[PP-FL1] Many things come to pass (Echo)

The ding of the HUD came on as I went through the list of inventory. Going down the list. Sword, Sword, Armor, And at the bottom was the last roll I had. I was hesitant on clicking it with my finger. Bing. The roll then appeared in my hand. A wheat roll. I brought it to my mouth, but I didn't take a bite as I looked down. Almost all of my vision changed to be that of when I was sitting at the kitchen table before the game came out. Jasmine and her parents over to my house with my own parents. My brother, Morna, Walking up to me with a hand on my shoulder and saying something, But I could not hear him. I then looked around as Jasmine's face went red and her parents and my own laughed. I could not control my actions but I smiled and shook my head. Taking a bite of the roll that was given to us for dinner that night.

*CRUNCH*

I almost spit out the food as it was hard as tack. I would know since my brother had been training to join the military. Tack. A form of bread that was baked to be hard and last a long time on the shelf. We even had tack in our emergency kit at home. But the image faded from my site as the roll was not the soft ones my mother made. I was tired, hungry, and angry. But under all of that, I was in misery. Seeing your friends die when you knew them from the Real world outside the game, only to die here. I had killed people in games before, but the thought of actually killing people in the game before, I never thought of. Now, I would love to kill the men who slit Jasmine's throat, stabbed Adam, and pushed Yusauna off the cliff that we were training on.

I was getting mad. Taking the roll, I threw it at the street from the bench I was sitting on. Letting the artificial food bounce down a few times before bursting in a flash of rainbow flakes and shapes. I let my head slip down to my chest and covered my eyes with the semi-long black hair. I tried to hide the tear that I could feel trying to leave, and I was successful of doing so. I got up in a rush bumping into some guy walking along his way and to move away from here. Every step I took was a Lie. I was a lie. I just stood there as my friends were killed, and ran when they came for me. I was not brave to fight for them. I was a waste.

Moving on, I prayed to whatever higher being there was in the world, asking for help, even if I felt I didn't want or need it.

At the central plaza, I sat there staring at the fountain. Today, I felt like I didn't know who I was anymore. I have been in this death game for so long, but I never questioned what I've done before I got here. "Who am I? What did I do before all of this. I'm a senior in high school, and.. and?" I said to myself, clenching my fists. I start to close my eyes, and listen to the water in the fountain. I had a sort of vision of that same girl I've been having. I couldn't see her face, nor hear her voice. I wanted to say something, but it was like seeing myself front someone's point of view. The person I see is me, and he went over to the girl to give her something. I tried to see what it was, but suddenly woke up.

From the side, I could hear someone spitting. I could see the misery on that player's face, and I stood up. What's wrong with this player? I guess there's no way of asking, I'll just hurt him even more. I thought to myself, as I walk away. From behind me, there was a piece of bread rolling towards me. It shattered into million of polygons, and I took a look at the direction it came from. It was from the player before.

He started to take off towards my direction, and bumped into me. "Hey, slow down man. What's going on with you?" I asked the player with a concerned tone. I picked up the player, and dusted him off. "I know you feel pain, and I want to help you out." I said to him, and offer my hand to shake. "My name is Eden, and my in-game name is Echo." I greeted the player. I never gave out my name to any player, but he needed the helping hand.

Walking into someone. The guy helped me up from falling when I had bumped into him. He was rather forwards about wanting to know what was wrong with me, and wanting to help me. I clammed up and shook my head with a sigh. People have been here just as long as I have, and I have no skills, or names or titles to show that I had been useful. Even introducing him as Eden out of game, and Echo. Looking up to his name bar, I could see his level and name. The usual full heath that everyone had around here as well.

Um. Hello I tried to walk past him, just to move around him, but I could feel that the way this man acted, he would sidestep me to get his answer. I um... I'm Nickolas Deciding that I would have to be nice right now, I handed my hand out to him. Greeting him with a not so enthusiastic attitude. I gave a firm handshake, but nothing more. Why would you want to know? Shouldn't you be doing something else rather than dealing with a low level? Let alone a Soloplayer. I chuckled nervously as I was kind of putting myself down.

Even looking at him, I could see a man behind him turn around. And then Adam was there. Smiling at me as though nothing had ever happened. He walked towards me and then vanished as he reached out to me and made contact with the real world person of Echo. I shook my head trying to rid my mind of him, Sorry did you say something?

Nickolas didn't give me a good enough attitude, but he had his reasons. We gave each other a firm handshake, but nothing more. I gave him a smile, and motioned him over to the bench. "Nickolas.. That's a nice name." I said, as I took a seat with him. Why would you want to know? Shouldn't you be doing something else rather than dealing with a low level? Let alone a Soloplayer. I clenched onto the handle of the bench. "Why? Because I need to.. I don't care if you're solo player, let alone a low level." I said with arrogance in my voice.

