[SP-F3] Amidst Silence

Amidst Silence

Panel 01

The weather was fair and calm.

Trembling footsteps, could be heard, echoing through the plains. As they we’re marching, in a strategic formation towards the a certain place. Upon arrival, they surrounded the cave, forming a wall arround it.

Panel 2

A small group, went searching, inside the cave. Their screams, were sudden. A utter silence, has fallen.

Two eyes could be seen, glittering inside the cave. A large dark shadow started shaping on the ground, as it was slowly approaching them. The figure was large in size. The figure didn’t resemble that of a man, it was a monster.

Panel 3

“Arrrrrggghhhhhhh†was the blazing scream, the monster made. Making himself, heard all over the plains. Striking fear, into their hearts. His shout, was so terrefing, even the mountaints, started shivering at its pressence. In a sudden move, he started dashing and slamming everything in its path. The earth was shattering, by its force.

The grass was no longer green. The lakes were no longer blue. All was coverd, in a dark crimson mantle of blood.

Panel 4

Ren’s heart was racing. When suddenly, a strange feeling strucked him, rendering his moves completely. It wasn’t pain that he felt in that moment, it was fear, a fear so intense, that could penetrate your spine. He tried showing no emotions, but his efforts were in vain. Such an act, could not be easily, ignored.

Panel 5

He knew that his skill were useless, against such strength. Ren stood there, pondering on the situation, when unexpectedly a glimpse of light, started twinkling in his head. Quickly he shouted “Everyone! Regroup, don’t fall behind the line and concentrate your attacks, that way we will be able to defeat this creature.†with a shattering tone.

Panel 6

After a few coordinated attacks from the group, the monster started loosing hp. Ren then realized that things, which may appear bluntly, may have a different view, a different perspective or reason, if you've viewed them from a different angle. Calculating, analyzing and observing, may sometimes be more useful than pure and raw strength. But such things are uncertain, and could only be discovered in time.

Panel 7

"Everyone, get ready for a final attack!" Ren screamed once more, before gathering those around him and lunging forth towards the monster. One after another, the attacks were slowly but surely connecting with the monsters, his health bar was now drastically getting lower.

Panel 8

Few moments later the monster slowly started to desintegrate himself as the the following message appeard upon a greyish interface after monster completely disappeared.

Congratulations!!

The message brought bough joy and sorrow. Some were happy that they've made it alive, while the rest were sad for those who had fallen under this fight. Ren on the other head, was speechless. Baffled by the people who could enjoy themselves, for him this was nothing more then a nightmare.

Panel 9

A few hours earlier...

The sun was shrouded by clouds, barely peeking over the horizon, revealing itself from time to time, only for small periods. Ren had nothing better to do, so he decided to grind a few mobs. He was walking through the plains searching for all kind of small packs of monsters, as he was solo and not within a party.

Panel 10

He had to remain a few more days within the lower floors, as he decided to obtain the best gear that he could find, before heading through a dungeon alone. His plans was to become a clearer, which meant that he had to focus a bit on maximizing his stats before leveling up, at least in his point of view.

Panel 11

"I'm really pumped for some action, can't wait to run into some mobs." Ren said while displaying a cocky attitued. With heavy footsteps he continued walking around the plains, when suddenly he noticed a group of players.

"What's happening here?" he thought for himself, before hiding himself behind a tree, peeking at the group.

Panel 12

"The cave's close, we're almost there. Take out your weapons and prepare yourself, men." the leader of the group said towards a few players which were following him. It was a group of eight players, all of them between the levels one and three, only the leader standed out a bit more then the rest, he was level five.

Panel 13

"What are those idiots doing, that cave... is the lair of a Flag Boss. I don't even think that I can defeat him, yet along this guys..." Ren said before quickly sprinting towards the group, he wanted to stop them before they might do something dangerous.

Panel 14

"Newcomer, wait for your turn. We're going first at this Boss, you're free to go, we'll handle this ourselves." the man had spoken with a arrogant tone. The rest of the guild slowly reached down for their weapons, facing them towards Ren. "Keep calm boys, we're not here to fight this guy. We're after the monster, remember?" he said whilst gesturing them to stop.

Panel 15

"You can't go there!" Ren shouted at them while making a worrying face. "That boss is very tricky to defeat, that's why he's still alive. I've seen a lot of players that died when they've tried facing him." he added a second later, as he was desperately trying to stop the group.

Panel 17

"I see... you're not going to follow my advice. How ignorant... do whatever you wish, I just hope you'll get to see tomorrow." Ren said before turning his back at the group, slowly walking away, in the opposite direction of the cave. He was a bit disappointed, but he tried to do his best, there was nothing more than he could have done.

Panel 18

"What an idiot... We'll meet once more, after I'm getting my cool loot." the leader said, while ordering his guild to march forward. The clouds were slowly starting to disappear, while the wind slowly stopped blowing, the weather was now, fair and calm.

Panel 19

Guilt was slowly starting to ecanse Ren, he thought that leaving them behind, in there ignorance might not be such a great idea. After a few minutes of walking, he quickly dashed back towards the cave, as he now decided to help them with their battle, hoping to save whatever he can.

Panel 20

As Ren was running back towards the cave, screams were echoing through the plains, the fight already started. "I really must make haste, or else... I might get there too late, so many people might die..." Ren thought whilst he started running a bit faster, giving all he had in order to reach there in time and help those in need.

Complete