[PP-F5] The Traveler [Extra-Skill Quest]

« Link . . . Start ! »

LinkStart_zpsaa719e4e.jpg

"Thanks for letting me tag along, guys! I really apprecia-...oh, you're, uh...leaving, huh? So...so soon?!"

It was abundantly clear that the party Raab had latched onto, in some hopeless attempt to garner some sort of mutual-sense of player loyalty, was not at all interested in helping the newbie with any of the quests on Floor 5. Raab kicked at the ground as his once thought-to-be-trusted allies walked through the main gates of the «Teleportation Plaza», never to be seen or heard from again (by Raab). The player's outburst produced a cloud of dust and sand that instantly got caught in a passing breeze, shooting the microscopic specks of debris straight back into Raab's face, blinding him for a few moments before regaining what little composure he had to begin with.

"Now...let's see, here. The message said Floor 5...and..."

Raab brought up the note he had made in his «Player's Journal» regarding a certain «Mysterious Cloaked Figure», and that she might have something valuable for players that can help her out of an "unfortunate situation." Luckily, Raab had brushed up on the mob information and environment modifiers unique to Floor 5. In the information provided by the «Beginner's Guidebook», Floor 5's main settlement, Armadillo, is where most of the player and non-player populations reside. Other settlements are scattered across the floor, though they are few and far between The Lost, a vast expanse of desert specially designed for the fifth floor. Raab knew that he was going to have to first find the woman described in the bulletin message and obtain the quest; hopefully then a nearby player would catch wind of the event and want whatever loot the NPC would provide. That kind of incentive was fair enough for Raab to be willing to offer the loot to whichever player or players decided to help out. Hopefully his courtesy would not go unnoticed.

"Alright...Armadillo...looks like we're gonna' get to know each other real well."

Raab cracked his neck to both sides before stepping onto the bustling streets of Floor 5's main settlement, Armadillo. Hopefully it wouldn't be too long before the young player could manage to discover a lead as to the whereabouts of the mysterious NPC.

I rubbed my eyes and yawned. The sun had just came up in the world of Aincrad, another day in here. I was going to make the best of each day in this world, it was a new experience for me. I know most players complain about the horrors Aincrad has to offer but I've decided to go where ever the artificial wind takes me. As I got up I stretched my arms and went straight for the kitchen. I munched on some leftover bread from last night and went to go change. I was going on a quest today on the Fifth floor. A mysterious woman was apparently looking for her lost items in the dessert but was too sick to continue. Or at least that's what I heard. I have also decided to look for party members. This was yet another task that dawned on me today.

When I stepped outside I was wearing my plain white tee and a pair of black tight fitting pants. On my feet I wore my heavy duty boots and thin socks. I left this time without a coat and left my dark purple, almost black, hair down. I walked all the way to the fountain in the <> before teleporting to Floor 5. When I got onto Floor 5 I immediately recognized the woman's dark cloak and practically ran to her.

"Eh-...Oh, hey! Excuse me. Would you happen to know anything abou-...t."

The disgruntled player ripped his trademark goggle from off his forehead, only to then slam against the dusty ground of the settlement known as «Armadillo». Raab had been information-hunting for about an hour already, the efforts of which proved to be of no help in the slightest of forms. Anything anyone knew of a cloaked woman and a quest was what he had already learned from the bulletin's message. Regaining his composure, Raab bent at the waist and snatched his goggles from the ground. Their once pristine condition had been soiled by the sand and dirt of «Armadillo's» desert environment-type. It was, however, nothing that a few wipes with a sleeve couldn't remedy. Raab returned his goggles to their rightful throne atop his head, serving as a sort of newbie's crown in many regards. The player couldn't help but smile in that moment...though he wasn't entirely sure why.

"Well, nothing here."

Raab turned a heel and immediately headed back towards the «Teleportation Gate» located at the front of the city. The young adventurer figured he would pose a few more inquiries about the whereabouts of the «Mysterious Cloaked Figure» and her lost cargo. However, before he could get a word out, Raab noticed a young woman running straight out into the street from the first floor gate. She seemed to be making a b-line for a particular vendor or...was it something else?

"Well I'll be..."

Raab immediately took off towards the same location this other player had clearly figured out. Raab managed to quicken his pace ever so slightly, forcing his body beyond its limits so that he could reach the «Mysterious Cloaked Figure» at the same exact time.

Almost...there...!

"Hello, players «Mayonaka» and «Raab». Do you accept 'The Traveler' side-quest?"