[SP-F1] Cooking Mania:Baby Steps

There he was laying on the roofs of one of the NPC's shops; Aio spent the previous night in a saddend state, watching the stary night sky. He was trying to forget everything; trying to forget that he was trapped in a game and he didn't have to fear anything. Though he knew he was wrong; Aio managed to calm down and fell asleep right on top of the roof. As morning came, the sun glared on to his face. "Hey you!, get off my roof, does this look like a motel!", an NPC shouted from down below.

Aio let out a sigh and got down. He felt so weak and barely able to move; he hadn't had a snack for two days. "I think i should get a job or something; i can't keep eating bread and water, its getting old fashioned now. Hmm, maybe i'll become a cook." He let out a great smile, thinking about all the different meals he could make. He didn't cook much in the real world; but since was just a game he thought it probably won't be really hard.

"I guess i better get started; i would need some ingredients and some money. Then i would sell my food to hungry players hihi." He took a deep breath, making sure he was ready to start playing the game for real now. He took a look at his equipmment and skills statistics. "Hmm i guess im not really strong since i didn't choose a weapon skill. Least i can make is 1 damage. But i'm pretty sure this Search&Detect skill will come in quite handy. I'm an adventurer after all not a fighter. Alright! Lets do this." Aio made his way out of the Town Of New Beginnings and into the grasslands to begin his hunt for ingredients.

A gentle breeze blew right across the grasslands causing the grass to sway with ease. Aio looked at the different kinds of mobs wandering the grassy fields. Pigs, boars and rams were abundant everwhere he looked. "The grasslands are really beautiful, it feels so realistic. I wonder if bacon will drop if i killed a pig. Hmm, i guess i'll find out on my way back. I'm going to check out that cave over there, maybe i''ll find some mushrooms." The cave Aio was approaching was pitch black inside; only bits of the entrance were visible as it was covered by bushes and shrubs. As he cleared them out, he took a little peek into the cave. "Hello! Anybody home!." He heard squishy sounds and sweeping but he couldn't see what was making the noise. "Hmm, how am i going to get some light in here?" Aio took another step closer into the cave. As soon as he did torches lit up by themselves one by one down into a cave revealing a long tunnels and some mobs. "Eek, are those slimes? They look kinda cute." He giggled and prepared his sword for battle. "Ok, i just want to get some ingredients so let me kill you green slimy." The slime appeared neutral; but Aio knew that most mobs would attack back if they were hit. "Ok get ready Mr.Slimy."

Slimestand.gifSlime HP:2/2

ID:2012 8 4 19 5Slimemove.gifSlime HP 0/2

Wham! Aio raised his straight sword and swiped it straight down onto the slime as hard as he could. "Ah what?! -1 damage? Aww but i hit it as hard as i could.!" The slime then got enraged and performed a jumping attack on him. "Eek!" Aio went into defensive pose, crouching down ot reduce the damage. Thud! Aio felt the slime hit him but when he took a look at his HP bar, he had received no damage. "Haha, i guess i'm tougher than i thought. Woohoo! Alright Mr.Slimy, here comes the next attack. This time you won't survive my blow." Aio performed a spin and angled his sword diagonally to strike the slime. He closed his eyes and hit the slime as hard as he could.

ID:2015 10 1 2 7

Aio performed a crtical hit on the little fella and it split into two. "Whoosh! Yey i got one!. Aww but no loot. I guess i'm gonna have to keep grinding these slimes till i get something. Let me just take a break." Aio sat down as he watched the other slimes move aimlessly all over the cave. They still didn't attach him even though he just killed on of their kind. "It would be nice to keep one as a pet." He thought. " Alright, round two! Come here slimeys!

But before he could attack; other different kinds of slimes came into view. "Oh wow! That's so awesome! I think im gonna give them all names! Okkie here goes!"

Slimestand.gifYou'll be Lime Slime.

Bubbling.gifYou'll be Bubbly Slime.

Cubeslime.png You look weird, hihi you'll be Cube Slime.

Goldenslime.Png So bright! You'll be Goldy Slime.

Street_Slime.PNGYou look like Lemon Slime.

Oslime.pngAnother weird slime you'll be Grindy Slime

.Devil_Slime.PNG Umm, Prindy Slime!

Red_Slime.PNGYey! Strawberry Slime.

Slimexmas.gifOoo A very special slime; Twinkle Slime!

"Hihi you must all make different flavours and tastes in foods; i could use you slimeys for that." Aio stood up and got ready to attack. "Well, i wish i wouldn't have to kill you guys to get some essences. Hmm but i haven't tried another method have i? Maybe i could just scoop out a piece from your jelly bodies huh; and since this is a game you guys could grow your bodies back like we players do hihi." Aio scooped his hand into the jelly body and tried to scoop out some of it. "Hmm, will this work?"

