[F01 - PP] A Chance Encounter <<Nature's Treasure>>

Dederick simply blinked as Joanne reached her arm across the table and wiped the greasy mess from his lips, stiffening a bit and doing his best to stay still until she was done. After a moment, she pulled away in a jerking motion, scarlet hues flushing her cheeks instantly.

"I-i am so so sorry!" she stuttered, "I-i just meant to help! I didn't mean to um, y-you know..."

To what?

"Uhh, that's... quite alright. I don't mind," he replied, offering her a warm smile to assuage her concern as a red pigment slowly worked its way into his cheeks as well. As his eyes studied her face looking for any change in her expression, he noticed that she had a bit of relish stuck to her lip as well. "In fact, here..." He leaned forward, arm slowly outstretching, using his thumb to slowly wipe the relish from her cheek. "See? No big deal," he remarked as he leaned back in his seat, bringing his thumb up to his mouth and sucking the relish right off of it. 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Her eyes widened as he brought his hand close to her, holding her breath. As his thumb touched near her lips, she took a quick breath in. It sounds like a strange thing to say, but she had never had something like this happen to her before. Yes, age 25, and she had never had much in the way of romance in her life. She had just spent so much of it training. So, it's safe to say that she was quite surprised by the gentle gesture. Then when he brought his thumb to his lips and sucked the relish off, it took all her strength to keep in a squeal from all the emotions running through her mind. Excitement, confusion, embarrassment, and ... what was that emotion? She hadn't felt it before. 

She was so overcome by those sudden emotions that all she could do was nod her head. Her cheeks were bright red, the hue now spreading across her whole face. She couldn't speak for a moment or two. When she finally composed herself again, she cleared her throat and said, "Well it seems like these hot dogs were a good idea," she said, smiling nervously as her voice cracked. "We-we should do this sometime again," she said hurriedly. Uncharacteristically rushed. It had even surprised her. "Er, I mean go out and on quests and stuff..." For once she was at a loss of words. She shook her head clear. "I think we made a great team today, is what I'm trying to say," smiling and fully composed again, her emotions hidden behind her calm expression once more. 

@Dederick

Dederick was too busy stuffing his face to notice Joanne's nervousness. Once one began to eat one of Oscar's chili cheese hot dogs, they didn't simply just stop. It wasn't as simple as that. After a few more mighty bites, the meat cylinder had vanished. By the time he was himself again, he only caught the tail end of what Joanne had been saying.

"I think we made a great team today, is what I'm trying to say," she said with a smile, the reddish hues from earlier having left her cheeks. Mouth still full of food, Dederick simply offered a thumbs up and continued to chew.

One loud gulp later, and he was finally able to speak. "I think so, too, Joanne. I think I had the wrong idea trying to move through this digital labyrinth on my own. You might just be the special someone I've needed to make this world more tolerable. If you'd be willing, I would love to do this again sometime. But for now..." His voice trailed off as his eyes traced the nearby window. The sun had started setting. "I need to be getting home."

He stood, offering his hand to her to help her to her feet. "It's been a pleasure. Let me walk you home."

THREAD COMPLETED

Thread net gains:

DEDERICK
2 SP
1150 col
(12) T1 Materials
(1) T1 Uncommon Consumable [ID: 126146A, ID: 126223
(1) T1 Rare Weapon [ID: 126146B]
(1) T1 Perfect Consumable [ID: 126181B]
(3) T1 Rare Trinkets [ID: 126181A, ID: 126220, ID: 127052]

JOANNE
2 SP