[F03][SP] Elvish Rivalries

She was getting pretty tired. Not like physically or anything but mentally. The other quests, missions, you name it she had gone on had never been this long. She was feeling a unique kind of stress that one could only experience on a longer task such as this.

“Good to see your health is decreasing,” she told the treant king before laughing at the joke. “Thanks for teaching me how useless my weapon is,” she told it, “maybe I should be paying you!”

One bad guy was left now, but there was no telling how many more would be sent to deal with them. Hopefully not too many remained. She was pretty sure this was the last enemy she was going to have to face nayways. Unless the quest threw any curveballs at her that she wasn’t expecting. It wouldn’t be the first time that she had been fooled bya quest description.

ID# 144397 results:

Battle: 4

Craft: 1

Loot: 6

MOB: 8

all do damage

Edited by Hinatao
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone else doing the question asked, “so what are you doing this quest for? Just because someone said to do it?” To which she responded while doing no damage to the treant, “Pretty much, I’m just doing this because that’s what I was told to do and I’m good at following orders,” she said with a shrug. She didn’t care about being special or unique really. To her the dream of being super unique seemed childish and unimportant. Someone would always be there to take power and steer the village in a position to make lives better for the people. It was like meeting a kid who wanted to travel to outer space someday. It was a nice notion, but ultimately it didn’t impress Hinata in the slightest. She wouldn’t voice these thoughts, but she would just take another look at the other person doing the quest and said, “can’t this be overwith any faster?!”  

ID# 144398 results:

Battle: 3

Craft: 2

Loot: 17

MOB: 9

I take 17-5 = 12 damage

Edited by Hinatao

She then pointed over to a rock sticking out of the water and said to the treant because she was so bored of just missing all the time. She missed and then shouted, “I’ll race you to that rock!” She hopped up so that she was standing on top of the grass and took off. “That’s a big relief,” she said with a heavy sigh. She didn’t want to have to fight today any more than she had to. “It must be nice to be able to see everywhere. I feel kind of paranoid that someone will get me with an attack that spawns behind me or something.” She scratched her hair. She heard her stomach growl a little and then said, “yeah let’s get a move on. I’m hungry, and I gotta walk all the way back.” She had a little more pep in her step now that food was on her mind. That was good motivation. But it didn’t do her much good because she was still needing to kill this king.

ID# 144399 results:

Battle: 6

Craft: 10

Loot: 13

I take 16-5 = 11 damage

Edited by Hinatao

“So how has your day been,” someone asked who was also slashing away at treants. “My day has been pretty hellish,” she admitted, “you think whey they tell you to come do a task that the task itself is the hard part, not the leading up to it. Now I’m all sweaty and I don’t think I’ll ever get all these leaves out of my hair,” she ruffled her own hair a little and slashed to make the king bleed to show just how many leaves were preventing her from maintaining her picture perfect appearance.” She learned that the man’s name was chaos, if that was how you spelled it. A unique name, she liked it. Though she hadn’t learned all too many names since she got here. “My name is Hinata and I’d love to work together in the future,” she said but then she shook her head and said, “but not on this quest. This is a solo one… I think, that or its’ too late to party up.”

ID# 144400 results:

Battle: 8

Craft: 4

Loot: 5

MOB: 6

Me: deal 12 bleed damage (1/2)

Treant King: 0 damage

Total damage taken: 0

Current Enemies: 

Treant Soldier 1: HP: 0/65, MIT: 30, Damage per hit: 15

Treant Soldier 2: HP: 0/65, MIT: 30, Damage per hit: 15

Treant Soldier 3: HP: 0/65, MIT: 30, Damage per hit: 15

Treant Soldier 4: HP: 0/65, MIT: 30, Damage per hit: 15

Treant Soldier 5: HP: 0/65, MIT: 30, Damage per hit: 15

Treant Soldier 6: HP: 0/65, MIT: 30, Damage per hit: 15

Name: Treant Commander, HP: 0/100, MIT: 55, Damage Per Hit: 20

Treant King, HP: 66/150, MIT: 75, Damage Per Hit: 25

5/54 EN , 277/540 hp

Edited by Hinatao

Hinata nodded as she attacked the treant king again. She asked, “what about you, why are you around here?” the lady said, “my friend the one who made me come. See, I’m an advanced version of a col farmer. I don’t know how to explain it but think of me as a long distance quest doer who has real purpose. It’s kind of complicated really. I’m hoping to be of use so she doesn’t find a reason to get rid of me. So I’m here trying to get some money to help support her as best as I can. There’s another worker like me just like me and I think so long as I do better than her then I don’t have to worry.” She was quite wordy but she hadn’t talked to anyone else about being someone who just farmed col. This kind of life couldn’t have been easy for that person to live. Hinata felt lucky.