ID:2016 9 11 13 8

"Aww, even if i got a Search & Detect skill this doesn't really work. At least you didn't attack me huh Mr. Slimy hihi." The slime jumped away, deeper into the cave. Aio sighed "I've got to keep trying; just one more try before i attack them, it doesn't feel right killing such cute slimes. He looked at his level on the hud. "Oh wow i didn't realised i was level 2, yey me!"

ID:2018 10 6 18 2

"Come here Mr.Slimy!: Aio plopped his hand to Lime Slime and tried another attempt at obtaining loot. "You're so gooey Mr.Slime hihi;.. oh? Whats this?"

MATERIAL OBTAINED!

1X ASSORTED INGREDIENT

"Yay! I knew i could do it. Thank you Lime Slime. I'll just keep trying to get one type of each essence for now. But i could try using a sword to see if i get more items and other stuff; i promise it'll just be this once." Aio raised his sword upon Bubbly Slime and striked it as hard as he could.

ID:2019 9 3 2 6

"Ow wow it's a critical hit; hmm i guess it doesn't matter how hard i swing the sword, i just have to hit my target with reasonable force. Oh and look i got another item and some col. Yuppiee!"

Bubbling.gifHP: 0/2

MATERIAL; COL OBTAINED!

1X ASSORTED INGREDIENT

10 COL

"Well i did promise Mr.Slimey i wouldn't attack anymore; besides i don't really get much col. Alright! time for some slime scooping! But just two more mob kills; pwease forgive me Mr.Slimey, i'll make your deaths quick." Aio went straight ahead to attack cube slime; it was a lot slower than the other slimes. Swoosh! Aio performed another diagonal strike on the slimey.

ID:2024 10 7 3 6

It was another critical hit; and the cube slime materialized into tiny pixels but no pop up message. "Aww, i guess i deserve that for breaking my promise; ok this time, just one more and honestly i'll go back to scooping hihi." Aio quickly ran for Strawberry Slime and quickly poked it from the back.

ID:2025 9 1 20 3

It's death came quick and swift; a pop up message came up revealing the rewards.

MATERIAL; COL OBTAINED!

1X GLOW RING (UNCOMMON ITEM)

10 COL

"Well i didn't get essence but i got this awesome looking ring; hmm lets see its description ;Lights a small radius of light around a player in dark places. Wow this would come in handy." Aio yawns. " Sorry slimes i'm getting a little bored now; i'll get going but i promise that when i come back i'll just be scooping those essences out of you hihi." He walked deeper into the cave in search of mushrooms.

As he went deeper into the cave; the walls became more spikey and the path became a little narrow than the previous path he was in. He found an opening with some mushrooms inside; they we're so big than in normal life. "Well, that's a bit weird i've never seen such a big mushroom; okay time for some plucking." But just as he was about to reach the root of the mushroom, it moved quickly away. "Woah! That was creepy! I'm pretty sure i saw it move. Let me give it another go." He reached down again to pluck it but it moved again. The mushroom tilted to reveal some eyes just on the stem. "Wow, i would have never expected it to be another mob. Alright since its going to keep running away from me; i guess i'll have to fight it for materials. Get ready! Mushie Mushrooms!"

There were other Mushrooms that creeped into Aio's sight. "Ooo hihi there are also different types of mushies here.v Alright i'm gonna name you guys too. Then we can go back to fighting." He giggled as he started naming:

Orange_Mushroom.gif You will be Spotty Mushie.     Urban_Fungus.GIF You will be Purki Mushie.

Monster013.gif You will be Turtle Mushie.       Zombie_Mushroom.PNG spooky Zombie Mushie.

Bluemushroom.gif Ooooo Bluegoo Mushie.      Cokemushroom.png Eh? weird Coke Mushie.

"Wow its fun naming you guys; i hope i keep meeting mobs with different types. Okkie! prepare for battle Spotty Mushie!" Aio equipped his straight sword and prepared for attack. "Heya!" The sword hit Spotty.

ID:2037 5 6 15 2

"Aww no damage? Oh no eek!" The Spotty Mushie advanced for Aio and gave him a revenge attack but he took no damage. "Woohoo! I guess we both we're unsuccessful. My turn! Swoosh!"

