[F01-PP] <<Earning a Living>> New Alchemist in Town

Once again, Joanne charged up her blade, letting the rage from the sword art fill her body and control her movements. The only bad part about this sword art was that it made her moves sloppy as she let her emotions control her. Again, the sloppiness of the sword art caused her to miss once more. The second brown bear didn't attack her this time, instead choosing to circle around her slowly. It didn't want to experience the pain of the thorns from her last attack. 

Meanwhile, the first brown bear began to charge towards James. "James! Watch out!" she yelled over to him as she saw the burly beast pick up speed, charging in for the kill. She knew the bear wouldn't be able to get through much of James' tough armor, but the image of a large beast charging towards him at full speed was still disturbing to a certain extent. 

Spoiler

rage spike vs. brown bear 1 and brown bear 2
Roll ID#: 128614
BD: 4 + 1 = 5, fail

brown bear 1 attack
Roll ID#: 128615 <-attacks James
MD: 9 (+1 crit)

brown bear 2 attack
Roll ID#: 128616 
MD: 3 + 1 = 4 fail

[H: 0 | 0] Joanne: 79 + 10 = 80/80 HP | 6 + 1- 2 = 5/8 EN | 3 DMG | 9-10 BLD | 18 MIT | 2 REGEN (10 TOTAL) (1/3)| 2 THORN (18 DMG total) (active)
[H: 1 | 0] James: 60/60 HP | 6 - 1 = 5/6 EN | 3 DMG | 32 MIT | BLEED | 2 LIGHT MOMENTUM | 1 EVA

vs. 

Brown Bear 1: 40 - 3 = 37/40 HP | 12 DMG | +1 ACC | -1 EVA
Brown Bear 2: 40 - 18 = 22/40 HP | 12 DMG | +1 ACC | -1 EVA

Spoiler

sword art

Rank 1

• [x2 AoE] Rage Spike (2 Energy +2 per target hit) - Strike each target in the vicinity twice in a blinding fit of uncontrolled rage.
  • [x3] Snake Bite (3 Energy) - The user quickly strikes the target with three brisk angled slashes.

Edited by Joanne
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James was already aware of the large beast charging towards him before his sister's words reached his ears. He had braced himself already, holding his spear out in front of him to block the attack. However, the strength of the brown bear was so powerful, that it broke through his block and slashed him across the chest, sending him flying back a few feet. He quickly got up from his vulnerable position on the ground and prepared for another assault, wary of the beasts claws now. 

He took a second to look down and check his armor. The chest area had been shredded by the sharp claws of the wild animal. If he hadn't been wearing his armor, his skin would have surely been shredded into pieces. He grimaced, the seriousness of the situation finally hitting him. These were more powerful enemies than the small boars that he usually fought. 

Spoiler

basic attack vs. brown bear 1
Roll ID#: 128617
BD: 3 + 1 = 4 fail

H: 0 | 0] Joanne: 79 + 10 = 80/80 HP | 6 + 1- 2 = 5/8 EN | 3 DMG | 9-10 BLD | 18 MIT | 2 REGEN (10 TOTAL) (1/3)| 2 THORN (18 DMG total)
[H: 1 | 0] James: 60 - (13 - 32 = 1) = 59/60 HP | 5 + 1 - 2 = 4/6 EN | 3 DMG | 32 MIT | BLEED | 2 LIGHT MOMENTUM | 1 EVA

vs. 

Brown Bear 1: 37/40 HP | 12 DMG | +1 ACC | -1 EVA
Brown Bear 2: 22/40 HP | 12 DMG | +1 ACC | -1 EVA

Edited by James_Hawke

Joanne took a deep breath and focused her energy, her blade glowing blue with a different sword art this time. With astonishing speed, she raced towards the first brown bear and slashed it 3 times, dashing around it between each blow, avoiding its attacks. Her blade also took on a red hue as the bleed enchantment took control, draining the beast's health even more. With its chest and sides slashed open, the brown bear let out one more tired roar before falling to the ground and bursting into thousands of blue pixels. 

Joanne lowered her blade and calmly walked over to where the beast had been. She knelt down and searched through it, finding two more materials. This find brought a warm smile to her lips as she added the materials to her inventory. Only one more left to go. 

