[SP- F2] Unbreakable eh? (Complete)

Accepting that SAO would be his life until the game was completed, Saito began to search for any and all resources that he could before they were all used up. The wind grazed against his cheeks, tips of his hair tickled his ear as the wind took them away. On the first floor he heard myths of a Large boulder that was different than the rest in Aincrad. It would not react to swords, spears, or axes. This alone was enough to peak Saito's interest, plus his MMORPG knowledge lead him to believe that there is much more than meets the eye. Anytime something seems out of the ordinary in a created realm means someone created it for a reason. This motivated him to find a tactical advantage over the rest of the players. Though they were not all his enemy's, things can always turn for the worse and dying simply wasn't an option.

The rocky terrain tested his resolve as he was completely unaware of where this boulder was. Dedicated to finding it, he followed the trail until darkness began to grasp at the sky above. Toggling his HUD, as if he was going to see the in game time, a wall appeared before him. Had it not been for the transparent HUD he could have walked into it. No not Saito, he would have missed it regardless, his pride constantly boosting his own ego.

That's when it finally set it, the wall was not smooth and happened to be directly in the path in which he was walking. That sheer fact confirmed that it was a game development, not a glitch, that this rock was meant to be broken to continue to something great. Instinctively Saito's right hand reached up to his shoulder to grab the hilt of his basic longsword.

We still can't find weaponry that will affect that rock! Maybe it's deffective!

Remembering the lore of this great rock he clinched his fist tightly. They are looking for the perseverance it takes to survive this world, get ready rock your about to see it! Pulling his right elbow behind his back he drew his punch back. One swift motion, his right foot slid back and Saito pivoted using his own body weight launching his fist at the boulder.

Squeezing his eyes shut as his fist connected with the rock was not the most creative thing Saito had ever attempted. For once he found his fear of the unknown held his forceful punch back as it grazed the wall. This first Unsuccessful encounter was all he needed to spark his "Never surrender"attitude. Saito began to analyze the gigantic rock in front of him, something he should have done from the start. Looking around there was mostly rocks and hills, not a tree insight to gain a vantage point on this situation. The shade pulled a wool over his eyes that kept him from being able to completely take in all the available information around him.

Saito could either wait til day light, which could bring new competition but also brings the precious sense of sight back, or he could battle this huge monstrosity in the dark without having any new information. Saito smirked as he whispered to himself, "It's the times spent alone in the dark that your true self is revealed..."His smirk morphed into an evil grin, "...what an unlucky rock." his eyes widened as he readied himself for another attack. Sliding his foot back again the dirt rose creating a cloud that muddled his vision even more.

"Ahhhh!!" his growl grew with each second as he began swinging recklessly at the boulder once more.

Panting heavily he realized that this was going to be a lot harder than he thought. It seemed as if he was not making any progress on this miserable slate. Maybe he was ill equipped to face this rock. That was it, he was not fully utilizing his equipment, everything in his inventory was an asset. The tactician within took over,"Okay you mindless brute, we tried it your way, how about a creative twist to give you an edge.."

Speaking aloud to himself was something Saito did every since he was a boy. One of his best senses was his hearing, and being able to hear something over reading it allowed it to sink in and be better processed. Impulsively his right hand reached for his hilt once more, but this time his fingers grasped it swiftly and unsheathed his blade. Turning his back to the rock Saito brought his hands together with the sword facing the ground and drove it into the soil.

" No more sliding around in the dirt, you and me are going to have a grudge match, I will take you down." Catching his breathe and bracing his heel against the flat part of the blade for support, Saito began his barrage of calculated strikes! Exhaling on each strike, waiting and watching to see if this new tactic was making an impact.

Chunks of the giant rock began flying all around him, the force advantage he gained from using his sword to push off was incredible. The sadistic smile residing on his face mixed with genuine happiness as he realized this was possible, this rock is falling apart at his hands and he was not stopping any time soon. The more he continued swinging the faster shards of this boulder were flying past his face.

His progress soon came to a halt as the rock was now out of his reach from destroying what he could with his new found leverage. His arms were fatigued, his body told him, You THINK you are fatigued, you are not!"

Catching his breathe he tried not to fall out of rhythm, walking forward he pulled his right fist back and punched where he had deemed the rock to be the weakest. He was no longer alternating hands just simply pulling his right fist back and plumbing the same spot.