He gave me a weird expression, and shook his head. Sorry, did you say something? I backed up a bit, and gave him a confused expression. "N--No I didn't." I said with a concern tone. I shook it off, and said "So, tell me why you're upset right now." I said, still gripping the handle of the bench.

The man Echo was nice I guess, but he was alittle but too forthcoming than what I normally was. While we had sat down on a bench just over to the one that I had been sitting at less than a minute ago, He asked if he could help me. And from his actions to the way I had asked him if he had said anything, he might think I was a little crazy. I rubbed my hands on my pant legs as he asked if there was something wrong. A small part of me wanted to simply come out and say that I felt like a failure and wanted revenge, but the other side won over in me just mentioning that I now had no more food, and was literally broke. If I had any Col, it was probably because I had just forgotten about it.

Swallowing a lump in my throat I answered him I have no form of money, not a scrap of food, and... I was kind of stupid for throwing that roll. I could have eaten it, but I threw it because I wanted to stay away from the feelings of a lier and a coward. I don't have anything to make up for my time that I waisted here. I have little skill so I can hardly fend for myself, and having onl standard gear. I shook my head with a sad smile. Trying to stand up and walk away. Look I am sorry to have wasted your time. I just don see how you could help me when all I do is complain.

I wan- no needed help, but I kept telling my self I did not deserve it. I was too headstrong to realize that this man could have gone through the same if not worse things than myself. Nor do I realize that many others who I had not bumped into would have done the same as this man. This is probably a one in a billion chance to get something, but I was just to impaitent to just sit down and even sit with Eden or Echo or whatever he wanted to call himself.

"So Col, and food is your only concern? Also everyone complains, but that won't stop me from helping them out." I asked, knowing he still had something on his mind. I stood up, and looked at the sky above. "I really want to help you, Nickolas. Its hard to help, if you don't tell me." I said, as I took a seat. The feeling of losing someone rushed through my mind, and I shook it off. The feeling soon came back, and I had the eagerness to ask. "D--Did you lose someone close to you, Nickolas?" I asked, as I grip on the handle of the bench. The feeling of losing someone struck me in the heart, and I held onto my chest tight.

I glanced over to Nickolas, "If help is what you need, I'm here offering you my help. I'm not leaving until you feel much better." I said to him. I didn't know what I was thinking, but I had to help him. He's a person in need of help, and I'm not asking for anything back. I'm giving to the community, but if they turn away my offer. I'll chase them down until they never feel alone. "You won't be alone, when I'm around." I said to him, as I look straight ahead.

Echo pointing out that Col and food running low was not something new. Nor was the complaining. Growing up in a family that was all about survival of the fittest, I had learned that not everybody will help you. So I grew up fast. Cooking full meals at the age of eight years old. Learning how to fire my old man's guns when I was merely six years old. If there was a problem with something I had, I learned to fix it. In this game? in this time? it was different. I really was alone here because I didn't know how to fix.... whatever it was.

The continuation of Echo wanting to help me, saying more for it being hard to help with no information. I didn't answer him. Fearful that if I did, I would be considered a coward. I just hoped that I could have fought back. And when the words struck home of losing someone. I sat down. His voice was asking not because he thought it was a possible outcome, but because he most likely dealt the same things. I could feel my jaw get tight as I wanted to keep my mouth shut. Not saying a word as he continued more. Saying he would not let me be alone.

I shook my head. Giving in somewhat. Not someone. Looking up at him I held up three fingers. Pointing out that it was more than one person. The one that kept coming back the most was Jasmine. Because I knew her face outside of the game before we got stuck here. She and I had some of the same classes together Freshman year in highschool. That's how we met. She had dropped her pencil, and I picked it up for her as we were both late getting to the same class. She was new and so I covered her by saying that I was trying to help her find her way when we ended up on the wrong side because of her.

I could feel my heart clench up as I shook my head. Three of them killed by Player killers. Draw you in with a green, and ambush you with oranges. I stopped myself before I spoke anymore. Wishing I could touch the necklace that she had given me for my birthday. First time we kissed as well. Kind of hard to forget about that. I turned away from his eyesight. Hiding my face with my black hair. Fresh. I was not going to talk any more about it.

Not someone. Nickolas said, as I gave him a confused expression. He then held up three fingers, and from confused to shock. He lost more than just one person, and I just made him more uncomfortable. I hung my head down, as my silver hair cover my eyes. "Three.. I see. I never lost anyone I know so far, but the feeling of someone I lost is just around the corner. I can feel I'm going to lose someone, but at the same time I don't know if I have anyone to lose." I said, giving him a weak smile. There is a mysterious girl I need to look for, and I don't know if she's trapped in here with me.

