[OP-F3] Forest of Wavering Mist.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Angel raised his smoothie. "I can get behind that plan. You guys can trust me." He said with a slight grin before setting down the drink. He wasn't really sure what exactly to do but he'd get these players in and out of that forest no matter what. "I've got a demonic horse waiting outside if we need some more backup." He points out nonchalantly while taking a drink.

I look over outside to where Angel was pointing and I slightly freak out. Outside was a really cool, but very scary looking horse out."Ohh, well that's a thing. So you all ready to go then. I'm up for leaving soon." I say, standing up and stretching my arms above my head."Oh by the way, there might be traps, be careful." I say with a smile as I leave the Inn.

(OOC Not sure if Rangar is still in the rp. If he is Great!. I f not then just go on as if we never met him. OOC).

Angel tried to hide his smile as they exited the Inn. He always loved seeing people's reactions to seeing Lucifer for the first time. It was sometimes the funniest thing in the world. Other times, not so much. He took the smoothie with him because he hadn't finished it and went up to his Familiar. "Hey, we're going to the Forest of Wavering Mist and I think it'd be a good experience for you. Plus you make a pretty good signal torch." At this comment, Lucifer's blue flames seemed to grow brighter. "Indeed. I shall accompany you on this quest Master." He told Angel as he followed the group.

I smile a bit at Angel's comment then turn to look at Ethereal when he said something about the potion."Oh my, almost forgot about that. Thank you so much! I'll just transfer you the col right now." I say and smile, sending Ethereal the col through my trade interface. I grab the potion from Ethereal then put it in my inventory."Okay, Can your guys's familiars do anything special? I'm getting one when Floor 8 opens so I know absolutely nothing about them." I ask the two others in my party as we pass through the main square.

Angel grinned at the question. "Lucifer here can summon a massive burst of flames. It's an Area Attack called "Hellfire Burst." He pat the demon horse's back. "I think the more we level up, the more abilities we can unlock. Now as for owning your own familiar, I suggest something you can handle. An untamable Familiar is a dangerous Familiar. You should also take special abilities into manner as well as physical power. Not to mention a personality you can agree with."

"Those effects are pretty cool, especially Hell fire Burst. so have either of you guys been in this forest? I haven't ever actually." I ask as we approach the entrance. Before I could get a response we arrive at the entrance to the forest, a thick mist clouds the forest, the humidity is very high, making my hair get really humidified."This is it, ugh this humidity is god awful."I sigh, taking a step into the forest.

Angel follows close behind, with Lucifer bringing up the rear. The Nightmare seemed to be uncomfortable with all the water vapor that made up the mist. "This is intolerable. My flames won't be as powerful due to this damned mist." The horse complained as he snorted a puff of blue fire. While he did so, a puff of steam also emerged. Angel frowned. The weather was much different then he was used to. He was more used to hot, arid environments. Humidity wasn't his friend. "Godawful is right." He muttered from the back of the group.

We continue on our travels through the forest, bearing the humidity and weather."So guys - Ethereal get down!" I yell, tackling him to the ground. A mill-second later an arrow flies from the forest and crosses paths with where Ethereal was just a moment ago."That was close... this is awkward." i say an dlaugh, noticing I'm right on top of Ethereal. I jump up and hold my hand for him.

Angel's shield instantly snaps into his hand. He brings the shield to chest level and moves to the front of the group out of pure instinct. His eyes scanned the distance for anymore projectiles. His breathing had slowed down and his focus was unwavering. "Stay down." He told his teammates. Luicfer seemed to have disappeared into the misty cover in search for the arrows source.

Angel moved forward, his shield still high. He signaled for the others to follow him as he moved in the direction where the arrow came from. After a few more yards, he found it. It was a box with a single hole in the front. It was attached to a tree and seemed to be set on a pivot system. As Angel inspected it further, he saw that there was a wire of some sort going into the ground below the box. It split into several other, smaller wires before going off in different directions underground. Angel frowned and returned to where they had been attacked. He searched the ground closely before he found it; a pressure plate slightly submerged under the low water and mud. It was made of stone and he found the wire from the tree. "We must be getting close." He mumbled to himself as he pulled out the wire, thoroughly disconnecting the trap. "If there are traps, then there's something worth protecting." He told the other as he went back to the trap.

[OOC sorry didn't realize it was my turn.]

Ether nods in assent, activating <> to see if he can find any trails from the box's maker. He sees some vague markings in the soft bog the mist lay over.

1-6 Fail

7-10 Success

[10]

With his skill Ethereal easily sees a large trail for what would be to any other observer small depressions. He quickly points off in the northern direction from the box. "It's that way. Be careful, these seem relatively fresh." he warns and starts in that direction.

I chase after Ethereal and Angel. All of the sudden a sense of something following us hits me. I spin around on the dirt and see a giant wasp."Guys! We have company!" I yell., drawing my daggers and getting a fighting crouch, ready to attack.

Wasp Queen.

Health: 20/20