[PP-F1] Beginner's Blade (Pi x Oske)

Spires of rock dotted the grassy plains, and the sound of water could be heard more clearly as one drew further away from the starting city. Pools of water glittered under the sun, held in structures that blossomed out over a vast canyon, suspended in a manner normally impossible by known physics. Such was the norm in a game.

A woman clad in white and red stood in the distance, billowing pink hair like a cape, her own reflection smiling against the rippling water in front of her. The yellow question mark that floated above her head was the only hint that she might not be a player; indeed, this npc turned and with her preset dialog gave a smile.

"Hello there, perhaps you would like to duel with me?" She sounded friendly enough, and the duel icon stood waiting for acceptance or decline. Perhaps it wouldn't hurt to introduce oneself to the npc. A duel wouldn't harm the player, after all.

Oske approached the NPC, her hands close to her chest. She almost had the stature of a squirrel, nervous and shy. She stared at the question mark at first, then the duel icon. She slowly reached out her finger, hovering over the button. She paused. This won't hurt me. I don't need to be afraid. I can handle this! Oske took another deep breath, then pressed the accept button.