[PP-F1] More Than Acquaintances? (Setsuko and Mayonaka)

With a smile on my face I walked through the town. It had been only yesterday I met the girl by the name of Setsuko. She was stubborn, and almost like me personality wise, which made me like her. Setsuko seemed like a nice girl under her "barrier" she kept up. Today would be the day I would find out if she accepted me as more than an acquaintance. The sun gleamed high in the sky, it was a little bit past noon in Aincrad, a beautiful day indeed. I kept on walking past the bench we met until I reached the fountain in the middle of it all, waiting for her to arrive. I had no doubt that she would come.

Releasing a tired sigh as she passed through a crowd of the thousands of players still inhabiting the the first floor, Setsuko questioned why she was even here. Actually, she knew why she was here: she had made an unlikely acquaintance the day prior, and was currently on her way to the fountain they initially met at. Somehow, after an argument, they were acquaintances. Not only that, but Mayonaka had been Setsuko's first acquaintance within the game. Perhaps it was the fact that they were very much the same that allowed Setsuko to forget about their earlier conflict and meet her a day later. Whatever it is, I hope today isn't too much of a drag.

By the time Setsuko had made it close to the fountain, the crowd had grown thin where she was. Her dark, amber eyes looked through the area until they found Mayonaka, who was standing just a few feet ahead of the bench they had met on. With a mostly toneless, slight chuckle, Setsuko approached her. "Beautiful, isn't it?" She said, her voice only revealing a trace amount of emotions in her words.

Her words, however, were quite true, at least in her opinion. They stood in front of a massive pool enclosed within a circle. At the center of the pool was a fountain, which was currently spouting water. Benches followed along the circle, adjusting as their position changed so they were always facing the center. There were even duck-like creatures, paddling away with their webbed feet in the slightly cold water. Kayaba might have gone a little off the deep end, but I've seen more beautiful places in this world than I ever did in reality. Good job, man.

"So, what are our plans?" She asked, though her eyes were still focused on the water before them.

Yeah it is a nice day. I said, misunderstanding what she was talking about. I was talking about the sky, nothing else. My eyes glanced over to the water spout where Setsuko seemed to be having all of her attention to. When I noticed how nice it was I too did stare at it. The beautiful stone engravings seemed to make a pattern just below where the water came out. It was actually quite interesting to me now.

I thought we would go hunting today if that's okay. We could get you materials to practice on and craft with while I got experience points. I'll be okay giving materials to you, you need them more than I do. I say, proposing the same thing as yesterday.

Mayonaka's eyes had originally been on the sky, which had led Setsuko to figure she didn't understand what she was referring to, but before she could mention it, May had corrected herself. I suppose I don't have to direct your attention towards the fountain now. Lucky me.

With a sigh, Setsuko shook her head at Mayonaka's offer for the second time. "You're better off selling what you find." It was true: as of yet, Setsuko had little success with forging; she was quite infuriated by the lack of use all of her creations had. "But forget that." Setsuko didn't want to give Mayonaka the time she needed to attempt to convince her once again. "Where do you suppose we go hunting?"

Where do I even sell them, and why don't you want the materials? You confuse me Setsuko.

We should start off in the fields with the boars. I said, as if I clued her in on the plan yesterday. Do you have anything to take with you? I asked, a little bored from just sitting there watching the water go by now.

(OOC- Sorry, that was such a short post...)

A smirk grew upon Setsuko's face as Mayonaka asked her if she had anything to bring. "Other than food and water, I've got this." She said and drew her newly crafted rapier from its sheath. A chill traveled through the air, though Setsuko was unaffected by this feeling as the wielder of the blade. "Frostbite, I made it yesterday." Typically, Setsuko wasn't one to gloat, but she was proud of herself for crafting such a fine item.

"Alright, then I suppose it's best we head off." Setsuko said as she began to walk from the fountain to the gate leading out towards the fields.

I looked over the sword in her hands. It was a well crafted rapier, obviously took a long time too. See, I knew you could make something! It's just so pretty, I would kill to have a rapier like that! I gushed as we walked out of the town. The fields seemed to be a little greener than usual, making it look almost unreal. Come to think of it, everything about this day was a little perfect.

