[PP-F8] Dinner and Conversation

Miaki was surprised at how quickly Nikki's mind was made up on living together. Soon as he mentioned that he had been a nomadic type of person in Sword Art Online moving from one place to the next, she became insistent on moving in together and at her own place even. The more he thought about it the more he liked it. A cozy, warm place on the fourth floor seemed exciting and romantic. His mind lingered on the days to come where they would spend time together in between raids and meetings and enjoy each others company by a warm hearth. With his hands up in surrender Miaki chuckled lightly and smiled. "Okay, okay. It's settled." He liked the idea of moving in and was glad to be given the invitation.

After hearing her agreement to continue working with their own guilds and that they could accomplish more continuing where they were he nodded. "And with the relations that have been building between our guilds it will be all the easier." He had been glad to have started building strong ties with Captain Saix of the Ebon Vanguard and Shark of the Knights of Christ. "We'll take things one step at a time if anything rises from it. Hopefully, no one will stir up anything but I'm optimistic. But enough of that for now." He said wanting to shift the topic again and move their night along while they waited for their food. "We can talk about guild politics some other time. This is your night and I want it to be everything you want it to be and more." Miaki tried to think of what to bring up next but was coming up blank.

Nikki leaned back now as a pair of waiters arrived, each carrying a set of plates. Both sets were identical with a beautifully cooked meat dish, lamb by the looks of it, and a vegetable dish to go with it. it had always been a wonder how the chefs of Aincrad could make items so close to the real worlds that they not only looked the part, but tasted as if they were real too. Needless to say she was excited by these food items.

It was an amazing night, so much had happened. In fact this week was certainly one for the books. A boss defeat, an engagement, moving in with someone, and the night was still young. By that her thoughts had begun to wonder what else was in store for them, She knew based off the conversation, that Miaki was coming home with her, and she was feeling a lot like celebrating. Nikki smiled and took a quick bite of her food, not wanting to let her mind wander too far.

The meat was tender and sweet, like nothing she had ever had before. She had never actually tried lamb in the real world, but if it tasted half as good as this she would certainly go out of her way to get it now. Though she suddenly had a thought and needed to ask a question. "Michael... What do you expect from a wife? I mean Im not good at cooking or anything like that."

Dinner was served and Nikki and Miaki began to cut into the lamb and vegetables on their plates. They had gotten well into their meal while keeping up a small conversation when Nikki changed topics and asked him what was he expecting from a wife. In truth he hadn't really thought of Nikki performing the stereotypical roles of a wife. Instead he saw the spear and shield tank who lead players in battle and trained them to be the best they could be. And he wanted to be with that person.

He put down his fork and with a warm smile looked at Nikki. She looked absolutely amazing in her blue dress. "Abigale, to be quite honest I never thought about the cooking or anything exactly. Personally, He said bringing his free hand to his chest to show sincerity. "you could be the worst cook in the world and ruin even the easiest low level recipes and it wouldn't matter to me. I do not expect a housewife. I know you well enough to know that that would be degrading to you. I want us out there doing our best for the people of Aincrad together. We can get along just fine with getting food in restaurants or buying something that doesn't require a cooking skill for us to have in your-... our home. If you want to try some of those things though I won't stop you. I never thought about it until just now but maybe those things would be fun for us to do." He now took her hand which held the engagement ring with both his hands and looked deep into her eyes.

"What I do care about and want in a wife is someone who is loving and supportive. Someone strong enough to pick me up when I fall down and to back me up when I need it. Abigale... If you can be that for me than that's all I truly need in the end and I promise to be that person for you. To be the one to protect you and love you. Hold you and support you. But I too need to know what is best for you. What you need or expect from a husband. I know I will make mistakes but I will do my best to be the best because you are all that matters to me now Abigale." Several tears of hopeless love began to run down his face. "I love you." He said. His life had never been any better ever before in his entire life. For the first time ever he was happy to be trapped in this world. Sure he accepted it and enjoyed his time in Aincrad but this moment was the first time he ever felt truly happy and thankful to be stuck here.

By now Aincrad was covered in a complete night sky. The skies above were blanketed in bright stars and swirling galaxies. It was a beautiful sight. As perfect a night as any for him and Nikki to spend time together. Miaki gazed up at the sky and looked down at some of the catwalks below. For a moment he thought he saw a player of a small stature watching them from a distance. He glanced at Nikki then back to where the player was. "Is that an information broker watching us?" He asked himself for a moment. He discarded the thought thinking it could be just some passerby. His mind was too focus on his new fiance to be distracted by meaningless thoughts.

Nikki had figured she could learn the basics of being a wife if she needed to, but was thrilled to hear that Miaki liked her more for who she was rather than for what she could do. She smiled at him holding his hand again. In truth if he asked she would be more than willing to learn to cook or anything really, just so long as she still kept fighting, with him by her side. "I promise I will order all the best food for us" She said happily as she gave his a squeeze.

She gave a happy sigh before taking another bite of her food. this was followed by a sip of wine before she pulled her hand free to look at the ring again. It was beautiful, and must have cost Miaki a lot of money to get. She hoped that she would be worth it and that he wouldn't regret his choices. "I just want you to be with me. I don't want to be alone anymore. Mistakes will happen and we can work through them, but so long as we stay together things will be perfect," That was all she had wanted from a husband, someone to be with her and stick around through thick and thin. Everything else would come with time.

Nikki noticed that something had caught Miaki's eye and she turned to look. However she noticed nothing out of the ordinary, a few NPC's and a few players, nothing unique. Perhaps he was just worried, with all this Vile business going on it was easy to see why people would be a little extra cautious. She smiled again taking his hand and leaning over the table to give him another quick kiss to set his mind at ease. She couldn't wait to get him back to her place. To take him to his new home.

-Complete-