(The Gemini Quest SP- F4) Only one may exist

The floors seemed to be getting harder as a player can progress. When a player levels up, he gets stronger, so why shouldn't enemies do the same? They do, the floors act like different levels, the enemies level up as much as you do. That's why leveling up is a neccessity in gameplay, otherwise the enemy will beat you to the ground.

Arekkusu took his time to train, but one of the greatest challenges for him to find out is how far he can climb before he can stop. It had been a while since Arekkusu met a new player, so to see one in front of him made him jump a bit.

"Hello there." The NPC said to Arekkusu. "I'm giving away items to anyone who crosses me, but you must first beat me in a fight. Would you like to accept my challenge?"

Arekkusu was a level 6 player and lacked many items. In fact, the only thing Arekkusu has that's worth something is his weapon. The Rising Edge... can he depend on that weapon only?

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Arekkusu asked. He heard of duels, but never actually competed in one. Arekkusu didn't know if it was possible to die in a duel.

"It is safe I can assure you." The NPC said to Arekkusu. He seemed pretty sure about his answer, and it was enough to convince Arekkusu all right.

"All right then." Arekkusu replied. He looked through the menu in order to search for the duel requests until he noticed the NPC seemed blurry to Arekkusus eyes. Once the blurry image changed, the player was no longer there anymore, but another... Arekkusu?

Another Arekkusu. The world suffered enough with one of them, but for there to be two? That's insane! Arekkusu looked at the mirrored version of him, who seemed to be having no trouble with looking back at Arekkusu. The mirrored image quickly ran at Arekkusu, way faster than he can image.

Arekkusu then somewhat realized what the problem was. Since they were outside of a duel and outside a safe zone, this parallel of Arekkusu is going to strike at Arekkusu anyways. This wasn't safe at all, it was a fight to the death.

The mirrored Arekkusu used Arekkusus tactic in swinging his blade quicker than the enemy.

• Rolled a 3 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 7 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Arekkusu fell back and felt his stomach sliced, but not bleeding yet. Arekkusu had to fight a parallel, he had to know himself better than... himself.

Arekkusu: 14/15

Gemini Arekkusu: 15/15

Arekkusu got back onto his feet by rolling backwards. He shook himself off and held up his sword. "Duel started." Arekkusu saw his screen say with a message.

"I can't believe I'm doing this!" Arekkusu exclaimed. "All right faker time to die!"

Arekkusu held his sword in the same position that he always did. Arekkusu ran fast towards the mirrored enemy. He looked at the copy and felt even worse. It looked like Arekkusu before he became dependant and trusted people. This was the closest Arekkusu could get in order to get revenge on himself.

Arekkusu swung the blade from behind like he did before. The mirrored one seemed ready with the insane smile he had.

• Rolled a 4 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 3 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Arekkusus attack was blocked successfully. The mirrored enemy tried to counter the attack, but Arekkusu jumped back in time.

Gemini Arekkusu: 15/15

Arekkusu rushed forward when he landed. How can he land a good enough hit to kill the enemy? Maybe to take a different approach.

Arekkusu had his sword set to the left and was ready to swing it to the right. The mirror charged at well with the same tactic Arekkusu did before. They both then got in each others range, and they both sliced their blades, the metal making contact with skin.

• Rolled a 6 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 5 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Arekkusu barely hit the mirrored version of him, but he did. The blade hit below the enemy's chin, causing the enemy to fall back. Arekkusu has a chance to capitalize right now if he wanted to!

1+1 (Rising Edge)

Gemini Arekkusu: 13/15

Arekkusu landed the hit, but the mirrored Arekkusu seemed to be having no trouble. As if he were actually going easy on Arekkusu.

"Wipe the stupid grin off your face!" Arekkusu exclaimed. He hated his old self so badly and would do anything to get rid of it. Arekkusu wanted to escape so badly, even if it means dying in this fight.

Arekkusu charged at his parallel, who just stood there ready for Arekkusu to strike. When Arekkusu got in range, he swung for the head of the enemy.

• Rolled a 3 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 10 on the d10 (mob) dice.

The mirrored Arekkusu caught the regular Arekkusus blade mid-air. Then he pierced through Arekkusu through his stomach, causing Arekkusu to fall on his knees. The blood was intense (Bleeding, -1 per turn for two turns.) pouring out of Arekkusu quickly. Then the parallel kicked Arekkusus body while it was down into the air far away.

