[F02-SP] Watch This Clown -- <<Breaking the Unbreakable>>

"Did you even get that?"

- - -

"Yes..." The man replied, finally with a word than a noise. "I have a task for you," he resounded, in an odd haughty tone. Basuke finally sighed, placing a confident hand on the handle of his sword. "Sure, old man, whaddya need?"

"Old man?!"

At a breakneck speed, the figure from behind the door charged at him, and Basuke swore he felt his feet fly off the ground, and his eyes were set to the sky. A hand at his neck, the blur of gold and blue slammed him directly into the large rock behind, the skin on it rough and calloused. "You do not call me old, sonny!"

"I-I'm sorry," he strained to say, struggling to pull the hand off his throat. This is not how he was willing to die in this game. The man huffed, his head jerking, before letting the youth go. Basuke fell to the grass, coughing and spluttering, trying to channel air into his lungs and find his voice again.

ID: 130364 | BD: 2
Basuke missed!

The Boulder | HP: 24/50 | EVA: -2

Basuke | Lv. 1 | HP: 20/20 | EN: 0/2 (+1, -1) | DMG: 1

Edited by Basuke
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basuke clicked his tongue, falling back onto the grass to take a seat. With one weak foot he began to kick at the rock, not caring if its health bar would fall (it wouldn't), while taking slow bites out of his apple, him brooding alone under the cloudy skies today.

- - -

"W-what, what was that--"

"Upupupupup!" The man, now identified by his interface as <Mr Miyagi> silenced him, waving a finger around. The golden robes lined with blue dropped down from his arms, as he reached into a compartment in them and pulled out a small bottle that appeared modern. It looked like medicine, and it definitely clashed with his perception of the game.

"H-how did you g--"

"Shshshhshh, shhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!" The man half-shushed and half-hissed at him. Basuke could only cough again dryly, trying to avoid looking up towards the sunlight. Miyagi bent down, his shadow draping over his figure, and the last thing Basuke saw before normalcy met a brick wall was Mr Miyagi's face.

ID: 130366 | BD: 2
Basuke missed!

Edited by Basuke

"WHAT?!"

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY FACE?!" Basuke howled, pulling at his cheeks. He felt the dryness of his whiskers falling over his skin, on his finger and face, and with all the ferocity of a tiger he screamed at the old man who smeared the -- stuff? -- on his visage to begin with. But Miyagi just chuckled with a 'Hufufufufu'. "Why," he began, "my child, you look beautiful, absolutely stunning."

"STUNNING MY FACE!"

"Yes, your face is absolutely stunning."

"THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEAAAAAAAAAAAANT!!!" The boy was almost bending over backwards this time, shrieking to the skies in panic and pain. His hands were up at his temples, pushing back his hair. "MY BEAUTIFUL FACE IS RUINED BECAUSE OF YOU!!!!!"

"Really?" Miyagi commented, looking unperturbed. He had begun checking his fingernails at this point. "Because I think your new face paint is truly an improvement."

"NO IT'S NOT YOU DUMB OLD MAN!!!!!!!!"

ID: 130369 | BD: 2
Basuke missed!

Edited by Basuke

"WHAT DO YOU EVEN WANT FROM MEEEEEEEE?!?!?!?"

"AHP!"

The man put his hands together, a loud noise resounding throughout the clearing, scaring away a set of birds from the nearby forest, following another flight that've left earlier from Basuke's screamings. The man pushed up his glasses, as the boy twitched violently, trying not to lose the rest of his cool about the man's actions.

Miyagi put a hand behind his back and cleared his throat. "Ugly youth!"

"I'm not ugly!"

"Silence!" The man pointed to the large boulder at the center of the clearing. "You must beat up that rock!"

- - -

One of his meager kickings chipped off a single point of damage from the rock. Finally, he thought, taking a final bite of his apple. He chewed it slowly, taking in the serenity of the clearing, stalling for time before he had to get up and start his daily routine again. He wasn't super excited on beating up the rock if he wasn't allowed to scream at it. Let him live, for god's sake.