*Battle commences*

ID:2039 6 6 15 9                                              ID:2043 7 3 20 9                                            ID:2044 1 11 18 5

Orange_Mushroom.gifHP: 3/4     Estelle.gifAio:5/7     >           Orange_Mushroom.gifHP: 2/4     Estelle.gifAio:3/7     >           Orange_Mushroom.gifHP: 2/4       Estelle.gif Aio: 3/7

ID:2045 6 5 15 5                                               ID:2047 4 10 11 5                                          ID:2048 1 5 5 3

Orange_Mushroom.gifHP: 1/4 Estelle.gif Aio: 3/7        >          Orange_Mushroom.gifHP: 1/4      Estelle.gif  Aio: 3/7   >           Orange_Mushroom.gif HP: 1/4     Estelle.gifAio: 3/7

ID:2049 7 2 13 4

20 Col obtained

Spotty Mushie HP: 0/4 Aio: 3/7

The battle took quite longer than expected. Aio repeatedly made that took no damage to the mushie but it inflicted damage beyond half of his HP. Aio was lucky that then after it wasn't able to cause any damage to him otherwise he was done for. When the battle was finally over; Aio kept taking in deep breaths, releaved that he had finally defeated the mushroom. "Phew, that was one scary battle, i thought these mushies were just as easy as the slimes; well, i guess not." He smiled and laughed. " I got a little reckless there hihi. But next time, i'll come back stronger. But for now i better get back to those slimes and collect a few esscene before i leave the cave."

When he finally reached the slimes he decided to collect at least one of each type of essence before leaving the cave. "Well, slimeys time for some scooping hihi."

Street_Slime.PNGOslime.png

ID:2051 9 12 6 7 ID:2054 5 12 1 5 ID: 2057 6 5 11 10

ID:2052 7 9 11 4 ID:2055 1 8 11 10 ID: 2058 8 5 5 7

ID:2053 8 5 18 10 ID:2056 4 2 8 10 ID: 2059 4 6 5 10

2X ASSORTED INGREDIENTS OBTAINED

After too many attempts of trying to obtain essence from Grindy Slime, Aio decided to give up and head back with what he had already had. " Don't worry slimes; i'm gonna improve my looting skill and i'll come get as much essence as i want hihihi." He wandered out of the cave and journeyed back to the town of new beginnings.

As he walked he still felt the verge to keep scooping those slines but first he really needed to recover his health points. The now old classic tune of Floor 1's background music played again as he entered the town. "That tune doesn't get old does it; but if I ever get bored of it I'll go enjoy the thrilling entertainment performers bring about nearby the town centre. They are quite amusing to watch. " Although he still didn't have a place to stay; Aio always found a place where he could lie down and recover.

He spooted a lovely thatched roof supported by four beams with two mats lying on the ground. "Hmm this looks like a place for players to take a nap when they are tired; I guess I'll make myself feel at home." He lied down on the mat and took a short nap undet the foreboding shadow that was blocking the hot afternoon sun.

Aio's eye slightly opened and he saw a dark shadow over him; his eyes closed and he opened them again wider this time to reveal the same NPC that shouted at him in the morning. "You really don't have a manners do you young boy. " Aio stood up from the ground and yawned. "Well and you sir have no heart hahaha." Aio laughed at the joke he just made but the grump old NPC still remained with an angry expression. "Get it, because you aren't actually alive and and aaaaa forget it... I'll live you alone. "

"I hope I don't see your face again. " the NPC said. "Don't worry sir, I'll miss you too! Goodbye now. " he said sarcastically. Aio walked off back into the grasslands to enjoy some more alone time with the mobs. He waa ready for another fight since he was fully recovered now.

The steady and gentle breeze Aio felt in the morning had now changed into a forceful thrashing wind. The grass looked flattened onto to the ground but only to miss it by an inch." I like how hard the wind is blowing, it helps beat the heat but it's a little bit irritating as it squishes my cheeks hihi. I better get into that slime cave again.

But before he started off, Aio had just thought of something he could do for fun. He unequipped all his clothing and all he had on was his boxers; he dropped onto the ground and allowed the grass to brush onto him and tickle him. "Mmmm this is great! I feel so relaxed. Hihi someone might spot me and think im weird; wearing nothing but small shorts in an unsafe zone. I better get going now. " He equipped his items and leather armor back on again and headed to the cave.

The entrance to the cave this time was hardly visible; the strong wind had caused the bushes and leaves to cover more of the cave. If Aio hadn't been here before he wasn't going to know there was a cave entrance here. "Hey! Maybe since its hidden this time; I might get a rare item. Oooo I hope so! He pushed the shrubs aside and entered the cave.

When Aio entered the cave he felt the hot and arid air that welcomed him; it was really different from the cool and breezy climate he had experienced earlier on.

As he continued to walk more deeper into the cave, the air became hotter and it felt like he was in a sauna. It was getting difficult to concentrate as the hot air made him become sleepy.

He slowly began to lay down on the floor and drift away in sleep, unaware of the dangers that befall him.

His body was dragged to a much cooler room by a mysterious looking figure. He chained Aio's hand on the wall and began to sharpen his dagger with a rock.

The sharp sound of rock grinding against the dagger woke Aio up. He looked at his hand, realising it was chained. "Wh..where am I?" He accessed his inventory to obtain a teleportation crystal.

