a quest and farming run on the Tier 2 Floors. Or we could just head up there and farm some Col, Mats and items if you'd like? A whole pile of Tier 2 Unidentified Items for your shop?" The larger man offers with a grin and a raised eyebrow. "Say, are you in a guild yet? I recently joined Aincrad Trading Post purely to help level my Blacksmithing but they also offer a boost to Col gained from killing mobs which wouldn't help you much but you also get a boost to Treasure Chest Col which could be valuable. Unless you'd rather pass up on free Col?" Alec offers with a chuckle and another raised eyebrow.