Trinoko smiled as he heard her mention that she was a spear user as well, finding it rather interesting. Spear and shield was a classic strategy to him, and he could certainly see the appeal! "Ooh, really? Earlier on I was considering making my spear a lance and shield with heavy armor... but then I remembered some RPG characters that inspired me." He offers a shrug and goes on "You know, using sprint to close the distance, acrobatics along with using the spear like a vaulting pole to go over a monster... Lots of flourishing the weapon." He smiled happily as he imagined it all to himself. He shared the sentiment of wanting to show off his weapon, so he simply brought up the spear description and sent it over to her HUD. It outlined that his current spear had a bleeding effect when he critically hit.

As he heard Chains and Nikki talk about the game the way they did, it made him smile and he said "The way I look at the game is as just that... a game. Oh sure, there is a chance I might die. But that never stopped me from walking out of my house before." He chuckled to himself, not taking things quite as seriously as most do, and even he knew he should. "I try not to focus on those who passed. I focus more on beating the game as we have been challenged." He offers a weak shrug and adds "Too bad the game is going to be destroyed most likely the moment we get out. I'd like to brag about helping beat this place, even if from the background."

When it came to the guild talk he couldn't really comment. His guild was young and hadn't had any activity since it's creation. He waited patiently for the leader to show up once again. It was not as if people were jumping to get him in their guilds after all.

"...There is a lot here to see, and a lot of beauty to be discovered."

The way she talks, It's like she's speaking of a world someone else is supposed to experience, not her.

"In my humble opinion it's completely necessary to stop and smell the roses every once in a while to stay grounded." To keep the conversation on a lighter note he added, "Just make sure they're not the roses on floor six. Those have teeth. Big ones."

After that the conversation went back to relevant things: I stab people with one arm instead of two, how is x guild dealing with y, what are the lower floors like recently.

Wait, was that that last one was aimed at me?

"For a lot of people, life has just gone on as normal." It was amazing really, how fast people adapt, "Most have taken on jobs, some have even started families."

Not everyone makes it to the front lines. They know heroes have a very short life expectancy.

Nikki sat back into her seat as she listened to her fellows talk. She was using this as a crucial opportunity to get caught up. Of course Miaki's Idea to fill her in later was certainly welcome. "Id Like that Miaki.. I have questions, and Maybe you can answer a few for me." She took another sip of her drink, only this one was deeper, enough so to finish her cup. With a satisfied sigh she placed it back onto the table and rested her hands on her lap, making sure her dress did not ride up to high. A moment or so earlier a notification had popped up from Trinoko with the stats of his spear. She took this opportunity now to open up her HUD and read over them.

After a moment or two she gave a little whistle and smiled. "A bleeding effect eh? that's pretty slick. My spear is... Pretty basic, But my armor and shield are perfect" Naturally her style had always been defensive, she built herself around absorbing impacts, and protecting her team. Just like when she fought the wasp queen with Nine, she had intercepted nearly all of its attacks protecting him from damage, and in turn her armor rating and blocking skill had left her nearly unharmed. Now of course she had new plans for her skills, and needed some new gear to get started.