MIT: 18

THORNS: 18
Fireproof
Regen 1

Skills
- One-Handed Straight Sword (Rank 1)
>>> +1 DMG

Equipment
- Striker the Cunning (T1 Perfect Straight Sword)
>>> Keen 2
>>> Taunt 1

- Inferno Guardian (T1 Perfect Shield)
>>> Fireproof
>>> +18 Thorns

- Battleplate of Deaf Honor (T1 Perfect Heavy Armor)
>>> +18 MIT
>>> Regen 1

Battle-Ready Inventory
- Healing Rub - Restores 40 HP
- (3) Starter Healing Potions - Restores 50 HP
- Stormcaller - T1 OHSS (+2 DMG | Paralyze 1)

"What's this?" Dederick mused as he entered the garden, a random spit of land in the valley of the first floor blanketed by hundreds - no, thousands of flowers. A pleasant aroma wafted about, carried along the gentle breeze as an accent to the visual cacophony of stunning colors that now surrounded him. Dotting the meadow were a few boars grazing along with other low-level mobs that didn't seem to pose much of a threat. Outside the safety that the walls of the Town of Beginnings provided, this had to be one of the safest and more serene locations on the entirety of the first floor. 

Instinctively, Dederick opened up his menu and navigated to the inventory panel, selecting an Immolation Potion and dismissing the windows as the vial populated in his hand. It wasn't that Dederick planned to defile these hallowed grounds - quite the opposite, actually. If a mob engaged him, it was his hope that he could end the skirmish as swiftly as possible as not to damage their surroundings.

Once the flavorless liquid had slid down the back of his throat, the vial disintegrated in a cloud of azure polygonal fractals. Now fully prepped, he stepped forward and into the meadow. He wasn't exactly sure what to expect, but spending a bit of time relaxing or grinding weak mobs couldn't hurt.

IMMOLATION POTION CONSUMED (+10 THORNS)

Spoiler

Dederick: HP: 60/60 | EN: 6/6 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 18 | THORNS: 28 | FIREPROOF | REGEN 1

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

Stats: 
Level 1

20/20 HP | 2/2 EN | 2 DMG | 9-10 BLD | 9 MIT

[T1 Uncommon Heavy Armor] Aurora, 9 MIT

[T1 Uncommon 1H Straight Sword] Mercy, Bleed (Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 (1 slot) deal (12 * Tier) unmitigated bleed damage each enemy turn for 2 turns. Bleed damage does not stack, but can be refreshed.

(5) Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)

Weapon skills:

»Rank 1 - One Handed Weapons, +1 Damage

Symphony approached the field on the right side of the young man. With her full-face helmet and armor on, she stood at about 6 foot 3. Her sword resting at her hip, she looked over and waved towards the young man. Maybe he was also here to gather materials. 

She began to walk over towards the man, taking off her helmet as she did so to reveal a thin yet strong face with blue eyes and long blonde hair. When she stood in front of the man, she held out her hand as a polite gesture and introduced herself. "My name is Joanne Hawke. It's a pleasure to meet you. Are you also here to gather materials and hunt beasts?" She was quite a formal woman, having been raised in a family of former Knights in Scotland. 

Her armor shone fiercely in the sun as she stood in front of him. Spikes came out horizontally along her shins, forearms, and the sides of her helmet. Due to her height and armor, most mistook her for a man both in this world and the real one. She wouldn't be surprised if the man in front of her had realized such before she took her helmet off. 

@Dederick

Edited by Joanne

Not thirty seconds into his staycation and he had already found himself accosted by some random knight. He stared daggers at the individual as he approached, watching as the man took off his helmet and- oh.

Oh.

Standing directly before him now, taller than Dederick, palm outstretched, was a beautiful woman with hair like Rumplestiltskin's gold thread and a fair complexion to match. Rosy hues crept into Dederick's cheeks, a response not only to the beauty of the woman before him, but of his own ignorance in ever assuming she was a man at all. She was also a bit... intimidating. Dederick had never met a woman who could tower over him like she could.

"My name is Joanne Hawke. It's a pleasure to meet you. Are you also here to gather materials and hunt beasts?" she inquired, her level and cool voice only accentuating her attractiveness. Dederick gulped before seizing her hand and giving it a firm shake, doing his best to keep a straight face.

