Battle Posts

A thought occurred to me today. How should our battles against mobs be acted out? Will there be a temp. user for bosses? Also what do we do for reactions for the mob, will there be rules for that like over here? For swords skills should we have it go a little something like:

"Kay got into position pulling his weapon back and settling into a stance as he did the system recognized what he was doing and prompted that start of a skill as his weapon began to glow..."

Then another question for ranged attacks (bows, guns, throwing needles, and whatnot) Do we buy them as ammunition?

Maybe should change the topic to Battle posts? If I'm reading your question right, your asking how we should layout battles?

Well since you brought it up, i was thinking that all posts for character battles will be at the players. Meaning they can fight as many mobs as they want, but with in reason. I don't think anyone can handle 15 Level 4's if they are level 4 solo. So it just comes down to how you write your post, possibly something like this.

"Crim noticed a small group of Boars walking along a grassy hill. Since he had just level up to level 2, he wanted to see how much he can take, since a single boar was just to easy now. So smiling as he pulled out his sword and readied a simple sword skill. Easily killing the first boar while the other two turned to agro on him. Blocking there attacks by using his sword to throw them to the side. Once the second one was pushed out of the way, he proceeded to launch a 5 hit combo attack on the closes boar. Watching it as it turn into shards of light and leaving only one boar left."

Hmm, Ammo is a good question. I think there should be 2 options. There should be an unlimited amount of a basic ammo that is always equipped. This ammo has no bonus to attack and make it so if anyone runs out of ammo. But from what i have gathered, the only ranged weapons in the series is throwing knifes and rocks.

well its all up to the players post, but if the staff feels like they brought to much apon themselves, then we might step in and ask you to change it really.

1: Unlimited like Starting Knifes lvl1 Damage 10 will be unlimited but if you want the better knifes like

Basic Throw Knifes Lvl 4 Damage 15, Quantites of 10 for 20 Col. You will have to stalk up on these. Also these are just examples.

2:I know, but i think the main reason SAO is called Sword Arts Online is because they mainly use sharp pointed weapons like knifes, axes, swords, daggers.

• 1 year later...

What about those monster bots their there for representing monster right well how come they don't interact with the battle post cause then it would be more eventful like let's say you mention the bot in your post like "Frenzy Boar" and it joins and fights automatically it would make things interesting

• 2 weeks later...
What about those monster bots their there for representing monster right well how come they don't interact with the battle post cause then it would be more eventful like let's say you mention the bot in your post like "Frenzy Boar" and it joins and fights automatically it would make things interesting

I'm pretty sure the "Frenzy Boar" is a bot used by search engines to update their data about the forum, and that Erron simply renamed it into "Frenzy Boar" like he had done with other bots which he had renamed into SAO characters.