I could feel my heart pounding, as I continue to think about the girl. Three of them killed by Player Killers. I heard escape Nickolas' mouth. I clench onto the handle, and look over to my left hand. "I killed someone as well, but he was a maverick. It was to kill or be killed." I said, as tears rush down my cheeks. I stop myself for a moment, and wipe the tears away from my cheek. "Nickolas.. I'm sorry about your loss. I wish I could have done something if I were there." I said, as I wish this game has never started.

With Echo showing sympathy to me, I shook my head. He felt as though he lost someone, but he doesn't even know who! I didn't know what was worse. Not knowing who was dead yet they haunted you, or knowing someone enough to love them and have them die before your eyes. Looking up, I could see that he had been doing the same that I had a few seconds ago.

I nodded my head. And smiled as I spoke. Makes you want to fight something just to feel like a guy again. I stood up and looked at him. What is in the past is in the past. We need to learn to move on and continue with our lives. I flicked through my HUD to have my sword appear on my back. Wanna talk on the way to go and kill something?

I could feel that both of us had some connection. And maybe by fleshing it out, We could work together.

I agree with Nickolas, and nodded at him. "Haha, I agree we should fight something." I said, as I stood up. "There's just some things I can't leave behind." I said, as I quickly materialize Fury's Echo. "Come on! Let's go slay some monsters." I said, as the wind breeze blow my hair. I flash him a smile, as we took off towards the grasslands.

Nickolas.. I feel that I've created a bond with you. I thought to myself, as I we head towards the grasslands.

As Echo stood up to say that it would be good in killing something that could actually spawn back to life, I nodded my head as he had his sword materialize onto his own back. Nodding my head to him as it was clear this blade was different, I smiled as we walked to the plains. Asking along the way. Where could I get a sword like that? nit really asking fo his, but just something better than a standard straight sword. If I was goig to be able to fight, I needed something to go along with my skills. As well as my attitude.

Still somewhat thinking to myself I smiled If he is really going to help me, then I guess just one friend will not do. And I will not forget this anytime soon. this may turn out to be a good day afterall. Let's just hope that this was true.

As we make our way to the grasslands, I spot three Frenzy Boars and stop our tracks. "Nickolas, I know you feel like a coward and all. You need to promise me one thing, if anything goes wrong I want you to run. I don't want to see you getting into some deep trouble." I said, as I clench the handle of my sword. I drew it in front of me, and turn towards him. "If you feel like staying till the end, you must not die on me." I said with a smile, as I take off towards the Frenzy Boar. I leap into the air, and down towards the Frenzy Boar.

I threw my sword down at the Frenzy Boar, and slam my weight against it. I yank my sword out, as I leap back to Nickolas. "Your turn, Nickolas." I said, as I sheathe my sword.

Party:

» Echo [35/35 HP]

» Nickolas [9/9 HP]

Enemy:

» Frenzy Boar [2/5 HP]

» Frenzy Boar [5/5 HP]

» Frenzy Boar [5/5 HP]

While we walked further the had been made apparent. Three of them against two. While we had the more element of surprise, Echo Attacked. I let his words run in my head of running if anything went wrong. But I shook my head. There was no way that I would let him die. Yes I was scared sometimes, but I would not leave.

I didn't even wait for Echo's words before I attacked the boar that he did. Coming up along the side and sweeping at the boars feet and then coming down on the center of the back. Now it was time to prepare for another as the three boars charged us

Party:

Echo [35/35]

Nickolas [9/9]

Enemy:

Frenzy Boar [2/5 HP]

Frenzy Boar [5/5 HP]

Frenzy Boar [5/5 HP]

Nickolas attempted to attack the Frenzy Boar, but the Frenzy Boar was able to evade his attack. He's not as strong as me, but I'm not that strong at all. I unsheathe my sword, and ran towards the Frenzy Boar once again. I know now that even when everything will go down, he'll be there to with me till the bitter end.

I dash around the Frenzy Boar, and stuck my sword into its back. As I pull my sword out, I was able to slash its back once more before heading back towards Nickolas. The battle will be over soon, and all we need is time. Now I prepare myself for the attack the Frenzy Boars might unleash.

Party:

» Echo [35/35 HP]

» Nickolas [9/9 HP]

Enemy:

» Frenzy Boar [2/5 HP]

» Frenzy Boar [2/5 HP]

» Frenzy Boar [5/5 HP]

• 4 weeks later...

The second boar that he attacked had made it's hit. He was very good and seemed to know what he was doing. While I was not so great. Taking my standard sword, I rushed the third boar, but stopped as the first one came for me. It was much faster than I expected, Charging me, I had only enough time to block the oncoming attack. I could see my health drain down just a little, but as soon as that was done, I pushed the boar back and launched my own attack as my sword came down on it's head.

Party:

» Echo [35/35 HP]

» Nickolas [7/9 HP]

Enemy:

» Frenzy Boar [1/5 HP]

» Frenzy Boar [2/5 HP]

» Frenzy Boar [5/5 HP]