[SP F6] <<The Gemini> or How I learned to love myself... again.[Complete]

Celes left the village on the sixth floor with her pack full. She was sure that if she trained on this floor se would be able to continue leveling. She needed to level grind in order to prepare for the upcoming boss.

As she walked down the road she noticed many of floor six' monsters nearby it was an NPC that caught her attention. A young man who had what could only be described as the most generic face she had ever seen. All of his features were average. So average it was almost like it was an amalgamation of all of the average traits she had ever seen.

Celes thought back to her meeting with an information broker in the lower levels. "i hear its a rough battle but you get a very special reward, and  <<Extra Skill>> but my sources tell me conflicting results. Some tell me of one reward, others tell me others, It just doesnt seem right."  Celes considered this for a moment "So far people havent died right? if thats the case, then maybe I'll try and find it!" She went back to her inn later that night and prepared herself to go to the sixth floor the next day...

Once her preparations were finished she looked at her journal. Stories she had collected. She thought back to her nights back home, laying in bed with her love, holding hands.... 

"tell me a story" 

"What kind of story?" 

"The most beautiful sunset you've ever seen...." 

That beautiful laughter

"The most beautiful sunset?  off the beach at my grand parents house, the sun painst the sky and sets it on fire, its so beautiful, you just sit and stare. we used to rate them you know? one to ten..." 

A story every night for three years. Everything in my heart, everything in hers. we know each other too well, but here I am growing without you. Do you still tell me stories?

She finished writing the stories in her journal and went to bed, for the first night in a long time, she cried herself to sleep....

He looked at her and smiled a blank smile "Hello adventurer" He said in a hollow voice, almost an echo of other voices she'd heard. "I have a proposition for you, if you are willing. Accept this and you will be given great rewards. Faceme adventurer, defeat me in a one on one battle, and I will teach you an <<Extra Skill>>"

He prepared himself for battle, and looked directly at her "So what do you say?!" 

Accept this quest?
<<Yes>> <<No>>

Celes rememebred back to her conversation with the information broker, and pressed <<Yes>>

Looking at her ooponent she breathed, concentrating.

She readied her spear

Three, two, one Go!!

(1208,BD 5, mob 10) 

She slashed with her spear slashing at him, but he shimmered suddenly, missing the hit. Celes was thrown back suddenly as he changed. His image becoming that of her own.

A voice just like her own said "Well then, Its only fair if we are equal right?" She pulled out a spear and began her attack....

Celes Swung the devastator at her impostor (1209, BD 5, mob 8) She hit hard (DMG 5, DM 1=4) and then jumped back to avoid her enemy's hit. "Too slow" it said with a voice too much like her own. (DMG 2-1DM, 1). Celes fell back, rolling to her feet and returning to a fighting stance. "You cant beat me" she said to her clone.

It began to laugh, an inhuman laughter "Beat you?! Beat? you! I AM you!" 

Celes 14/15

Nega-Celes 11/15

Celes ground her teeth, I wont lose, not to some impostor! She focused her energy and attacked (1211, BD 7 Mob 8) he spear dug into her own shoulder, no her enemy's. (DMG 5, DM1=4). The nega Celes slashed at her with her spear (Dmg 2, DM1=1) 

Celesmeh 13/15

Nega-Celes 7/15

More memories flooded her

Standing in the kitchen, dancing to jazz while dinner simmered... 

i miss you... 

She looked at her clone,Did she really look that tired? how long had she been stuck here?

Celes flung herself forward, she felt her sword skill take over as her enemy did the same "Alright, Devastator!"  she roared as she ran forward. (1214, BD 8, mob 8) (DMG 5, DR1=4) She flet a cut in her shoulder just as she drove her spear into the clone's shoulder (Dmg 2, DM 1=1)

Celesmeh 12/15

Nega-Celes 3/15

Would she laugh at that name? The Devastator, would she think me silly? or brave? I can be brave for you my dear... With you....

She swung again (1215, BD2, mob 7) but she was blocked by her cpy, as she felt a slash against her chest(DMG 1). She cried out in rgar and focused herself. Serenity, i need to cal my self and focus... focus.... focus She stabbed forward, letting instinct guide her (1213,BD 7) (DMG 4). Her copy shimmered again as she felt to the floor. 

