[F09][SP] Solo Farming Part 3

Back to farming, but this time she might have gotten a little over her head. She was on a high floor and fighting a 500 health fox. That was nothing to scoff at health wise but the damage it could put out was quite extreme. She was with some friends and they got to talking about their pasts. She didn’t mean to make him recall his tragic past but that was a common theme with powerful people around here. “That sucks that people go after you like that. I hope nobody tries to take whats yours. Where does your brother live? Does he have to deal with these kinds of people coming after him?” She kicked over another pebble before attacking the fox with her sword arts and rested for a few moments before continuing. She knew that she had to keep working and not give up no matter what so that she didn’t look like a slacker.

Spawning fox with 500 health, 150 damage 

Me: Deal 9*13 damage

Fox: Misses

Fox: 383/500 hp

Me: 500/500 hp, 39 EN

ID# 143824 results:

Battle: 8

Craft: 2

Loot: 6

MOB: 4

Gear and stats in spoiler

Spoiler

Damage: 9 (1 base, 5 from skills, 3 from weapon)

Evasion: 3 (my armor)

Accuracy: 3 (trinket)

Mitigation : 5 (light armor skill)

Current Level: 25, 500 health, 50 energy

Battle ready items: 

3 Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)

5 Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP)
1 Teleport crystal

Name: Magnified Quicksilver Spectacles
Profession: Artisan
Roll ID: 138142
Roll Result: 11+1
Item Type: Trinket
Tier: 1
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: Loot Dice 3
Post Link: Here
Description:
A bright silver pair of visually enhanced frames, designed to improve ones sight as to not miss more finite details that surround them. Extremely low profile and uncompromising they form fit to the wearers face without hindrance.

Name: Toxic Venom Salve
Your Profession: Alchemist
Your Rank: None yet
Roll ID: 140766
Roll Result: 12 (perfect)
Item Type: Salve
Enhancements: Toxic Venom: Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 deal (8 * Tier) unmitigatable poison damage on each enemy turn for 3 turns. Effect lasts for one thread. Poison damage does not stack, but can be refreshed.
Description: A flash with green liquid inside. It has a large corked opening so that it can be quickly poured out onto a weapon. 
Post Link: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/19203-f1e3sp/?tab=comments#comment-602287
from here: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/19208-hinatao-evals/?tab=comments#comment-602388

My Equipment:

Name: Pokey Dagger
Your Profession: Blacksmith
Your Rank: 10
ID:
Roll: 12
Item Type: Dagger
Tier:1
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: Damage 3
Description: A basic dagger made from pristine materials, ready for usage against the lower floor's challenges.
Post Link: 
http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/1065-shop-f1the-blazing-typhoon-rank-10-grand-master-blacksmith/?do=findComment&comment=601252

Name: Obsidian Feline - Grace
Profession: Artisan
Roll ID: 137732
Item Type: Trinket
Enhancements: Accuracy 3
Description:
A strange black and almost glassy gloss material taking the shape of a cat with orange gemstone eyes, in its paws a ball of yarn. Adorable and distracting from possibly life threatening situations, being a source of focus to sharpen ones senses and remain calm when the world is overwhelming..
Name: Ebonweave Garb
Profession: Tailor
Roll ID: 138134
Item Type: Light Armor
Enhancements: Evasion 3
Description:
A black almost velvet appearing garb that adorns the chest and legs without restricting movement, when in direct sunlight a grayed staircase pattern becomes visible. Breathes well and doesn't trap heat, simple and functional
Edited by Hinatao

Hinata was so entranced by the man’s backstory that she got lost and didn’t even find any opening to attack the fox for a while. She still found it and attacked.. She just kept thinking about what he’d told her and wondered if she would have what it took to defend her in game friends like that. But then he asked about her. There really wasn’t much to tell. “I’m not very young or hold. Not much to tell about my past because it was pretty standard up until I entered the game. No hardships, trauma, or anything like that. That’s probably why I’m still so weak,” she said half heartedly. “I’m thinking it’d be easy to just settle down soon and not have to worry about game stuff anymore.” She was half certain that someone would finish this game eventually. That was if they didn’t die or something. She was very hopeful that there would be others that made it high enough to beat the game.