Arekkusu: 10/15 (Bleeding= 1 turn left)

Gemini Arekkusu: 13/15

Arekkusu felt his body hit the ground hard. His vision was a bit blurry, which wasn't too good for the current moment. He slowly stood up to his feet, he had plenty of health left, but he took a rough his. His wound didn't make things any easier either. Arekkusu was really pissed off with his other side, the one that caused him to be like this.

"It's only going to be one of us!" Arekkusu exclaimed. "And that one will be me!" Arekkusu then ran towards his copy. He sliced at the face once again, the other Arekkusu still just standing.

• Rolled a 9 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 6 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Arekkusus copy sliced at Arekkusu successfully, but Arekkusu ignored the pain and actually pulled forward through the sword and actually hit the enemy between the eyes. Then Arekkusu went back.

Arekkusu: 8/15 (Bleeding extended for one more turn, Bleeding= 1 turn left)

Gemini Arekkusu:: 10/15

Arekkusu felt his body ache so much. His body endured so much pain, it was a wonder to see why he is even alive. Arekkusu wasn't as mad though, he felt a bit satisfied. However, the fight wasn't over. Arekkusu had to finish the fight.

Arekkusu charged at the fallen enemy, who is left exposed to an attack. Arekkusu charged at the mirrored version of him and jumped over its head while it was down.

• Rolled a 10 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 5 on the d10 (mob) dice.

The mirrored enemy tried to uppercut Arekkusu, but Arekkusu knew that would happen. Arekkusu successfully jumped over the enemy without getting so much as a cut. Arekkusu then sliced at the enemy from behind, which made the enemy fall badly. It was obvious the parallel was getting weaker.

Arekkusu: 7/15 (Bleeding effect lifted)

Gemini Arekkusu: 4/15

Arekkusu then saw the mirrored version of himself stand up, not even slowly, he was just standing. "Arekkusu." The mirrored enemy said. "You don't deserve another chance to live."

Arekkusu held his ground and kept his sword up, just in case the enemy had a different tactic. "Who the hell are you to tell me that?" Arekkusu asked.

The mirrored enemy turned his head towards Arekkusu, smiling with insanity in his grin. "You can't even control yourself." The mirrored enemy replied. "You can't control those you love, you can't control your anger, and you can't even control your own life. you let every happen by chance, they call people like you failures."

Arekkusu was then angered once again. This imposter is calling Arekkusu a failure? Arekkusu hated the fact that it looked like it was himself telling that to him.

"At least my existance is real!" Arekkusu exclaimed. "What would you know about what I go through? You are fake! Too weak to even fight me as yourself!"

"Your father was a drunk." The mirrored enemy said. "He died in a bar fight didn't he. And you wasted your pathetic little life following a road that will end up leading you to where he is today. You hate everyone Arekkusu and you know it. You can talk about trust and friends and all that garbage, but when it comes to where it really counts, you are the most hateful person anyone has ever seen!"

Arekkusu hung his head down and clenched his teeth. the torture of listening to these lies was hurting him. Or at least what he wants to believe are lies, he knows he trusts people and will actually accept them into his life.

"Shut up!" Arekkusu exclaimed. "You don't know the whole story! You don't know what happened! Maybe he had reason to be there! So stop acting like you know who I am when you don't even have time to be yourself!"

"At least my life isn't so dysfunctional just like your family." The enemy replied.

That did it, Arekkusu was so pissed off now, he turned cold. He called his family dysfunctional... the people in the real world he loved so much. Arekkusu held up his blade.

"You're going to regret the day you were ever born." Arekkusu said coldly.

"And there's the anger." The mirrored enemy continued, ignoring Arekkusus threat. "You're anger is out of control, it is impossible to ever start talking about how long you have had what you call Darkness in you. what, you can't handle things on your own anymore?"

"Maybe you should think before you speak." Arekkusu replied. "Before I come over there and smash it to pieces."

The mirrored version of Arekkusu didn't even Flinch. He still smiled, regardless of what the regular Arekkusu did.

"And if you think you are a failure with that alone, lets examine your life on Sword Art Online." He said to Arekkusu. "You know, the world you want to be a better person in, but you are just one sad lonely little boy who is no better than the one in the real world."