"I'm Dederick, nice to meet you. And yes, I'd planned on spending some time here - a little staycation of sorts. I haven't felt this at ease since I got trapped in this floating hell."

Edited by Dederick

Joanne smiled broadly, not noticing the blush on the young man in front of her. She shook his hand firmly in return and then tilted her head as she heard the word "staycation". "Staycation?" she asked. She had come from a life where vacations weren't very often for her. In fact, she couldn't remember the last time that she had taken a proper one besides leaving the farm due to a cold or for one day holidays. She continued smoothly, "If you wouldn't mind, I may aid you in feeling more at ease." She rested her left arm on the hilt of her large sword. "I could accompany you while also gathering supplies. You won't be in any danger that way." 

As she waited for the man's response, she put her helmet back into her inventory and tried to braid her hair. However, she soon realized that her bulky heavy armor would not allow her such flexibility. She sighed and quickly removed her armor, revealing a white, loose shirt and dark blue jeans with leather boots. She now stood at 6 foot height--her natural height. "One moment, please," she said as she braided her hair into a long, loose braid. Then she re-equipped her armor and stood at attention. 

@Dederick

"You won't be in any danger that way."

For some reason, the words stung Dederick. He had never considered himself misogynist, but perhaps there were fragments of that trait floating around in there somewhere if the idea of being protected by a woman bothered him. This concept was further cemented when he felt a bit more comfortable around her with her armor off. She was still a tad taller than him, but it wasn't anywhere near the half-foot difference that had existed between them just moments before. But just as quickly as the armor had come off, it reassembled against her slim figure, and the chasm between their heights was restored.

But now wasn't the time to be worrying about that. He pointed toward a pair of boars that had noticed them and were slowly creeping closer, a red glint in their eyes signalling hostile intent. They didn't look particularly threatening, but any mob in this game could kill if given the appropriate opportunity. "Let's see what you've got, then," he suggested with a grin, a slight jab toward her confidence. He had no doubt that she was a capable fighter - the jab was in jest. Hopefully she took it that way.

"I'll draw first blood," he reported, unsheathing his blade and wandering forward toward the pack. He poured his energy into the blade through the hilt, releasing it upon the pair of swine when he felt he was within range in the form of a wide slash. While one of the boars seemed to get caught by the attack, the other was aware enough to duck and avoid taking any damage. They both had eyes for him now, though, which was probably for the best. "Alright, you're up!"

Spoiler

Encounter: Boar 1
HP: 30 | DMG: 9 | ACC: 3 | EVA: -3

Encounter: Boar 2
HP: 30 | DMG: 9 | ACC: 3 | EVA: -3

Spoiler

[H: 1 | 3] Dederick: HP: 60/60 | EN: 6-4=2/6 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 18 | THORNS: 28 | FIREPROOF | REGEN 1 | KEEN 2 | TAUNT 1
[H: 0 | 0] Joanna: HP: 20/20 | EN: 2/2 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 9 | BLEED 1

Dederick used [x2 AoE] Rage Spike, -2 EN

Boar 1: HP: 30/30 | DMG: 9 | ACC: 3 | EVA: -3 | ID: 126136 | BD: 2+3=5, Miss | MD: 1+3=4, Miss
Boar 2: HP: 30-8=22/30 | DMG: 9 | ACC: 3 | EVA: -3 | ID: 126137 | BD: 10, Crit for 4x2=8 DMG | 
KEEN ACTIVATES | MD: 2+3=5, Miss

Edited by Dederick

In no way did Joanne mean for her words to cut into the man's confidence. She was quite caring, and had dedicated her life, both in the world and the real world, to helping others. 

Suddenly, she heard the sound of hooves and followed Dederick's gaze to the boars in front of them. She drew her blade and practiced some swinging, spinning throws from one hand to the next. She was ambidextrous when it came to fighting and most things. She grinned and braced herself for battle when she heard the man's jest. "I'll give it my all," she responded with her soft Northern Scottish accent.  

After the man landed his hit, she shouted, "Very good!". Then she rushed forward with her sword in front of her. She charged the first boar and sliced deep into its side. She drew her blade out of the beast and leaped back to avoid an attack. 