Chunks of the Giant boulder no longer were flying off but the continuous attacks seemed to be paying off. Peering through the dark, lines began appearing on the rock, his ears picked up a cracking noise as the cracks began to grow with each on going strike. The adrenalin was racing through Saito's mind blurring his ability to think and act clearly. The excitement of being the first person out of the thousands left to get to a new area of Aincrad just fueled his flurry of attacks. Now throwing kicks knees and elbows his body could not move fast enough to appease him.

Finally his arms began weighting down his punches. He could only trick his body so long before his level one stamina got the best of him. Making this much progress and failing was not an option. He had to finish this tonight, in the dark, or others would steal and claim the glory for themselves. More importantly they would gain the tactical advantages of knowing what was past this giant boulder. That was simply unacceptable.

Squatting down to regain himself Saito took deep breathes while resting his elbows on this thighs. This world seems so real, this struggle with my barehands seems more realistic than brawling in my high school. My body is physically exhausted as if I was truly breaking rocks with my hands. Occasionally Saito found his thoughts running away with themselves, creating images and memories of his old life before SAO, every morning it became harder and harder to recall details of the outside world.

His eyes began adjusting. Either my eyes are finally getting used to the dark after hours of exhaustion or....huh! The skies were becoming shades lighter before his eyes. The urgency that he would be discovered and someone else would finish his work stressed him greatly. His back arched straight as he brought his body to a standing position. He needed to find a way to put this rock out of it's misery. Reaching for his sword, he grabbed the hilt, planning to move it closer to the rock and continue his onslaught. It wasn't moving, he must have tired himself out so much that he couldn't pull his own blade from the ground.

Panic began to tickle his consciousnesses as he tried to find a solution to this disastrous problem. As he kicked the sword out of anger he realized it didn't even budge. That's it! steadying himself using the hilt he stepped up onto the hilt of his sword with his right foot. Standing ever so slowly as to ensure he wouldn't fall he stared at the big cracked, beaten rock ahead of him. With one great leap he jumped extending his right hand toward the rock with his right knee drawn into his chest and his left leg trailing behind him.

His fist made contact with the giant boulder, the world around him soon fell on deaf ears. Completely lost in his strike, he felt as if he was frozen in time. His fist glued to the boulder and he simply starred at the back of his fist. A blinding light peered into his eyes as the cracks instantly grew and the rock shattered before him. boulder chunks fell all around him as he landed on his right foot and left knee. The peering light was the sun that the boulder was once blocking. A nights dark battle turned into a morning's victory.

Saito wanted so much to stand up and just look over the rubble, his curiosity was beyond ecstatic but he could not move. Both of his fists hit the soil as he leaned forward and arched his back trying to catch his breath. Finally once again his body and mind enabled him to accomplish something that other deemed to be impossible.

His creative thinking processes recognized the special circumstance, and allowed him to adapt his strategies time and time again to help him find a solution that consolidated his stubborn pride.

"hahaha..." For the first time in a long time Saito found himself truly amused. He hadn't laughed in what felt like ages, especially since he had launched SAO.

"ROARRR" A gurgling roar came blew his hair and shirt towards his legs, bringing his head up he saw a rock golem starring him down. It was about five feet tall, vertical and horizontal lines crossed around it's core creating a checkered chest piece. Its arms seemed to lack mobility because they seemed to only move vertical.

"ROAARRR" it echoed as it took a step closer, Saito stumbled back, catching himself on his sword. Again he humored the idea that he could draw it from the stone though he could not minutes ago. The Golem guardian approached and Saito was now fearing the possibility of a microwave oven to his brain...

Golem Guardian HP 3/4

Saito Jorn(Level x2 +3) HP 7/7

Dragging it's right stump, the Golem seemed to be injured, It's possible that the attacks that lead to the rock cracking lead injured this monster. Saito squinted to read the golems health bar. Golem Guardian HP 3/4, normally Saito wouldn't worry about a single monster, but the fact he no longer had his sword was a bit bothersome. Though if the weapons didn't work on the original rock barrier, who is to say that it would work on this guy anyways.

Wiping the dirt of his chin using the his right sleeve Saito began walking toward the golem. "If you think I wasted all night, to run from a crippled rock, you are sadly mistaken." his walk turned into a quick jog gaining momentum with each step. "Using my body weight has been successful all night, time to take you down a notch!" Saito yelled as he slid through the dirt with his left foot forward. Throwing a punch right toward the Golem's face.