ID: 130425 | BD: 7
Basuke attacks The Boulder! (-1 DMG)

The Boulder | HP: 23/50 (-1) | EVA: -2

Edited by Basuke

Basuke turned to the rock, slowly, teeth gritted and face tightened in anger. Through his sheer hatred for the situation, he grumbled, "Why?"

"Because," Miyagi raised a finger for emphasis. He paused, for an extremely uncomfortable period of time, one that only served to annoy Basuke even further about the situation. The boy felt the sweat from the tension trickle down his neck, before considering to speak up.

And then the man spoke with a cheeky grin. "I won't remove your whiskers otherwise~! Haha~"

"THERE'S NO REASON FOR YOU TO DO THAT!! JUST REMOVE THESE WHISKERS AND LET ME GO!!"

"Haaaaaaaaaah?" The man tilted to one side, both hands at his back now, appearing to almost be falling over.

"NOT THAT AGAIN!!" Basuke wailed, beginning to stomp his feet into the dirt in anger. "JUST DROP THE ACT AND STOP MAKING THESE WEIRD SITUATIONS!! WHAT ARE YOU EVEN TRYING TO DO?! WHAT'S YOUR GOAL FOR DOING THIS?!?!"

ID: 130426 | BD: 2
Basuke missed!

The Boulder | HP: 23/50 | EVA: -2

Edited by Basuke

"Actually..." Miyagi paused, putting a hand on his chin. As the winds blew around them, he began to speak, turning his face away from Basuke. "I... I've been lonely, you know?"

"WHAT?! What?" Basuke slowed his movements, looking at the man in pity. "Wait," he mentioned, immediately calming down, his compassion growing, "You're... lonely?" Perhaps it was pity, or a feeling of kinship with the man, but Basuke had a fleeting thought at that moment. D-do you want me to--

"Just kidding~" The man sang, wearing a deadpanned expression as he faced Basuke once more. The player then began kicking at the dirt, scarily violently, hollering. "WHY ARE YOU LYING?! WHAT'S THE POINT?!"

"Oh, it's about time to have some hotpot," Miyagi thought aloud, faking ignorance to Basuke's screaming. Turning back to his hut, he began to shuffle away, leaving the boy alone with his anger and frustration. "Good luck with that boulder, ugly boy."

"NOW YOU'RE JUST BEING MEAN!!!!!!"

ID: 130427 | BD: 3
Basuke missed!

Edited by Basuke

This... this old man... he's really getting on my nerves--!!!

Basuke's annoyance vented towards the earth began to bore a dirt spot that marked the entry to Miyagi's portion of the clearing. He wanted to scream, cry, kick and basically demonstrate with every part, every fibre of his being, how much an annoyance the old man was to him.

He couldn't bring himself to. Not only did he feel like he had to keep his dignity, he also didn't want to lose his voice screaming. Plus...

There was a welcomingly large boulder right by his side to push all his anger towards.

"Rrrgh...." Basuke rolled up his sleeves, pulling out his blade. As he dealt his first blow --

-- his sword shattered in half. Immediately on impact, he felt the blade's steel give way to the rock's rugged exterior, and the blade completely collapsed on itself, dissolving in Basuke's hands.

"... What...?"

ID: 130428 | BD: 1
Basuke missed!

Edited by Basuke

The boy stood in silence for a solitary moment, before the creaking of a door was heard from behind him. Mr Miyagi peeped out from behind the door frame, chewing on something. "Oh, yeah," the man called out to him, taking no hints about the tension in the air. "You gotta use your hands, boy. No weapons!"

"What?!" Basuke's head turned towards him at light speed. Slurping filled the gap between them, before the conversation continued.

"Yeah, uhuh," Miyagi mentioned, chewing on some noodles. "No weapons. Really, trust me." He ushered Basuke to turn towards the rock with two black chopsticks in his fingers. "Go on, give it a shot. I'm not lying this time, young man."

