Here's a new one for you.

Writing exercise: something outside your comfort zone.

Now, I know a lot of you are here more for the fun of role playing and enjoying the interaction, and that's cool. The goal of this exercise is for that group of you who has a vested interest in getting better literary skill. I used to moderate on a site where the main goal all around was to write stories together, but then, a group of the moderators was trained to critique that writing and assign point values to it, which then translated to usable in-game monies and experience toward character levels (incentives- gotta love it).

Now, that all sounds very convoluted, but here's the point I'm getting to: there are no judges here, just your peers and yourselves. What you write, no one need even give you feedback on unless you want it. If you do, indicate so in your post somewhere so that it can be PMed to you (so that we don't bog this thread down with criticisms and comments.)

Now, here's your prompt: the character you're writing (doesn't even have to be your SAO character unless you want it to) is in a genre of your choice, and playing a role that you feel is not their strong suit. Make any necessary adjustments to their character and do not break the role.

And, in that dark, dark place, tell me a story. ;)

[skills tuned: writing outside your comfort zone, creativity]