[PP-F2] Guess Who's Back? (Jevi)

Grave smirked and grabbed a tall, bell-shaped glass and a bottle of fruity syrup and spun them both. "Coming right up," he announced. He bumbled about the kitchen, sliding the glass onto the countertop and drizzling a few rings of red syrup around the inside of it, almost to the lip. He flung open the cold box and whipped out a tub of ice cream and a bottle of milk. Two large balls of cold cream fell to the bottom of the glass and a stream of milk cascaded around them, the syrup infusing into it and turning it from white to a gentle pink.

As he scrambled through the pantries for ingredients, he called back over his shoulder to Jevi, "Well, I think you might find I'm a little more reserved now. I've learned a little lesson in respect... and self-respect." He listened to Jevi reacting to each of the names he had listed. "Good to know Hirru's still around. I'll have to check up on him at some point. He helped me grandmaster <<Martial Arts>>, did you know that?" he asked. "Yeah, Mac's a frontliner. Was. I imagine he's probably still fighting the good fight."

Jevi's tone fell, and Grave slowed as he topped the milkshake with whipped cream. He set the piping bag down gently and sighed. He tapped a glass jar over the top of the cream and thin, stick-like sprinkles of various colours fell into it, and he finally topped it with a bright red cherry. He picked up the glass, slipped a spoon and a straw into it and walked it around the counter and to Jevi's table. He set it down in front of her and took a seat opposite her. "Hope you like strawberry milkshakes," he said in a very light voice. "I'm sorry you feel like you don't have any friends left. When a guild breaks down, it can be hard to keep in contact with everyone. Let's make lots of new friends together, hey?"

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The heavy thud of a full glass hit the table, and brooding eyes wandered to look at Grave's creation. A professional looking milkshake, streaks of strawberry syrup traveled up and down the inside of the glass, blending nicely with the ice cream. Even whipped cream and sprinkles, because who could be sad while staring at a fluffy white hill coated with a rainbow snowfall. Her lips twitched into a small smirk as her eyes shifted from the milkshake to Grave. 

Picking herself up, he gently placed her fingers around the bell shaped glass and pulled it towards her, the bottom of the cup dragging on the surface of the table. Taking the straw in her mouth, she took a sip.. a bit tougher to pull since most of the ice cream was still a hard custard. Eventually though, she managed to drink some of the shake, and her slowly closing eyes were all that was needed to reveal how delicious it was. "Mmhm." she simply said, nodding her head as she swallowed the bit of ice cream, "You certainly can do drinks too." 

"Thanks" her smile lingering longer than she had intended, much longer. She decided to switch from the straw to the spoon, taking out a small scoop of the ice cream, coated with the softer cream and sprinkles and placing it into her mouth. "I know we'll both make new friends.. Especially you, being so likeable and friendly and.." she cut herself short, her gaze pulling from his "I'm still working this out.. me being more open about my emotions, trying to pick myself up out of this constant state of depression. So some of that sad shit is still gonna come out of me." 

"Just.. bear with me, okay?"  her yellow eyes looking up into his.

Grave watched with apprehension. He knew he was a good cook. It was his profession here in Aincrad, after all. But there was something different about watching Jevi try a dessert prepared just for her, without any mechanical benefits. Just a treat to help lift her spirits. Something gnawed at the pit of his stomach. What if she didn't have as much of a sweet tooth as he did? Did he put in too much icecream? Would it be too hard to drink?

All that melted away when Jevi closed her eyes and leaned into the straw. A quiet whistle slipped past his lips as he released his bated breath. "I provide only the best," he claimed with a dramatic bow from his seat. "I'm glad you're enjoying it. Please make sure to leave a review," he requested with a laugh.

"Hey, don't worry about it. We've all got sad shit to talk about. I'm here to listen to it." Grave flashed Jevi a wide smile and leaned back in his seat. "You're stuck with me now. I'm always here to help whether you like it or not," he said. He looked down at his hand resting on the table and started to tap his fingers against the wood in a steady rhythm. "I'm still learning this 'new me' as well. I feel like I've gotten better, but who knows? I might not be as great as I think. I'm just winging it and seeing who I am."

"You're stuck with me now. I'm always here to help whether you like it or not,"

Maybe now, but he wasn't there when she needed him most. When she felt lost and afraid. When she felt the world turn its back on her. When she found out Opal died, when she found out Ruby killed herself. Grave was here for her now, and that had to count for something. But the promises he had made her before leaving to go off on his journey sounded just as promising. 

So much of her wanted to believe him, that he would be here to stay, that she could rely on him for whatever she needed. Whether it be a friend to talk to, a shoulder to cry on, or just someone to play this game with. The realist within her, however, reminded her that if he didn't like this 'new Grave' he could just disappear to the mountains again, a hard reset to try and find a new version of himself that he was happy with. This tug of war between her old feelings for him resurfacing and being so angry at him for just abandoning her.. she could not find that happy medium to perch herself upon. 

Suddenly the strawberry milkshake didn't taste as sweet. 

As she rose her gaze to look up at him once more, she thought to herself that maybe this time he means it. Why shouldn't she allow herself this happiness, even if it does end up slipping from her grasp in due time. Better than not being happy in the slightest. "Why don't we find out together? Lets see if this new you holds a candle to the old Grave." she added with a smirk. 

• 2 weeks later...

Jevi made a face while sipping on the milkshake, and Grave froze. Had he said something wrong? Was that not enough? Was it too much? He looked away and chewed on a thumbnail. Of course it was too much. What good does him being here now do? He was such an idiot. He was late, that was the problem. He should have just kept his mouth shut, then maybe...

"Why don't we find out together? Lets see if this new you holds a candle to the old Grave." Grave looked back up at Jevi. She smiled at him. It was a mask, Grave could see that. He smiled back. "Even if it doesn't, this is me now. We can workshop it together if there's a screw loose somewhere," he said and knocked himself on the top of the head with his knuckles.

He stood and straightened his coat. Hikari slipped around his waist and wrapped around him like a belt, nuzzling into her own tail. "Once you're done with that, how about we take a walk to your shop? I'd love to get some gear commisioned, if that's okay." Grave rubbed his knuckles. It had been a long time since he'd worn anything over his hands, it was going to be hard to get used to again.

Jevi couldn't help but smirk as Grave joked about having a few screws loose after that trip of his put his mind and soul back together again. "Eh, I don't know if workshopping is going to do much. You've always had a few loose screws up there." half standing up, she reached an arm across the table and ruffled his already messy, white hair. "But I'm starting to think that all the best people do."  Retracting her arm, she sat back on the stool and took another sip of her milkshake, enjoying the taste as she watched Grave stand up and adjust himself. 

Seemed he was just about ready to get out of his diner, and out of his own little world. Once again, he brought up commissioning some new gear from Jevi so he could, hopefully, get back into it and maybe even back onto the frontlines. Jevi swallowed the mouthful of soft ice cream she had in her mouth before grabbing the cup and standing up herself. "I could always take it to go, whats the owner gonna do.. stop me?"  Without waiting for Grave, she turned on her heels and began walking towards the front door. "Come on, lets go see if we can't get you fitted for some better shit."

Thread Complete

Total Words: 13796 / 30 * 5 = 2295
Pages: 2

Jevi T3
2295 * 3 = 6885 EXP
400 Col

Grave T4
2295 * 4 = 9180 EXP
400 Col