As the door shut on their discussion, Basuke was left alone outside, looking to the rock, the player now made swordless. Taking a deep, irritated breath, he clenched his fist, same way he did his jaw, and shoving his arm behind him, he delivered a truly, hearty, painful punch to The Boulder, pouring all of his anger and frustration into the blow.

ID: 130429 | BD: 9
Basuke attacks The Boulder!
1 + 1 = 2 DMG

The Boulder | HP: 21/50 (-2) | EVA: -2

Edited by Basuke

... What was there left to think about?

Basuke finally rose, setting the apple core he had in his hands aside. The boy stretched, extending his arms, leaning backwards. At rest, he sighed, slowing his breathing to focus on the day ahead. He was so, so close to getting out of here. The rock had even moulded and shrunk from having its faces beaten out repetitively day by day.

He couldn't lose this chance to destroy it. And also to get the whiskers off his cheeks. Gosh, he was really going to enjoy a face wash when he finally got that paint off of him.

Sliding his arm backwards once more, he readied himself, before smashing his fist into the rock again, the pain and heat of the impact sticking with his fingers. He shook them off as he glanced at the health bar. Good. As long as it went down, he was certain to continue walloping the stationary target.

ID: 130430 | BD: 8

The Boulder | HP: 20/50 (-1) | EVA: -2

Edited by Basuke

It wasn't even fifteen minutes later of pure silence, maybe not so much punching, that Basuke began to scream. "I'M NOT GONNA LET SOME OLD MAN TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!!!!"

One strike to the rock chipped off another bit of health. "I'll show him... LIKE I'LL SHOW YOU WHO'S BOSS!!!!"

Anyway, let's discuss something else. Oh, what about why this goofball's been on Floor 2 for so long? We can go with that, right? Really, it's kind of sad. Maybe you should hear it first though.

- - -

It'd been a number of days since he'd begun breaking down the boulder. Basuke had been enjoying his time on the floor's taverns and inns, but lately he'd been feeling home sick. Not to mention, the first floor had a busy town! It'd be incredibly difficult to stay away for too long before something there had changed. The current issue aside from that would be his whisker marks. He desperately wanted them off.

ID: 130447 | BD: 8

The Boulder | HP: 19/50 (-1) | EVA: -2

Edited by Basuke

In a hooded cloak, he shuffled over to the teleporter, holding its cloth close by his neck. "Teleport," he willed, expecting the light to take him.

It didn't. "Teleport," he repeated, furrowing his brow. Why wasn't it working? Did he have to mention a place? A floor? "Teleport First Town?"

Nothing. Basuke swore under his breath, as he stepped aside for an oncoming adventurer rushing by, the light enveloping them instead. He bit the bottom of his chapped lips angrily, almost ripping apart its skin, before rushing away from the scene of the incident. He'd have to figure it out later, and something told him it wasn't the language barrier this time.

But the barrier would bar him from communication, that much was a given. Even as he was pondering at the tavern, voices all around him were speaking in foreign. He clicked his tongue as he took another sip of apple juice. He was close, he bet. Just needed to figure out what the appropriate keyword was.

ID: 130553 | BD: 1
Basuke missed!

The Boulder | HP: 19/50 | EVA: -2

Edited by Basuke

A hearty kick. That one really hurt his ankle. Basuke imagined he should've gotten better at beating up the rock after such an extended training period. But really, he was constantly getting bruised, rejuvenated and beaten up once again. He screamed again, just to get his voice warmed and his spirits fired. "AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!"

- - -

It was another day, far from our previous first, and Basuke was skulking around the town, looking out for any newcomers who might be familiar with his language (or at least had the time to put up with his shenanigans). Two flashes, and two men, one garbed in blank and another in blue, strolled down the stairs of the platform.

Basuke intercepted them. "Hey! Hey hey hey."

"What?" The man in dark barked, halting. He held out an arm to stop his companion as well, eyes questioning the boy who stopped them. "Who--"

"-- Where you guys come from?"

