[PP fl4] Avalanche [Cindel Zelrius]

It was especially cold today as they had planned to take on the quest called Avalanche. He had messaged Cindel but this new person named Zelrius was not someone he had come across. The guild application was impressive and there was no way he could say no. He was wearing a light coat covering his armor. Bandanna was tightly bound over his ears to help warm up his ears.

" Man its freezing here." He muttered shivering a bit. It was a bit new to the man since he had been here once before but he met Ruri. Today was gonna be fun. He was going to do alot of things and get more materials for his guild.

The cool air whipped against her body as she continued forward to the meeting place Klein had set. Cindel was back on the 4th floor again, the floor that reminded her of the winters of home. She made out Klein in the distance. *At least he remembered to dress warm.* Cindel herself had decided to wear a cloak over her normal clothing. She continued closer to where he was waiting and waved when she got near. "Nice weather isn't it?" Cindel asked Klein sarcastically.

Zelrius found himself reluctant to travel back to the 4th floor. This was thee least favorite of all the floors for the boy, but today he made an exception. Zelrius had been asked to come along to kill the respawning field boss <> for the umpteenth time. Though he was invited along by his new guild leader whom The Blood Buccaneer had yet to meet face to face with.

Zelrius coughed as he approached the two figures that matched the descriptions of what Zelrius had gathered on the two thus far. Unlike these two, Zelrius was not dressed for the weather. Instead this boy was wearing his usual mogul tuxedo and bowtie

He gazed upon the two and tilted his head. The rumored Zelrius had appeared. He had heard things about him but nothing seemed too disappointing to not allow him. He wanted to have him join because Klein was a diverse man. He gazed at Cindel and frowned. " Ha...ha....ha." He looked at Zelrius and smiled. " How are ya mah man ? I'm Klein." He grinned at him hoping it was a good welcome for him. " This is my vice, Cindel. Hope we do well together."

Cindel waited until Klein finished the introductions. "You know the way you say 'Vice' almost makes me think you consider me an immoral or evil habit. Or maybe a fault, defect, or shortcoming? Of course you could just mean my immoral conduct, and depraved and degrading behavior!" she grinned. "Oh - Unless of course what you really mean is Vice-Captain as in, 'in the place of' the captain, which of course is you!" she finished with an added smirk, then turned to Zelrius. Cindel only took a short moment glancing him over. "A high level huh? What makes you want to hang with a bunch of scrubs like us?" she asked him then laughed.

Zelrius did not join in her laughter. He simply stated in a cold and attention calling tone "Other then the fact that I have a respect for you guys as Players, and as Guild leaders, Nothing. Honestly, If I didn't see it as rude to decline, I would not be here right now. I will not apologize for how rude that statement may sound, but honestly I could be having a nap up on floor 9 right now." He put his left hand on his sword, Sange and glanced between the two then up the path that may or may not lead to the Boss they were looking for

"Shall we?" He asked gesturing to the "Road". In this statement, His arrogant smile returned and emotion was put back into his voice.

It was clear that players came in all shapes and variety. Seeing this type made him sound like a hot shot who could give orders or train and terrify people. Yeah.. actually that sounded like a good position for the guy. He looked up at the road and took a breath. He nodded walking up the path towards their destination.

"Fair enough. I would of liked to join in on that nap but somewhere on the third floor. " He looked at the surroundings." And it doesn't sound rude to me anyway. People are busy. Though I am happy you did come along. We'll make it worthwhile.. " He turned his head a bit and spoke to Cindel. " You're my Vice. " He smirked. " Take it however you see fit."

Cindel followed the two as they began marching down the road that cut through the tundra-like landscape. She watched the snow spray twirl under the cold howling winds, only coming to a rest as it formed snowdrifts that mimicked the ocean's waves frozen in time. Winter was harsh, but it did have its beauty.

Avalanche was supposed to be tougher than The Wasp Queen. A field boss they had bested fairly easily. With the addition of Zelrius, Cindel didn't have too much concern about the quest's risks and difficulty. Instead she was more concerned about Zelrius himself. "How'd you end up with an orange gem?" she asked him, feeling it would be naive on her part to ignore the obvious. She knew that might be a touchy subject, but one she felt was better cleared up now than later.

Zelrius threaded on in snow listening to Klein, then hearing the remark to Cindel, and so He just kind of Zoned out. Walking along the path, Zelrius now began to feel the effects of his stupidity. The stupidity that was generated from him not being dressed for the weather. Zelrius joined back into the conversation when he heard Cindel ask about the orange cursor. The thing was, he didn't mind sharing what he had done. Because of this, Zelrius chimed in his response.

"Why, of course, I killed people. And no, They were not player killers themselves. At first I did out of anger and rage, then next three or so kills just came naturally. Got infamy and fear, made me feel powerful."

It sounded cruel of him to say those things. But he understood those reactions. Whether or not he, himself, could do it remained to be seen. Klein was one with a soft heart but in this world, he knew that Zelrius was one that needed to be in a guild like his. It was to understand the nature of the player killer.

