[F01-PP] Prologue: A Day to Remember

The world was black and empty... Nothing could be seen in any direction... It was eerily quiet, almost to the point that one would be driven mad if exposed to this strange phenomenon for too long in a continuous manner... Squinting, Zachary tries to find any difference in the surrounding area. After a brief search, he sees what appears to be a spec of light in the distance. A wave of curiosity envelopes him and he gives chase, watching the glimmer of light take form slowly over time. Eventually, the light takes on a humanoid shape/ Once he is close enough, Zachary stops and observes the being in front of him.

"Might I ask your name?" Zachary asks as he tries to discern some distinct features of what he assumed was a person. Completely enveloped in light, this person had none that he could discern. It did, however, make a motion to him, pointing directly at Zachary. Who are you? The voice he heard was familiar, however it was odd that he did not hear the voice coming from the being in front of him, but rather his own mind. 

"I'm Zachary. What's your name?" The being just shook it's head. 

That's not what I asked... I'll ask again, 'Who are you?' Confused, Zachary tries to contemplate the nature of this question. If not a name, what else could this person be asking of him that defines him? 

It's not too late, you know... The being says before gesturing to Zachary's chest. What you need... has been within your reach all this time... You just have to see it...

"What do you-" Zachary started, before the being gave him a light push and send him flying backwards, a single word echoing in his head. 

Remember...

Opening his eyes, Zachary looks to a ceiling that he has become accustomed to for some time now. His breathing and heart rate were slightly elevated and he was drenched in a cold sweat... Sitting up and sitting on the edge of his bed, he looks over at his friend Chris, who was in the bed across the room from him. It seemed like he was still asleep. Swiping a hand in front of him, he checked to see that the time was 9:28am. 

"Guess I better wake him up... We're supposed to meet the others in the square in about a half hour..." he mumbled, rubbing the sleep from his eyes and letting the HUD fade away as he got up to gently shake Chris awake. "Hey, it's time to get up, bud... Sarah and Joey are gonna be pissed at us if we are late..." 

Stats and Gear

Spoiler

Ourian Ivaldi (Level 1)
---{Stats and Skills}
 HP: 20/20                                           EN: 20/20 
{Damage: 5}---{Mitigation: 0}---{Accuracy: +1}---{Evasion: +0}---{Loot Dice: +0}
{Novice Curved Sword} Damage with this weapon type increases by 3.
---{Equipment and Vanity}
[Starter's Kodachi] (Tier 1 Rare Curved Blade) [Damage +1/Accuracy +1]
[Empty Slot]
[Empty Slot]
[Starter's Vest] (Tier 1 Vanity Light Armor)
---{Inventory}
[Starter Healing Potion] (3) [Heals 50 HP]
[Empty Slot]
[Empty Slot]
[Empty Slot]
[Empty Slot]

Edited by Ourian Ivaldi

"Hey, it's time to get up, bud... Sarah and Joey are gonna be pissed at us if we are late..."

Kazuma felt a slight nudge as he was awakened from his unusually restful sleep. Sitting up slowly, he stretched and yawned then rubbed his eyes as he saw Ourian next to him.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm up... and they'll be okay if we are a few minutes late..." he bit back as he turned to sit on the edge of his bed. He was not a morning person by any means and being woken up was something that he truly despised... Despite his words, however, he knew that Ourian had a point... While Zyran wouldn't mind if they were slightly tardy, Issanalyn would be furious since she was the one who asked for everyone to meet up in the first place. 

Something clicked as his mind starting getting into gear: Ourain had used their real names instead of their in-game handles. "Also, why are you still using our real names? I thought we talked about this... Sarah and Joey are Issanalyn and Zyran here, I'm Kazuma, and you're Ourian... It's just not proper gaming etiquette to use our real names..."

Stats and Gear

Spoiler

Kazuma Mikhos (Level 1)
---{Stats and Skills}
{Damage: 1}---{Mitigation: 5}---{Accuracy: +0}---{Evasion: +1}---{Loot Dice: +0}
{Keen} After a successful attack, gain +1 BD until the end of combat. Does not trigger critical hits and expires once you leave combat.
{Novice Cloth Armor} Mitigation while wearing this armor type increases by 5.
[Starter's Rapier] (Tier 1 Uncommon Saber) [Keen 1]
[Starter's Bodysuit] Tier 1 Uncommon Cloth Armor) [Evasion +1]
[Empty Slot]
---{Inventory}
[Starter Healing Potion] (5) [Heals 50 HP]
[Empty Slot]
[Empty Slot]
[Empty Slot]
[Empty Slot]

Edited by Kazuma Mikhos
corrected inventory and mistyped information in stats

Stirring from her sleep, Issanalyn yawns and stretches her arms and legs. Moving to the edge of her bed, she gets up and pulls the makeshift curtain that her brother had made for her in their room to the side. Though she had protested the idea, Zyran had insisted that she had her privacy. 

