Recent Ads On Site

So some of you may have notice ads today. As I mentioned on the local chat, local chat is for in-character discussions and organization only. All other spam, chatting, non-RP, yelling, shouting, debates, drama, RWBY site, daily discussions that you all been providing everyday has caused me to add in advertisements. The local chat consumes resources, and resources cost money folks. The local consumes processing power because all the places it receives messages from everyone and refreshing the site every ten seconds to ensure everyone who uses it is up to date, but also conserves memory storing backlog messages.

I had taken steps to reduce this if you had or hadn't noticed. First off there was no flood limit, meaning you could keep sending short spam messages indefinitely. I made a 20 second limit in between messages 2 weeks ago. Second I reduced how much memory the local chat keeps. Previously it had none but then I limited it to 500 messages. Meaning once the next message hits 501, the oldest message gets deleted. The reason I haven't shortened this is because those who do use local chat for in character only like they should can click the archives to look back and catch themselves up on things.

I have expressed time and time again to use skype. Not only because it's free to everyone and available on almost everything, but it costs me nothing and you all can use and abuse it as much as you like. Some of you might not to use skype because of privacy reasons or think Skype is only voice chatting; when we aren't hosting a live voice chat call on Sundays the chat room is text only. And on those Sundays you can opt out of the voice chats or even go in mute so you can hear and type responses to the people talking. And if you don't want to use your own skype accounts, you can make a secondary account instead of your normal one and join our chat room by clicking the link at the top and bottom of the site.

But for now, the ads stay. If you don't like them then you can grab an ad blocker for your we browser like AdBlock+ like I use.