They rose higher and higher toward the top. Gaze returned to them and he spoke." It's about that time for the show." His eyes went back to the top a bit." Let's try and stay alive shall we?" He sighed as he walked again. The snow had picked up a bit and soon visibility was becoming a bit more critical.

At first Cindel wasn't sure if he was being serious or not. "Wait, you just killed people because you felt like it? Was this before we all found out we couldn't log off? Before we found out death was the real deal..?" She stopped walking. She didn't know what to think really, that was not the answer she expected to hear. It was one thing to PK in a game, Cindel loved the aspect of PVP. But SAO wasn't a game anymore. PK here is no different than murder in the real world. "You're serious aren't you?" She didn't know what to do. She didn't know if she could trust him.

Zelrius kept treading forward as Cindel Spoke. When he only heard two sets of feet penetrate and dig into the snow he stopped and looked back. If you didn't notice it before, It was unmissable now; the arrogant curve of the boy's lips. The kind that was ever present on someone like Zelrius, however was often faint and not often noticeable. He turned around and began to walk back to her. "Oh, Yes this was very much after we had learned they could die in the orginial world. Infact, that was the whole reason for me destroying them; To end consciousness. You can be as pissed as you want at me for it," He stopped talking for a second. His dark blue eyes looking into Cindel's own "But remember this: I am not afraid to kill again, So do not make the mistake of attacking me over the past." Zelrius then reached an arm up and patted her shoulder, turning back around to regain his previous pace and position.

Klein listened to them banter back and forth and sighed. They needed to focus at the task at hand. Eyes glanced back at them and he spoke." You are right. The past is the past and we need to focus on what is now." He shot a look at Cindel hoping she understood that they could very well be smashed. He didn't want that to happen and if it meant cooperating with someone who had at dark past then so be it." We have to be getting closer."

Zelrius seemed rather emotionless in his explanation of his actions. *Great im grouped with a psycopath.* She couldn't tell if Klein was cool with what Zelrius had done or was just trying to avoid bringing up anything that might upset the guy. He was high level, a fight wouldn't be good. He didn't seem to have any intentions of killing her or Klein, maybe it was best not to provoke him in to one. Cindel began to walk again. "Yeah let's do this, I'm starting to remember why I hated winter." She continued to advance with the group but found herself constantly glancing at Zelrius. He made her nervous.

Zelrius felt the biting cold but made no movement or expression to show his displeasure. Zelrius had a rather playful idea that would poke fun at the two. The Blood buccaneer strolled up a little farther up the slope ahead of Klein and Cindel and began to walk in large strides, his feet kicking back, flinging snow on the two. Then he pretended to fall, as he got up Zelrius scooped up snow and threw it in the air above the small trio.

He felt it strange looking at Zelrius. The kid had funny side to him along with a serious side. Two sided coin one would say. He wasn't expecting to be hit in the face either by a snow ball. He laughed and shook his head as they made it to the top. This was where it could get dangerous. Eyes glanced around as he spoke." So.. we hunt now I assume..." He pulled his blade out readying himself.

Eyes glanced at Cindel hoping she was all right. " Let's try to stay alive shall we ?"

She raised her arm to keep snow from flying in to her face. *At least he's not throwing blades, I can live with snow.* A childlike urge almost made her want to form a snowball of her own, but the thought was cut short by Klein's remarks. They were near Avalanche's spawning grounds. Klein drew his blade. Cindel skipped up to Klein's side and scoured the landscape ahead with her eyes. It was all a grayish white. The snow fall was pretty thick, reducing the groups visibility. Avalanche would blend in perfectly... if this was the real world. But in SAO it would be his own monster cursor or health bar they'd probably spot first. She drew Nerve Needle, her rapier. "Ready when you are Sir Captain." She confirmed to Klein with a nod.

She raised her arm to keep snow from flying in to her face. *At least he's not throwing blades, I can live with snow.* A childlike urge almost made her want to form a snowball of her own, but the thought was cut short by Klein's remarks. They were near Avalanche's spawning grounds. Klein drew his blade. Cindel skipped up to Klein's side and scoured the landscape ahead with her eyes. It was all a grayish white. The snow fall was pretty thick, reducing the groups visibility. Avalanche would blend in perfectly... if this was the real world. But in SAO it would be his own monster cursor or health bar they'd probably spot first. She drew Nerve Needle, her rapier. "Ready when you are Sir Captain." She confirmed to Klein with a nod.

Zelrius glanced around a bit. He had been here before, sure. But everytime he visited Floor 4 something always seemed unique. Well unique was not the right word. Just different would have to suffice for now. It always seemed to the Blood Buccaneer that this floor was off somehow. Not able to put his finger on it quite this instant, Zelrius shrugged looking to Klein and Cindel. "Aye, another boss fight. It seems I feel I've already been in too many of these..." The boy said now thinking of just how many he had been in thus far; 9. 4 Floor Bosses. 3 Quest Bosses and the Twinfire. That numbered was not even close to how many he knew he would end up in.

Sighing, pulling himself back to reality, Zelrius nodded and held for Klein's Orders. "Just say the word and I will not hesitate to crush the soon-to-be Enemy."