[SP-F1] A Long Walk Down a Short Pier <Earning a Living>

Hayakawa Aki - Chainsaw Man - Zerochan Anime Image Board MobileFootsteps could be heard striking the cement as he took one step after another. His blue eyes remained trained on the familiar cement path. The alley was tight in between the buildings, allowing for the passage of only a few people at a time. Like normal, he was alone. The man was adorning a long-sleeve white collared shirt and dark gray slacks that fit nicely below them. Despite appearances, the clothes were cheap and the man wearing them was broke. 

A short weapon remained sheathed on his back, the hilt barely sitting over his shoulder while the point came only to his buttocks. His dark hair was brought up in a top knot. Not much expression rested upon his face, simply a blank expression. Approaching a doorway, he would rap on it three times before delaying a fourth knock. To no surprise, the door swung open. 

"You again?" A familiar gruff voice questioned. 

Dimos | HP: 20/20 | EN: 20/20 | DMG: 4 | ACC: 2

Spoiler

Dimos,
Level: 1
Paragon Level: 0
HP: 20/20
EN: 20/20

Stats:
Damage: 4
Accuracy: 2

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: The Point | ACC x2
Armor:
Misc:

Custom Skill:

Skills:
Straight Sword R1

Active Mods:

Inactive Mods:

Addons:

Active Extra Skills:

Inactive Extra Skills:

Battle Ready Inventory:
ITEM x1

Housing Buffs:

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

<<Link>>

Blue eyes gazed up into the man that towered from the doorway. Dimos was rather tall but was still dwarfed a bit by the hulking man. A wave of smoke washed over Dimos as the man exhaled. Rough unruly dark hair was slickedYami Sukehiro (Character) - Comic Vine back atop of the man's head, a white-tank top covering his torso. "Any jobs today?" Dimos would ask the man. Leaving the door swinging open, the hulk would step back into the building. Making pursuit, Dimos would enter the building as he had many times in the past. "Thought I told you jobs were scarce at the moment, why do you come back every day?" Dimos would immediately reply to the man, not skipping a beat. "I need money, and you typically need work done." 

"There are jobs but nothing for a scrawny bastard like you. Gonna need someone a little more... experienced for em'." Blue eyes would watch on as the man would sit down, ripping a crown off of a bottle. 

The man, Genshiro, was a taskmaster for some large group that Dimos was rather unaware of. From his understanding, Genshiro was simply one of many taskmasters and there was quite a few players running errands. The bigger the job, the more pay. The issue was, the more time you spent doing jobs, the less you ever actually leveled up. Hence why, Dimos still remained at level one. 

"Anyways, I've always just been able to tell just from looking at you. Need to learn how to lighten the fuck up. Take a break for once." Dimos opened his mouth to protest but never even got the chance. "Tell you what, I know just what you need. We're going fishing." A confused expression rested on Dimos's face. "I don't have any fishing gear." he would state to Genshiro plainly. Besides, if the man didn't have any jobs for him then he'd rather go find another job from someone else. "Don't worry, you can rip some off an NPC if you take his quest. Come on, I'll show you."

Genshiro ended up being true to his word, taking Dimos to a body of water where a fishing shack sat on the shore. From a distance, he could spot a person sitting on a dock and fishing. A pat on the back shoved him in the shack's direction. Looking back, Dimos would find Genshiro was already taking up a spot, pulling a fishing pole from his inventory. 

A sigh of silent regret would be exhaled before Dimos would making his way up to the man at the shack. 

Approaching the shack, that monotone voice called out, "Do you have a fishing pole I could use?" The fisherman set down his pole, looking Dimos up and down for a second. "Sorry, I just had to see who was being a debbie downer! Lighten up, man! Never gonna be good at fishing if you can't make yourself enticing enough for something to wanna bite!" Dimos raised an eyebrow. What was this man's personality? A bit overwhelming. "Name's Anthony. Don't worry, I'm what you call a professional, a real catch honestly." Dimos stepped forward as the NPC had his fun complimenting himself. "Humble too, aren't we?" Anthony responded with an award-winning grin. "I'm the most humble person I know."