She had decided to use a basic attack in order to conserve her energy for the end or for an emergency. A smile played across her lips as she looked at the damage she had done. Her blade glowed red with the bleed affect that it was graced with. She looked back towards the man. "I believe it's your turn now."

@Dederick

Joanne vs. Boar Pup 1
Roll ID#: 126140
MD: 10 (+2 crit)
16 DMG

[H: 1 | 3] Dederick: HP: 60/60 | EN: 6-4=2/6 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 18 | THORNS: 28 | FIREPROOF | REGEN 1 | KEEN 2 | TAUNT 1
[H: 2 | 0] Joanna: HP: 20/20 | EN: 1/2 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 9 | BLEED (1/2)

Dederick used [x2 AoE] Rage Spike, -2 EN
Joanne used Basic Attack for 4 damage (2 + 2 Crit damage) + Bleed 12 DMG

Boar 1: HP: 14/30 | DMG: 9 | ACC: 3 | EVA: -3 | ID: 126136 | MD: 2+3=5, Miss | BD: 1+3=4, Miss | Bleed (1/2) affect
Boar 2: HP: 30-8=22/30 | DMG: 9 | ACC: 3 | EVA: -3 | ID: 126137 | MD: 10, Crit for 4x2=8 DMG | KEEN ACTIVATES | BD: 2+3=5, Miss

Edited by Joanne

Dederick watched as the Scottish woman dashed in and delivered a strike of her own into the boar that he had neglected to hit. It wasn't a lot of damage at first, but seemingly out of nowhere its health bare plummeted into the yellow. The status panel of the mob indicated that she had inflicted something onto it. "Bleed?" What did that even mean? Dederick cursed his neanderthalian understanding of these video game mechanics. 

"Good hit!" he called out encouragingly, dashing forward and bringing his blade down on the same boar while it was still weakened from her attack. It didn't deal much damage, but it finally provoked the swine into fighting back. It dropped its head and raked its hoof against the ground, taking aim before rocketing toward Dederick. He grinned and braced himself, placing his shield between himself and the mob and waiting for the perfect opportunity. When it was within range, he thrust the flat side of the shield forward and slammed it into the tusk of the boar, a blue flash from the equipment transferring into the creature and reducing it to cobalt dust. Their tag-team had worked.

"Too easy - we make a great pairing. Wonder how quickly we can finish this one off?" he chirped, pointing his blade at the singular remaining pig. It took a couple hesitant steps backward, seemingly frightened by what it had just witnessed. 

Spoiler

[H: 3 | 3] Dederick: HP: 60-1=59/60 | EN: 2+1-1=2/6 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 18 | THORNS: 28 | FIREPROOF | REGEN 1 | KEEN 2 | TAUNT 1
[H: 2 | 0] Joanna: HP: 20/20 | EN: 1/2 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 9 | BLEED 1

Dederick used [x1] Basic Attack, -1 EN

Boar 1: HP: 14-2-28=0/30 | DMG: 9 | ACC: 3 | EVA: -3 | ID: 126141 | BD: 2+5=7, Hit for 2 DMG | 
KEEN EXPIRES | MD: 7, Hit for 9-18=1 DMG | THORNS DEALS 28 DMG | REGEN ACTIVATES | Boar 1 defeated
Boar 2: HP: 22/30 | DMG: 9 | ACC: 3 | EVA: -3 | ID: 126142 | BD: x | MD: 2+3=5, Miss

Looting:
Boar 1
ID: 126146
LD: 11 / CD: 6
180 col
(3) T1 Materials
(1) T1 Uncommon Consumable [ID: 126146A]
(1) T1 Rare Weapon [ID: 126146B]

Edited by Dederick

Joanne yelled in encouragement as he finished off the first boar. "Nice shot!" She agreed and nodded her head when he mentioned that they were a good pair. She hadn't connected with someone like this in attacks yet in the game. She smiled and leaped forward towards the second boar, quickly decreasing the space between them. 

This time, she only managed to get a quick scratch on the boar. It was too fast for her to land an exact blow in her heavy armor. "Darn it," she cursed under her breath. "My apologies," she shouted over to Dederick. "I only managed to scratch the darn thing. I will do better this next time." 