ID# 144401 results:

Battle: 5

Craft: 11

Loot: 1

MOB: 4

Me: deal 12 bleed damage (2/2)

Current Enemies: 

Treant King, HP: 54/150, MIT: 75, Damage Per Hit: 25

5/54 EN , 277/540 hp

Edited by Hinatao

It was hard to admit and accept that you were someone who could be disposed of at quite literally any time without any consequence whatsoever. She had no rights, no reason to live really, but she clung to life as best she could. “That sucks to hear,” she said as she slashed into the treant king again, making him bleed. All the while she talked she got her equipment and started going into a frenzy, attacking harder and harder. She knew that it was almost dead. She wasn’t very strong so doing the work was easier said than done. The only utility she brought to the table was her sword arts. Imagine that, a loser like her doing all this damage. But yes, she had the sword arts that could do the work while she helped while she could. She had to make a good impression if she was going to be here very often.

ID# 144402 results:

Battle: 10

Craft: 5

Loot: 7

Current Enemies: 

Treant King, HP: 42/150, MIT: 75, Damage Per Hit: 25

5/54 EN , 277/540 hp

Edited by Hinatao

She would ask the friendly person who was also doing the quest, “so what quest should I do next.” She was like an adult kid who was hungry for information. Though she was just an eager girl, she still lacked much of the girl’s knowledge such as her quest and skill pathing and her mannerisms. Before long she had a huge tub full of branches that she cut off of the treant king that she could have theoretically loaded into a cart and submitted for a competition of sorts. It was amazing how little damage she did to this thing without causing bleed to trigger. She didn’t want to dawdle on walking too much when there was so much work to be done. Since she was only as strong as a normal player she had to put in extra effort to justify completing this hard quest. She just needed like… one more bleed.

ID# 144403 results:

Battle: 6

Craft: 3

Loot: 4

MOB: 1

Current Enemies: 

Treant King, HP: 30/150, MIT: 75, Damage Per Hit: 25

5/54 EN , 277/540 hp

Edited by Hinatao

Dealing no damage was so normal in this quest that it wasn’t so hard. “Haha, they say that the technique to kill this thing takes way too much energy. So I guess I’m lucky I don’t poof when I get a pin prick,” she laughed. She saw the man near form his own attacks which was a good idea so that they could both get their work done at about the same time. She didn’t want to have to have him stick around any longer than he had to because it was always dangerous being out in the open, or at least that’s what she’d gathered by the way people acted. She watched as everyone got to work and saw some people scoff at the need for there to be others with help wandering around. It hurt people to know that their labor was worth pennies compared to people with the right training.

ID# 144404 results:

Battle: 7

Loot: 11

MOB: 10

Me: deal 0 damage 

Treant King: 27-5 = 22 damage

Total damage taken: 22

Current Enemies: 

Treant King, HP: 30/150, MIT: 75, Damage Per Hit: 25

5/54 EN , 255/540 hp

Edited by Hinatao

And all the while the others seemed to be willfully ignorant that any of this was going on, like it was just another day on the job. She slashed and did no damage again. It was nothing new. She turned her attention back to the man named chaos and listened intently to his backstory. She needed connections. Maybe if she could prove that she was in with a couple people that were important then someone would think twice about offing her for no reason. So she put her best ‘interested’ face on and paid attention. It turned out that he was a low level like herself which wasn’t too big of a deal. Everyone had to start somewhere. It sounded like he was picking weeds in his free time which wasn’t exactly the kind of thing you sent someone important to do. But then again she had spent tons of time gathering in the past too.

ID# 144405 results:

Craft: 10

Loot: 15

MOB: 5

all do no dmg

Edited by Hinatao

“Oh sweet jesus a bleed,” she said with exuberance. She smacked the treant king around like he wasn’t crap. Then she went on to talking, “I wish I never got stuck in SAO so I could live my own life. But I still have to make the game creator happy or I could die at any moment. So I have to find a balance between being loyal to my purpose and finding some kind of enjoyment in life. And I’m not surprised. You’re actually the first person I’ve told about any of this because you’re part of the same kind of background as me so I know I should be able to talk to you about it. I’ve spent most of my time on the lower levels like ths one doing odd jobs to try to build up my combat prowess and become more of an asset.” She hoped that would be enough.

