<<First Lessons|F01>> Trying Again

First Lessons

Once again, Yokai was standing in front of Zachariah’s shop. She already knew that this quest didn’t require any combat, her friends had told her as much, but the thought of leaving the safe zone was too agonizing. If she went outside, she could die for real. There wouldn’t be any coming back from mistakes. However, if she leveled up and became stronger, not only would she be able to keep herself alive easier but she could also level up with her friends who’d gone ahead of her.

And so she stood there conflicted with her menu open over the quest objective. “Just one quest… if I can do that, I could do more. More levels and I can’t die…” The girl mumbled to herself trying to find a way to psych herself up for the coming trial but never making headway. Maybe she should have done this with her friends when they’d pressured her before…

Spoiler

Yokai,
Level: 1
Paragon Level: 0
HP: 20/20
EN: 20/20

Stats:
Damage: 4

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: None
Armor: None
Misc: None

Custom Skill:

Skills:
Straight Sword R1

Active Mods:

Inactive Mods:

Addons:

Active Extra Skills:

Inactive Extra Skills:

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potions x3

Housing Buffs:

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

Spoiler

SONIC

Level: 1

Paragon Level: 0

HP: 20/20

EN: 20/20

Equipment

• Moon Blade [Straight Sword; Tier 1 Rare] A thin, lightweight sword with a long blade. Made in full black moon stone the sword is as dark as night, with a contrasting white squiggly line going down the side of the blade which glows when used for attacking. The blade's colours will invert when hit with the moons light.

1. Enhancement Damage [1 Slot] Effect: +(1 * Tier) base damage per slot.

2. Enhancement Bleed [1 Slot] Effect: Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 (1 slot) or natural successful attack rolls of 8-10 (2 slots) deal (12 * Tier) unmitigated bleed damage each enemy turn for 2 turns. Bleed damage does not stack, but can be refreshed. The highest tier of Bleed damage overrides lower tier versions; cannot be overridden by lower-tier versions.

(3) Small Health Potions (Heals 50 HP)

First Lessons

Micheal would be leaning up against the wall of Zacharia’s shop watching as people strolled by. He knew he needed to get stronger so he could get out of this death game but he didn’t know where to start. Should he fight some enemies and grind up, do some low level quests, maybe there was another way? With a sigh he’d get off the wall and walk up to the front of the shop. He’d notice a short pink haired chick just staring at her menu. She seems to know what she’s doing…? He’d come up from behind her with a smile and wave his hand in front of her. “You all good, you look like you’re lagging.” He wasn’t sure what he was expecting to get out of her but he was completely clueless so what other choice did he have. Besides she seemed to be on the same level as him so what’s the worst that could happen?

Just as she was about to suck it up and just head into the building, Yokai would hear voice and a hand would wave abouts in her face. To which the timid girl would let out a quiet yelp. “Ahh- um, I- I was just… I’m just looking for…” She would stumble over her words so much until mumbling became silence. “I’m bad at talking…” Her menu was left open for him to see, looking at the quest that he himself was currently going for.

”A-Are you looking to do this quest?” She would ask sheepishly. Last time she’d started this quest, several others came around and it was too much for her to handle. With only one more person, maybe she could actually stomach it. “I-I’m too scared to do it alone. I know there isn’t any combat and I shouldn’t be scared but do you want to come along? I want to get stronger so I can stop being scared.” She was wearing her heart on her sleeve in the moment but anything to take this first step at this point.

He’d laugh a bit to himself as she fumbled her words. “Sorry I kind of came up to you unexpectedly.” He’d say in an attempt to comfort her. He’d think about her request. Working alone was typically his style but then again he was the one who approached her and she seemed like she needed help. For a quest as boring as this one, he’d also need people with him if he was going to get through it. “Yeah, I’m down to work together!” He’d say with a smile and enthusiastic tone. He’d open up his menu and send her a party invite before accepting the same quest. He wasn’t too thrilled to be doing this quest but it was a better start then nothing. This was also the most interactive he’s been with someone in awhile so he’d also take a chance to get to know her. “Names Sonic by the way, it’s nice to meet you.” He’d put his hand out to her while flashing a smile. He could tell she was shy so he felt a little bad pushing her like this but he thought it might be good for her for some odd reason.