And only one more bear to kill as well. Joanne turned and looked towards her brother, checking how he was doing. His enemy's health was still high, so she decided to jump in and help him after his next attack. 

Spoiler

Snake Bite vs. brown bear 2
Roll ID#: 128619
BD: 9 (+1 crit)
DMG dealt: (3 + 1) * 3 = 12 + 12 BLEED = 24 DMG
MD: 10 (negated due to bear death)

brown bear 1 attack
Roll ID#: 128620
MD: 2 fail

loot of brown bear 2
Roll ID#: 128621
LD: 4
CD: 9

[H: 0 | 2] Joanne:  80/80 HP | 5 + 1 - 3 = 3/8 EN | 3 DMG | 9-10 BLD (active) | 18 MIT | 2 REGEN (10 TOTAL) | 2 THORN (18 DMG total) (active)
[H: 1 | 0] James: 59/60 HP | 4/6 EN | 3 DMG | 32 MIT | BLEED | 2 LIGHT MOMENTUM | 1 EVA

vs. 

Brown Bear 1: 37/40 HP | 12 DMG | +1 ACC | -1 EVA
Brown Bear 2: 22 - 24 = 0/40 HP | 12 DMG | +1 ACC | -1 EVA

Loot gained: 
120 col + 80 = 200 col
2 T1 materials

4/5 materials gathered

Spoiler

sword art

Rank 1

• [x2 AoE] Rage Spike (2 Energy +2 per target hit) - Strike each target in the vicinity twice in a blinding fit of uncontrolled rage.
  • [x3] Snake Bite (3 Energy) - The user quickly strikes the target with three brisk angled slashes.

Edited by Joanne

James looked over and saw her take out her brown bear easily. He gritted his teeth. He didn't do as much damage as his sister, but at least he could evade most attacks. That being said, as the brown bear charged towards him in another attack, he quickly moved to the side at the last minute, causing the beast to miss. As the bear rushed past him, he took aim and stabbed the beast with his spear in the rump. The brown bear roared in annoyance, its rump now soar. James couldn't help but laugh at the attack. "Guess you'll be too sore to sit now," he joked, continuing to laugh at his own joke. 

He then saw Joanne walk over as she joined him in his fight against the beast. "Go ahead and kill him, Joanne. You need the rewards to accomplish your quest. Meanwhile, I'll just try to cut his health points down little by little." He hoped that he didn't accidentally take the kill. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 128622
BD: 7

[H: 0 | 2] Joanne:  80/80 HP | 3/8 EN | 3 DMG | 9-10 BLD (active) | 18 MIT | 2 REGEN (10 TOTAL) | 2 THORN (18 DMG total) (active)
[H: 1 | 0] James: 59/60 HP | 4 + 1 - 1 = 4/6 EN | 3 DMG | 32 MIT | BLEED | 2 LIGHT MOMENTUM | 1 EVA

vs. 

Brown Bear 1: 37 - 3 = 34/40 HP | 12 DMG | +1 ACC | -1 EVA

Edited by James_Hawke

"Go ahead and kill him, Joanne. You need the rewards to accomplish your quest. Meanwhile, I'll just try to cut his health points down little by little." 

"Thank you, James," she responded to his kindness. She stepped in front of him, drawing the enemy's attention. She took another deep breath as her blade began to glow, casting a blue light against her silver armor. She charged forward once more at amazing speeds, striking the beast once on each side and across its chest. The brown bear lowered its head to the ground and gave a loud grunt, shaking its head clear of the pain as it tried to focus itself on attacking. It began to charge towards James, deciding to take out its frustration and anger on the tall figure. 

"Watch out," Joanne warned her brother as she dashed out of the way of the angry beast, not wanting to get caught up in its attack if she didn't have to. 

Spoiler

snake bite vs. brown bear 1
Roll ID#: 128623
BD: 8
DMG dealt: 3 * 3 = 9 DMG
MD: 5 + 1 - 1 = 5 fail <- fail towards James

[H: 1 | 2] Joanne: 80/80 HP | 3 + 1 - 3 = 1/8 EN | 3 DMG | 9-10 BLD | 18 MIT | 2 REGEN (10 TOTAL) | 2 THORN (18 DMG total) 
[H: 1 | 0] James: 59/60 HP | 4 + 1 - 1 = 4/6 EN | 3 DMG | 32 MIT | BLEED | 2 LIGHT MOMENTUM | 1 EVA

vs. 

