SP: F3 & F1 <<Worn Out Welcome>> Quest (Complete)

He noticed something in his display that he'd not caught until just now. "Level Up".

"Oh, well that's helpful." Nathaniel said, smiling to himself, as he looked out at the next wolf he would attack. This one stood next to a massive tree. Nathaniel decided to try something fun with this one.

Battle: 5 (Nathaniel misses)

Rushing in, he sprang off the side of the tree in an attempt to put more force into the swing. Well, really it was mainly to look cool, but that was his justification for his silliness. but the angle at which he jumped off the tree didn't get him close enough to swing at the wolf. And now he stood in front of the wolf, waiting for his cue to dodge.

The wolf's eyes lit up as Nathaniel landed in front of him. It was probably unused to its prey throwing themselves at it.

Mob: 1 (The wolf misses)

The wolf went to lunge at Nathaniel, but it didn't spring off hard enough at first, due to its almost slipping on a patch of wet grass. This let Nathaniel hit in in the snout with the flat of his blade, knocking it away, whimpering.

Battle: 10 (Nathaniel hits for 3 damage, killing the wolf)

As the wolf whimpered from being knocked to the side, Nathaniel stepped in and chopped its head straight off. The wolf exploded into a burst of light and color.

Loot: 15

This time, when he went to loot the wolf, there was an item in its inventory, "Wolf Pelt".

"Finally!" Nathaniel groaned, chuckling a little. "Now I just need a couple more..." He muttered, sighting down on another wolf, closer to the treeline this time.

Battle: 5 (Nathaniel misses)

As Nathaniel rushed up behind the wolf, he nearly tripped over a fallen branch, and his avoiding it cost him the strike, and alerting the wolf to his being there. "Ach! I ALMOST had him!" He shouted, annoyed.

Now that the wolf knew he was there, it spun around, snarling and snapping its jaws, ready to attack.

Mob: 9 (Wolf hits for 2 damage)

The wolf turned around fast enough to catch Nathaniel in the knee before he rushed past. Again, in the left knee.

As Nathaniel fell, came up rolling, and reeled from the pain, he shouted at the wolf, "Why is it always the LEFT KNEE with you guys? Seriously!"

Nathaniel grunted in pain, and then prepared to lunge in at the wolf.

Battle: 9 (Nathaniel hits for 2 damage, killing the wolf)

Nathaniel lunged at the wolf, stabbing it straight in the snout, and causing it to howl in pain as it died, bursting into the usual explosion of digital color.

Loot: 4

As he went to loot the Wolf, he found that this one hadn't dropped a pelt either.

"Oh, seriously guys? Really? How many of you actually HAVE pelts? You all LOOK like you do!"

Muttering about how stupid this was, and how drop rates were dumb, he picked out another wolf along the treeline to attack.

Battle: 7 (Nathaniel hits for 1 damage)

Nathaniel rushed in at the wolf, slashing it up its snout as he darted past it. Howling in pain, the wolf reeled, and then turned slowly around, hate in its eyes.

"Well? Come get some, puppy dog!" Nathaniel taunted, feeling more comfortable now with the idea of being attacked by wolves.

The wolf prepared to oblige him, snarling and looking for weaknesses in his stance before it struck out.

Mob: 7 (Wolf hits for 1 damage)

The wolf lunged at Nathaniel, catching him on the arm with its fangs as Nathaniel MOSTLY sidestepped the lunge.

"Ha, is that all you got?" Nathaniel taunted, "I've had boars hit me harder than that!"

Nathaniel briefly marveled at how comfortable he'd suddenly become with facing down animals that were trying to kill him with nothing but a short sword, but then put the thought from his mind as he stepped in again.

Battle: 7 (Nathaniel hits for 1 damage, killing the wolf)

Nathaniel swung his blade in a series of loops, backing the wolf away before finally twirling it down to strike it in the neck, as he stepped to the side of it. The wolf whimpered in pain before bursting into colors, dying.

Loot: 15

Nathaniel opened the loot menu, and took the pelt that this one had had on it.

