[SP-F-2] Breaking the unbreakable, kind of a paradox, isn't it?

Celes walked up to the stone, it was larger than she expected, but she couldnt believe that no one had managed to break it. it looked like normal stone.  She began her attack, aiming her spear at a small section of the boulder. She hit. Hard, nothing happened. She tried kicking it. Nothing. Her information broker had mentioned soemthign about weapons not being able to break it but.. how else? she could kick it but she already saw not much came of it. 

No i cant give up. I need to train, maybe if i just hit it.. maybe if i keep hitting it i'll weaken it? 

She began her attacks...

[the stone will only break on a loot dice roll of 20, any NPC information will add a +1 bonus to the loot dice, any hit with a loot over 9 will count as -1 to the HP of the stone.] 

She continued to hit it for the rest of the day (1535, 19) while she thought she was close it just wasnt enough, she tried again (1536, 16). At the end of the day she went back to the inn, finding an NPC to talk to who could possibly help her. There was an old man, who was an PC living in the forest. It was told that his house near the waterfall held the secrets to a new fighting style. He was supposed to help in the quest. Though it wasn't necessary. Celes didn't want to admit her defeat, but still she had no idea how to break that rock....  

she took the next day to prepare and walk toward the forest. She knew more or less where his house should be...

She arrived, only to find no one home... 

She searched for the NPC, eventually finding him in  a clearing fighting what looked to be giant plants. Nepents, of course! She rushed in "Dont worry old man, i'll help you out!" 

She ran forward, hitting the first nepent (537, 7, mob 1) and slashed it,  it broke apart into a million pieces. The next nepent tried to slash at her, but she dodged. She ran and struck once more (1538, bd6) She cut it clear in half. She smiled, these use dto be so hard for her to battle, and yet... Now? Now they were nothing. 

She turned to the old man. "Hello sir, you wouldnt happen to be the owner of that cabin, would you?  If so I have a few questions for you..." 

The old man smiled and took her back to his cabin "I know what you are here for. Many have approached me before..." he walked toward the edge of the room, and picked up wahat looked like a small rock. " That, that is all that is left of the boulder that was blocking the waterfall here. that water supplies the rivers that run to the towns nearby. Many years ago I was an adventurer like you. Now, now I just wish lo live alone. Btu i suppose, you have come for it too." 

He smiled wearily, even though this was a game Celes couldnt help but see years of wear in his eyes. "You are right, I am here for that. I need to learn, to become as strong as I can. Maybe then... Please sir, it is for someone I love!" 

The man smiled "I was in love once, But we were never able to marry. Now I hear she has died. She went with me on many adventures, when we were too old to adventure I even gave her my sword. BUt now.. now all i have is the techniques I have learned over the years., btu you saved me, it is true. I will teach you what I know." 

He sat down on the ground, her HUD appreading before her 

Begin training session?
<<Yes>> <<No>>

she pressed yes and sat down. 

Suddenly her equipment disappeared "Your things will return soon, but for now we need no distractions... "Focus on your body, breathe in, and out. As you inhale feel how your body is connected to the world around you. We are all connected. that means that when you are fighting, you are as connected to the monsters you fight as those who battle with you. That is how you learn... connect, focus and feel the thread that connects us, when you see it, strike." 

Celes focus, suddenly seeing her HUD change for a moment. Instead of the menu, or the man in front of her, she saw the connections within everything, as if likes of code connected them all. She was in awe at what she was seeing, and in a moment, it s was all gone. The old man smiled. "You saw it, didnt you? Ah yes, it is always amazing when you see it. You are lucky, not many have been able to complete the exercise." 

Celes smiled, this was amazing, and maybe if she could culture this talent she could manage something special. Her vision cleared. She was back in the cabin with the old man, wearing her armour and weapons. He looked at her. "No weapon can break the stones, but if you know where to strike, you can hit it where it will weaken, and you will truly learn about this world."

The old man let her stay the night she enjoyed the company, even if it was an NPC. he told her storiess about monsters and about developing his skills. Some which she found very interesting, and decided to keep from her information broker. She promised to see him again and set off back to the town. this time she was ready to face that stone again.

Celes returned to the boulder, this time she was ready. She unequipped everything she owned, hearing giggles from other players watching the spectacle. She sat down and closed her eyes. returning to the state that the old man had shown her. Everything is connected..... everything... and. there it was, she found it. The point in the stone where it was connected to the ground, and a point in the stone, connected to the world. Of course, that was where she needed to hit. 

She exhaled and inhaled again, hitting the stone with her next exhalation (1549, 1) she sighed, the laughter from others was distracting her. SHe tried again, this time emptying her mind of everything. (1550, 20) she hit the stone, it began to crack down the side. That was it! she hit again and again and again. That was it, the stone exploded into a thousand pieces. sle looked in the bottom under the stone and found a chest. 

Celes jumped down into the hole left by the boulder. The passersby werent laughing now, the were watching in awe as celes went down into the pit and opened the treasure. Her HUD flashed <<New skill!>  she smiled, moving out of the pit and re-quipping her things. she checked her Skills and saw <<Martial Arts>> it was ranked. though she didnt have the skill points for it yet, she would be sure to work on it later.

Celes walked back to the town and sent her information broker a message "I got a new skill, I think you will like it, I am not sure you have all of the information on how to get it" she laughed as she immediately got a message from back from her info broker friend. "meet me tonight". She sent him her location, and decided to meet in a small restaurant, hidden deep in the village. 

the met as the sun was setting, Celes happily eating an eclair as she started "You owe me one, the new skill is for martial arts, you need to meditate until you find out where to hit it. There are npc's in town that can help. But for the most part you need to focus your energy," 

Her info broke laughed "Focus? oh no i need more than that!" 

Celes smiled, "Now now, i cant give you everything, But what i can tell you is that if you focus yourself completely and empty your mind youll see something that may aid you in crushing that rock, there is a chest hidden under it, THAT is where you will acquire the new skill. There, is that enough information?"  the broker smiled. It was enough, he would owe her now, and that meant more information later. they got up, their transaction completed.