[F3-PP] The lost pendant <<Search for the Hoya>>

Thinking on the fact of the fourth floor the weather comes to mind as he checks his clothing that while heavier then just plain old light armor is still of the more light variety and not suited for the colder climates especially on top of that the idea of losing his hat would be rather annoying to try and reclaim if the winds got particularly strong if a snowstorm occurred. I think i'll see myself to floor thread now that i take some time to think about it. I might investigate the quest known as the traveler at some point to see if it would truly help deal with the temperatures that ring true within this game. That way i can at least stand the more out there floors like i heard that nine was some place that is mostly volcanoes that just sounds downright miserable to be there. He says calmly at the thought of having to deal with being right next to floating magma, or what could possibly even be volcanoes that explode at certain points to shower the players in volcanic falling rocks all around them in some bizarre death trap.

Using

Mega slime farm +2 SP per month
Attic bedroom: +1 to searching

level 13: 260/260 HP  26/26 ENG LD:3+4=7

@Alec

Edited by Dagger
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alec nods his head in agreement with Dagger's comments. "Personally I live the snow and cold of the Fourth Floor but the hot sandy desert of the Fifth Floor was miserable and the endless lava flows and rivers of liquid hot magma were absolutely the worst." Alec states in his deep baritone rumble, to which Alec's companion Humphrey the American black bear cub let's out a pained growl/whine sound of sheet unhappiness. "See." Alec offered with a chuckle. "Even Humphrey here hated those two floors and he usually has a real happy positive attitude." Alec stated as he reached down and scratched the bear cub vigorously behind the ears and on the thick nape of his neck. "Where are we headed to on the Third Floor?" Alec asks. "Because I already helped the Treants out with their war with the Elves and I don't think that's a repeatable quest from the rumors I've heard but I'm far from an expert on all things here." Alec offered as he spread his arms out and slowly turned back and forth with a faint hint of a smile playing at the perpetual scowl that firmly held his stern features.

Spoiler

Lvl: 34 / HP:   710/710 / EN:  68/68 / DMG: 5 / MIT: 104 / ACC: 0 / EVA: -1 / BH: 7 / BLD: 12 - 2 rounds

Stonewall: - 25% DoT

Col Stash/Col Deposit: +10% mob / +15% Chests

EQUIPPED ITEMS:

Vanquisher Shoulder Armor

Mirror's Embrace

Axe of Rending

BATTLE READY:

Luck Stone

He nods his head when hearing of the floors above that what he had heard was correct and from the sounds of it indeed miserable to the highest levels for people and he can assume especially for that of people who tank the damage from minions due to their more so heavily armored nature. Glancing around the area where the wasps are starting to spawn he quickly starts backing away from anything involving those as he glances toards Alec with a smile upon his face. Well the plan is to go and tackle some quest about some creature called a hoya. Apparently there is some kind of labyrinth that it resides in that has two of these creatures. We kill one or both i'm uncertain of numbers the rumors are varying. Then there is meant to be some kind of pendant near the end. he says towards his partner as he then looks towards the ground and picks up a bit of some of the carapace that he insects around here have and stores it for maybe a future armor. Maybe sell it as some kind of item that a person can want. The business of the world is vast and interesting for those who could need anything from this game for any reason.

#118553 LD:14+7=21 material found

Edited by Dagger

Alec listens attentively to his adventuring companion and business partner Dagger as he describes their next quest. This one being one that Alec hasn't already tackled so this will be a learning experience for both men it seems. Alec nods. "Ok. So there's a maze. That's just awesome." Alec states grumpily. "And a Hoya you say? So like Georgetown. We're looking for one more monstrous bull dogs then I take it." Alec states as he begins thinking about the prospect of fighting one or more gigantic English Bulldogs, not a pretty picture he thinks to himself but with his own skills and equipment plus Humphrey he shouldn't have too much  trouble he decides with a nod as he continues through the wooded terrain headed for Urbus and it's teleportation device there. "And these Hoya's are guarding a pendant you say. Any idea about what properties or buffs it has?" Alec asks the other man as they stroll through the forest of the Third Floor headed for the main town and their next quest.

When hearing the question he just shakes his head no as he makes his way alongside Alec as he tries to think of what he has heard about the pendant through the grapevine of rumors that floats about since merchant he may be, but he has most definitely not payed col for info brokers to try and get the exact information out of them. All i got for you Alec is that it is meat to be some kind of gift or something. That is all i got on this Pendant that you get from this quest which is rather little really. he says calmly towards the man at his side as he looks towards the bear that is by his side and remembers that their are things called familiars in this game that could serve some kind of purpose according to the tank man besides him. 'I should spend some time trying to get mine. The only question is how to find the quest, or find the mechanic that allows for such a thing.' He thinks to himself with a smile at the thought of it.