It's not like we haven't lived together all our lives or anything... She thought bitterly as she felt like Zyran still tended to be overprotective of her, despite her repeatedly telling him that she would be okay. Putting that thought to the side for now, she checked her HUD and saw that it was still pretty early and decided against waking up her brother while she went outside for a bit to do her morning exercises. 

After doing some mild jogging and routine warm-ups and stretches, she returned into the inn and attempted to wake her brother. 

"Oi! It's time to wake up! Get it in gear!" She exclaimed as she kicked the bed that Zyran was sleeping on. He was a heavy sleeper so she knew that a simple nudge or tap wouldn't do the trick. "Come on, I don't wanna be late and take crap from Ourain and Kazuma!"

Stats and Gear

Spoiler

Issanalyn Maclaire (Level 1)
---{Stats and Skills}
{Damage: 4}---{Mitigation: 6}---{Accuracy: +1}---{Evasion: +0}---{Loot Dice: +0}
{Novice Polearm} Damage with this weapon type increases by 3.
[Starter's Glaive] (Tier 1 Uncommon Polearm) [Accuracy +1]
[Starter's Banded Mail] Tier 1 Uncommon Heavy Armor) [Mitigation +6]
[Empty Slot]
---{Inventory}
[Starter Healing Potion] (5) [Heals 50 HP]
[Empty Slot]
[Empty Slot]
[Empty Slot]
[Empty Slot]

Edited by Issanalyn Maclaire

"Oi! It's time to wake up! Get it in gear!" As he heard the familiar voice of his sister, he also felt the bed shake a bit as he assumed that she also kicked the bed in an attempt to wake him up. "Come on, I don't wanna be late and take crap from Ourain and Kazuma!"

Quickly sitting up and getting out of bed, she stretched his arms to behind him and yawned greatly. 

"Good morning to you too..." Zyran said irritably. He hated how loud she was when trying to wake him up. Granted, he knows that he would sleep through a stampeding heard of elephants so he figured the extra measures were necessary. Getting out of bed, he started to pace the room a bit, a typical routine for him until he was fully awake to function. He never really understood it, but it helped him more than coffee ever could to wake him up. After about 5 minutes of this, he looks over to Issa.

"So where were we meeting them again?"

Stats and Gear

Spoiler

Zyran Maclaire (Level 1)
---{Stats and Skills}
{Damage: 1}---{Mitigation: 13}---{Accuracy: +0}---{Evasion: +0}---{Loot Dice: +0}---{Stealth: -1}
{Novice Heavy Armor} Mitigation while wearing this armor type increases by 8 and your stealth rating decreases by 1.
{Taunt} +1 Hate generated from Howl, focused Howl and successful attacks.

[Starter's Banded Mail] (Tier 1 Rare Heavy Armor) [Mitigation +6 / Taunt 1]
[Empty Slot]
[Empty Slot]
[Starter's Axe] (Tier 1 Vanity Axe)
---{Inventory}
[Starter Healing Potion] (3) [Heals 50 HP]
[Empty Slot]
[Empty Slot]
[Empty Slot]
[Empty Slot]

Edited by Zyran Maclaire

"It's just not proper gaming etiquette to use our real names..." Zachary couldn't help but feel slightly taken aback by this statement. While true, Chris, Sarah and Joey have been his friends for as long as he could remember so he figured it would be okay. 

"Honestly I never really understood what the big deal is about using our actual names..." He admitted, going through his menu to equip his gear and prepare for their meeting. "You get bent out of shape way too easily, Chris..." After donning his gear, he walks towards the door to their room and gets ready to leave. "I'm going to go on ahead. I'll meet you there."

As he approaches the meeting place in the square, Zachary looks at his HUD for the time again. Ten more minutes... He thought as he sat down at one of the benches, keeping his eyes peeled for any sign of his friends. As he waited, he couldn't help but wonder why Sarah wanted everyone to meet up today. 

"How could you NOT understand the severity of using our real names in a game?! People can use our real names to find out a lot of personal information like our addresses, jobs, account info and - HEY!" Kazuma exclaimed as he watched Ourian leave through the front door. Infuriated, he hastily donned his gear with the menu and headed out the door to follow him. 

"Of all the disrespectful things to do! I can't believe he just walked away like that!" Kazuma raged, power walking towards the meeting place, keeping an eye out for Ourian while he did so, eventually finding him sitting on a bench in the square, apparently deep in thought. As he began to storm up to him, Kazuma stopped and took a deep breath. Once he was calmed down, he sat down next to Ourian.

"Look, dude... I'm sorry for the testiness earlier... but you do have to realize that we aren't in the real world anymore... We are in this death game together and everyone is on edge, myself included..." Kazuma admitted calmly. "I just don't want anyone to know our real names in case we make enemies later down the line in this death game and they find out who we are and use that against us in the real world if we all manage to get out of here..."