Moving into the fishing shack, Anthony was gone for a few moments without making his intentions clear. Suddenly, he reappeared, with some bait. "Since I'm generous and totally need to help you out, I'll let you in on some magic. This stuff is really good at catching the best of the best. Take it and your friend over there is gonna be all sorts of jealous. Get a move on, learn how to have a good laugh." 

ID: 212702
CD: 10
LD: 15

Gleaming Scale obtained!

Turning back, now with a fishing pole and bait in hand, he would return to the gruff man who sat on a bucket, cigarette hanging out of his mouth. "Hey you know that's not fair. Your dumbass hasn't given me work to afford any of those. Give me one." A grin came from the other man. "These are gonna kill you someday you know." Dimos shrugged. "This is a game and besides, you're coming to hell with me." That would earn him a chuckle. Lining his hook with some of the 'special' bait, he would fumble with the pole for a moment before casting it in the water.

His eyes would scan the older man who sat to his left, seemingly deep in some thought. 'He really does put me at a bit more of an ease than others. I wonder why that is. It probably is just the cigarettes.' 

Only a few moments had passed before he started to feel a tug on his line. Dimos's eyes widened with surprise and began to quickly reel in. "Don't just reel, make sure to tug to keep it on the hook!" Shouts of correction were heard and after a thirty-second battle, he now was holding a rainbow-colored fish in his hand. 

The cigarette in Genshiro's mouth fell out as his mouth opened wide. "Your first try!?"

In an instant, a gleaming scale was added to his inventory and the bait magically vanished from next to him. "Look at that, I must just be better at this than you." That grin of Genshiro's widened. "You must have a knack for this. Reminds me, I've really been thinking..." Genshiro offers Dimos a cigarette as he speaks which is quickly lit and drawn from. "You got a lot of talent with many things that I think you're wasting here. You follow orders to a tee. I really think you should find your own thing here. Shit, you have to have some passions right? Follow them." 

An exhale of smoke would pollute the area with a foul smell. "Wouldn't it be a bad idea to convince one of your employees to stop working for you?" A chuckle would be heard from the other man. "You think your hot shit don't you? You aren't that important. All I am saying is you'll find a bit more comfortable pay if you work on yourself. Hell, you could probably have the top dogs start handing you jobs personally if you want."

Dimos began to contemplate the words he heard. "I'll... take it under advisement. Those people are all pretty dangerous. Getting on their bad side would spell the end for anyone." Genshiro would shrug. "Depends on who you are. I've seen the board. There is someone on there with over a hundred names. Become like them and you won't have to worry about shit." Dimos shook his head. "That's the last kind of person that I'd be interested in knowing me." 

As the heat of the cigarette began to burn his fingers, he would stamp it out in the dirt in front of him, watching it fragment. Balancing the fishing rod on his shoulder, he would look at Genshiro. "Well, I'm a bit tired of wasting my time here. Maybe another time." The grin from Genshiro would fade a bit as the man nodded in understanding. Without another word, Dimos would turn from the gruff man and begin heading back towards Anthony, the fisherman, sitting. 

The NPC would watch him approach, a smile plastered on his face and a glint in his eye. "So... how'd it go?" The man would ask with a cheery voice. "I caught something. Here's your pole back." Anthony shook his head. "I see you didn't learn to take time and enjoy yourself out there. You got to work on that. How about you keep that pole until you learn to loosen up a bit? Enjoy the fresh air or something."

An eyebrow raised on Dimos's face. The man was gifting him the pole? "You normally just hand away your shit to random people?" The fisherman would grin in response. "No, not everyone. Just you folks that I think need it. Now get on out there, live a little." Anthony would begin to make a shooing motion with his hands, ushering Dimos away. Adding the fishing pole to his inventory, Dimos would turn away. Eyes scanning the shoreline, he would find that Genshiro no longer sat along the edge of the water.

"Damn it, that was my free ride. Now I have to deal with the pests." 