Brown Bear 1: 34 - 9 = 25/40 HP | 12 DMG | +1 ACC | -1 EVA

Spoiler

sword art

Rank 1

Edited by Joanne

As Joanne dodged out of the way, James held his spear out in front of him. At the last second, he dodged to the side once more and stabbed deep into the brown bear, launching his blade completely through one side of the beast and out of the other. His weapon began to glow red as his bleed enchantment activated, causing the beast even more pain. As he pulled the spear back out of the bear, the animal screamed and tried to lash out at him, but he moved out of the way of the attack and pulled his weapon free. 

He looked back over at Joanne. "Sorry about taking most of his health out," he apologized, rubbing the back of his head. "If you don't get this kill, then I'll pay for dinner to make up for it." He hoped she could land a critical hit or something so that her weapon's enchantment would activate and take the kill. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 128625
BD: 9 (+1 crit, bleed)
DMG dealt: 4 + 12 = 16

[H: 1 | 2] Joanne: 80/80 HP | 1/8 EN | 3 DMG | 9-10 BLD | 18 MIT | 2 REGEN (10 TOTAL) | 2 THORN (18 DMG total) 
[H: 3 | 0] James: 59/60 HP | 4 + 1 - 1 = 4/6 EN | 3 DMG | 32 MIT | BLEED (1/2) | 2 LIGHT MOMENTUM | 1 EVA

vs. 

Brown Bear 1: 25 - 16 = 9/40 HP | 12 DMG | +1 ACC | -1 EVA

Edited by James_Hawke

Joanne wasn't upset with her brother for taking most of the beast's health out. In fact, she was quite proud. "Don't apologize, brother," she said as she approached him and then laid her hand on his shoulder. "You are doing quite well. I'm proud of you." A sincere smile covered her lips. Then she turned her attention back to the task at hand. 

She walked forward and waited for the brown bear to charge her. She followed her brother's movements from earlier and dodged out of the way, attempting to bring her sword down across the bear's back as she did so. However, her timing was off, and her blade only managed to cut through the grass where the bear had been a few moments ago. She looked up and watched as the beast chose her brother as its target. 

She waved her arm and motioned for him to brace for the attack, hoping that the beast wouldn't hurt him too much. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 128655
BD: 1 

brown bear 1 attack
Roll ID#: 128656
MD: 9 (+1 crit) <-aimed towards James

[H: 1 | 2] Joanne: 80/80 HP | 1/8 EN | 3 DMG | 9-10 BLD | 18 MIT | 2 REGEN (10 TOTAL) | 2 THORN (18 DMG total) 
[H: 3 | 0] James: 59/60 HP | 4 + 1 - 1 = 4/6 EN | 3 DMG | 32 MIT | BLEED (1/2) | 2 LIGHT MOMENTUM | 1 EVA

vs. 

Brown Bear 1: 25 - 16 = 9/40 HP | 12 DMG | +1 ACC | -1 EVA

Spoiler

sword art

Rank 1

Edited by Joanne

James smiled at his sister's praise, glad that he wasn't seen as a burden or not good enough. He then watched as his sister failed her attack, noticing the brown bear was now targeted at him. 

He stood still, standing his ground, not moving. Suddenly the wounds of the bear opened back up and it let out a roar of pain as it dropped down to the ground and burst into pixels just inches away from James. He sighed in relief. He had wanted to stand there and look cool, but he had begun doubting that his weapon effect would activate again in time. He bent down and picked up the loot that the bear had dropped. He found another trinket that he would be able to identify in his shop. Maybe it would have even better enchantments than the pocket watch that he was currently wearing. 

After he was done looting, he stood back up and apologized to his sister. "Sorry about that, sis. I'll get us something to eat when we get back to the town. Get anything you want. It's all on me." He smiled. 