She took a moment to wipe the blood off of her blade and check it for any nicks or scratches. She knew that such things wouldn't usually show up in the game, but it came out of habit. She had been a blacksmith and knight in the real world. The tradition had been passed down to her to become the next knight throughout generations upon generations. 

@Dederick

Spoiler

Basic attack vs. boar 2
Roll ID#: 126148
BD: 5 + 1 = 6, success
DMG 2

H: 3 | 3] Dederick: HP: 60-1=59/60 | EN: 2+1-1=2/6 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 18 | THORNS: 28 | FIREPROOF | REGEN 1 | KEEN 2 | TAUNT 1
[H: 2 | 1] Joanna: HP: 20/20 | EN: 1/2 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 9 | BLEED 1

Dederick used [x1] Basic Attack, -1 EN

Boar 1: HP: 14-2-28=0/30 | DMG: 9 | ACC: 3 | EVA: -3 | ID: 126141 | BD: 2+5=7, Hit for 2 DMG | 
KEEN EXPIRES | MD: 7, Hit for 9-18=1 DMG | THORNS DEALS 28 DMG | REGEN ACTIVATES | Boar 1 defeated
Boar 2: HP: 20/30 | DMG: 9 | ACC: 3 | EVA: -3 | ID: 126142 | BD: x | MD: 2+3=5, Miss

Sword Art List:

Rank 1

• [x2 AoE] Rage Spike (2 Energy +2 per target hit) - Strike each target in the vicinity twice in a blinding fit of uncontrolled rage.
  • [x3] Snake Bite (3 Energy) - The user quickly strikes the target with three brisk angled slashes.
Edited by Joanne

"You're doing fine - damage is damage," Dederick said reassuringly, raising his shield and clanging his sword against it to draw the beast's attention once more. It reared its hideous head toward him, huffing and puffing as its eyes glinted crimson, scraping its hoof backward against the ground in preparation to strike. Then, just as its friend had before, it lashed out, sprinting toward Dederick with wild abandon. That is, until it met with the Cobalt Knight's shield.

As the figure of the swine combusted into a cloud of blue polygonal confetti, Dederick sheathed his blade and meandered back over toward Joanna, dismissing the loot panel that populated. "Good work!" he congratulated, placing an arm on her shoulder. "Went about as well as I could have hoped for it to. Turns out this is a lot easier with a partner."

A truthful observation. Thus far, Dederick only had experience fighting alone. With someone else by his side, he felt the burden lifted. They played well off of one another, and he felt like this could develop into a fruitful partnership. But perhaps he was getting ahead of himself.

"I figure we worry about distributing the loot after we're done here in the meadow. No use wasting daylight by sorting everything out after each kill. Once we're done here, we can head back to a restaurant or tavern in town and split up our earnings there."

Spoiler

[H: 3] Dederick: HP: 59+5=60-1=59/60 | EN: 2+1=3/6 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 18 | THORNS: 28 | FIREPROOF | REGEN 1 | KEEN 2 | TAUNT 1
[H: 1] Joanna: HP: 20/20 | EN: 1/2 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 9 | BLEED 1
Regen: Turn 1/3 (5 HP regenerated this turn)

Dederick used [x0] No Action-0 EN

Boar 2: HP: 20-28=0/30 | DMG: 9 | ACC: 3 | EVA: -3 | ID: 126180 | BD: x | MD: 5+3=8, Hit for 9-18=1 DMG | THORNS DEAL 28 DMG | REGEN REFRESHES | Boar 2 defeated

Looting:
Boar 2
ID: 126181
LD: 19 / CD: 3

120 col
(5) T1 Materials
(1) T1 Rare Trinket [ID: 126181A]
(1) T1 Perfect Consumable [ID: 126181B]

Joanne smiled at Dederick's encouragement. It was refreshing to hear such words come out of another person's mouth. "Thank you for being so understanding," she returned. She stepped back and studied the man's movements as the last boar charged towards Dederick's shield. She nodded and smiled as she saw the beast explode into pixels. 

She looked at the man as he placed his hand on her shoulder, surprised at the touch. However, her expression of surprise soon turned to one of happiness as he spoke. "You are a good fighter as well!" she said. "And we do work well as a team. It is quite fun to fight with you." 

