[SP-F1] Earning a Living {Redo}

(Redo of the quest because goddamn, it was horrible.)

I stared up at the bullet board of the town, specifically at one certain post. "Want to learn how to Cook? Come to Mama's Diner and learn! First come, first serve." I frowned slightly, I had caught the interest of getting a profession, but none of them were really all that great.... I doubt I could make weapons even if my life was dependent on it, and neither was mixing ingredients to create weird potions something I would want to do for a living. Performing in front of a bunch of people- Hah, my entertainment ability is less than a homeless man's. But cooking...it had a nice ring to it. Sure, I wasn't the best cook in real life, but nor was I the worse. It didn't seem that bad either, but who was I to say.

Shrugging, I snatched the flyer from the board and made my decision, I was going to be a chef, for better or for worse.

I opened the door of the Diner, a look of positive surprise washing over my typically blank face. It was packed, for sure, but you tell the mood was most definitely cheerful. No fights, no arguments, nothing negative. I slowly walked up to the counter and asked the NPC there;

"Excuse me, but I have this flyer here. I would like to learn how to cook." I asked her, and she turned to face me with a bright smile. "Oh, you're here to become a chef? Great! I'll just go prep everything, be right back!" She chirped to me, I sweat dropping slightly as she skipped away with imaginary flowers floating in the background.

"I'm back~ Just go into the 3rd room from the back, the teacher's inside~" The NPC chimed to me, sparkles now appearing forth with the damn flowers. I gave an awkward chuckle back to her as I entered the door, my left hand clutching the flyer.

Following the instructions, I found the door I was looking for and stood in front of it. I took in a deep breath before I knocked onto the wooden entrance, and spoke out loud,

"H-Hello? I'm here to become a chef and I-" The door forcefully opened, revealing a cheery plump NPC woman with a wooden spoon, cutting me off. "Hello there dear, you're here to learn how to cook right?" She asks, a kind smile warming up to her face. "Y-Yes, I am." I managed to answer whilst I recovered from the shock.

"Alrighty then, shall we start?" She skipped away, before returning with a parchment of paper. "Here you go dear, I need you to go get some ingredients for our lesson. The instructions and places to receive to items are written on it, so don't worry about not knowing what you're suppose to get. I need you to be back in half an hour or so, so please do quicken." I responded with a session of furious nodding, before running out of the restaurant to get the ingredients.

I went up to a old scrawny lady who was selling vegetables and asked her,

"Excuse me madam, but are you an acquaintance of Mdm Lisa?" She looked up to me with squinted eyes before smiling and speaking up, "Indeed I am, but why is a young lady like you asking a old woman like me that? Usually Lisa comes here and buys the ingredients."

"Ah, I'm here to pick-up the items for Mdm Lisa, as requested by her." I answered, trying my best to recuperate a similar kind smile to her. "Oh dear, is Lisa sick or something? I'll go make some herbal tea or-" "N-No no! She isn't sick, she just wants me to do this as part of her lesson." I explained hurriedly, not wanting the older lady to get worried.

"Is that so, well alright. What do you need?" She asks as she takes a look at the piece of paper held in my hand. She grabs a pair of antique looking glasses and puts them on, before reading out loud; "Lets see, 3 carrots, a sack of potato, corn, onions, tomato- Ah, the usual." She takes off the reading accessory and returned back the form. A temporary amount of col was deducted from me, which was actually the per-part of the quest of the NPC. A bunch of items spammed up my inventory as I grinned and thanked the elderly NPC, running off soon after.

"Next on the list is..." I held up the piece of paper, my eyes soon widening later. "I need to go fight boars and collect items in the grassfield?.." I murmured questionably to myself, unsure if what I was seeing on the sheet of paper was correct. "Well then, better go off now." I stored the paper back into my inventory and headed to the grassfield to get the rest of the ingredients.

Quest

Floor 1- Getting Ingredients

• Get 5x Boar Meat

• Get 5x Lemon Grass

Accept? Yes/No

[Yes was accepted.]

I pouted at the swarm of boars in front of me. At the very least they couldn't be aggro, unless you decided to fight the hordes of boars instead. I took in a deep breath before unsheathing my newly-made blade. The black metal of the blade glistened in the sunlight, as with the elaborate red handle of the rapier. With a quick prep to get myself use to the sword, and I swinged it gently around to test my control, then nodding to myself in approval.

I changed into my stance, my right arm holding my sword as I eyed a single boar carefully, preparing to attack.

Battle Dice:

1-5 [boar dodges the attack.]

6-8 [boar gets hit by the attack and Katharine gives a clean hit]

9 [boar gets hit and Katharine gets a critical, piercing through a weak spot of the boar's body. Deals 2 damage]

10 [boar gets hit and Katharine gets a critical, piercing through a weak spot of the boar's body. Deals 3 damage]

Mob:

Boar: 5/5

Another second passed once more, before I activated my <> skill and dashed at the boar, closing the gap. I held back my blade and then thrusted at the mob. Despite being caught by surprise, the boar manage to get out of harm's way, barely dodging. I frowned as it avoided the hit, as I prepared to turn around and attack it again.

Result: Fail; Boar dodges.

Boar: 5/5

I took a sharp turn right after the boar dodge, this time faster the previous time, as the boar failed to dodge. I thrusted my rapier into the mob, giving a critical hit to the monster. The mob screamed in pain before staggering away, the piercing cut coloured in red and white lines could be seen clearly on the stabbed area.

Result; Successful; rolled a 9; 2 damage.

Boar: 3/5

I was on a roll, as I attacked the boar again, not giving it anytime to rest. This time, I got another critical, causing the mob to yelp in pain, before disappearing into a thousand shards of blue and green. I smirked, 1 down, 4 more to go.

Result: Successful; rolled a 9, caused 2 damage. Killed mob.

Boar: 0/5 [Dead]

Received: 1x Boar Meat

I prepared my weapon again, and then attacked the mob. I had managed to land a clean cut onto the monster, causing it to screech in pain like how the previous one did. Despite not being much, I had managed to deal a point of damage, which was good enough for me.

Result: Successful; rolled a 7, deals 1 damage.

Boar: 4/5