Spoiler

loot of brown bear 1
Roll ID#: 128657
LD: 10
CD: 8

[H: 3 | 0] James: 59/60 HP |  4/6 EN | 3 DMG | 32 MIT | BLEED (2/2) | 2 LIGHT MOMENTUM | 1 EVA

vs. 

Brown Bear 1: 9/40 HP | 12 DMG | +1 ACC | -1 EVA

loot gathered: 
120 col + 80 + 80 + 40 = 320 col
T1 Rare Trinket [ID: 128657]

Edited by James_Hawke

"Don't apologize, brother. Like I said, earlier: you did nothing wrong." As she said this, she looked around for materials, hoping to find something of use. However, after a few minutes of searching, she could not find anything. 

"How about we go for a nice dip in the river?" she asked as she switched into a one piece bathing suit. She put her long hair back in a ponytail and walked over to the cool water. She dipped a toe in and sighed happily. The water wasn't too cold; it was just right. She walked further in and checked how deep it was. The river only got about 5 feet deep, so it was a safe depth. 

She crouched down in the water, letting it wash over her face and hair. It felt nice and cool on her warm face. She wished she could just stay in the water forever, letting it wash over and calm her. 

Spoiler

searching for T1 materials
Roll ID#: 128666
LD: 13 fail

4/5 materials found 

Edited by Joanne

As Joanne got into her bathing suit and entered the water, James decided to do the same. "Yeah, that sounds like a good idea," he said as he changed into swim trunks and jumped into the water, creating a wide wave that ended up hitting Joanne in the face. As he stood back up in the water, he began to laugh. He felt like a kid again. 

Back home when they were younger, they would sometimes play in the river near their house, splashing up and down it for most of the day until their mum called them back for dinner or lunch. He sighed happily, thinking back to the good old days. He missed them. 

He looked back over to his sister. They had both grown up a lot since then. He had finally started to outgrow his sister when she was around 16 and he 14. Suddenly, he began to sprout up. In fact, he had still been growing by a smidge of a few centimeters when they entered the game. He wondered if his body had stopped growing while it lay there in a hospital bed connected to all sorts of machines. He shook his head clear of the image. It creeped him out. 

Joanne sputtered and laughed as the wave hit her face. She in turn splashed her brother back. It reminded her of the good old times as well.

While in the water, Joanne searching for materials on the dirt bed of the stream. Finding nothing, she rose back to the surface, the water streaming down her face and hair. "So brother," she said while standing back up in the water, "how is life being a merchant treating you? I've heard it's one of the more difficult professions here in the game." She wondered why he had chosen the profession as well. She didn't believe she had ever asked that. 

While she waited for him to answer, she thought about alchemy and her future profession. It made her heart warm and happy thinking that she could help create healing potions and other such things for those who needed it in the future. If just one of her creations saved a player from death, she would feel satisfied. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 129313
LD: 5 fail

4/5 materials found

Edited by Joanne

"how is life being a merchant treating you? I've heard it's one of the more difficult professions here in the game."

James let out a sigh, thinking about his merchant career. "Well, I've gotten a lot of time into running the shop. It appears that I'm one of the few active merchants in game, which I can see why. It's tedious work identifying those items all day." He smiled. "But it is worth it when I see my customer's faces as they pick up an identified item that they wanted or buy something from my shop that they really needed." He began to float on his back in the water. "I did close up my shop recently to take a break from it all. It was just getting a bit too overwhelming with all the requests I was getting. I feel kind of guilty, but I was getting burnt out too quickly." 

Joanne smiled as she heard her brother describe his profession. It sounded like he was actually having a bit of fun, even though it was strenuous work. When he mentioned that he had closed up shop temporarily, she understood. Back on the farm, mum and da would sometimes close up the fruit stand they set up during the summer if one of them was having an off day. It happened. 