Golem Guardian HP 3/4

Saito Jorn 7/7

Colliding with the Golem's rock hard face, Saito realized it was more than a mere face, rather a rock helmet that protected the guardian. This was not good, Saito left himself completely vulnerable to a counter attack. All the commotion and mixed feelings on destroying this rock were distracting him from seeing that this was a battle hardened golem. Now that he was up close and personal to this tankish figure he could see scrapes on the armor that could be an indicator of other fights with players.

Maybe this golem didn't even get hurt from my assault but was hurt earlier, and now the one weapon I own is stuck into the ground

Realizing that this fight maybe harder than it first appeared The Golem raised his arms up and than within seconds sent them screeching down towards Saito's body

Golem Guardian HP 3/4

Saito Jorn HP 7/7

Dé·jà vu had settled in as the world around him slowed down, the Golem's devastating attack now seems like it could be dodge able. Just as Saito went to jump out of the way he caught a glance of hole in the rock armor of the golem.

"Sometimes we're just unlucky." Saito used his acrobatic skills and jumped up into the air, now towering over the Golem's arms as they slammed into the ground. The hole was small and a fist would not fit within it. Smirking Saito pointed his fingers out straight and chuckled sadistically.

"You better hope you don't re-spawn!" Saito yelled with his smile now stretching ear to ear. Than beginning his descent, his knees were bent, his left hand forward with an open palm, and his right hand pulled back to strike with his pointed fingers. Making contact with the Guardian's shoulder, his left hand grasped the shoulder pad while his knees landed on it's back. One quick motion and Saito's right hand punctured the rock hard armor destroying it's core.

With that the Golem shattered into a bunch of tiny colorful shards that floated up and and disappeared.

****LOOT*****

Left behind was a steel longsword with an embroidered hilt, It was as long as Saito's other sword but not as heavy. Bringing up his HUD to place it safely in his inventory revealed it's name..."Mending soul' upon hovering over the uncommon item, it's ability was revealed: +1 Damage.

Golem Guardian HP 0/4

Saito Jorn HP 7/7

As Saito looked around he realized that all of the rock shrapnel that had fallen in the dark were actually what appeared to be body parts. Saito began glancing around to see if he could match all of the body parts together and see what the bigger picture was. Saito's problem was that his thirst for knowledge always lead him off task. As he reached for what appeared to be a Golem's Foot, it moved.

Saito went to punch the Rock and it flew towards a big pile of rubble from earlier.

"You think you defeated me boy," The deep voice humbled Saito quickly. The rubble began rebuilding itself to a large rock gladiator. with a sword that looked as if a mason had created it. This soldier was not short or stubby. The shield that it had on it's left arm had a Lion carved into it.

"Here i come!" The golem kicked off the ground flying towards Saito without a moments notice.

Saito Jorn HP 9/9

Golem Gladiator HP 8/8

As the Golem lunged towards Saito, He did all he could do to keep himself from bursting into laughter. Ofcourse the rest of the rock that was strong enough to withstand a nights bare knuckle beating, morphed into a rock gladiator that's out for blood.

Saito's renewed confidence was back, thinking about how he was in trouble when the last golem spawned and he took care of that one as well. As the sword came toward him he immediately grabbed his hilt and ripped it from the ground, the dirt flew up towards the gladiator creating a cloud. Realizing this golem is made of a material his sword has no affect on, Saito places the tip of his sword on the hilt of the gladiators and completes a swinging motion. This leads to the gladiators sword flying up in the air and landing in the ground near Saito.

"HOW DARE YO-" As the gladiator roared Saito closed his eyes lunged forward striking the golem back. He lost track of the number of somersaults he had done.

Saito Jorn HP 9/9

Golem Gladiator HP 5/8

"You know, this game tries to psych you out. Kayaba creates floor after floor of hell for us to climb. Why would I be surprised that there are waves after waves of obstacles." Saito strutted over towards the gladiator, mildly bluffing but at the same time confident it his words. "Time to put an end to this. I;m going to send you back to your miserable creator."

Saito jabbed his sword forward trying to catch the gladiators shield in the hopes of disarming him.

Saito's blade caught the arm band of the Gladiator and swung it off towards his sword, the sword slipped from Saito's hand but he no longer cared about that weapon. It had served it's purpose, disarming the gladiator. Lifting his right foot up he stomped the chest of the gladiator and it was a critical strike taking away a huge chunk of it's health.