"That don't work here kid." Aio quickly turned his head towards the dark corner that he heard the voice come from. The grinding sound stopped. He heard a stone dropping to the ground, then he saw a figure step out of the darkness. "The names' Bane. I'm a player killer, and I kill worthless brats like you. Ooo don't hurt the slimes they look so cute. You make me sick. " Bane walked up to Aio and poked his dagger by his heart. "I'm not going to just kil you yet. You have a decision to make; ever heard of holographic projection? Well, my mind is set on getting myself one of those. It adds a feature to your hud that you can use to make a hologram of yourself during combat, therefore distracting the enemy. "

Aio stared at the deranged look in his face. "What makes you think I won't take it for myself? "

Bane slid his dagger along Aio's chest. "Because if you try that, then I'm gonna hunt you for the rest of your life and kill you. Now stop your stalling; get in that room and solve the maze. " Bane unlocked Aio's chain and pushed him into a room, sealing the entrance with a large boulder. "I'm giving you ten minutes. "

Aio took a deep breath and closed his eyes. "Alright little fox you can do this, search.... and detect! " Aio's skill showed the path he should take through the maze.

(For every looting below 10, a trap is triggered. )

(3353: Loot 12)

Aio safely crossed the first turn. Along the walls he could see huge iron blades that could fall anytime and cut him. "I shouldve stayed in the safe zone throughout the whole game till someone completes the last floor. This is crazy."

(Evading the trap successfully will be a Battle roll above 5)

(3355 Battle:8 Loot:1)

As Aio came across the second turn, the walls beside him began move towards him. They were going to crush him if he didn't act fast. He quickly leaped at the last moment and safely landed on the ground. Aio stood back up and continued walking, he wanted to get over with it soon.

(3356: Loot:7 Battle: 9)

Next, the floor beneath him began to collapse. This time he reacted quickly and managed to get to safety before the whole floor went down into a spiky pit. "Such a pokey death hihi." He joked.

(3357 : Loot : 15)

As he came to the last turn, nothing happened but he could tell it was booby trapped looking at the tiny holes in the wall. "Maybe poison darts fly out when the trap is triggered; I don't want to find out though. "

A pop up message appeared in front of Aio. 'Holographic Projection feature acquired. Warning: All lower cave levels will be destroyed then reset within ten seconds of this message' "Wait... thats like. .."

The cave began to shake and rubble fell to the ground. "Oh no, Bane is in there." With not time left to warn or help Bane, Aio ran for the bright light that was in front of him. As he approached the exit, in the distance he could here a cry of pain. A tear ran down Aio's eye. "I'm sorry Bane, I would've saved you if I had enough time, even though you were a player killer. "

Dust came out of the cave like a gust of wind as the exit became blocked with many rocks. After some time it all disappeared into pixels and it looked like nothing had actually happened.

Aio peered into the cave. There was no cry for help, no slimy squishy sound, nothing. The cave seemed empty. "I'm so tired. I want to find a place to rest now. "

On his way back to town he decided to collect any fruit or vegetables he spotted on the way.

(3358: Loot:17) (3360: Loot:7) (3361: Loot:15)

He managed to get 4 more assorted ingredients for cooking and 50 col extra. He was so happy his day went rather well despite the bad things that happened.

He opened his hud and took a closer look at the holographic projection feature. He needed to get more details.

HOLOGRAPHIC PROJECTION

Sacrificing 1 HP, the user creates a hologram of themselves and gets teleported to a nearby spot. The attacker is unaware that the hologram is just a replica and it will get destroyed once struck. Although fascinating, there is only a rare chance the user us teleported out of sight of the attacker, therefore the user can still be attacked. "

*DEDUCTS -1 FROM MOB DICE ROLL TO AVOID ATTACKS OF DICE ROLL 6*

"Hmm, that's quite a small but helpful advantage. I wonder if I could use it. Though I must look for someone who can install it to my hud."

He began to count the stars, wandering if there were just as many as in the real world. His slowly began to close and he began to drift away into sleep once again.

The night was cold and he was shivering but he had no choice but to get used to it.

The NPC that shouted at him earlier came out of his home to take a jog. When he came back he noticed Aio sleeping once again on his roof.

"That boy never listens. He's a good chap though. " The old NPC went into his house to get a blanket and he covered Aio with it. " There much better. "

Aio, though half asleep, realising what he did whispered a Thank you and comfortably when back to sleep.

(Sorry my last posts were a bit short. I ran out of words. )

QUEST COMPLETE

REWARDS

8X ASSORTED INGREDIENTS

350COL

GOLD RING (UNCOMMON) +1LD

HOLOGRAPHIC PROJECTION -1 MB

*please clarify item rewards*