"I hope I feel as fulfilled as an alchemist when I join your shop. Ha, at least we'll be close together like old times," she said. She remembered back to when they were kids. When they were really young, neither of them could be separated from the other. This changed as they got into middle school and high school though. They ended up diverging in their interests. Joanne liked horses and farming while her brother hated the farm and loved computers and gaming. In high school, he began to get bullied for his shy nature, but Joanne always showed up to protect him. She was quite strong from working on the farm all day, and most didn't want to go up against her, though she'd usually try and calm things down with her words before it came to actual physical fighting. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 129314
LD: 7 fail

4/5 materials found

Edited by Joanne

James nodded his head and relaxed further into the water. "Yeah, being close together will be great again. Then I'll get to annoy you all the time like when we were kids," he teased. Yes, he had been the annoying little brother that always wanted to tag along after his big sister. But as they both grew older, he gained more dependence and began to hate the ranch. He hated doing farming chores, but his parents still made him. As soon as he could, he had left the family farm, heading to the city to try and make a living as a computer programmer. And that he did quite successfully. He sighed, thinking about his life. He was happy that he had made it so far, but he still felt lonely most days when he had started living away from home. He had missed his parents, his sister -- hell he even missed the farm animals and the chores sometimes, though he would never admit it. 

The pair hung out in the stream, cooling down on a hot day, for roughly 45 more minutes. Then Joanne decided to lay on the grass for a little while and dry herself off. Once she was sufficiently dried and warmed, she re-equipped her armor and waited for her brother to do the same. She decided to go and find a large boar or something for them to both fight together. She looked around while waiting. Nope. Nothing. It seemed that she had searched this place dry so far. 

"Come on, brother," she said to him. "Let's head out and find a boar or something to kill. Just try and let me get the last hit on it this time," she said, giggling a little bit. She didn't mean to be harsh, she was only teasing lightly. While she waited for him to get out of the water, she began to hum the tune of an old folk song. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 129315
LD: 11 fail

4/5 materials 

Edited by Joanne

"Alright, alright, I'm getting out," James said as he quickly brought himself back out of the water and put on some proper clothes. He then equipped his black armor over his clothing and equipped his battle spear. He smiled when he heard the tune his sister was humming. It was a tune his mother used to sing to them when they were kids. It helped calm them down if they were upset or help them fall asleep if they were having trouble doing so. After she was finished with the tune, he motioned for her to follow him and lead the way. After a few minutes of walking, they came upon a greater boar, quite larger than the average full-sized boar. He readied his weapon and whistled to his sister. "Hey, looks like we got company." The sound of his voice alerted the boar to his presence. "Ah, crap. Well, looks like it's time to attack." 

He quickly charged forward with his spear, the pole locked against the tusks of the boar. It was a battle of strength. And neither parties won. Both were pushed back a few feet as each shoved forward. James whistled back to Joanne, letting her know it was her turn. 

Spoiler

basic attack vs. greater boar (put joanne's instead of james' name)
roll ID#: 129338
BD: 3 (light momentum activated for next turn)
MD: 5 - 1 = 4 fail

Joanne: 80/80 HP | 8/8 EN | 3 DMG | 9-10 BLD | 18 MIT | 2 REGEN (10 TOTAL) | 2 THORN (18 DMG total) 
James: 60/60 HP | 6/6 EN | 3 DMG | 32 MIT | BLEED | 2 LIGHT MOMENTUM | 1 EVA

vs. 

Greater Boar: 40/40 HP | 12 DMG

Edited by James_Hawke

Joanne prepared herself for battle as soon as she the greater boar appear in front of her brother. After he had attacked and failed, she rushed in, heeding the whistle that was the signal for her to jump in and attack. She jumped forward with her blade, slashing twice across the beast's face and front legs. She managed to dodge the greater boar as it lashed out towards the woman, further angered by the damage it had taken. Good. Now the hate was on her, allowing her brother to take the lead next. She whistled for him to come and take the lead, leaping out of the way as she did so. Hopefully he wouldn't do too much damage and take the darn thing out. She needed the materials to finally finish this quest. 

Meanwhile, the greater boar was shaking its head around, its wounds not closing due to the bleed effect of Joanne's weapon. It squealed thunderously in pain. It did not like this feeling. 

Spoiler

snake bite vs. greater boar
Roll ID#: 129342
BD: 9 (+1 crit) bleed activated
MD: 3 fail

[2]Joanne: 80/80 HP | 8 - 3 = 5/8 EN | 3 DMG | 9-10 BLD (1/2) | 18 MIT | 2 REGEN (10 TOTAL) | 2 THORN (18 DMG total) 
[0]James: 60/60 HP | 6/6 EN | 3 DMG | 32 MIT | BLEED | 2 LIGHT MOMENTUM | 1 EVA

vs. 

