[SP-F1] Secret Medicine of the Forest [Finished]

[Epilogue]

The Old man looked up with a happiness Alkor had not seen in a very long time. There were tears, albeit digital ones, in the clear blue eyes of the elder as he fell to his knees and uttered profuse thanks for the item. It felt so real that Alkor shifted his gaze away, uncertain of how to react. "Oh, thank you," the NPC managed in a creaking voice, "thank you, thank you, thank you..."

Though he never truly caught from the old man what the quest was all about, he had no trouble figuring it out. The small girl behind the man, bed ridden and sickly looking, seemed to perk up as the old man turned about and said something unintelligible to her. Alkor folded his arms and tilted his head, intent on enjoying the fruits of his labor.

Eons went by in the minutes that Alkor watched, the old man grinding up Alkor's spoils and apparently boiling them into a soupy substance. After it was finished, he brought it over to the child, and she sipped it weakly. Alkor felt his lips turn upward into a slight smile as she began to sit up, and she beamed. There was color returning to her cheeks, and life in her demeanor. He had saved it. The feeling of success was multiplied in that moment.

"You have my deepest gratitude," her grandfather said, speaking finally to Alkor, who nodded his head. "As a token of my appreciation, I'd like for you to take this. It isn't much, but it is the least I can do to thank you for saving my granddaughter's life."

Alkor held his hands out to accept the object, which materialized in the shape of a blade. His eyes widened. "I... this is..."

"It's called an Anneal blade," the man told him, "it's a slight improvement over what you have now, I think. It should help you in your journey."

Without hesitation, Alkor bowed deeply to the old man. There were no words to express his thanks for the gesture. A blade that cost him nothing was an incredible boon.

[End]

Spoils: 415 Col, Anneal Blade, 1 Skill Point