[SP-F2] Lord of the Speed

Keith broke off at top speed through Floor 8. He ran fast, faster than anyone could pick up. He skidded to a slide as he came to the door of Floor 7. He sprinted through and ran down the game. This was his daily running routine. To keep his speed at tip-top shape, and because he just loved running. He made the run through more floors and before he knew it, he was at Floor 2. He slid to a halt and yawned. "Yeesh... Today's run is going great! Might as well hang out for a while."

Keith walked through the forested region, tamping down his hair which had gotten ruffled up from his intense running. people usually asked why his hair looked so messy and shaggy, well, this was why. He walked through the town on Floor 2, stepping on the brick road until something caught his eye. A poster on the side of a building had bright coloring on it. Keith walked over, and looked.

"Race for the fastest player in Aincrad? Be there or be square..." Keith read aloud, looking at the paper. "Alright! this is my kinda contest! Here I come!" He said, throwing aside the paper and getting into a run position, then rocketing off at full speed, leaving the paper to flap about wildly.

After a while of running, Keith came to a vast valley, with a long black track winding around it. Keith whistled as he slid down the side of the bowl-like depression. "I heard there was a race here?" Keith asked, as a lot of people talked and pointed to him. "Um... What's up?" Keith asked, scratching his neck.

Keith tilted his head as he looked around. "Well, It's kind of rare to see a Maverick hunter on these lower floors." One girl said, as people muttered in agreement. "Plus, it's rare to see the Blue Blader down here too!" boy added, people agreeing. Keith rolled his eyes and shrugged. "Well, look, I came to have a race, not to meet n' greet with some fans."

People talked for a while, and then an old man came out, looking up at Keith. "So, I understand you think you're fast, hm?" The old man said. Keith nodded excitedly and replied. "Yup! I'm as fast as they come, gramps!" The old man chuckled and turned around. "No... I'm afraid my grandson is much faster than you. Sorry, boy, you best head home."

Keith cringed and looked at the old man. "...What? You're just gonna say he's faster and walk away? Why not put your money where your mouth is, gramps? I'll race him right here, right now." The old man raised an eyebrow and looked at Keith. "You are confident, aren't you? Well, I guess you'll just have to live knowing you're second best, then. Dash!" He yelled, and out from a house came a tall boy in tight, sleek armor. With a helmet shaped for pure speed. Keith squinted and saw that neither the old man nor Dash had player cursors, so they must have been NPCs.