{PP-F1} A Fated Meeting (Celesmeh, Epyon)

On the first floor--at one of the cheaper inns--a young women was leaned over a small black book at one of the tables in the far corner. Every now-and-then the pen in her left hand would hit the paper, scribble for a few seconds, and then return back to tapping on the wooden table. This process happened over the course of a drink or two before tenderly closing the journal. To anyone watching, it would have been obvious that this tiny black book was more than just that, and to be truthful, it most certainly was. It was an exact replicate of one she had in her real life. A special gift from a certain little sister. Absentmindedly, the women traced the lettering inscribed in perfect cursive on the front. 

This cursive read "Zahra."

Whom was the receiver, and current owner of this journal.  

Celes walked into the inn, looking around. She had gotten used to training the newer players, and was used to walking around, looking for lower level people who needed help. One player caught her eye. She seemed to be writing in a journal... just as I do every day, so that I have a record, for my love to read, all of my stories....

She looked at the beautiful young woman scribing in her journal and sat down near by, just to watch. To observe those around her.

As soon as the higher-leveled women entered the bar, Zahra took notice. It was mainly due to the fact that someone of such a level was not found in a place such as this, meaning a cheap inn with small rooms and a bed harder than frozen ground. If anyone wanted to find someone of that level then they visited places more reputable and this place was definitely not one of those. Proceeding to buy another drink, and then leaning back in her chair Zahra let all thoughts of the strange women be forgotten. 

Only, it was hard to forget someone who was watching you. 

Exhaling, landing the chair down on all fours, and then setting the drink on the table Zahra tenderly grabbed the black book and made her way over to the women. Now sitting across from her it was easy to see that she was couple years older with short wavy chocolate hair and wide chocolate orbs as well. She appeared to be friendly, but then again, one could never be too sure. 

"Why are you watching me?" Zahra questioned while sitting up straighter, crossing her legs and letting the black book rest in her lap. 

eles looked at the woman and smiled, " im sorry" she said cheerily " You see i also have journal I keep, I do it for the people I care about, and to gather information, but you don't see many people keeping tabs on what happens in this world.... Other than th eon formation brokers. It was merely interesting to see!" She ordered another round of drinks for the two of them "low level, eh? Are you looking to train at all?"

'That was...unexpected.'

Feeling the slight uplift on the corner of her mouth Zahra placed a hand around the icy drink and then began to swirl it. It was nice to know that someone else within the world of SAO had the same thought as her, to write everything down. One question down, and now a million more to go. Being the curious type it took all the will Zahra had not to throw one question after another at the older women. How much did she know? What other information did she have? The list went on. It took a second to rein in her thought process, but once she did realized that the other women was waiting for an answer to her question. 

"Actually, now that you mention it, I am." Zahra responded, taking a sip, "You wouldn't happen to be offering assistance, would you?" 

Epyon walked into the inn. It was getting colder by the minute outside. Such a strange concept, temperature in a virtual world. His green eyes scanned the crowd inside, mostly other low level players taking shelter from the cold. Then his eyes landed on a familiar face, Celes was here. Currently she was sitting with a young women. Her partner appeared lower level, like him. He approached the table where the two women sat. "Good to see you again Celes." He found it a little puzzling that she would be in this place, surely she could afford better accommodations. 'Didn't she own her own shop?' Perhaps she was here for another reason. HE shifted his cloak over his shoulders as to appear less threatening, and not seem as if he had anything to hide. Celes was a friend, and any friend of hers was no threat to him.

Initially, Zahra didn't pay attention to the male who entered the bar. 

It was only when he started to head in the women's and her direction did she really begin to pay attention to him. He moved as if he knew her. Seconds later, that thought was verified when he greeted the women--who was now discovered to be Celes. The subtle movement of shifting the cloak over his shoulder did not go unnoticed. If anything, the tensing in her muscle melted away and a peaceful air was able to set in once more. His name--or nickname--was Epy. Taking quick glances between then Zahra then put her drink on the table. 

"I would be stupid to say no to such a great offer, so count me in." she smirked, "By the way, names Zahra. It's good to be working with you." 

