[SP|F3] The rise to the top

Monarch awoke on a bench, just outside of town. The field around him was unfamiliar, as blurry and misshapen it was. How did he end up here? Who knows? The kid's hand would fall to his side, pulling his weight forward and off of the bench. "I guess I need more stuff." He would say to himself, pulling himself up to a standing position. If I want to survive, I need gear to help me. A good sword, maybe some armor, whatever it takes to reach the top. If nothing else, I need col. His hand would hold his wrist and his eyes would scan the fields. Maybe there's something around here I can kill to get better weapons.

His gaze would land on a pack of wolves, and the boy would scoop up a small rock. Drawing his hand back, a particularly wimpy throw would drive the stone directly into the side of the largest wolf's head. A sharp turn would draw it and as it approached, Monarch's hand would reach up to his shoulder and his sword would fall forwards as he got ready for a fight. "I don't want to do this. I'm sorry it had to be you." He would say, spinning the blade in his hand for a reverse grip. The wolf had closed the distance in no time and as such, the boy had already steeled himself for battle.

A deep breath in, and a slow breath out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monarch: 120/120 HP | 32/32 EN | 6 DMG | 1 Para

Wolf: 80/80 HP | 24 DMG

Spoiler

word count: 244

Once the distance had closed, Monarch's blade would glow yellow. The wolf's legs would leave the ground and the flat of the kid's blade would redirect the force of the beast's attack. "Caught me off guard." Both the wolf and the player would stand, locked in a waiting game. It would seem they both knew how to wait for an opening, and that if you move first, chances are you'll lose the exchange. Hearing a ruckus forming behind him as other dogs charged in, Monarch would grit his teeth. He had no experience fighting this many enemies, so he would have to find a way to kill them one at a time.

The constant barking and howling would distract him for a moment, but his eyes would never leave the wolf he was currently engaged with. He needed to figure out just how many there were, and that was easier said than done. Though as it stands, he definitely had enough time to take care of this one.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Action: ST-I on wolf

Spoiler

roll ID: 205289

BD: 5 (Miss)

MD: 5 (miss)

Monarch: 120/120 HP | 30/32 EN | 6 DMG | 1 Para

Wolf: 80/80 HP | 24 DMG

Spoiler

word count: 168

Edited by Monarch

The boy watched for a moment, the wolf taking his paw up slightly higher than usual. This was it, the moment he had been waiting for. Yasu's sword would glow, his eyes fixed on the enemy before him as it charged forward once more. A snarl from the dog would throw slobber at kid and his blade would start to fall. Not quite quick enough however, as the yellow wolf's teeth would plant themselves firmly into the boy's leg. Holding it in place, Monarch's sword would fall on the monster's head, causing it to break its grip and pull back once more. The first exchange had gone swimmingly, and Monarch was already tired of this fight.

"You might be the beast who gets me." Yasu's tired voice tells the wolf. His health hadn't dropped quite as far as the monster's, but it still didn't make him feel all that great watching it drop. So about half of his health huh? Not bad, I should be able to take him on. The kid's eyes would dance across the beast as he waited once more.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Action: ST-I on wolf

Spoiler

Roll ID: 205290

BD: 7 (hit)

6 * 6 = 36

80 - 36 = 44 HP

MD: 8 (hit)

120 - 24 = 96 HP

Monarch: 96/120 HP | 25/32 EN | 6 DMG | 1 Para

Wolf: 44/80 HP | 24 DMG

Spoiler