Here Piggy Piggy {F01 - SP - "The Second Lesson, is Also Free"}

“Ack I was wrong not nice piggy not nice piggy!” Ronnel recentered himself, glaring at the pig as it squealed again, pawing at the earth beneath it. He did not look forward to another prolonged bout where the blasted boar pup kept bouncing off of his chest, even if it did show him that he enjoyed being able to laugh when an enemy hit him. He lowered himself down into a crouch, shifting his grip on his spear as he narrowed his eyes.

“Right you little cutlet of meat. You and I are going to keep this short and sweet, right?” Ronnel suddenly lashed out, his spear digging into the flesh of the boar as he skewered it on one flank. It let out a pained sound as it recovered, then slammed its head into his front leg. Ronnel winced as the edge of one tusk dug into his flesh, but he shook it off as he pulled back. “Why couldn’t you make this easy, come on I want to go home.”

Ronnel: HP 139/140 EN 13/14 (+1 Recovery, -1 Basic Attack)

Dam: 4 (1+3 2HAS Novice)

Link ID: 133422

BD Result: 8

Boar Pup 1/5

Dam: 1 (3 DAM vs 8MIT)

Link ID: 133429

BD Result: 10 (Boar Pups do not Crit)

Edited by Ronnel

Ronnel grit his teeth as he glared at the boar pup. They'd both landed a blow on each other at this point, but Ronnel hated the fact that the boar had lasted long enough to even manage that one hit. He shifted his grip on his spear as the two of them circled each other in the brush-filled forest. Ronnel was beginning to get sick and tired of seeing boars in these woods right now - and he wasn't even fighting the actually dangerous ones! "Alright you - come here!" 

The spear-wielder crouched low for a moment, tensing his legs up as he glared at the piglet. The beast snorted and stamped one foot, as if daring the man into action. He growled in frustration and took the bait, charging forward as he attacked. His spear flashed out, another thrust aimed for vitals, trying to end this fight. The boar met his charge with one of its own, running underneath his outstretched spear. Ronnel had time to curse the boar's luck when it headbutted him in the chest and bounced off, and the man staggered backwards, rubbing his torso as he glared.

Ronnel HP 138/140 EN 13/14

Link ID: 133431

BD Result: 1 MISS

Boar Pup 1/5

Link ID: 133432 

BD Result: 8 HIT

DAM 1

Edited by Ronnel

Ronnel let out a long, slow hiss as he glared at the boar pup, and it merely let out a snort and pawed the earth beneath it. "No. No we are not doing this I am not going to have another one of you piglets hitting me like you're a bleedin' pinball." The dark-haired man tightened his hand on his spear until the wood creaked in his grasp. The pup tossed its head almost dismissively before lowering down, preparing to charge at the man. Ronnel shifted and braced himself, narrowing his eyes as the beast took one, then two steps backwards.

"Hah!" Ronnel sprang forward, crossing the gap between them before the monster could react. He swept under and came up, driving his spear into the boar's throat with a sharp thrust. The boar let out an odd gurgling sound as the man wrenched his spear to the side, and it collapsed, its body falling apart into a shower of red data. The dark-haired spear user staggered at the sudden loss of resistance, and then let out a gasp as he sagged in place. His head snapped to the side as he heard a soft chime. 

Ronnel 138/140 EN 13/14

Dam: 6 (4+2 Crit)

Link ID: 133433

BD Result: 10 CRIT

Boar Pup 3 DEAD

Loot Check
Link ID: 133434

LD Result: 19 SUCCESS

2/3 Tusks

Edited by Ronnel

Ronnel felt his body sag in relief as he stared at that 'two' symbol on the stack on his inventory screen. A weak chuckle escaped his lips as he ran some numbers in his head. "Really.... I've got a fifty fifty shot of finding these tusks when I kill a boar." The spear-user just hoped that that meant that there was even odds that he'd be able to finish this quest the next time that he found one of the pups. But - first, though... "I'm out and about. Why not try my luck?" Ronnel rubbed his chest as he stored his spear away in his inventory. That done he began exploring around - he'd heard of people finding chests in stranger locations than out in the middle of the woods, so why not?

Over small hills and through the trees he searched. He pushed tree branches out of the way, grunting as one snapped back and hit him on the shoulder. Rubbing the slightly sore spot Ronnel kept looking, until he realized he'd covered a fair portion of the forest in his search. More than he had while he was just hunting boar pups. He gave a grunt and leaned against a tree as he pulled some debris out of his hair. "Well. Guess that's why not, for now. No dice, huh." He shrugged. 

Chest search

Link ID: 133443

LD Result: 2 FAIL

Edited by Ronnel

Ronnel let out a long breath as he pushed his hair from his face. Right - one foot in front of the other.  That was what he needed to do. He hadn't found a chest, sure, but then again he was just barely getting started - he knew that most people had some insane bonuses to their skills when they were hunting, and he had.. none. He let out a self-deprecating chuckle as he shook his head. "That's what I get for putting this off for so long. Fear's the mind-killer I suppose after all." He tightened his hand into a slow fist - he was doing now, and he wasn't going to stop any time soon. Right - he needed to do and not let himself stagnate.

"Hold up - I know I've seen that." Ronnel paused as he spotted something just off to one side. It was tickling at his mind as he stared at it, trying to figure out where he knew it from. Suddenly he snapped his fingers as he realized - he'd seen it hanging in the alchemist's shop. He moved through the trees and brush and plucked it from the ground, twirling it in his fingers as he studied it. Yes - this was one of the materials that he'd seen earlier. Excellent, this was definitely something he could use himself later on.

