(SP-F1) Facing his fear [Complete]

Inside his room in the Inn,he lie down. He try to sleep but to no avail. He feel that the event just now was a bad dream. He thinks about his family, "Can I see them again... How i wish for their warmth...". Death in this game means death in real world. Although it may not be true,he is not brave enough to test that fact.  He try to calm down for a while,inhale,exhale,jump from the bed,lie down again and sometimes punch the wall.

Finally regaining his composure,he then think what he should do next.

"Staying here forever won't get me anywhere.But going outside without experience would spell death."
"Hmm...that said,how do you battle a monster...."
"Maybe I should go to the nearest area outside the city tomorrow,just to learn this battle system....it's better than lying in this bed forever..."

The thought of battling a monster makes him shiver.His hand shakes;he quickly clench it to make it stop. After thinking for a while,he finally yawn and think that it's time for him to sleep.

"It's do or die...."

The next morning,he gets up and set out for his battle system try out. On his journey to the north city gate, he can see that there are many players wander around. He try to approach them,but due to his shyness he hold back. Finally he reach the gate. He see a huge plain,green field that seems endless. The weather is perfect and windy,not that he have time to enjoy it though.

He explore the plain,but didn't go far from the city. If he want to run,he can quickly reach the safe zone. Sometimes he can see a few players fighting some mobs. 

It's not long before he spot something brown from far. He slowly approach it with his weapon drawn from the scabbard on his belt. The brown thing maybe notice him too because it is getting closer. He finally know that he will face a small boar when both of them are in combat range.

"A wild boar,maybe I can start from here. Now all I have to do is be careful.."

He quickly assume combat stance like the one he always see in the other MMORPG. Suddenly,his hand shake and he break into cold sweat.

"What will happen if I lose this battle..."
"What if I truly die..."

The boar who apparently got aggro by his approach,attack him. He realized the situation but it's a little bit too late..

Yuji:  4/5 
Wild Boar: 4/4

He step back,noticing his HP drop.

"Ughh,if this keeps up,I will surely die"

Not going to repeat the same mistake,he deliver a slash on the boar's head.

• Rolled a 7 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 10 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 10 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Yuji: 4/5
Wild Boar: 3/4

He tried to dodge,but because he is still learning,his reaction is a little slow. The boar's tackle connect and he can see his HP bar drop into the yellow zone.

"If this keeps up,I will..."
"No,I won't die.Not like this!"

He grip his sword tightly and rush to the boar,trying to deliver a heavy blow.He hope that his hit will connect.

• Rolled a 10 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 9 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 6 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Yuji: 3/5
Wild Boar: 0/4

The boar,who is now dead shatter into million shards of crystal (data fragment). He quickly sit on the ground,the tense from the combat just now leave his body. A window appear,congratulating him for the defeat of the mob just now.

• Rolled a 2 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 2 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 14 on the d20 (loot) dice.

"Congratulations!"
"You gain 20 col"

"20 col for a life or death experience...totally not worth it... I guess it's better than nothing"
"Sigh...."
"When you fight for your life,it's sure not fun."

He gets up,tidying himself. His combat shake doesn't seem to appear now. He hopes that with more battle his combat shake will go away. But for now,he think that he have enough for a day. Decided to go back,he walk back carefully. He don't want to bump with any monster now,considering his injury.

After a short walk,he finally reach the city. Tired and fatigue overwhelm him. He decided to take a sleep even though it's still afternoon. He reach the inn and quickly go into his room. He lie on the bed with a heavy thump.

"Not bad for a one day experience...."

His mind wander for a while,thinking that if he didn't play this game maybe he won't have this kind of fate.

"Mother...father..."

He cry quietly till he fell asleep....