To his idea for sharing the loot, she nodded her head in agreement. "Yes, it is best to share the loot in a safer, less dangerous location." She took her helmet off once more so that she could see better. She took the chance to look around for enemies. After seeing none, she asked, "So, where would you like to go next?"

@Dederick

Dederick's eyes flickered past the woman and further into the meadow, where he spotted another pair of Boars grazing a short walk from where they were. He removed his hand from her shoulder and pointed toward them, hand extended slightly past her arm. "I see a couple pigs over yonder that look like they need a good butt-kicking. Let's go deliver what they ordered."

He felt her tagging along beside him as he walked past, and craned his neck to the side to address her as they both wandered toward the next batch of soon-to-be bacon. "So how did you end up here, anyway? You don't strike me as the sort of person to dawn the Nerve Gear. Were you pressured into it, or just curious? Or am I simply wrong entirely, and you're a gamer after all?" Hopefully he wasn't prying too much, but he was curious. She seemed too reserved and formal to be the gaming type.

Spoiler

Dederick: HP: 59+5=60/60 | EN: 3+1=4/6 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 18 | THORNS: 28 | FIREPROOF | REGEN 1 | KEEN 2 | TAUNT 1
Regen: Turn 1/3

ID: 126201
LD: 2
Material search failed.

Edited by Dederick

A slight blush of embarrassment came to Joanne's cheeks as he asked her how she had ended up in the game. For the first time in a while, she looked away, and her strong outer demeanor fell away. "W-well," she stumbled over her words, "in the real world, I was actually a blacksmith. I was never one for games, but my younger brother had just bought the nerve gear. So... I grew curious and decided to test it out." She sighed heavily. "And that is how I got stuck here." She cleared her throat and looked back at Dederick. "They say that curiosity killed the cat, and it appears that I have fallen into curiousity's trap." 

She took out her one handed sword and spun it around in her right hand. "However, my experience with swordsmanship and armor in the real world has helped me adjust to the fighting portion of this game rather easily." A small smile played across her lips. 

"I see," he mused, averting his eyes once he noticed the blush that played across her cheeks so as not to make her even more uncomfortable. "In that regard, you and I are born of the same flame. Curiosity was what brought me here. I was always raised to believe that technology such as this was sinful in nature. Raised to believe that the instruments of God were all we needed to live a moral and fulfilling life. The very first time I ignore these teachings and indulge in such technology, I find myself trapped in a fake world for what feels like eternity. This may very well be hell itself." He picked a pair of flowers from the meadow, watching as one cascaded into a shower of pixels. The other remained firmly within his grip.

When they reached their destination, the pair of boars were still grazing along, seemingly without the knowledge that Dederick and Joanne had approached at all. He turned to her and gave her a nod. "I think you should take the first strike this time - I'll hop in afterward and see if I can draw their aggro to me instead."

Spoiler

Dederick: HP: 60/60 | EN: 4+1=5/6 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 18 | THORNS: 28 | FIREPROOF | REGEN 1 | KEEN 2 | TAUNT 1
Regen: Turn 2/3

ID: 126208
LD: 13
(1) T1 Material acquired

Edited by Dederick

Joanne thought for a moment while the man spoke. "The knights and royalty that my family originally came from were said to have been chosen by God once. But man's own jealousy and greed for power turned one god-chosen monarch against another." She looked off into the distance. "If this were truly hell," she said thoughtfully, "then we are still truly blessed." She smiled down at Dederick. "We are blessed because we still have one another to lean on."

She stepped forward to make the first strike, equipping her helmet as she did so. Joanne dashed forward at a surprisingly quick pace, given that she was wearing a full suit of heavy armor. With one downward slash, she cut through the left side of boar 3. She quickly leaped away from the beast and her attack and turned towards Dederick. "It's your turn now!" She turned around to quickly face the beasts once more. It could be a grave mistake if one turned their back to one of these creatures for too long. 

@Dederick

Spoiler

Basic attack vs. boar 3
Roll ID#: 126211
BD: 10 (+2 crit)

Joanne deals 4 + 12 damage (1/2 Bleed) = 16 DMG to boar 3

Edited by Joanne

Joanne's words rolled around in Dederick's head as he observed her land another fantastic strike against one of the boars, its health meter depleting further than it ordinarily would thanks to her Bleed mechanic. It seemed that these boars were a tad hardier than the last batch had been - probably the reason why they seemed more plump and robust.

