Floor Clearing Canon

As we all know, floors are taking very long to clear. For me, at least. But if we keep at our current pace, then there's no way we're ever going to meet the canon time-line. Which is why I propose an idea. What if we were to have canon help us along? Now if this isn't clear, I shall elaborate more.

Since there were guilds, characters, and other factors in the anime, it's only natural that SAO RPG's world must co-exsist with SAO Canon. If we are trying to tie our two story-lines together, isn't it only natural that Kirito, Asuna, and all the other powerful canon characters would help?

So what I'm saying is, if nobody starts the boss fight for a month on each floor, we could just say, "It was cleared by the Knights of the Blood Oath" or, "Kirito and Asuna defeat the boss" For the sake of getting this done in two years. While we waste time waiting for GMs or Players to post in the fight, time ticks by. As for the main plot for SAO RPG, I've always found my character as more of a Maverick Hunter than a Front-Liner. Which is why the concept of canon fighting bosses, while we adventure on floors is what makes this a perfect concept. Please tell me what you think below.

I like this idea alot actually. I mean lets face it. We are restricting ourselves a HUGE amount by staying in SAO - Aincrad. I mean Aincrad still existed after Alfheim and Gun Gale. So why not? It would help provide progress for players and the plot itself. Its no secret that I have ranted multiple times as well as a few others about the waiting time on bosses and it seems a little unfair to those participating. This provides an easy fix for the deathly long wait we are having to make.

Now in SAO they had to beat 3.409... bosses a month (yes, I did the math). It has taken us over a year to get to floor 7 and soon floor 8...... Something doesnt seem right. And if a GM points out that they needed multiple parties then you also have to realize a boss was killed almost every week. I would say that waiting a month is far too long and that if this were to be done then it needs to be shortened.

I'd like to point out that Aincrad blew up upon completion of the game when Kirito defeated Heathcliff. Then it was remade with the World Seed after he freed Asuna from ElfOnline. I don't think timeline is the major thought here but more the path to where we are going. The story line shouldn't be dedicated to what is at the end, the ending should be able to be somewhat fluid and able to be shifted in accordance to where we the players take it. Or at the very least what we influence to happen through the GM etc.

Just my .02 cents.

• 2 weeks later...

Thing is, it'll likely never take more than a month between bosses, I mean, as soon as F7 was killed, we already started to scout for the F8 boss room, which was found in what, a day? So unless they make finding boss rooms harder or they make a time restriction, example, not being able to find the boss door for like, 2 weeks after the previous floor was killed, I don't see the use for this idea. Though I still like it and I'd like to see it in place, it just seems useless.

• 2 weeks later...

You also got to incorporate the time it takes, if you have a large raid party, then you have even more time to wait for every player to post, and this usually takes awhile, I know im in the floor 8 boss raid as of right now, and well were at a stand still, waiting for the players to post. That is what takes up the most time, but don't get me wrong, you can make it harder to make the boss room harder to find, but really why would you. As to summerise up, boss room scouting can take longer, if need be, and the true reason why it takes soo long is because of time leags between each players posts, so this would be a wonderous idea to incorporate, you have my support, gives me more time to go farming.