[SP-F2] Nothing shall obstruct me! (Quest)

Nothing shall obstruct me! (Quest)

Twas a normal grinding day, until Ren managed stumbled upon a towering rock which was currently obstructing his path. "Odd." he thought deeply within his mind. Swiftly within a single movement, he unsheated his sword, throwing a couple of slashes at the rock, but nothing happend.

Not even a single scratch on it.

He then flicked his index finger in midair, opening up his invetory, upon a further inspection upon the rock, suddenly Ren's quest log just got updated. The text was a bit unclear, leaving out a great amount of detail. Still, he couldn't give up, he had to keep trying, even if he ended up losing a whole day, or even more.

After he took a step back, he sat on the rough ground beneath him. "What shall I do..." he thought whilst narrowing his eyes, throwing a eagle eyed vision upon the bolder. "Well first, I need to think of a way of breaking it, but before I do so... I must find it's weakness, or at least determine a spot which I can continue focusing on." he muttered to himself, trying desperately to find a solution.

A few minutes passed, Ren slowly stood up whilst brushing of the dust upon his clothes. After the dust has worn off, he extend both of his hands, placing them over the bolder, rubbing them against the bolder, looking for any kind of weaknesses. His patience was getting thin, "That's it! Time to get Physical." he said with a robust and sobre tone whilst Ren started throwing random punches at the bolder, hoping that it will somehow crack.

Few minutes passed since he kept punching the rock like a mere bag, his hands were going sore while the health bar was slowly draining away. Blood started dripping from his knuckles, he stopped for a second. Ren was starting to loose hope, slowly dark thoughts were starting to arise within his mind. He closed his eyes for a second, soaking a bit on his thoughts, when suddenly...

A small cracking noise erupted from the bolder, making Ren immediately focus his attention upon that spot. Using two fingers he scraped them upon the small crack, removing the small bits of dirt which were covering it, relieving the crack which was hiding underneath it. His eyes immediately started glittering once more, as the small crack gave him hope, while making him realize that not all his efforts were in vein.

"Hmm... it's seems like I've mannaged to make a dent into it." Ren said while feeling proud of his accomplishment. Cracking and popping sounds could be heard from his joints as he started stretching, releasing the tension with his body. "Well then, I'll need a little bit of warm-up before I could continue." he mutterd to himself in a motivating way, the inspection was over now as Ren was finally ready to begin his progress.

"I'll start doing a few types of exercises, maybe that will help me crack this open." he said before placing himself in a crouching position, while keeping both of his arms crossed behind the back of his head.

"One... two... three... four..." Ren was counting whilst performing a series of squats.

The weather was nothing more then fair and calm, creating a perfect environment for the player, giving him a great opportunity to train himself.

Ren slowly stands up whilst dusting himself off after he finished his four series of squats and push-ups. "It's time to get ready, I need to crack this before nightfall, or who knows what might happen if I don't." Twas a bit over midday, the sun was slightly peeking over the mountains, the breeze was keeping Ren cool, preventing him from sweating. He desperately wanted to finish this today, as he had great plans within this week, thus he won't allow himself to be delayed by a mere rock.

He clenched both fists, knocking them between a few times while taking short breaths, getting himself ready to proceed. Ren started throwing punches at the rock, but this time he didn't threw them randomly, he concentrated himself upon a single spot, the one which showed a slight sign of cracking earlier. His punches were straight, showing sings of improvement upon his bare handed skills.

Ren's eyes narrowed his eyes whilst throwing one punch after another, they were slowly becoming more accurate, while increasing themselves in power, not much but slightly. Even though he was gaining skill, he was still far ahead, the difference wasn't that significant, yet.

"Darn this is going to take a long time. Even though, I'm making great progress, I can feel my that my punches are getting better and better, and more accurate. Progress is slowly starting to show itself." he muttered to himself before retracting his right hand from the rock, as his fist was halfway inside the large boulder.

With a few gestures Ren opened up his menu, scrolling down his inventory in order to find a health potion, which he will eventually use and replenish his lost health. He gulped with without even wasting a single drop, making his health bar go from yellow to green, once more.

Ren snapped his head sideways whilst saying "You're going down, now. For once and for all." with a cocky tone. Slowly, he pulled his right arm back, clunching his fist tightly within the process, his muscles were getting tense while the veins were slowly starting to show themselves.

Small yellowish particles were starting to appear near Ren's fist as he drove it backwards, encasing his fist in matters of seconds, forming something similar to a aura around it. His eyes were narrowing whilst he kept grinding his teeths, getting ready for a final swing.

Without even a laying to waste a single moment, Ren swunged his fiery-like fist at the boulder in front of him. The strange aura was flickering upon the fist while friction was also made against the wind. "Break!" he screamed before delivering the final blow.

Ren's fist finally colided against the hard solid rock. A shattering sound was made by the bolder which immediately started dividing itself into two parts, slowly crumbling to pieces. A popping sound was heard not even a second later, catching Ren's attention.

A message popped up, indicating that there are some changes within his quest log. Ren quickly swipped his index finger a few times upon the window, searching for the unusual quest. His eyes widen whilst his jaw dropped, he a was a bit surprised about the message.

Ren was proud of his acomplishment, he kept reading the message a few times before closing the window. He couldn't believe the reward he was given, but without any further delay he quickly accepted it.

Congratulations!

You have learned the Extra Skill

Complete