ID# 144406 results:

Battle: 9

Craft: 7

Me: deal 12 bleed (1/2)

Treant King: 0 dmg

Current Enemies: 

Treant King, HP: 18/150, MIT: 75, Damage Per Hit: 25

5/54 EN , 255/540 hp

Edited by Hinatao

They continued to work on killing the treant again by letting the bleed set in for a while and silence set in. Now that the treant king was dead she had technically completed the quest. Yay! And she still had like half her health left, minus all the miscalculations she probably did along the way. They couldn’t chit chat all day so silence was good for getting work done. With every swing of her weapon she felt like she was becoming just a little more stronger. Towards the end he offered her a weapon that might be useful. She didn’t know the first thing about being a master of weaponry but… yes, she did need one at least to keep appearances up. She nodded and accepted it with a genuine smile, “thank you for offering me another weapon but I don’t need it. Why don’t you keep it then, it’s only fair.” Then she waved him off and set off on her own path, back through the brush.

ID# 144407 results:

Battle: 4

Craft: 12

Loot: 7

MOB: 1

Me: deal 12 bleed (2/2)

Treant King: 0 dmg

Current Enemies: 

Treant King, HP: 6/150, MIT: 75, Damage Per Hit: 25

5/54 EN , 255/540 hp

Edited by Hinatao

But then the treant got back up. She looked at it and saw that it still had six health. She still needed to bleed it one more time. “Oh god, I can’t believe I thought your health bar was gone,” she moaned. But at least she was glad that there wasn’t any danger left to cope with. She didn’t think that she would be taking on a task with this much fighting for a while. Maybe with less stress she could ease into these high stakes situations instead of throwing herself into them. When all things were said and done and she had eaten her fill she waved to the other two and said, “today was fun, let’s do it again sometime,” then she went off to continue doing what she wanted to. Hopefully she wouldn’t ever see that guy again though, he was kind of a hassle. It was hard to talk and fight.

ID# 144408 results:

Craft: 7

Loot: 13

Edited by Hinatao

She was getting sick of this treant more and more by the second. Her friend Rundi came back around and was wondering why Hinatao was still struggling with this boss. She wanted to try to teach Rundi a couple more things today. Anyways, she had a LOT on her mind to teach, but she was going to start off with something she considered essential to being a good fighter. That was a move that would paralyze enemies with a special ability granted to people that fought like they did. It was going to be a big pain to sit around all day and wait for her new friend to learn some stuff but that was kind of what her duty was right now. She had gained some experience over the years and now she was going to have to pass on that knowledge. The cool air brushed against what little skin she had exposed, mostly her face and neck.

everyone misses again or does no damage

ID# 144409 results:

Battle: 5

Craft: 8

Loot: 2

Edited by Hinatao

As she attacked again, making the boss bleed to death, she realized that her fight wasn’t really over. The tip of her nose was rose-colored, and she squinted at the brisk wind that blew. She was used to the border areas, and this cool weather did nothing to improve her spirits. At her side was her weaponry, and across her back was nothing less than a bow that she had borrowed for the occasion. It had no combat capabilities but she was going to use it to gain a little experience since she thought that she was going to make some good use out of one if she did happen to buy one. Her quiver jostled with every movement, and the sound of the wooden-shafted arrows clanking together soothed her. Each step brought her closer to her job, to excitement... Her equipment was drawn close over her black clothing, but it did little to abate the chill in her bones.