ID: 130554 | BD: 4

The Boulder | HP: 19/50 (-1) | EVA: -2

Edited by Basuke

The trio stood in silence for a beat, before the one in blue spoke up. "Where we what?"

"Where you guys come from?" Basuke spilled, exasperated. He wasn't pronouncing the words wrong, was he? The man in dark raised a brow, before drawling out a, "Why...?"

"Need-- Need a teleport."

The blue mentioned under his breath, glancing over at his friend. "He needs a teleport...?" But the latter waved a hand, smirking. It gave Basuke the wrong vibes, and he folded his arms in retaliation, trying to keep a handle on his nerves. "Teleport, huh? You don't speak English, do you?" One open-palmed shove, and the boy backed off, stumbling as he took another defensive stance.

"N-no."

- - -

Another blow, another part of the rock becomes dust. He rubbed the skin on his knuckles, gritting his teeth hard. Basuke wasn't going to be surprised if he found out he needed teeth fillings when he returned to the world of the living.

ID: 130555 | BD: 4

The Boulder | HP: 18/50 (-1) | EVA: -2

Edited by Basuke

"Ha," the man in dark scoffed, a hand back on the hilt of his blade. His eyes looked over the lost boy, sizing him up. "Okay, okay. Where're you from?"

"K-Korea?"

"Korea," he repeated, nodding his head almost tauntingly. "Okay. Hey, y'know what? Mouse-face?" The man said with a grin. "Korea's back that way."

A finger pointed to the platform. "It's called Snowfrost now, in this game. Say it with me, alright? Teleport. Snowfrost." A laugh, and a hand to drag his friend's arm along, the latter choking on any words of protests he may have had. "See ya later, basket!"

It's Basuke, he thought, furrowing his brow. But I'll give it a shot anyway. What've I got to lose, come back to this town?

- - -

While one of his fists was recovering, he pummeled the rock even further with his other hand. "DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I HATE THIS TOWN, ROCK?!" Basuke screeched, pummelling the rock even further. "OR THESE WHISKERS?! A LOT MORE THAN YOU CAN FEEL, I GUARANTEE THAT!"

ID: 130556 | BD: 9
Basuke attacks The Boulder!
1 + 1 = 2 DMG

The Boulder | HP: 16/50 (-2) | EVA: -2

Edited by Basuke

Basuke was immediately burdened by snow fall. He shivered in the snow, mouth trembling, almost unable to say the words to lead him home.

"T-T-Tele-p-ort-U-u-rbu-ss-zz---"

With a flash, he tumbled out the platform, into the warmth of the soft, mulchy dirt. In a turn of events, it had also began to rain, the skies being dark earlier. While he laid, face rooted to the floor, he tried to recover from the shock of the temperature changing. And he wanted to sneeze. So bad. But that meant getting up, and his muscles and bones weren't feeling up to it right then.

So he just laid there. In the ever pouring rain, waiting for a time he could get up and walk away.

- - -

One more kick to vent his anger, and he walked away, beginning to encircle the boulder threateningly. "You," he seethed, "have it easy amongst rocks. Do you know that? That damned old man shelters you from the rain every time I see it! What's so special about you that you have to be beaten down, anyway?!"

ID: 130577 | BD: 4

The Boulder | HP: 15/50 (-1) | EVA: -2

Edited by Basuke

That day, he returned to the boulder, just to get a few hits in to vent. By this point, progress on the object had been slow, as it always was, and it continued to stand tall in the middle of the clearing, a few obvious dents in it. Its shadow fell on Basuke as he trudged into the clearing, the rain matting his hair and sticking his clothes to his skin.

... Wait.

Is that?

There was a large wooden ladder that seemed out of place, leaning against the towering boulder. At the top of it, several leaf umbrellas were collected, wedged and tied between and on the ladder's rungs to shelter it from the rain. The rock's surface had stayed completely dry and powdery.

At the sight of it, Basuke's face scrunched up in frustration, annoyance and anger.