Fox: crits for 152

Fox: 266/500 hp

Me: 348/500 hp, 29 EN

ID# 143825 results:

Craft: 7

Loot: 11

MOB: 10

Edited by Hinatao

She continued battle with the fox. She saw that her friend had put conversation to the side and he had started attacking with some strange looking armor. She hadn’t seen what he was capable of in the past so it came as a surprise to her when he whipped out a powerful attack looking thing. It was the first instance of a heavy weapon that she had seen outside of a tutorial setting so it was really quite engaging to watch him use the weapon to eliminate the big creature in like seriously no time at all. It made Hinata shudder and think about whether she made a wrong choice in not going after large weapons herself. But she tried not to think about that too much. “That was awesome! What do you call that?” she said, not knowing if she really wanted the answer. She aws already so committed to her current build path.

all miss

27 EN

ID# 143826 results:

Battle: 2

Craft: 5

Loot: 8

MOB: 3

Edited by Hinatao

She attacked her own fox again and then listened to her friend’s response. “Hmm, that’s an interesting way to look at things,” she said to kuro, not knowing what else to say to him. She felt like she pushed and prodded a little too much already. GBut atl east not she had something to think about. She could take this knowledge she’d gained from him and grow into a better person. But suddenly someone came to take her friend away on something that was probably important. That was all fine by her. She didn’t exactly know what their deal was and it wasn’t any of her business. She could have very easily gone and done something else in the meantime. She waved him off and then went back to business. She was sure another friend would be over any time now. She was just happy to have some company because getting all this col was boring.

Fox: crits for 151

Fox: 149/500 hp

Me: 197/500 hp, 17 EN

ID# 143828 results:

Battle: 5+3

Craft: 9

Loot: 18

MOB: 9

Edited by Hinatao

Hinatao was whistling, pleased with how things were coming on. She had been whistling a lot in the days she had been sitting around without her friend, not least because she had very little else that she could do. With her exhaustion settled in her mobility was limited. But less so each hour and, just two minutes ago ago, she had walked around to slice at the fox in her free time to look for some goods. Over twenty minutes of being alone and it had been terrifyingly boring. Her movements were getting more and more confident with the flick of the wrist, stretching the long kicks and playing the short ones without hurting herself as she did so. Hinata was whistling scales, practicing the movement of her lips, feeling the pressure needed for each note, less for the finest, highest pitched and more for the thicker, lowest one. It was no wonder she missed

Me: Deal 10*13 damage

Fox: misses

Fox: 19/500 hp

Me: 197/500 hp, 07 EN

ID# 143829 results:

Battle: 9

Craft: 3

Loot: 5

MOB: 7

Edited by Hinatao

She finally killed the fox with one final blow. She then looted it and sighed. Back to whistling. The practice of scales meant that she was building up her repertoire of movement in her lips and that was vital to the kind of music she wanted to play. Hinata knew the sound she wanted to create although, as yet, she could not do so. But it would take time that was all.

Time and patience and she had a lot of the first and was developing the second through necessity. Sitting, her left knee in a brace and her right leg in a pile of sand, Hinata looked down and her playing stopped for a moment. Feeling a little bored she sat down on a bench and lifted up her lower clothes and looked at her legs. Really looked at them. Pale, weak and scarred was what she saw, but then she remembered in a sudden flash of clarity the wave of nausea which had burst in the pit of her stomach as she had suffered injuries before.

Spoiler

Me: Deal 9*7 damage

Fox: dies

Fox: 0/500 hp

Me: 197/500 hp, 00 EN

ID# 143830 results:

Craft: 1

Loot: 20

Loot roll

Base col: 1500

LD even: 1000 col

CD odd: 2 t2 mats

Loot table: 500 col, 1 rare trinket  ID# 143831

Total Loot so far: 

3000 col

2 t2 mats

1 rare trinket  ID# 143831

ID# 143831 results:

Battle: 6

Craft: 9

Loot: 8

Edited by Hinatao

How, drenched in sweat and pain and fear, she had thought that there, right in that moment, she understood pain in the second before she was pinched by a crab when she wasn’t paying attention. It hadn't stopped there, of course, and she looked down at her crab claw mark and she remembered the feeling of being pulled forcibly through the earth in her training. She recalled dirt and rocks invading her nose, her mouth and how, when she knew that she was about to die and uncaring of the legs or the hundred thousand cuts and rips on her skin, all she could feel was the desperate need to breathe, she had gulped in air in a single, beautiful, breath. But that was a long time ago.

Her legs, so pale and odd looking she thought though they weren’t really, they had survived all that and what had come after.