"You think that will hurt me!?" Arekkusu screamed. "I've done nothing wrong! I have become what I have always wanted to become ever since I got here!"

The mirrored version of Arekkusu just crossed his arms. He didn't care about Arekkusus comments, yet Arekkusu continued.

"Denial, denial, denial." The mirrored enemy said. "You left players behind, you assaulted players, you only think about yourself when it comes to battles, and the main character of Sword Art Online is you in your tiny imagination. You need to wake up, but once I am done with you, you will be put to sleep."

"You speak lies!" Arekkusu exclaimed, but not backing up his statements. What can he say, the claim is sadly true, no matter how much Arekkusu wanted to deny it.

"You are a failure." The enemy said to Arekkusu. "You are conceited, you are a theif, you are a mental murderer, I'm going to hurt you so badly when we draw swords."

"You bastard!" Arekkusu exclaimed. "Go to hell!"

Arekkusu ran quickly at the mirrored enemy, ready to end its life. Arekkusu heared enough and he wanted to kill the enemy so badly. He would do anything to kill the enemy, even if that's the last thing Arekkusu would ever do in life.

"Heh." The enemy said. "Lets go."

• Rolled a 7 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 10 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Arekkusu swung at the mirrored enemy and successfully hit him. However, there was no fallback effect applied, the enemy didn't even move.

The mirrored enemy sliced at Arekkusus head and sent Arekkusu flying backwards very far. No blood was drawn however, so the impact wasn't as devastating.

Arekkusu: 4/15

Gemini Arekkusu: 2/15

"Hey why don't we play a game."  Mirrored Arekkusu said.

"Shut your mouth!" Arekkusu hissed. "We're fighting! I won't play your stupid games anymore!"

"I have 2 health left." Mirror Arekkusu stated. "You have 4. So this will be an all or nothing game. I will-"

"I said shut up!" Arekkusu yelled trying to slice at his parallel enemy.

Rolled a 2 on the d10 (battle) dice

The enemy however kept on stepsiding Arekkusus attacks. It was hard to keep up with a blur.

"I will drop my weapon in front of me." Mirrored Arekkusu continued. "You do the same, then we take ten steps back. When that is done, we will both charge at our weapons. Then we will start striking from there."

"And why should I trust you?" Arekkusu asked as he jumped back a good distance away from the mirrored enemy. He knew fighting like that would be reckless, but at least he had a chance of hitting the enemy.

"Because you have trusted everyones word in this game." The enemy replied. "another flaw you have, in here, you believe everything everyone tells you. The word for that is gullible. So do you accept my challenge?"

Arekkusu tilted his head down and crossed his arms. Was this the chance to end the battle? Are there any possible strings to be attached? Of course there are, cheating. Then again, Arekkusu can see what's going on and react fast enough to stop it.

"I..." Arekkusu started.

Arekkusu had everything to lose if he took this risk. He is playing Russian Roulette if he played this game. Both had their health shot down pretty far. Judging from the distance between them both, if they both ran fast and either one makes a strike, the other will fall easily.

Is this hard to do? To let it all come down to something as simple as a game seemed risky. But Arekkusu must do anything he needed in order to kill his opposite. Hitting him won't be effective from up front, so this was his only chance.

"I..." Arekkusu said.

"I accept!" Arekkusu exclaimed. "I'll kill you with this game!"

The mirrored enemy just smiled and dropped his sword in front of him. He crossed his arms, waiting for Srekkusu to do the same. Arekkusu had a strong grip on his blade, not wanting to let it go. He held out his arm, then let go of the weapon, tempted to pick it back up. Arekkusu then walked back slowly, taking ten shaky steps before he started running for his sword.

In Arekkusus mind, time slowed down to a point in which he felt like he could have his own monologue.

"I won't let you harm me anymore." Arekkusu said. "I won't let you drag me down with you. You don't exist anymore, you have no reason to act the way you do. but you wouldn't understand that, because you are in denial. Therefore I need to end you and put you down, you don't drag anyone else down with you. Your self-pity ends here. I am not you, and I will never be you again, you think you have had it much harder than everyone else, but you are just being conceited. I wont let you come back again!"

Arekkusu let out the loudest yell he could. He was ready to end what he had started. "RAGH!"