Alec continues his walk alongside his two travelling companions Dagger and Humphrey. Alec listened as the other man explained the prize for completion of this quest they were currently on and nodded his understanding of his partners explanation. "Ok. A gift sounds nice." Alec replied in his deep baritone rumble as they walked. When Alec caught Dagger slip a glance at Humphrey his familiar Alec dropped his hand down and scratched the American black bear cub behind the ears and on the nap of his thick furry neck absent with out conciously thinking about the action. "So just so I understand we have to travel through a maze the find these Hoya's and defeat them or defeat them then beat a maze?" Alec asked. "I guess in the end it really doesn't matter which way we have to do it I'm just curious which I should prepare for first." Alec asked as the group continued their walk finally arriving at the town of Urbus.

He nods his head at that as he looks towards his protector when he asks for the clarification of what the quest parameters. You'd be correct Alec that we have to go through a maze first things first, and then fight a thing called a Hoya, and then we take the loot and then leave while hopefully not engaging in combat with more then one of these creatures. He says in calm tone of voice towards his protector while moving along with him towards the quest destination walking at a rather calm pace as he starts scanning the forest's floor right away for any and all materials that he can get since money is money and it will make his business go round.  Though supposedly the Hoya's are trying to find you in this maze as well when you step into it so there is that factor that it is possible we might just run into one or both of them at any point. He says towards Alec as for once his luck fails him in spotting a material.

#119309 LD:6+7=13 @Alec

Edited by Dagger

As Dagger explains the portions of the quest Alec listens attentively absorbing the details Dagger is explaining. When he finishes Alec nods his head in understanding. "Ok. Find the maze, find our way through the maze and fight one or more giant bulldogs that will be hunting us as soon as we enter the maze. Seems pretty straight forward." Alec replies in his deep baritone rumble with a nod as he cracks the faintest if smiles at the corner of his perpetual scowl. "Sssooooo......do you have any idea where this maze is hiding?" Alec asks as he walks along beside the other man keeping an eye out for any hostile Players or monsters that might be lurking around hidden within the forest they're travelling through. Alec reached down and behind idly scratching his familiar Humphrey behind the ears and on the nap of his neck as the group wander along.

Spoiler

Roll: 119310

LD: 1

Edited by Alec

He nods his head at the synopsis by his bodyguard as the duo make their way through the forest as he leads Alec towards their destination which is just promptly deeper into the forest of the third floor where fog starts to rise up and obscure the path that the duo would be walking along. Supposedly in this forest is the entrance to the thing. Supposedly screams had been heard during the night and that is what the quest prompter had mentioned when partaking in this quest of the beast of the forest. Which players say is this Hoya creature that we are meant to fight. He says as he blocks out the thoughts of what that would sound the like. The screams of terrified people having to fight a beast of a hound that would tear them into pieces seemingly if their are screams being reported by the NPCs. 'Every floor has its problems seemingly.' He thinks to himself as he starts to wonder if there is just a floor that can be peaceful for him to reside on and rest.

#119311 LD:2+7=9

Edited by Dagger

Alec follows alongside his travelling companion Dagger as they venture into a fog shrouded area of the forest. The general feel of the place and ambiance begins to take on a heavy oppressive feel which triggers a feeling that they are slowly closing in on their destination. "Screams you say?" Alec repeats as the trio make their way deeper into the fog shrouded forest and thick wisps and tendrils if the fog begin to wrap around their ankles and legs obscuring the ground the deeper they travel into this shaded and troubled area. "Ain't that the truth." Alec replies in his deep rumble with a low chuckle. "If their was a floor with no issues I think I'd be the most worried about that floor over all the others considering the entire situation we've all seemed to find ourselves in." Alec offered pointedly to his companion. "Think about it. With all the trials and hazards on all the other floors if you found a floor that was paradise you should definitely run away." Alec finished with a deep soft chuckle as they group worked it's way ever deeper into the fog shrouded woods.

He chuckles a bit at the words that get spoken to him as he just nod his head in agreement a rather genuine smile upon the merchant's face. I would have to agree to you since if that place looked like paradise that means it is hiding a much darker secret then any other floor whom had come before it, and thus deserves to have players just blast through it then never touched again for all of our safety more so then anything else. He says in a amused tone of voice while walking around as the fog continue to condense getting thicker but only staying just below the knees of Dagger himself as he gazes towards the direction of where this maze was meant to be. Not knowing the exact location, and certainly not knowing where he was meant to go to try and enter into said maze or if the forest itself counted as the maze. However, eventually the duo would come across a opening in the ground. Stone steps overtaken with vines and other plant life reveals itself towards the duo.