Spoiler

ID# 143832 results:

Battle: 6

Craft: 12

Loot: 10

MOB: 4

Edited by Hinatao

And yet now? Hinata looked down at them as memory after memory fell in on her and a grin lifted her lips. As though someone was answering her, there was a call from across the area. Hinata called out, "Hey!" and a friend walked over. Hinata grinned at her and gestured to where the woman had a deck of cards in her hand. Just the night before, she had lost a friend and she still looked rather shaken still. Hinata more or less took it in stride, now, although the day before she had felt fear grip her. It was the lack of movement, the feeling of helplessness as she'd watched too many people battle and lose which had attacked both her heart and soul. Combatants that died in battle had been, of course, magnificent and Hinata could not be more proud of them. Her friend had fought valiantly and her skill was obvious,

Edited by Hinatao

But Hinatao thought that the woman was shocked at her reaction to battle injuries. There was only so much trauma one could take before things went south mentally. They were both was shaken, it was true. But not because people they knew had got injured, but because people had died. Hinata was completely convinced that her friend was harboring feelings for one of the deceased. If Hinata had known that she would have approved most wholeheartedly, but she had misunderstood her insistence on getting extra training. Hinata asked, looking at the woman with concern. She gave a nod of her head, and smiled. "I am okay. It was just.. it was difficult seeing him go. I don't think I'm doing very well at getting over him, Hinatao." she admitted and Hinata had to acknowledge that she felt sorry for the woman. "Yeah," she said, aware that there was no 'getting over' certain people in life and that was that.

Her friend really wasn't sure but she liked Hinata's complete lack of super attachments to other people, it helped somehow. "A game?" Hinata grinned and nodded. Her friend nodded her understanding of that - it was repetitive in the extreme. But yet, Hinata had to admit, she liked it. She enjoyed playing, in a way which she could not easily describe. With a good game to pass the time thye could put their worries behind them.

As Hinata shuffled the deck, she grinned slightly at her friend who watched her with an expression of surprise. "You've been practicing," Hinata nodded. "I practice the fiddle when everyone else busy, and can't hear me." She'd been learning how to shuffle most effectively and she was getting faster at it, too. So, she dealt out the cards and looked at her friend with a serious expression. "How is everyone over there?" Hinata asked and she shrugged slightly.

"They're taking it in their stride. As I usually would." Hinata nodded. "Yeah, well you're worried about over here. But I’m doing okay too.” She sighed and shook her head, putting down the base card she had chosen as Hinata did the same. Hinata resisted the urge to roll her eyes. "this hand blows." At first, they played in a careful and controlled manner. she, especially, was sure to be gentle, but Hinata was much more aware of her own limitations and she was quick to point out that she was not made of china like a cup, and very quickly, the two of them started to get into a rhythm of playing. And so the afternoon passed and they went their own separate ways, both with some measure of emotional reassurance. The farming could continue another day as far as she was concerned. She let out a groan and scratched her head as she walked off.

Today was a warmer temperature, a drier atmosphere. These were the climatic conditions that suited her and her mood today. It had been several months since she left to go do this mission. Indeed, she remained one of the only ones she knew of who could use this specific grind spot. It was too far away to be worth walking to so only her and friends she knew typically came here. She had essentially made some friends just so that she wouldn’t be so alone here. One was named Rundi, tentatively, and Hinata’s goal today was two fold. She would be out here gathering and training at the same time. She sought to teach Rundi the basics and then afterwards she could have the two of them celebrate with the money that they would be earning. Technically, this was all just a way for her to pass on what she thought was necessary for the young Rundi to succeed.

Edited by Hinatao

She just needed her to get strong enough to be useful to her, which wasn’t going to be that difficult. All one really needed to do was get strong enough to take out some low level enemies and then their path to greatness was all but assured. She was going to have Rundi teach the second friend of hers, Hatsukoi, but that wasn’t going to be for a while. She thought that if she taught one correctly then they could tutor the other. So they set off, looking for stuff to gather as they went and largely just keeping to themselves. All the animals in the area had disappeared without a trace. A mysterious story. These are the main reasons why the enemies had decided to go on a journey in order to find her way to glory or whatever made sense given her circumstances at the time and then when the time was right!

1 t2 mat

ID# 143871 results:

Battle: 1

Craft: 12

MOB: 1

Edited by Hinatao

To be purely honest, the newly created friend had no concrete recollection of her lineage which frustrated her all the more and plunged her thoughts into a dark tangle. As soon as they reached the area that had brought them out of the safe areas her first ambition was to get back to work as quickly as possible in order to get back on track and put her loyal service to the benefit of the one who made her a friend. It was therefore with a resolute step that she wandered the pastures towards the first bunch of material that she needed. Before Rundi could do anything stupid, Hinata came up and touched her on the neck. She got a good look at the side and would use it to keep an eye on where she was at all times. “I have some things to teach you,” she said as she opened up a book that detailed how things worked around here as they gathered more materials.