"You are nothing more than a task I have set my mind to, and using my own body I will crush you!" Saito yelled. The gladiator pushed his foot up causing Saito to become unbalanced. Pushing it's body up he lunged with his first towards Saito's chest cavity.

Saito Jorn HP 9/9

Golem Gladiator HP 2/8

The gladiators quick counter attack landed in Saito's chest hurling him back into the shield he had recently disarmed. Being struck for the first time in this fight was refreshing, it also reminded him that he was mortal.

Grabbing the shield Saito arose steadying himself. It might have been one punch, but the stone knuckles definitely made a strong impact.

Saito raised the shield in defense as he tried to catch his breath.

Saito Jorn HP 8/9

Golem Gladiator HP 2/8

After merely blinking, The gladiator sprinted towards Saito and dove connecting his shoulder to the shield knocking Saito down again. This seemed to be a bad trend that was continuing. If he was not careful and didn't watch his health bar he could be in big trouble.

Saito tried to shake the blurred vision back into focus. When he did he saw The gladiator retrieving his sword. If he retrieves that weapon and you are without one you're going to die. MOVE!

Saito struggled to his feet. Forcing his body to it's physical limits for over twelve hours had him truly exhausted. If this was back in the real world his body would have quit on him.

Saito's glance was met by a duel wielding gladiator.

Saito Jorn HP 7/9

Golem Gladiator HP 2/8

Swinging Saito's sword and his own the gladiator stepped closer, the gap between them dwindling away, and so was the window of opportunity to Saito to take down this monster.

"Just a task huh, how the tides have shifted." The gladiator quirked as it glared down Saito. "Kill a Golem who's sole purpose it to fix me up after combat and suddenly you think you're untouchable." The gladiator taunted.

Drawing his swords back for a devastating strike Saito braced for impact.

Saito Jorn HP 7/9

Golem Gladiator HP 2/8

Saito always found himself rising to the challenge. He shifted the shield on to his right arm and sidestepped between the swords as they collided into the ground. Saito drew his right arm up and slammed it down on both of the gladiator's wrists causing him to drop the swords. The golem stumbled back as Saito followed up with a straight right. Only this time it had a horizontal shield connecting to it's head taking it's feet out from under it.

Saito Jorn HP 7/9

Golem Gladiator HP 1/8

BOOM the guardian's body made the ground shake. "You are only level three, my programming says you can't defeat me." The golem muttered. Saito couldn't tell if that is how monsters plead for their existence or if this was a glitch in the system.

"I am not a simple statistic in your parameters, I am the crimson duelist and I will not be outsmarted or out dueled by a monster with no concept for tact or strategy." Saito spoke calmly as if he was aware of something the guardian was not. Dropping the shield Saito stood over the Guardian. "I no longer wish to hear anything, just know if you have to report any parameters of this fight to Kayaba, you let him know that you were defeated by a level three swordsman who used his bare hands."

"YOU CANT D-" The last effort to tell Saito what he could not do was cut short by a punch that shattered the gladiators armor and exposed his regeneration orb. Squeezing it like a water balloon it exploded in his hands along with the remaining rubble of rock that was dispersed all over the path.

Saito Jorn HP 7/9

Golem Gladiator HP 0/8

Gathering himself Saito grabbed his sword and sheathed it on his back. Looking around the path looked untouched, the purpose of this roadblock must have been HUGE. Saito began walking down the path to find what he believed was one of the best kept secrets in Aincrad. A long walk soon brought him to what appeared to be an old bridge.

This is getting good.

Upon crossing the bridge Saito saw a town that seemed to already have inhabitants, actually it seemed like the main city he came from earlier.

I must have missed something, I need to go back, there is no way there was a fight that intense to open up a mere shortcut back to the city.

Saito searched ever scrap, behind every rock, (wearily he moved each rock) and he there was nothing to be found. Replaying all of the events that transpired over the last twenty four hours Saito couldn't believe that this hardship was for nothing. A grueling test of ability that could have lead to his death was simply used to create a shortcut.

The more Saito thought about this adventure the more he began to evaluate his self worth. Breaking an unbreakable rock without using a weapon in incredible. Fighting two golems made of the same material and triumphing over both with minimal injuries, impressive. Realizing that he can contest and cause maximum damage with his bare hands, truly remarkable. Maybe that's the investment of his time and efforts. A task that many would veer away from, the only task that would require you not to use the weapon to train with, to allow you to wield your body. The more Saito thought about it the more he realized that this was well worth the struggle...