Greater Boar: 40 - (3 + 1) * 3 - 12 = 16/40 HP | 12 DMG

Spoiler

Rank 1

Edited by Joanne

James yelled, "Yes! Way to go, sis!" as he saw her hit her mark, the enchantment activating on her weapon. Further damage done. He smiled. Now it was his turn. At the signal, he jumped back in, swinging down with his weapon straight onto the beast. And he was lucky (or should we say unlucky) enough to cause a critical hit, his weapon enchantment going off as well. The greater boar burst into pixels, dropping a bit of loot. It had dropped 4 materials. James winced and turned back to his sister. "Um, maybe I should let you do all the fighting with the next one we find," he said. "Man, I really am sorry. That is the second time I have done that today. I really don't want to make it a habit." He laughed nervously, trying to make a joke out of it. He would most definitely allow her to kill the next enemy they ran into. 

Spoiler

basic attack vs. greater boar 
Roll ID#: 129343
BD: 10 + 2 = 12 (+2 crit)

loot of greater boar
Roll ID#: 129344
LD: 7
CD: 9

[2]Joanne: 80/80 HP | 5/8 EN | 3 DMG | 9-10 BLD (1/2) | 18 MIT | 2 REGEN (10 TOTAL) | 2 THORN (18 DMG total) 
[0]James: 60/60 HP | 6/6 EN | 3 DMG | 32 MIT | BLEED (1/2) | 2 LIGHT MOMENTUM | 1 EVA

vs. 

Greater Boar: 16 - 12 - (3 + 2) = 0/40 HP | 12 DMG

loot gathered: 
120 col + 40 = 160 col
2 + 2 T1 Materials = 4 T1 materials
T1 Rare Trinket [ID: 129344]

Edited by James_Hawke

Joanne sighed as she watched her brother get a lucky shot and just decimate the beast. "It's alright, she responded. I'll just take on the next one," she said kindly, understanding. "I am proud that you are getting more powerful with your attacks." She walked over and placed her hand supportively on his shoulder. "You'll need that strength when we make it up to front lines." A determined smile lit up her her eyes. "But for now, I need you to stay back and only engage if I'm in trouble, okay?" she asked, making sure that he understood. 

Suddenly, another greater boar popped out of the bushes. It appeared to be looking for another boar. Perhaps it was looking for the one the pair had just killed...? It turned and looked at the players. Its eyes suddenly filled with rage. It hated players with all of its heart, so it charged directly at Joanne, her shiny metal armor hurting its eyes. 

Spoiler

snake bite vs. greater boar 2
Roll ID#: 129359
BD: 10 (+2 crit)
MD: 8 

loot of greater boar 2
Roll ID#: 129360
LD: 20
CD: 12

Joanne: 80 - (12 - 18) = 79/80 HP | 5 + 1 - 3 = 3/8 EN | 3 DMG | 9-10 BLD (1/2) | 18 MIT | 2 REGEN (10 TOTAL) | 2 THORN (18 DMG total) 

vs. 

Greater Boar 2: 40 - (3 + 2) * 3 - 12 - 18 = 0/40 HP | 12 DMG

loot gathered
120 col + 80 + 80 + 160 = 440 col
T1 Perfect 1H Straight Sword [ID: 129360]

Spoiler

Rank 1

Edited by Joanne

He cheered his sister on as she took down the beast all in one turn. "That was amazing, sister!" he called to her. Then he saw the look of disappointment on her face as he realized that she hadn't gathered any materials from the boar. He walked over and put his arm around her shoulders supportively. "Don't worry. I'm sure the next one will have what you're looking for." Then he looked around, trying to figure out which way to go to find more boars. "Hm, maybe we should try heading a bit farther North. We haven't explored that area yet. There could be good spawn over there," he suggested. 

He led the way, walking with his spear leaning against his shoulder. He hoped she would find the material quickly. He was getting excited about them sharing a shop together. He walked faster, impatient about finishing this quest. He began humming the tune from earlier.