[SP-F4] Here There Be Dragons

"I can't even feel the sword in my spine..." Mumbled Berserker as he blinked, looking around as though confused as to where he was. Was the battle over? "Stop it! STOP IT! I NEED TO FEEL IT ALL!!" He suddenly shouted, before lashing out with a casual backhand with his huge cleaver like sword towards Vandal.

Vandal: 12/15

Berserker: 2/15

Vandal wasn't about to get close enough to be in this guy's range, no matter how docile and confused he seemed. So the backhand sword strike missed by a mile. Vandal wanted to bail, but the duel timer was still going, and there was no limit. Was he going to have to kill him? One more hit should do it, assuming he stayed dead this time. Shifting his grip on his sword, Vandal cursed under his breath as he realized that if he didn't end it, this guy would only keep attacking. "Damn it..." he seethed through clenched teeth, as he dealt the death blow.

Berserker: 0/15

Again a sound like breaking glass seemed to herald the defeat of Berserker, and gain the fur diaper wearing madman simply hopped back to his feet. "I'm back! My flesh is forever! Now let me hear those screams!" He crowed, as his HP bar refilled. "Make me bleed for the last time! I won't hold back anymore, I will powder my cockatil in your ribcage!" He howled as his eyes flared a bloody red, and he attacked with both hands on the huge sword's hilt.

[berserker now has + 1 BD and + 1 Damage in his 'Berserk/Final State']

Berserker: 0/15

Vandal wasn't fooled by the fake death thing twice, even though he was confused as to what was happening. When people died in SAO, they stayed dead, or at least everyone but this guy. Vandal was 100% certain he wasn't a player and was some kind of funky boss NPC, but that didn't make it any less weird to have killed him twice. Something about this time though, got him feeling a little nervous. Those burning red eyes... That meant something bad. The two handed stroke was almost enough to knock the wind out of him, but his armor held, barely. [censored], he wasn't playing around anymore. Vandal tried to retaliate as quick as he could with a quick stab that landed, but failed to critical.

Berserker: 7/10

Stab me a THOUSAND TIMES!! It hurts, hahahaha! IT HURTS!!" If Berserker ever felt joy, it would be feeling it right now. To have been killed twice, and pushed to it's final Berserk Rage meant that this was the last round, one of them would fall now. Berserker had no sense of self preservation, so when it attacked it wasn't trying to prolong it's survival, it just wanted to fight. So again it rushed forward with a huge two handed slash that blew right past Vandal's armor for a huge amount of damage. Things were getting dangerous now.

Vandal: 9/15

Berserker: 7/10

The sudden vicious attack was almost enough to put the big man on his knees. He gulped hard as he scrambled to keep his footing. That was the biggest hit he had ever taken, and glancing at his HP bar he realized that he couldn't take many more like that. Any thoughts of reluctance to fight went out the window, if it came down to dying or killing, he was damn sure going to make sure he didn't die. So with a roar of defiance at his powerful undying enemy, Vandal charged forward in a quick diagonal slash that dropped his enemy's health even closer to the danger zone.

Vandal: 9/15

Berserker: 4/10

"Think I'm done!? Well the jokes on you! Nothing makes me stronger than a sucking chest wound!" howled Berserker as he danced a little jig despite his grievous injuries, before lashing out again with another heavy two handed strike. Clearly, even near death the insane Fur Diaper wasn't about to quit.

Vandal: 5/15

[censored], he was in the Red now, another hit like that and he was a goner. Vandal was going to have to put everything he had into his next strike and pray, because if he took another big hit he was dead, just like that. Gripping his sword in two hands, he roared and charged forward. But his foot slipped on a patch of compacted snow, and his big hit missed wide, dropping him painfully to a knee before his dangerous enemy. [censored].

Vandal: 5/15

"I will murder your death!" Howled Berserker at the new development, not about to let an opening like that go to waste as he whipped that awful sword around to murder the fallen swordsman where he knelt tired and cold in the snow.

[Correction to health, my math is sucking]

Vandal: 4/15

Accepting the hit from the deranged warrior, Vandal took his sword in two hands and torqued hard at the waste, bringing the huge blade up and around in a desperate attempt to finish off his opponent before a lucky hit from Berserker killed him outright. The off balance attack wasn't enough to finish him off, but it was able to drop his HP Down to a final sliver. Surely the battle was over now?

Vandal: 4/15

Berserker: 1/10

[censored] [censored] [censored]... He was going to die like this... If he didn't hit, he was dead. He had to calm down, he had to get his focus. He hadn't fought this long to die like this. Taking his sword in two exhausted hands, and blowing out his breath, Vandal charged for a final attack, one he would gamble his life on. The huge blade ripped a gash across Berserker's chest, sending his HP into the negative. Stay dead, just stay dead, please stay dead..." panted Vandal, not sure if he could keep going.

Vandal: 2/15

Berserker: 0/10

Berserker stumbled back, glancing at the huge red gash that marked his chest in amazement. But he wasn't dead yet. Stepping forward he raised his sword one final time, the light glinting along it's razor sharp length before he plunged it downward at Vandal...

Burying the blade into the ice.

The hellish red of his eyes faded, and for the first time he seemed calm. "Well fought Lone Swordsman, as promised I have a treasure for you. Take up <> in your hand, and carry on the spirit of the Berserker. Fight until your last breath, and conquer all challenge that appears before you, for that is the fate of a swordsman. If any would seek to take this Skill from you, then force them to pry it from your cold dead hands... You are the Berserker now." said the tired old figure, before exploding into polygons.

The Berserker was dead at last.

Vandal wasn't sure what was more confusing, the fact that the crazy guy was suddenly not so crazy, or the fact that he had left some kind of Unique Skill for him. Hesitantly he reached out, closing his hand around the hilt of the huge cleaver like two handed sword, before his expression hardened and he pulled the sword out of the ice. He had risked his life for this sword, and the skill that came with it, he may not have had any idea what that was all about, but he was going to take Fur Diaper's advice to heart. Fighting to his last breath, conquering any challenge that came his way, and making anyone who wanted to take what was his from his cold dead hands sounded alright with him.