- - -

"Seriously," Basuke panted, giving the stone another kick with the heel of his foot, teeth gritted. "Imagine being so coddled, just as you are! You've been alive for two years, that's more than every other rock probably has! You should be thanking me instead!"

ID: 130589 | BD: 8

The Boulder | HP: 14/50 (-1) | EVA: -2

Edited by Basuke

To say that it was the first time that would happen would be a jest. The next afternoon, after the rain had stopped during the night, the sun was uncharacteristically burning down upon everyone. Perhaps the blistering wind had a hand in whisking away the clouds that day, but otherwise...

What is this, an effect of global warming? Basuke remarked internally, adjusting the snapback on his head. With a small bag of groceries, he strolled over to the rock at his own pace, having just left a general goods store. However, he stopped in his tracks when the rock and its surroundings started coming into view.

Is. Is that a sun hat?

Jaw tightened, fist clenching the paper bag in his hand, he marched up to the boulder and with a fierce, hard kick, damaged its base a tad bit. It left an impact, and its health went down, yes, but Basuke wasn't going to register that just yet.

ID: 130832 | BD: 8

The Boulder | HP: 13/50 (-1) | EVA: -2

Edited by Basuke

"Oi, Miyagi," the boy hollered, from outside the hut. When there wasn't a response as he approached the house, he rapped on the door, brows furrowing with impatience and dissatisfaction.

The door squeaked open, almost as if it was left ajar to begin with, but Basuke felt it was intrusive if he went inside. Instead, he peeked his head in.

The hut was fully furnished with dark wooden panels, most surfaces shimmering with light, reflected through the house's windows. Colorful patterned boxes sit in the shadows, stacked on top of each other, filling any shelves. Dust particles floated around the interior, dancing and glowing under where the rays hit the floor.

Basuke wore his iconic scowl on his face as he noticed the old man in his mattress on the floor, at a side of the room. He was enjoying the warmth of the sun through his incredibly large windows, fanning himself with a paper fan in his hand.

ID: 130832 | BD: 2
Basuke missed!

The Boulder | HP: 13/50 | EVA: -2

Edited by Basuke

"Seriously?"

"Haaaaaaaaaaah?"

Basuke narrowed his eyes, twitching irritably at the man's moaning. "You're really lounging around in here? All day?"

"Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah..."

"... Mr Miyagi. Did you really put a hat on top of the rock?"

With a flick of the wrist, he brandished his fan, not turning around to see Basuke at the door. "... I have NO idea what you're talking about!"

"Tch," he irked, with a click of his tongue, stepping back outside. "Then why don't you come over here and see it for yourself then, you butt?!"

"Butt?!"

The boy rushed to step out the way of the door, as Miyagi quickly came flying through the door, soaring through the air, two feet outstretched to slam anything where Basuke had stood towards the rock. As the boy watched, mouth agape, the old man slammed his two feet into the side of the boulder, leaving a severe crack where there wasn't any earlier, but leaving its health bar untouched.

ID: 130843 | BD: 4

The Boulder | HP: 12/50 (-1) | EVA: -2

Edited by Basuke

This must be a fever dream, right?! I'm [f] dreaming?!

As his momentum disappeared, Miyagi kicked himself off the rock, landing on the ground nonchalantly. The hype beast could only look on in shock and worry as his fight or flight instincts kicked in, most of it telling him to get away from this man.

Except Miyagi didn't seem to be angered further on about the situation. Instead, he pulled out his fan, and flicked it open, covering his mouth, before he laughed with a cheeky "Ohohohooh~".

It only made Basuke squirm in anguish and disgust.

"Oi! Miyagi," he challenged. "I'm not playing around here, you old fart." He pointed directly at the sunhat that had somehow managed to stay on the roof of the rock. "You put that there, didn't you?!"

Miyagi turned, looking upwards, before giving him an empty stare. "I don't see anything."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T SEE ANYTHING?!" The boy spat, storming over to the rock, giving it a hard kick at its base.

ID: 130844 | BD: 7

The Boulder | HP: 11/50 (-1) | EVA: -2

Edited by Basuke