"Well, you did very well, alright then, I will give you my gift! (1217 Loot 18) This is my <<Disguise>> Skill, When you use it you will temporarily gain the appearance of your opponent, disorienting them in battle!"  He laughed as he shimmered, disappearing before her eyes. 

"That was weird," she thought as she looked at the skill screen, sure enough <<Disguise>>  was there. 

Celes wondered what her love would think, of being able to change just like that- 

You are beautiful just the way you are... i love you this way, all of you..." 

That was a rough conversation, it had taken place after a panic attack... she felt so worthless, but no she had taught me...

...to love myself.... 

Celes began her walk back, slowly thinking about what she had seem. The NPC had matched her every move, hit for hit, even her mistakes...  she thought about the battle. the places where she had slipped and tripped up. She began to beat herself up until... thats right, she was loved, she was 'perfect' to ...to her... i am perfect and that is all i need, to be hers and survive.

She sent a message to her information broker. 

<<Got disguise, possibly dependent on how fight goes, very interesting, you owe me>> 

she looked at her HUD

Send message?
<<yes>>  <<No>>

Se'd be able to charge him for information later, its not cheap but its a living... she wondered when she got so used to this world, this place.... it was so different and yet she had fallen into a routine... 

She returned to her inn and set down her things, She had recently gotten more skills and had things to do, so she pulled down her HUD. she began to Organize. 

She didnt know what she wanted to be, A tank?  maybe? or maybe be able to evade attacks while hitting? 

Fortunately the thoughts of what to do filled her mind, allowing her to sleep properly. 

She awoke the next morning to a message from her info. broker <<i'll go test it now, tell you what I find i.o.u>> 

He was always exploring, but no matter the iou was all she needed, now she had to focus on getting stronger, and preparing for the boss. She decided to go hunting. 

She was able to find some monsters to fight, two giant beetles.. 

Beetle 1 7/7

Beetle 2 12/12

Celes readied her spear and focused. Her swords skill came as easily as it had the first day. Dive and Strike. (1224 Bd2, mob 8)  She missed, first shot, missed. Damn, this is an ill omen indeed. She turned, trying to attack but was too late, the bug whacked her with her horn. (DMG 3, DM1, 2)  She turned to the second beetle too late (1225, mob 8) it hit her as well, hard (DMG 2) 

Celesmeh 11/15

Beetle 7/7

beetle 12/12

She coughed in pain for a moment before recovering. She concentrated and refocused, (1226 BD 10, mob 3) Che hit the first beetle hard, slicing its horn (DMG 5+2 7) The creature reared a second before disintegrating into a million bits of information. The second one charged at her, catching her side (1227, mob 8, DMG 2). Celes cursed silently as she ran forward to attack again.

Celesmeh 9/15

Beetle DEAD

beetle 12/12

Celes ran forward again, her spear guiding her (1228, BD8, mob 4) She pierced his side, slashing upwards (DMG 5) the beetle tried to turn and attack but rushed by and missed. Celes jumped up and ran forward, trying to catch the beetle off guard. she raced forward with her spear in hand. 

Celesmeh 9/15

Beetle DEAD

beetle 7/12

Celes prepared for the final attack but the beetle caught her first (1233, 3, 10) (Dmg 2, activates thorns and does 1 damage to self). The beetle screeched as the thorns in Celes' armour dug into it. Celes grabbed her spear and attacked again (1236, BD 9) and cut the beetle in half. It fell to pieces before her.... 

She fell to the floor, checking her inventory for any mats or loot, (1238 loot 18) she looked at the 60 col in her inventory, and at her health bar and sighed. "Not worth it... " 

She began her slow walk back to the inn. 

She returned to the inn to rest, going to take a warm bath and recover. She began to soak and forget her worries, thinking of a happier time. Thinking to her battles that day she realized that the best way to get stronger would be to train harder. Items alone couldn't help her. She needed to move.  Eventually Sleep overcame her, allowing her to rest calmly... for one night at least. 

She woke up the next morning and immediately went back to her shop on the second floor, dropping off the items she didnt need and rearranging the few items in her shop, she prepared herself to craft and create. She sat at her journal once more, adding yesterday's battle, and thinking of how she would tell her stories. She alway embellished the truth, but her darling always saw through it...  I never needed to lie to you....