[PP-F1] Why is your icon that color? (Keith&Zerva)

Zerva had been walking through the town of beginnings, just enjoying the virtual air and getting his handle on reality for the day. He felt if he didn't try to relax he would break, and that most certainly would not be good. His eyes darted to each player he passed, averting them if they looked back. He was the very name of curiosity and his listening skill was getting a major workout whenever he saw two people together.

After an hour of this, something new and unique caught his attention and he felt himself drawn to the source. There was a player before him who he had not met, who had a marker over their head that was the color orange. He did not know what it symbolized. He inched closer, trying to make sense of it with each step towards him.

Keith had been walking through the Town of Beginnings, getting gear for the next boss fight on Floor 8. As he walked through crowds of players, he felt a slight sense to him, like someone was focusing on him. He stopped and moved out of the crowed, looking around for the source of this watcher he was feeling. He then saw a player approach him, a name Zerva over his head. "Um... Hi!" Keith said, holding out his hand for a shake.

Zerva blinked, realizing he had been seen. He forgot to use his hide skill! He tries to remain calm as he extends his hand, firmly grasping "Keith's" hand and shaking it. "Hey! Uh, sorry for staring but-" his eyes shoot upward and then back down "I was kinda wondering... why is your name different? I haven't seen anyone else with that. Is that, like, a premium item or something?" He tilts his head "You don't look like you are under a status effect..."

Keith blinked. Did he really not know? "Um, this color of crystal shows a Player Killer. I became this color for killing another Player. You see, I'm a Maverick Hunter. Mavericks are a term given to players who kill for fun, and pleasure. Maverick Hunters are ones who root them out and stop their games."

Almost instantly Zerva's expression changes, his nerves showing as he takes the color's meaning to heart. He was aware this wasn't like other MMO, even permadeath MMOs had people with secret stashes hidden around, but this was a true death!

After a moment of staring he takes a breath and nods "Oh, I see... Well, as long as you aren't just saying that..." He didn't know Keith, so he sided on the side of caution and took safety in the fact they were both in town. "Sorry if that was rude. I was curious is all." A gear turns in the back of his mind when he remembers a videogame about robots who hunted 'Mavericks.' and he chuckled to himself softly. "Well, I am Zerva. It's nice to meet you." It was hard to ignore the clear level gap. It was probably very obvious he had only just started going outside again.

"Keith. It's nice to meet you! And I know a few people who get that chuckle, so you know what our terminology is based on, eh?" He said with a smirk, as even small references to the Blue Bomber would help him remember the outside world. "So, is there anything you want to do? I'm sure there are some things you may need help with around on this floor."

Zerva smiled at the offer for help, happily saying since he had found someone who could appreciate the art of the reploid related games. "Some help would be appreciated, actually. As you perhaps could have figured out, kinda weak." He goes through his menus and opens up a party invite directed to Keith. He was under the assumption friendly fire would be off while in a party, regardless of the truth behind it. This way if Keith left the party mid-combat he would have some warning.

Once the invite was sent he says to Keith "Well, I suppose my first goal would be to get into some more... respectable attire." He looks at his cloth jacket and shrugs. "So... maybe some monsters that would drop leather...?" He pats his sheathed dagger and said "Think stealth-type gamer, here." He shrugs and adds "No healers in this mmo."

Keith's face lit up as the other player asked about leather armor. Oh! I'm a tailor! If we get some leather, I can make it into armor for you! Sound cool?" he said, giving a thumbs-up to the other player, who's party keith had just joined.

A smile had stuck itself to Zerva's face and he nodded in approval, saying all too happily "Sounds like a great plan to me!" he chuckles happily and adds "I guess that would make you my first visited crafter. Hopefully I can brainstorm up a suitably stealthy design." He hums in thought as his mind puzzles over every anime and game he had seen with assassins, glancing up to see Keith's name taking a spot next to his own. "Ah, I am a bit weak, so I don't know how much help I would be... Do you have any suggestions on what material might work best?" He looks to the far more experienced player expectantly!