Edited by Dagger

Alec nodded his agreement to Dagger's astute explanation and break down of the reality of such a place as a mild shudder dances across the large man's spine at the thought. "That would be a horrible situation." Alec returned. "If for no other reason than to offer the illusion of sanctuary before crushing that facade with the harsh reality of the terrors that mist assuredly awaited upon such a floor as that." Alec replied as the trio continued deeper and deeper into the forest and it's thickening fog. As the group continued to venture ever deeper into the fog enshrouded forest they eventually came upon a set of old stone steps that descended under ground. Alec let out a deep sigh. "I don't suppose you have a lantern or light or anything?" Alec asked as he slowly began to descend the steps. "I'm not afraid of the dark but I can't stand stumbling and fumbling around in the dark. I wish there was a skill or something that you could pick up that allowed you to see in the dark or something like that." The large man stated as he reached the bottom of the stone steps and began making his way forward into the labyrinth before them.

Looking towards Alec he raises an eyebrow at his choice of words as they start to descend into the maze. Dagger himself taking out a glowstone one of the many he had bought for himself to level up his merchant profession as he takes out two and cracks them to activate their glowing properties. Well to begin with Alec. There is a skill that allows you to see in the dark it comes with the searching skill if you get a certain level of talent with it that it unlocks a subsection of it type of thing. Though since we're here now proceed with caution we don't know the strength of the quest upon this floor, and i've heard there are higher tiered quests upon lower floors. I don't know this quest's reputation of strength. He admits having not been one to care much for quest information gathering, but the knowledge of businesses and how they are going is one of which he had payed a close eye to since it is his business to know such information to gain a advantage himself.

Alec nodded at Dagger's words. Searching huh? Thought Alec well he had intended to pick that up one day to help his Gathering for his Blacksmithing but maybe that skill was more useful than he had originally thought. He'd have to look into that when he got the chance he told himself mentally as they began making their way through the underground labyrinth. "I'm really glad you brought one of those." Alec said in a thankful tone to his travelling companion Dagger. "I hated that quest where you had to stumble around in the dark looking fir that gem. I like to see where I'm going no tripping, no falling and no banging my head on low hanging ceilings or rocks." Alec stated as he left the way deeper into the maze. As Alec moved he cocked his head to the side, not sure if he actually heard something coming from deeper within the maze or if it was just a trick of the walls and corridors around them tossing their own sounds back at them in a illusion of other noises. Either way Alec held his shield up before him as he progressed deeper into the maze alert and attentive for any sounds or movement that wasn't their own.

He chuckles at the words of his friend as they make their way through the maze as Dagger himself uses his glowstone like Alec as a torch in the manner of illuminating the area as they proceed deeper into the maze every so steadily and carefully. Catching the sight of his companion raising his shield he just nods his head expecting the worse to come as he keeps one eye and sense backwards to detect if anything would try to blindside them from behind since it would certainly not be a good time for himself if a creature slammed in from behind. Since he wouldn't have any damage to give or any defensive qualities to protect him and save his own life since he is wearing vanity clothing and his lucky pin that is the symbol of his shop. SO then Alec what are the chances of us running into these Hoyas by this point do you think? He decides to ask to humor the chances of meeting one via the turning wheel of fate since as they say. Speak of the devil and they shall appear.

As if in que the moment the words fall off of Dagger's lips and the sound fades an ear splitting roar rips forth from the darkness beyond the glow stone's edge that shakes the very foundation of the maze the trio find themselves ensconced within. There is immediately the thunder of massive hooves charging down the stone hallway before them. (Hooves?!? Wait. What the heck? Thinks Alec I thought he said Hoya like Georgetown Hoya's bulldog bulldogs don't have hooves what the crud is this?!?) Alec thinks to himself as he readies his shield and Axe of Rending for the fight to come. Whatever this is it's massive and moving fast. "Brace yourself!" Alec calls out as the monster explodes into the light snorting and heaving as it charges. The Minotaur (Alec could see that now) lowered it's massive head and charged forward. Alec raised his shield and lowered his shoulder prepared for a jarring collision from the gigantic beast barreling towards him. As the Minotaur collided with Alec's shield the force of the impact was laughable at best. Alec wasn't budged in the slightest and he received nothing more than a minor bruise which his Battle Healing instantly fixed.