Mat Check

Link ID: 133444

LD Result: 19 T1 Mat Gained!

Edited by Ronnel

{{{This would be the post where I realized that I don't have to do a second roll for the mobs to attack me back oh my lanta I feel dumb}}

Ronnel paused, plant in mid-twirl, as he heard a snuffling, snorting sound from right beside him. The man blinked once, then twice, and slowly turned his head to the direction he'd heard the sound. He felt his eyebrow twitch when he saw that sure enough, there was a boar pup rooting through the brush just beside him, apparently unconcerned with the player's presence. With exaggerated calm, Ronnel slowly placed the material into his inventory and then, with great calm. slid his spear out, letting it materialize as he equipped it. 

The boar paused, and let out a loud 'whuff' as it realized that something was amiss. The digital monster looked up at him slowly, ponderously, and for a long moment, man and monster stared at each other. "Hi there." Ronnel deadpanned. The boar snorted once and started to look away - then its head whipped back around as its Hate snapped onto Ronnel. The man didn't hesitate. He stabbed quickly, and was rewarded by his spear piercing deep through boar hide. The squeal of anger became one of pain before the pup shattered apart into a shower of red data. Ronnel closed his eyes - but heard nothing as he hoped to. No tusk. 

Ronnel: HP 138/140 EN: 13/14 

Link ID: 133445

BD Result: 9 CRIT +1

Dam: 5 (4+1 Crit DAM)

Boar 4 0/5 DEAD

Loot Roll

Link ID: 133446

LD Result: 7 FAIL

Edited by Ronnel

Ronnel heaved a few deep breaths as he recovered from the sudden appearance and his attack. He let out a soft laugh and shook his head. "I feel like I'm singlehandedly devastating the boar population in this area." He rubbed one hand against his face - and froze when he saw another boar pup walking towards him. This one seemed to be fully aware of him though, as it let out an angry huff and squealed in rage at the man. 

" You guys are just coming outta the woodwork, aint'cha? Come on the cutlet!" Ronnel spun his spear in a circle, ending with the top of the blade resting against the soil between man and beast. There was a heartbeat of silence, and then with a high pitched cry, the boar pup charged at him. Ronnel waited, and waited - letting the monster get closer and closer. Finally he felt it was close enough - the boar was just starting a leap into the air aimed at him. 

Ronnel moved his arms, letting his hands snap into the motions of the <Heft> Sword Art. The blade blazed with energy as he swept it upwards, bisecting the jumping pup through the chest as Ronnel turned with the slash, twisting to give it more force. The boar burst into a flurry of red data that rolled over him as he let out a breath he didn't realize he'd been holding. A soft chime rang out, and his head snapped to his inventory, quickly scrolling - and be laughed again. Three of three. 

Ronnel HP : 138/140 EN 12/14 (+1 Recovery -2 <Heft>

Link ID: 133451

BD: 10 Crit +2

Dam: 12 ((4Base+2 Crit) x 2 <Heft>) 

Boar Pup DEAD 0/5

Loot Check Roll

Link ID: 133452

LD:  14 Success! 3/3 Boar Pup Tusks!

Edited by Ronnel

Ronnel trudged into town on slow, tired feet. Doing this hunt had been an exercise on his patience. "I have definitely got to get my hands on gear that will actually help me hit my targets more often." He sighed and ran one hand through his hair, shoving his hair out of his eyes. He had been trying to be a bit spend-thrift, hoarding money as he could because he didn't know how long his savings would last him. 

But - doing quests and actually getting out and exploring was netting him a somewhat decent return. Enough of one that he could justify spending out to try getting himself better equipment. The dark-haired man was pulled from his thoughts when he realized that he was standing outside of Lyle's smithy. He coughed and shook his head, then pushed open the door. Once more the clanging bell rang out, cutting through any sounds in the shop.

Once he was inside the store, Ronnel spotted Lyle as he looked up and beamed at the spear user proudly. "No need to tell me lad, I can tell it from your face. You've what I asked for." Ronnel blinked once then nodded. He pulled the boar pup tusks from his inventory and laid them out on the counter.

"Excellent, good quality all. Right lad, here you are - your reward for hunting these down for me, I do appreciate it." The old man studied the tusks for a few moments longer before they vanished, undoubtedly swept into the stores material inventory. That done, he clapped his hands together sharply and gave Ronnel a wide smile. 

" Right - could you help an old man out one last time? I know a young artisan who I've a package for - could you take it to her?" Ronnel bit his tongue, but nodded. His quest tracker updated and cleared as he took the unmarked package and he breathed a sigh of relief - he could prepare himself some before diving right into the next part of this chain. 

A selection tab popped up in front of him, and Ronnel paused. Weapon or armor? He hesitated for a moment, before stabbing the option for 'armor' with one finger. 

Summary

Rewards:

1. Questers will be rewarded one of the following items by Lyle
    - 1 Tier one weapon with one(1) slots damage or,
    -1 Tier One armor with one(1) slot mitigation

2. A potion of 'Safeguard' that can only be used in the quest 'The Third lesson, Is Just as Free'. Safeguard blocks the damage from the first successful attacks that hits the player.

3. 2 Additional Skill Points

Selecting Tier One uncommon armor with one(1) slot mitigation in the form of bracers or greaves, please. 

One page: 1 SP, 400 COL 

Three(3) SP 

400 Col

Special case safeguard Potion 

Bracers/greaves of heavy armor with one slot mitigation 

Edited by Ronnel