Keith thought for a bit, using his best back-ground knowledge as to what material is best for rouge armor. Skyrim. "Well, from my well-informed resources, I'm gonna say the leather is most likely the best material we can get as of now. So, ready to go slay some boars? I hear that they are always HOGGING up leather!"

Zerva nodded in approval after giving a soft chuckle from his pun while giving his eyes a roll. "Makes sense I suppose. Kinda leaning towards something assassin or ninja-y. Any chance there are spiders that drop dark silk?" He chuckles to himself while shaking his head, doubting that it would be so easy to make his mentally visualized armor which he would have no issue describing if asked. "Well, you are the one with the expertise and the maps! I will follow you towards the prey!"

Keith started out to the fields as he talked to Zerva. "well, If you wanna get spider silk, Count me out! I am not going anywhere near those eight-legged creepy-crawlies." He said with a shudder. "...but anyway, here they are! The most evil monsters in Aincrad. The pig." Keith said, as he motioned over to the boars. "So, you wanna attack first or should I?"

Zerva looked at Keith with a raised brow but grins and says "It's okay, arachnophobia is a common problem." He winks a bit playfully at Keith and draws his dagger, taking a breath as he says "I think I will try for first... Let's see how it goes." He charges ahead after saying that, aiming his dagger at the nearest boar he could see. He grinned happily as the blade ran across the boar's virtual flesh, marking the path and lowering its hitpoints by one. Feeling oddly triumphant he backs off a bit so not to get whacked right after!

Boar 6/7

Zerva 13/13

Keith 63/63

Keith whistled as Zerva slashed through the boar. "Your first slash! Pretty amazing huh? This game makes it feel like your weapon has some real swing to it!" Keith said, as he drew his katana and looked at the boar, readying his blade. "It's like this game has endless possibilities, am I right?"

Item effects

Keith slashed the boar on the side, and gave it a small kick to prevent it from attacking. "But believe me, things can get way worse than boars." Keith said, as the boar changed it's target back to Zerva.

Boar: 5/7

Zerva nodded "There IS something oddly satisfying about feeling a blade go through something!" He chuckles and watches as Keith goes through with his attack. "And I agree, there is a surprising amount of customization! It's really free feeling!... if we were not risking our lives every second I am sure this would be a far more fun game than it is." He shrugs and, while holding up his dagger, charges towards the boar to try and add to the poor creature's suffering.

With a triumphant feeling washing over him his blade stabbed into the beast's shoulder, quickly being withdrawn before the beast could counter and deciding to add towards Keith "I am just hoping stealth elements are... useful here. Because that's kinda where I am going!"

Boar 4/7

Yeah, pigs are pretty much R and R, and I have no doubt you'll be in the swing of things in time!" Keith said, as the boar squealed and ran towards him. "Soon enough you'll find Obsidian dragons and Astral Golems, now that's where the fun happens!" Keith said, as he rolled out of the way and brought his sword at the pig.

Item effects

Boar 2/7

Keith slashed it's side with his special katana, inflicting the bleeding effect on the pig. "Carve the ham, buddy!" He said over to Zerva, as he redirected the pig.

Zerva whistled when Keith told him about the types of creatures in his future. "Oh, that will be... 'fun'" He chuckles and adds "I hope I can sneak up on them. One doesn't have eyes maybe and the other can -fly-" He watches as he damages the boar but raises a brow when it seemed to still be in pain afterward. He shrugs though, not ready to complain about it, and charges after the beast to try and help finish it off!

When the beast once again took damage from his own blade, bringing it down to a single hitpoint, he watches curiously to see what the status effect would do to it. It was not his weapon which applied it, so he was unsure as to what the effects were, leaving it in the hands of Keith to control.

Boar 1/7 (bleeding?)