It wasn't long after Mayonaka and Setsuko had taken off that they had found themselves surrounded by the luscious green fields. Wow, it really is beautiful out here. Never before had she really taken the time to enjoy the environment around her, but recently, she'd been beginning to leave her shell behind. Beginning, at least; there was still a long way to go. "It's nice outside today, isn't it?" Setsuko said with the positive tone one could assume she even had.

There was a sounder of boar grazing in the fields not too far from the duo. Their red, blaring eyes had always haunted Setsuko; they just seemed too menacing, especially for such a low-leveled, simple creature. Regardless of their appearance, the pigs weren't much of a challenge. "Shall we?" Setsuko said as her hand drifted to the hilt of blade, which she slowly slid out of its sheath, unveiling a certain cold within the air that she knew was present, but immune to herself, as the wielder of the blade. I've come to love that sound. She thought, referring the sound of the unsheathing blade.

Immediately after her unsheathing, she blitzed towards one of the pigs and caught it off guard, thrusting her rapier through its stomach and ripping it back out in a single swift motion. An obnoxious squeal was released from the pig before it turned on its hind feet and faced her, tusks ready for battle.

PLAYERS

Setsuko: 15/15

Mayonaka: 25/25

BD: 6 + 2 (Swift Vambraces; doesn't count towards critical)

DMG: 1 (Hit) + 1 (OHR: R1) + 2 (Frostbite +2 DMG) = 4

ENEMIES

Boar #1: 1/5

Boar #2: 5/5

Boar #3: 5/5

My eyes grazed over the hills of grass until Setsuko pointed out a noise. In the distance a small group of boars walked around like they owned the place. Let''s show 'em! I said, getting into my battle mood. When Setsuko pulled out her rapier I felt a kind of chill go down my spine.That's how I also knew that she crafted that sword well. I pulled my sword from my back and whipped it against the air.Wow, I didn't expect that. I thought when Setsuko ran right into battle and almost completely killed the boar. She was strong than I thought too, especially with that new sword of hers. I ran in front of Setsuko and flashed forward to the boar, countering it's 'attack.'

BD 6+2= 8 {-1 damage}

Mayonaka 25/25

Setsuko: 15/15

ENEMIES

Boar 0/5 DEAD

Boar 5/5

Boar 5/5

As if the game was attempting to balance out the fight between the two players that were drastically superior to the boar they challenged, Setsuko's next combat maneuver failed. She had been dashing towards a second boar, not paying attention to the location of the third, when the third flanked her and tackled her from the side, knocking her down. Taking advantage of the opportunity, the second boar charged directly towards the fallen Setsuko and rammed its tusks directly into her chest before pulling out. A grunt of pain escaped the girl. Damn it, that sucked.

Setsuko rolled back over her shoulder and rose to her feet. With a flick of her wrist, she pointed the rapier up diagonally at the ready, prepared for her next attack.

PLAYERS

Setsuko: 13/15

BD: 2 (Swift Vambraces) + 3 = 5

DMG: 0 (Miss)

ENEMIES

Boar #1: DEAD

Boar #2: 5/5

Boar #3: 5/5

Crap! I don't mean to be a bother but you should really watch where your enemies lie! Also, hold your sword in front of you when you defend! I yelled, being overprotective as usual. I considered Setsuko as a friend, I had to keep her safe now. After she got up I charged forward at the first boar stbbaed right though it.

BD 8+2=10 {-3 damage}

Mayonaka 25/25

ENEMIES

Boar 0/5 DEAD

Boar 2/5

Boar 5/5

Mayonaka had done quite a bit of damage to the second boar they had attacked, but while she had been doing that, the third boar charged Setsuko. Not this time. As it made a full dash towards her, ready to trample right over her after piercing her flesh with its tusks, Setsuko leapt into the air. She shifted her grip on the blade so it was pointing down. Her left-hand joined her right on the hilt. The boar, which stood beneath her, was unprepared for Setsuko to stab into its skull with an aerial drop, and was caught by her attack.

Squeals of pain left the pig as Setsuko withdrew her blade and kicked off its skull, landing a few meters away from it. Almost dead.

PLAYERS

BD: 5 (BD) + 2 (Swift Vambraces) = 7 (Hit)

DMG: 1 (Hit) + 2 (OHR: R1) + 2 (Frostbite) = 4

ENEMIES

Boar #1: 0/5 (DEAD)

Boar #2: 2/5

Boar #3: 1/5