[PP-F1] Well Day (Mitsuki)

It was a nice and sunny day, but after all.. Floor 1 was always like that, or at least during that season.

There were many floors and some with different weather.

Starting City crowding with NPCs and players, inspecting them, there was little difference from reality.

Can't exactly say in reality people walk around with a sword, axe or other weapons.

Yami decided to take a little break, so he goes to the Starting City and walks into an inn.

He takes a seat and orders a simple drink, while inspecting the other players inside.

Within one of Starting City's many inns, Mitsuki found herself sipping on a steaming hot liquid that could only be described as Sword Art Online's version of green tea. She sat with her legs crossed, and her sleeves rolled up, not wanting to feel too warm within the building. Her lips slightly puckered as she blew upon the drink, cooling it down before taking another sip. Somehow, this tea almost tastes better than that of the real world's. It's certainly a lot easier to drink, now that I can see. Mitsuki was still adjusting to the joys of vision, though she knew that if the game ever came to an end, adjusting to blindness would be as challenging as ever before.

While she continued drinking her tea, Mitsuki's pale-lavender eyes traveled across the room, taking note of everyone within. There were a few couples flirting back and forth with each other. On the opposite side of the building, another player seemed to be doing exactly what she was doing. You're a curious one. Like me. She looked forward once again at the other end of her booth, the cushioned seat in front of her empty. Perhaps I should invite him over? She simply shrugged. First impressions weren't exactly her strong suite.

While taking a sip from his drink, he saw someone on the opposite side of the building.

A girl, from a first impression she was about his age.

It does not happen much to meet people with those pale-lavander eyes, looking like she was doing the same thing.

He was not sure if he should approach her, as the other players were doing their own business. And she may not feel comfortable talking with a stranger.

Then, Yami decided to shift his gaze back at his drink, taking another sip from it.

He just got up from his chair and walked over the girl.

"Hello." he said, offering a smile.

Turning her head towards the sound of a voice, Mitsuki found that the person she had glanced at earlier stood beside her. "Oh.." She said, caught off-guard by his sudden arrival. "..Hello." Her eyes lowered as to avoid eye contact with him. I didn't expect him to actually come over here. Her timid nature was making itself present, but she managed to gesture him towards the seat in front of her.

"You can take a seat, if you'd like."

Tilting his head lightly, with his gaze at her.

"Well, if you don't mind.." he said, taking a seat.

"So, hello.. my name is Yami, what's yours?" he asks, as talking with strangers was something normal.

But, after all.. most of the people into SAO are strangers, so it was something pretty normal inside the game.

So, he just took another sip from his drink, waiting for her answer.

He offers a nod to her. "Nice to meet you, Mitsuki." he said, with a smile.

"Hm.. I guess I'm fine, just.. having some monotonous, do you know.. almost everyday I fight against monsters, which isn't boring but if you do that everyday... Heh." he said, with a small chuckle at the phrase's end.

That was true, most of Yami's days was spent fighting against monsters or search for specific items.

And they were not even close to Floor 100..

"Well, what about you? Doing well, I hope?" he asks with a friendly tone.

Mitsuki nodded at what Yami had to say; any task would eventually grow boring. She couldn't think of a single task that didn't grow old with repetition, but she most certainly could think of all she had grown bored with over a bit of time. Fighting just wasn't one of those tasks, yet. Being able to see and use martial arts again was just about all Mitsuki needed to remain content as of right now, especially given the circumstances of her real life.

"I'm doing well, thank you." She replied, friendly as she had been since he had first arrived. "A little sleepy, maybe, but nothing I can't deal with."

Nodding, he offered a smile.

"Glad to hear it." he said.

He was happy to hear it, at least she was not one of those depressed players, many players were depressed because they missed real life or because they were afraid to die into a game.

Could not say Yami was not intimidated by death into SAO, but he tried to adapt to his new life, with the hope to reach and beat Floor 100's boss.

"Sleepy? Woke up early, I suppose?" he asks.

"It's hard for me to sleep." Mitsuki replied to his earlier question. "Even if it's not too different from sleeping in the real world, the fact that you're sleeping in a virtual world just makes it seem so..." She paused for a moment, trying to decide how she wanted to word it. ...weird." The thought of sleeping in a bed in reality while sleeping in a bed in a game reminded her of a particular movie that she had seen the translation for; an older movie, but with a concept that she still enjoyed trying to fully wrap her head around.

"What about you?" Her voice seemed a little held back, her timid nature setting in. "Can you sleep well?"

Yami was twisting his mouth, while pondering on the question.

"Hm.. Not really, since I joined and I was trapped here, I started to adapt myself into the game.

Only problem I might have while I try to sleep, is that I wonder about what's happening outside, in the real life." he said, his eyes looking at the table then they quickly shifts them at her again, he offers a light smile to her.

"But, hey.. that doesn't mean we have to be sad and depressed. I'm sure we will go back to the real life, one day." he said, with a friendly and reassuring tone.

As Yami said the oh, so predictable guarantee that they'd eventually return the real world some day, Mitsuki's eyes fell, and her head turned slightly away from him. I don't even know if I want to go back.. It was, to her, a sad truth; the virtual world was indefinitely superior to the real, especially for her. "Is that really such a good thing?" She asked Yami, her eyes still drifting away from him.

Yami was wondering if she had any problem when he said that phrase, then when she asked that.. he started to ponder on the question, incredible on how Yami said that.. while in the real life he was alone.

His eyes falling on the table, as he was remembering something.

"Well.. I must admit, since I joined this game.. my life is better. I started to socialize with other players, while in the real life I was alone, ne-" he suddenly stops, shaking his head lightly.

"Sorry, I know it is not polite to talk about the real world.." saying that as apology

"But yes, I feel more alive here than I was in the real life." he said, taking a sip from his drink.