Spoiler

Roll: 119358

BD: 4 (Miss)

MD: 10 (Crit +2) 30+3=32-104=1 DMG (No THN)

Spoiler

Alec - HP:   710/710 / EN:  68/68 / DMG: 5 / MIT: 104 / ACC: 0 / EVA: -1 / BH: 7 / BLD: 12 - 2 rounds

<<Hoya Minotaurs>> - HP: 45/45 / DMG: 30

Edited by Alec

Gazing down the hall he quickly produces another glowstone and tosses it towards the creature and has just enough time to simply say before the moment of beast meeting his bodyguard. Well then. That is most certainly not a bulldog. The loud clang of flesh meeting metal and the sight of his bodyguard being affected by the impact causes the merchant to hit the ground by jumping right at it for cover as if a aerial bombing had just occurred as he gets back up onto his feet and backs up away from the fight of man vs beast knowing better then to get involved during this fight since it'll lead to his doom if he does so. I believe you got this mister Alec I am just going to be over here. he says with a slight cough hiding the slight bit of panic he had from that moment as best as he is able to do so. Not use to being this close in the fact of combat as he gets to view the fight from up close rather then from a very safe distance of farming mats in the surrounding area. When checking back he sees that the moment of panic had caused him to see things as instead of his bodyguard being affected it seems he was in a entire stalemate. 'I guess this is why i'm not a fighter.' he thinks to himself as he can feel the thumping of his virtual heart. the reality of him most likely not handling that sort of pressure becoming apparent.

Edited by Dagger

Alec held his shield up before him as he stared over the razor sharp saw bladed edge of his shield Mirror's Embrace. The hulking Minotaur's fetid breath washed over Alec as the beast snorted and strained against his shield. The stench was cloying and slightly nauseating to the large man locked against it. Alec calmed his racing mind and summons the games internal energy source and harnessed it powering his weapon and a Sword Art. His battle axe began to glow and vibrate as the energy grew. Once the weapons energy had reached its maximum potential lightning began to spark and dance across the axes surface. Alec swung his axe up over his shoulder and down burying the glowing head derp into the Minotaur's shoulder as the pent up lightning coursed through the beast causing it to bellow in rage as it lashed out its weapon glancing off Alec's heavy armor and barely nicking his skin as he dropped his center if balance and spun in a circle swinging his shield wide slicing a deep cut through the beasts midsection causing it begin shaking and convulsing before it exploded into a shower if pixels that rained down and disappeared as the large man stood up lowering his arms to his sides as his Battle Healing fired up and healed his wound as if it had never been. The large man shot a glance and a set grin over his shoulder to his friend. "See. Nothing to it." He offered with slight grin and a chuckle as began walking forward through the maze again.

Spoiler

Roll: 119408

BD: 8 (Hit) 5*7=35 DMG (BLD - 12 / 2 turns)

MD: 8+1=9 (Hit) 30-104=1 DMG (THN 36 DMG)

Spoiler

Alec - HP:   710/710 / EN:  58/68 / DMG: 5 / MIT: 104 / ACC: 0 / EVA: -1 / BH: 7 / BLD: 12 - 2 rounds

<<Hoya Minotaurs>> - HP: 0/45 / DMG: 30 - DEAD

Edited by Alec

Letting out a cough into his hand he straightens out his clothes and dusts them off from having thrown himself to the ground as he then looks towards his compatriot hiding the astonishment in his eyes of having cleared a foe of such size, and seemingly it had strength on it as well. Clearing his throat he looks towards Alec and says rather calmly much to his credit. I figured you could handle such a foe my good sir, but i didn't expect you to be as quite unmovable as you had been against it thus i had moved myself from that to avoid taking damage from the foe. Though i am quite surprised you were able to dispatch such a creature with very little effort. Truly you are a tank of rather great strength when compared to these quests. He says with a smile upon his face and a nod of his head as Dagger then sticks to walking side by side with Alec. Knowing at the very least nothing should have the strength to be able to move this seemingly unmovable statue of a fighter.

As Alec heard the slight cough from his friend and travelling companion Dagger he glances over with a wry grin on his face seeing the man dusting himself off. "Did you find a Material down there on the ground?" the larger man offers jokingly with a smile to show he meant no offense with the verbal jab as he lowers his arms to his side and begins moving forward through the maze again. "With its size and my lack of time to prepare I had to improvise." The large man offers with a chuckle. "But in all honesty I thought that was going to go a little differently than it did myself." Alec states in his deep baritone rumble. "Turns out these Hoya's look more viscous than they are. Must have been a steer, not a bull." Alec jokes at the Minotaur's expense. "Guess why they always got tipped back home." Alec finishes with a chuckle as he glances down at the smaller man walking along beside him with a grin and a raised eyebrow.