While Dederick would have loved to sit there and contemplate what she had said, it was time to spring into action. He followed along behind her with his blade charged, engaging both boars with a sweeping motion from his blade. Miraculously, he managed to connect his weapon with both of them, causing them to double back and squeal angrily in his direction. He then buckled down on one knee and put his shield in front of him, anticipating the counterattack that followed. Both boar's snouts connected with his shield, prompting a blue energy to flash from its surface and pour into their bodies, sapping away their HP.

Spoiler

Encounter: Boar 3
HP: 50 | DMG: 9 | ACC: 3 | EVA: -3

Encounter: Boar 4
HP: 50 | DMG: 9 | ACC: 3 | EVA: -3

Spoiler

[H: 2 | 2] Dederick: HP: 60-1-1=58/60 | EN: 5+1-6=0/6 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 18 | THORNS: 28 | FIREPROOF | REGEN 1 | KEEN 2 | TAUNT 1
[H: 2 | 0] Joanna: HP: 20/20 | EN: 2/2 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 9 | BLEED 1
Regen: Turn 3/3

Dederick used [x2 AoE] Rage Spike, -2 EN

Boar 3: HP: 34-4-28=2/50 | DMG: 9 | ACC: 3 | EVA: -3 | ID: 126213 | BD: 5+3=8, Hit for 2x2=4 DMG | 
KEEN ACTIVATES | MD: 5+3=8, Hit for 9-18=1 DMG | THORNS DEAL 28 DMG | REGEN REFRESHES
Boar 4: HP: 50-4-28=18/50 | DMG: 9 | ACC: 3 | EVA: -3 | ID: 126214 | BD: 8, Hit for 2x2=4 DMG | 
KEEN EXPIRES | MD: 3+3=6, Hit for 9-18=1 DMG | THORNS DEAL 28 DMG

Edited by Dederick

Joanne was equally impressed with the man's skill in battle. He would have made a fine knight from where she was from in the real world with such skills. However, she could not allow her mind to wander from battle for too long. She readied her blade once more and set her sights on the fourth boar. 

Once again, she dashed forward and slashed into the other boar, her blade slicing half-way through one of its back legs. The boar fell on its side before struggling up and running a safe distance away to recover. Meanwhile, the third boar fell to Joanne's bleed mechanic. 

She walked over towards where the boar had been and picked up the loot that it had dropped. Under her mask, she was smiling as she yelled over to Dederick, "One down and one to go!" She laughed lightly. She was actually having fun. 

Spoiler

basic attack vs. boar 4
Roll ID#: 126219
BD: 4 + 3 = 7, success

looting boar 3
Roll ID#: 126220
CD: 8
LD: 7

200+100+50=350 col
1 T1 material + 2 T1 material = 3 T1 materials
1 Rare trinket, roll 126220

[H: 2 | 2] Dederick: HP: 60-1-1=58/60 | EN: 5+1-6=0/6 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 18 | THORNS: 28 | FIREPROOF | REGEN 1 | KEEN 2 | TAUNT 1
[H: 2 | 0] Joanna: HP: 20/20 | EN: 1/2 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 9 | BLEED (2/2)
Regen: Turn 3/3

Boar 3: HP: 34-4-28=0/50 | DMG: 9 | ACC: 3 | EVA: -3 | ID: 126213 | BD: 5+3=8, Hit for 2x2=4 DMG | 
KEEN ACTIVATES | MD: 5+3=8, Hit for 9-18=1 DMG | THORNS DEAL 28 DMG | REGEN REFRESHES
Boar 4: HP: 18-2 =16/50 | DMG: 9 | ACC: 3 | EVA: -3 | ID: 126214 | BD: 8, Hit for 2x2=4 DMG | 
KEEN EXPIRES | MD: 3+3=6, Hit for 9-18=1 DMG | THORNS DEAL 28 DMG

Edited by Joanne

Despite the fact that Joanne had just carved into the creature, it still seemed that the final remaining boar only had eyes for Dederick. It broke out into a full-tilt sprint, swerving past the golden-haired woman and directly toward her male counterpart, running as fast as its short and stumpy legs could carry it. Once again he braced himself on a single knee and put his shield out in front of him. When the boar's tusks collided with the shield, it flashed blue, and the Thorns enhancement did the rest of the work. The creature exploded into a cloud of azure pixels that slowly disintegrated into nothingness.