ID# 144410 results:

Battle: 10

Craft: 5

Loot: 5

MOB: 6

Me: deal 12 bleed 

Treant King: dead

Current Enemies: 

Treant King, HP: 0/150, MIT: 75, Damage Per Hit: 25

5/54 EN , 255/540 hp

Edited by Hinatao

She hated the cold, and she knew that the sooner she killed the damn beasts that were guarding the loot around here. She knew there was probably a treasure chest around here so she unequipped her accuracy gear. The sooner she'd be back in the safety of a nice place, warming herself with fire and some food. She grimaced against the chill and marched on, clearing her mind of such intrusions. Beside her was Rundi, her partner in exploits. They’d only known each other for like a week but they were becoming close. She taught her so much already that it was only a matter of time before they were equals, even if that time frame was kind of down the road. As they walked she pointed at different places to go look and Rundi went to fetch all that she could. She was able to find a lot because Hinata told her exactly how and what to look for along with the fact that they were of the same make.

unequip accuracy equipment

Edited by Hinatao

They were headed to a location of a suspected loot chest. She equipped her loot die equipment because that was a great place to gather. It had the stuff that they needed to get paid. The farmstead in question, owned by one man, was a half-day’s walk from the forest. She considered teleporting a change, but instead chose to keep the high profile of the teleportaiton out of danger. If the wolves slipped by her, they could kill her, and Rundi at least would be severely upset by the loss of the life. Not that she cared much about the failure itself. It was necessary to some people but not her. Sure, she felt something for it, but not enough to cry herself to sleep. Her boots crunched over the dirt and stone as she drew to the door. The lantern in the window was lit, and she knew they were sitting to supper.

equip LD+3 gear. make sure to paste in

Edited by Hinatao

She looked for a chest, but didn’t find one, so she just entered the building. She could smell seared meat, likely pork, and buttered potatoes. The thought made her mouth water, but she wasn't there to eat. She could do that later. With a gloved hand, she knocked hard on the door. She was sure she startled the older couple, because she heard clanging of tableware, as if they'd dropped it in their surprise. Wooden chair legs on wooden floors, and the door swung open. Rundi was by her side, observing things as they went. It was one of the few times since they’d been acquainted that they had actually gone out to do things together. "Ya here to do some gathering?" The man’s voice, deep and heavy, sounded exhausted and defeated. her curt nod was all he got, and he invited them in. As he heated a kettle for tea, he told them about the issue in detail.

looking for chest

no chest

ID# 144412 results:

Battle: 7

Edited by Hinatao

She had just finished a quest. She didn’t want to get wrapped up, but she could listen to this NPC for a bit. "Poisonous plants are growin all around causin me problems on the pasture. Go gather it up and keep as much as you like. There are wolves and stuff that guard it too. Look, all's we're needin' is them wolves dead as a first priority. We don't care how, just as long as they don't eat our sheep. Been spending more money to keep them alive than they're worth." He sat down, staring hard at the two before him and their lack of much weaponry. He noticed the colors of their clothing, but if he recognized them, he said nothing. Instead, he offered them a wooden plate with pork on it. “Rundi why don’t you head out and gather a bit. There should be some hemlock growing at the edge of the property."

Edited by Hinatao

“I saw it when we walked in.” Rundi nodded and hurried out before anyone else and went to gather the hemlock, eager to impress Hinata just a little bit with her enthusiasm. “I’ll indulge you. Tell me more about this wolf quest.” Hinata’s eyes watched every movement of the farmer and his wife. They nodded eagerly, and they wasted no more time. She stood quickly, causing the two hosts to nearly topple over themselves in terror. "Let’s get started then.” As they walked around she could smell the metallic scent of blood in the air before they ever reached the pens, so she knew that the damage was severe. She could hear bleating and moos, weak or dejected, she couldn't tell. When they opened the pens, the remaining animals were cowering in corners, afraid that whatever took their friends would come back for them. If she had anything to say about it, they'd never return.

Edited by Hinatao

Their grim totems would be placed by the pens to remind other predators that this land is not safe, gory scarecrows nailed to trees. And that was all it took. she was no longer the woman... She was the spirit of battle. The farmer was still speaking to her, but she was no longer listening. She crouched and approached the dark red splotch on the ground, still wet from the sheer amount of blood that was spilled. Little ribbons of torn flesh clung to the bloody mud, and she ran a finger over them and sniffed it. The scent of urine was mixed in as well, and she knew the wolves were marking their territory. That's why the cattle and sheep hunkered in a corner. They knew that this was no longer their home. Rundi tagged behind and paid attention saying, “so what’s going on? Is that wolf stuff?” Hinata nodded. This was some pretty realistic tracking that she was having to do. “Yeah, wolf stuff. But I’m too tired to do this stuff today. We’ll go wolf hunting tomorrow.”

Quest abandoned

4SP (1 event, 3 pages)

1200 col

I also gained an immense hatred of dagger's lack of AoE </3

Edited by Hinatao