Thanks to Genshiro's higher level, the mobs of the first floor wouldn't approach. Dimos's level was pitiful enough to aggro essentially every enemy in the game. Delivery jobs didn't pay in experience points. His hand reached to his back, pulling a short-blade from its sheath. The weapon was light and slim, and the blade was only about two feet long. With how it was designed, it could be used with a normal or reverse grip easily. The happy-medium between a sword and a dagger. 

His feet trudged through the damp forest, leaving small indentions of each of his steps. Without Genshiro, the place sounded far more... alive. Leaves and branches were heard rustling nearby, earning a glance from Dimos. Giving an enemy a preemptive strike could prove rather fatal to him. Dying after spending so many years in this game would just be a bit pathetic. Feeling a rumbling in his stomach, he would reach into his inventory and secure a ration from within. He would only get a few bites in before being interrupted. 

A gooey sound was suddenly heard. Holding the bread in his mouth, he would quickly turn to see a blue slime lurching forward toward him. A slime was an interesting creature to face. They were hard to pierce, but slashing was a slightly different story. A clean singular stroke gleamed with a dull blue light. The result was a slime that was cut clear in two. His hand would remove the bread from his mouth and his foot slammed down a piece of the monster that began to writhe. "My bread, Shithead."

*Field Ration consumed. +2 HP.

Dimos | HP: 22/22 | EN: 16/20 | DMG: 4 | ACC: 2

Slime A | HP: 0/16 | DMG: 6

ID: 212943
ST-I Activated
BD: 10. 4+2=6*4=24 DMG to Slime A

ID: 212944
LD: 13. Odd Number, +2 Mats
CD: 1 : Rare Trinket.
48 Col Recieved.

48 Col
2 Materials
1 Rare Trinket
Gleaming Scale

Edited by Dimos

Wiping his shoe against the grass, blue would smear along the ground. Finishing his tasteless meal, Dimos would look at the remains of the creature he felled. "That really it? I was expecting a bit more to be honest." As if aggravated by his words, another chorus of squishing noises would be made audible. 

Shifting his gaze to his surroundings, a variety of colorful jelly creatures were slowly inching towards him. "Guess I'll make this quick." 

In unison, the gelatinous creatures leapt at him. Flipping his weapon into a reverse-grip, Dimos would make a rapid spin, slicing each of them before they got a chance to strike him. Jello cubes would fall to his feet, jiggling a moment before coming to a stop.

SA Used: AOE-I (x3)

ID Battle Craft Loot MOB Character Link Purpose Time
212980 9 2 10 4 Dimos http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png AOE-I vs Slime D 2023-07-05 12:01:51
212979 4 4 13 6 Dimos http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png AOE-I vs Slime C 2023-07-05 12:01:36
212978 8 9 6 7 Dimos http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png AOE-I vs Slime B 2023-07-05 12:01:18
212977 9 1 4 1 Dimos http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png AOE-I vs Slime A 2023-07-05 12:00:56

4x3=12 DMG to Slime B&C
5x3=15 DMG to Slime A&D

Dimos | HP: 22/22 | EN: 8/20 | DMG: 4 | ACC: 2

Slime A | HP: 0/12 | DMG: 6
Slime B | HP: 0/12 | DMG: 6
Slime C | HP: 0/12 | DMG: 6
Slime D | HP: 0/12 | DMG: 6

ID Battle Craft Loot MOB Character Link Purpose Time
212984 3 2 9 3 Dimos http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Looting Slime D 2023-07-05 12:09:07
212983 7 11 18 2 Dimos http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Looting Slime C 2023-07-05 12:08:51
212982 3 8 7 1 Dimos http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Looting Slime B 2023-07-05 12:08:36
212981 5 6 19 8 Dimos http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Looting Slime A 2023-07-05 12:08:22

12x3x4=144 Col
+Perfect Armor
+Perfect Trinket
+Rare Trinket
+12 Col
+Rare Trinket
+36 Col
+Uncommon Consumable

240 Col
2 Materials
3 Rare Trinkets
1 Perfect Armor