"I suppose you're right," Dederick postulated with a grunt as he heaved his body back into a standing position. "Aincrad wouldn't truly be hell unless we were all alone in here. I can't imagine having nobody to talk to while going through all of this. Granted, I've kept myself relatively isolated these past years, but even then I still had some minimal form of human contact."

Spoiler

[H: 2Dederick: HP: 58+5=60-1=59/60 | EN: 0+1=1/6 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 18 | THORNS: 28 | FIREPROOF | REGEN 1 | KEEN 2 | TAUNT 1
[H: 1Joanna: HP: 20/20 | EN: 1/2 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 9 | BLEED 1

Dederick used [x0] No Action, -0 EN

Boar 4: HP: 16-28=0/50 | DMG: 9 | ACC: 3 | EVA: -3 | ID: 126222 | BD: x | MD: 3+3=6, Hit for 9-18=1 DMG | THORNS DEAL 28 DMG | REGEN REFRESHED | Boar 4 defeated

Looting:
Boar 4
ID: 126223
LD: 7 / CD: 3
200 col
(5) T1 Materials
(1) T1 Uncommon Consumable [ID: 126223]

Edited by Dederick

Joanne removed her helmet once more as the boar exploded upon Dederick's shield. "Well done," she congratulated him. She sheathed her sword once more and joined the man at his side. 

She looked into the distance thoughtfully as she thought of how to respond to the man's words. "I suppose the true hell is being alone then," she said. "Alone and with no one to trust." A pained expression crossed over her face as she said these last words. However, she quickly replaced the look with a smile. "Well, since we're not in hell then, what's up next for our adventure? Shall we try something a bit more challenging?" 

As she waited for the man to respond, she pulled out a canister of water from her inventory and took a long drink from it. She then wiped her mouth with the back of her left hand and offered the canister to Dederick. 

@Dederick

"I'm not entirely sure. I think I've been asking myself that for a long time," he remarked, cobalt eyes flickering to meet with her equally steely blue hues. In a world where few believed in a higher power, and fewer still valued the teachings of the church, Dederick felt at a loss. He could always press on, stubbornly trying to imprint his ideals on the people who surrounded him, but he would find himself even more alienated than before. As Joanne had said, being alone was what hell truly was. As much as Dederick wanted to spread the word of the Lord, he couldn't bear to go it alone.

Not again.

"I think that for today, we should just stick to the boars. They're easy enough to take down, and before long we'll be too overleveled to get any rewards from them - or so I've been told." As he concluded his thought, he knelt down and plucked another pair of flowers from the meadow - one violet and one blue. Unlike before, both managed to cling to their forms without degrading into a shower of pixels. He held one out for Joanne. "Besides, it's a beautiful day. It would be a shame to squander it by going somewhere miserable and making ourselves uncomfortable fighting something tougher. For now, let's just enjoy it."

Spoiler

Dederick: HP: 59+5=60/60 | EN: 1+1=2/6 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 18 | THORNS: 28 | FIREPROOF | REGEN 1 | KEEN 2 | TAUNT 1

ID: 126224
LD: 19
(2) T1 Materials acquired

Edited by Dederick

As much as Joanne wanted to challenge herself with tougher opponents, she agreed with Dederick's view. And it was a nice day. The sky was clear, with just a few fluffy white clouds floating about. "It really is a beautiful world isn't it... " she muttered to herself as she gazed up at the light blue plane above her. It looked so real despite being made up of pixels. She sighed and looked back down just in time to see Dederick offering her a flower. She smiled and took it, tucking it in her hair behind her right ear. 

She looked back over at her companion and suggested, "So, since we've been battling together so far, maybe we should tell each other a little bit more about one another." She thought for a moment. "I'll go first. I was raised on a farm and am trained in blacksmithing, archery, swordsmanship, and horse riding. I was dubbed a knight when I was 21. My father is a knight as well, but I took over the position of representing the family when I was knighted." She stared off into the distance, seeing her family back home in front of her once more. "I also have a younger brother. He would be 23 this year..." her voice trailed off as she finished the sentence.

@Dederick