F1 - SP - <<EAL: Forager>> (Amaji)

<<Earning A Living: Forager>>

Amaji | Lv1 | HP 20/20 | EN 20/20 | DMG 1 | MIT | ACC | EVA

Inventory
Equipped: NA

Battle Ready: 3 Starter Health Potions (Gain 50 Health on Use)

“Wellp, here goes nothing.”

Amaji was currently trudging her way through the woods of some backhanded forest, yet again, looking for this friggin caravan. Thinking about the ‘fun’ she’s had up to now, she wondered if this was all worth it. She understood the gypsy woman NPC liked to walk around and change location and all that fun stuff, but would it kill her to… like… Not do that?

At least Amaji was getting closer to her goal now. Starting off with the Forager skill unlocked would definitely come in handy, especially if she’s gonna try and get some decent money in. Coming up on the encampment, the girl moves her purple tinted hair from her eyes and sighed a breath of relief. “Bout damn time…”

Walking up to the caravan, she could see the woman Giovanna sitting at a campfire, cooking up some sort of soup or stew. Amaji cleared her throat, and Giovanna turned her head to look at the girl, giving a small smile. “Why, hello there! How pleasant to meet you; Are you here in search for materials? Perhaps gragyn crystals? Or maybe some clover?” 

Amaji looked at the woman with a tired expression, slipping her hands into her pockets and responding. “Dialogue Option One.” Giovanna looked puzzled, tilting her head and looking at the purple haired girl more directly. “Are you okay, dear? I don’t understand what you’re saying.”

”I was trying to speed run the dialogue, never mind,” Amaji replied with a breath before continuing. “I’m here to learn how to Forage? I was told you could help with that.” Giovanna’s eyes lit up, and she smiled brightly, standing up from her stump. “My my, that’s quite the surprise! Not many people come out here looking to learn anything; I’ll gladly teach you, then!”

Word 337

“So, the first thing that you need to know,” Giovanna continued, “is that foraging is almost completely trial and error! I can give you basic tips of course, to make it easier for you to spot items, but honestly most of the experience of finding materials in the wild comes from just picking something up, and determining if it’s of value! Take this, for example.” The woman held out a single nugget that looked similar to a silver sheen, and Amaji inspected it curiously, tapping her chin as she did her best to pay attention. “Okay, so it’s a metal, right?” she asked Giovanna.

”Not quite! In fact, it’s just a sharpened rock fragment, polished by rain and sand to appear like metal,” the woman explained. “But to the naked eye, it would certainly appear valuable, until used to craft a weapon or trinket!” Amaji looked at the woman with a deadpan look, fighting the smart assed urge to mention that metal is basically a rock but harder. Although she did understand what the rock nut was getting at; Not every search is gonna come up with something valuable, and not every piece you find is gonna be worth anything.

”Okey Dokey Miss Miyagi, that sounds reasonable enough to understand,” Amaji said with a nod. “Excellent,” Giovanna responded smiling, and then slipped a black small compass out of her satchel, handing it to Amaji. “In order to train, this forest should have anything and everything you could possibly wish to look for in regards to being a forager! And this compass will help you find a very rare item, known as a Demon Shard; At your current level of expertise, you wouldn’t typically be able to find one. But, with help from this compass, it should point your way to one if you come close enough to any! I would like for you to go into the forest, and search for any materials that you might find! And then, once you have found a single Demon Shard, please return to me.”

To say that Amaji was finding this both aggravating and funny at the same time was probably an understatement. This hippie woman just gave her a compass and decided she was gonna Jack Sparrow her way to success; what wasn’t fun about that?

Word 384

Material Search > 209171 > LD 17 | CD 10 = Crit Success (2 material + 1 Demon Shard)
---------------------------------------------
Shrugging, Amaji slipped the compass into her pocket, and waved goodbye to the woman before walking away and back into the woods. To be fair,Giovanni was completely right; Even in real life, finding something that was actually worth anything took a lot of trial and error. Either way, it didn't make it any less annoying. Oh well, at least she had some time to get the hang of some of this stuff. However, not even 50 meters away from the gypsy's camp, the compass began to vibrate in her pocket, and she pulled it out, noticing it pointing to the right of her toward a tree. Looking over, Amaji gave a deadpan expression as she stared directly at a purple glowing shard embedded into the base of the tree roots. You've got to be kidding me... Already??'

Sighing, she swept her hair out of her face and made her way over to the shard, examining it with her menu. [(1)Demon Shard: Used for forging materials of Demonic Rank][(2) Iron Deposit]

Wellp, 5that's taken care of now. Looking back at the camp, Amaji seemed beside herself, not sure if she should go back yet. On one hand, she had quite a few other missions that she wanted to get done before the end of the day. On the other, she kind of wanted to try and forage for more materials before she headed out.... Screw it. Putting the shard and materials away, Amaji stretched a bit and continued her way further back into the forest.

Word: 255

Edited by Amaji Jiji