"My username is Celesmeh, but you can call me Celes, all of my friends do. I think we can head out for a bit more challenging fights, if there is three. What do you think epyon, want to join in?" She smiled at the you man. She could see so,etching she liked in Zahra, an attention to detail that she enjoyed.

"Why don't we go to the second floor, there are is a field boss there, a bug queen. At 30 hp she isn't much of a challenge for me, but she could prove tough for you two, and I could help you out. A good challenge and good training for two. What do you think Zahra? Oh and in case this changes your mind....."

She pulled down on her HUD beginning a trade, A pair of metal gauntlets with 1 damage mitigation. " this should help your defenses. Well, what do you say?"

"As if some bug would make me change my mind," Zahra grinned, meanwhile accepting the trade offer. 

Seconds later her own HUD was opened and equipment the gauntlet's equipped. Holding up her arm she twisted her arms around to check out the new item. They were simple, but anything that helped her defense was magnificent in it's own way. The second action that required the HUD was putting the journal back in her inventory. The journal in her lap melted into tiny blue pixels as it disappeared. If anything happened to that Zahra had no idea what she would do. 

"Ready when you two are." Zahra stated, righting herself. Taking one more sip of the drink on the table the women then proceeded to stretch a little before leaving. Personally, going to the second floor was exciting. It was a new place with potentially new information and discoveries. Writing tonight would prove to be very interesting. 

"giant bugs, eh? Sounds good to me." Epyon moved to allow the women to pass him, then feel in step begin them as they exited. "I see you use a spear like Celes. I guess that means I will be tanking for you two?" He spoke sure of himself, with confidence, as though that were his prefered position anyway. He pulled the cloak back I've his front, he felt it was a good idea not to let anyone else see what he had. Being un able to gauge his level and gear made him less of a target, those that might prey on them had to guess at their capabilities rather than see an easy target.

Celes smiled at Epyon, proud to see him so strong. "So you're a tank now? I could use that. Why don't you both tell me what kind of fighters you are? Then we can make a plan of attack, and play to your strengths" she smiled as she said this looking at both of them and waiting for them to respond.

There was a lot of information Zahra knew. 

For instance, she knew that the spear was one of the oldest weapons in history. In the unqualified hands it could be useful, but in the right hands it was deadly. Swords, and all short ranged weapons, had trouble against spears because of that lack of close range combat. If they got back the point then close it became easier to attack to the spear handler. The theory behind using a spear was relatively easy too; to basically keep your opponent on the defense with quick jabs. There was only one problem really, know and doing were two completely different things. In trying to gather all the information she could Zahra had yet to try out her knew weapon. 

"Ummm..about that..." Zahra wandered off, rubbing the back of her head in a sheepish manner, "I haven't yet to actually use my weapon." As embarrassing as it was to admit something like that, she also knew that lying would get her no where. After all, out in the field they would discover the truth anyways. Better to be safe than sorry in her opinion. 

"That's alright." He said to Zahra. "We all gotta start somewhere." To Celes, "I actually trained IRL with a katana, and not kendo, actual swordsmanship. As for tanking, I want to be strong enough to go it alone if I choose and being a tank seems the best way to do that." Epyon felt confidant. His first few encounters went well and he was ready for more of a challenge.

"Will then, this quest should be good, I have a good friend who is a very good tank, I'll tell him to teach you since skills later. As for you Zahra, we are both spar users, I'll teach you the ropes." She smiled at both of them, "alright, why don't we meet at the site where you take the quest <Long Live the Queen> and we can set of from there, sound like a good idea?"

Epyon smiled confidently. "Sounds like a plan." He turned to Zahra. "You up for it?" Epyon felt he was off to a good start. He headed out of the tavern, making sure the other two were with him before heading off in the direction of the quest. 'Today is going to be a good day.' He thought with a smirk.

Allowing herself to relax a little Zahra nodded at the idea. 

Then, following after Epyon, the raven haired women pivoted around and started toward the door. The meeting place was at the spot where the quest <Long live the Queen.> took place--floor 2. Before actually being able to do the quest though, they were going to have to accept it. So As Zahra walked out the door, she shouted over her shoulder, "I'm going to accept the quest, see you guys there." And then with a slight wave she was off into Beginner City.