1 t2 mat

2 t2 mats gathered total

ID# 143872 results:

Battle: 7

Craft: 8

Edited by Hinatao

As she scooped up the material that she desired and came here for she proceeded to instruct Rundi on the most basic technique out there. She started with the marker that she had just used and told her about the flow of energy that was necessary and had Rundi practice a few times to get it down. After that she taught her how to use the basic swordf arts. It was really just that simple as showing the menu and having Rundi learn the flow. Hinata was the one to go around and gather material while Rundi practiced these three sword arts for a few hours to really get them down pat. Soon the pair came across a pond. It was a decent sized pond in the middle of the pasture and that was where they practiced navigating on water. This was one of the easiest things to do once they got the hang of it. nothing special.

no mats
2 t2 mats gathered total

ID# 143873 results:

Battle: 3

Craft: 2

Loot: 3

MOB: 7

Edited by Hinatao

in Hinata’s opinion so it was a simple as having Rundi walk out and keep falling into the water until she got it right while she just gathered. This alone took another few hours by which time Hinata had gathered more than enough material to satisfy the arbitrary requirements she had set out for herself. But she still collected more. She wasn’t going to get paid any more but she could at least gather some for her own use. The only thing left on her list of what to teach her was what to do against special enemies. This was also fairly simple since they were both of the same make. She put Rundi under a bunch of hypotheticals and had her practice being sponataneous which was more than enough to learn the basics of how it all worked. It wasn’t like there was any nuance to doing this, it just happened by disrupting one’s own flow.

no mats
2 t2 mats gathered total

ID# 143874 results:

Battle: 4

Craft: 3

Loot: 5

Edited by Hinatao

And after she could do that well Hinata decided that this whole exercise had been a fairly successful one in the grand scheme of things. Now they could get back down to looking for material and call this a day complete. Except they still had about half a day left to burn so it wasn’t like they could just… go home. Wait, not go home, but maybe camp out here for a while. Hinata didn’t want to spend all her time with her new companion. She wanted to let her learn how to be an individual. A loyal individual, but still an individual. They wandered into a town as they went along. Nothing had changed since her departure. The inhabitants seemed happy and smiling. The joy of living could be read on their faces. They wandered the streets wandering about in their occupations, doing their shopping, telling her about the gossip of the day and the day before, the day before yesterday

Edited by Hinatao

The daily train of so-called normal people. Certain individuals looked at her with a reserved eye, on their defenses. At the same time, so many years had passed, so many months spent outside the town walls. This new look, this new style. So much detail that made her on the verge of oblivion. Today, it was her duty to deserve this recognition and to prove her values for the good of the players of the game. All the shops, the buildings reminded her of her childhood. From her time at the academy where he was taught all about the basic techniques for the survival of the people here, from his time as a Tier 1 player where she learned to master her first sword arts and where, her preferred play style was revealed to her. So many good memories. Today when summing up, the enemies was proud of her. He was today an important pillar of her heart. 

Edited by Hinatao

The streets were behind the women as they walked. They were now entering the building where an office was located. The corridors were wide and long, guarded by hordes of high-ranking people, all wearing cosmetic masks. Was there a festival going on here? She didn’t know. The place was secured by powers even she didn’t want to dare mess with. That was where they turned in their progress and the material which meant that now they had the rest of the day to themselves. Hinata sent Rundi home after all this hard work and then they got to enjoy some time apart for a little while. Hinata would set out tomorrow to gather the last of the material that she needed, but that was in a little more dangerous area than she wanted to bring Rundi to off the bat. So she would finish up this business on her own.

Edited by Hinatao

The next day she woke and walked around the town because there was no reason not to. Once she had seen this town once she’d seen it a thousand times. The streets seemed to her to be much less calm and happy. Just knowing that people were using force, extortion, murder, plunged him into dark anger! This kind of treatment should not exist. She looked at the inhabitants with a different look, imagining the kind of atrocity that the evil people of the world could make them suffer. She entered the business to chat with the owner to kill some time and learn a thing or two. “Hello how are you today?” “Welcome, what can I do for you?” “I come to ask a few questions as part of. I am wondering about some people working for you and gathering mats.  I would need more information to know what they are doing and to have names. I will be very grateful if you could give me some help.” Their conversation would lead into her next adventure. To be continued!

Total Loot: 

3400 col (loot + thread col)

2 SP (1 event 1 thread completion)

4 t2 mats (2 gathered, 2 looted)

1 rare trinket  ID# 143831

Edited by Hinatao