"THERE we go! Just gimme one more of these, and I can be on my merry way..." He said, surveying the area for another wolf, and picking one out that had wandered into the fields.

Battle: 2 (Nathaniel misses)

Nathaniel forgot that he didn't have the forest's trees to help block sight of him as he rushed the wolf, so he was a little surprised when the wolf simply turned to look at him, and then jumped away from his strike, snarling angrily.

"C'mon, wolfy. I just need ONE more pelt. Just one." Nathaniel said, turning and preparing to dodge the wolf's lunge that he knew was coming.

Mob: 3 (Wolf misses)

The wolf lunged, but Nathaniel had known which direction it was going to do so. He'd gotten used to the attack patterns of the wolves by this point. He easily let his body fall part of the way away, before swinging himself around to catch himself and remain standing.

The wolf looked confused that it hadn't bitten into the skinny little guy it had tried to bite, and that left it open for Nathaniel's next attack.

Battle: 1 (Nathaniel missed...poorly)

Nathaniel struck down at the wolf, having forgotten another part of their behavioral patterns, which was to jump forwards and turn around for their attack. Throwing himself deliberately off balance, he hoped to be able to dodge when the wolf lunged in at him this time. Mainly because he'd gotten REALLY tired of getting hurt badly by floor 1 mobs.

Mob: 7 (wolf hits for 1 damage)

The wolf managed to catch Nathaniel's right arm with its fangs, even as he spun himself away from the bite. It wasn't a BAD injury, but it still hurt. Nathaniel caught himself with his hand, and punched the ground with his sword arm, letting him push himself up to go and strike while the wolf was redirecting its momentum from the lunge.

Battle: 10 (Nathaniel hits for 3 damage, killing the wolf)

As the wolf caught itself, and slowed its momentum, Nathaniel stepped in and slashed at it in a flurry of strikes. Cutting it across the back, the ribs, the neck, and finally chopping its snout off, the wolf cried out in pain, before dying and bursting into the customary pattern of light.

Loot: 17

When Nathaniel went to loot it, he found that it had the last pelt he needed. Breathing out a sigh of relief, and then laughing happily, he shouted, "I got it! I finally got all the materials!" He dashed excitedly from the field, running back to the uncomfortable carriages, to take him back up to floor 3 and to that cozy little blacksmith's shop.

As Nathaniel was finally dropped off at the little town where the shop was, he walked in, being once again greeted by a burst of hot air, and the smell of molten metal.

"Ah, I see you made it back all right! How was your adventure?" Griswold's hearty voice boomed through the room as Nathaniel walked up to him.

"It was pretty good. I got more used to the fighting, and I got all the pelts you said I'd need." Nathaniel replied.

"Well, go take them up to my wife, Hanna. She'll have a vest churned out in a minute, tops." He barked, spitting into the forge, as he'd done before, and hammering away at a steel cuirass.

Nathaniel thanked him for his help, and walked up to the counter, right as Hanna popped out of the back of the shop.

"I heard my name being said?" She said, before seeing Nathaniel and smiling warmly. "Ah, there you are, dearie. Here, let me take those pelts and we'll get your vest done, lickety-split." She said, with her warm, matronly voice.

Handing the pelts over via quest menu, Nathaniel stood there while she used the system to turn the pelts into tanned leather, sew them up, put grommets and other metal bits to hold it on in the leather, and hold up a simple, brown leather vest. All in about 45 seconds.

"Here you are, sweetie. Thank you for being so gracious about our services. You know, most of the people who come in here don't even say "thank you"? It's refreshing to have someone as kind as you come into our shop."

Griswold grunted helpfully behind Nathaniel, and spat into his forge again.

"Well, I appreciate all the help you've given me. Good luck, and good day to you both." Nathaniel said, equipping the vest, giving a short bow to Hanna, and then to Griswold, and then walking to the door of the shop.

"I won't forget you, Hanna. And you neither, Griswold." Nathaniel said, as he prepared to leave the shop.

"And we will remember you as well, Nathaniel." Hanna said, smiling.