[PP-F1] Learning the Basics (Azureth, Draterion, Tom) (COMPLETED)

Azureth decides to cut straight to the chase and learn the basics of this game. He figures the best way to learn is by doing, so he immediately looks for the exit out of the town. While searching, he passes many shops, managed by both players and NPCs. After finding the way out, Azureth leaves the huge town and begins to look for a weak mob. While traveling, he is amazed by the detail of the game. The trees have thousands of leaves and the grass is modeled blade by blade. However, this is not the time for wonder. He has to begin playing the game if he wants to be successful and not die.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Draterion had done long training by himself to get himself to level seventeen, just for his guild... But now his guild was.... Draterion had no idea what! Argumail had PMed him and only him it seemed.... And Draterion was to late. So he went to train again on floor 1. Floor 1 wasn't all weak monsters, considering the secret dungeons found here. Draterion then saw a player in the distance and ran up to meet him.

Azureth noticed a stranger quickly advancing on him. He readied his spear, unsure of what to expect. New to this game, he didn't know whether PKers were usual or not. Azureth would surely feel embarrassed if this man had no ill intentions. Still, he could not take the chance of being attacked without his weapon out. He noticed how the person had not drawn a weapon yet, and the embarrassment was already overflowing. Azureth looked like he was aggressive. 

Draterion noted the nervous wave of the spear. Draterion thought he must be a newb and said slowly, "WO, bro! You trying to kill me?" Draterion looked like a newborn to, so not many new his true strength. All he carries around is starter gear and basic clothes, that have yet to be washed. Draterion stated, "What are you doing out here? Looking to become a PKer?" Draterion chuckeld softly and quickly as he thought he saw another monster approaching.

"Er..." Azureth doesn't know how to respond. He puts his spear away. "Yeah... sorry. I thought you were a PKer." Azureth looks around and notices a wolf approaching. "I've been trying to learn the basics of combat. Care to help me?" Azureth asks, unsure of the situation. Yet again, he draws his spear. Azureth holds the spear like a two handed sword, straight in front of him tilted forwards. He knew this was a terrible way to hold a two handed assault spear, let alone a one handed assault spear.

The boar charged forward at the two players at a top speed of about 110 miles/hour. Draterion pulled out his great sword and almost asked the player next to him if he was ready, but there was no use, he was as ready as he'd ever be. Draterion charged at the boar that had a total of 5 HP as his gleaming blade silently glittered as it swung itself at the enemy. But the boar, still at it's top speed, dodged the sword as it latched itself into the nearest tree and the boar trampled him, causing 3 points ofdamage.

Battle Dice: 3 (miss)

Mob dice:10(super critical)

Hate:

???-0

Draterion:0

Boar-5/5

???-5/5

Draterion-34/37

Azureth, still confused on how to fight, readied his weapon to attack. He charged at the boar as fast as he could, and wildly thrusted his spear at the boar. Somehow, he pierced the boar straight in its forehead, dealing an impressive (for him) damage total of 3.

-DICE-

Perma Roller ID 2347

Mob dice: 3

Battle dice: 10

Boar-2/5
Azureth-5/5
???-34/37 

With the spear thrust into it's skin and the boar off of him, Draterion received his weapon. It was time to chase down the boar. With the other player holding him off, Draterion snuck up to the boar and drove the sword into the boar, destroying it.

Mob dice:2

Battle dice:10

5 damage dealt!

Boar: -2/5

????-5/5

Draterion-34/37

[Ooc: I don't believe any items are rewarded due to my level being to high. I apologize greatly!

"Wow. That attack looked powerful. Just what level are you?" Azureth asks, warming up to this player. "Oh, and what's your name? I suppose I should have asked that first..." Azureth had thought the man was just a low level noob, but with the power of the blow, he questions his judgement. Don't judge a book by its cover, he thinks to himself. Azureth isn't awkward around this person anymore, now that he has confirmed his intentions. He checks his inventory for drops, but he doesn't find any.

[OOC - Yeah, I just read that the mob has to have at least 1/2 of the health of the highest level player. I don't think we should worry, though, because completing the thread itself still gives 1 SP.]

"I'm Azureth. You probably know this by now, but I'm a complete newbie." Azureth said casually. He thought for a moment. He was hesitant to make friends, since they could easily backstab him. Somehow, Azureth knew Draterion probably fealt the same. He sent Draterion a friend request, deciding that he needed allies. Knowing a level higher than him would surely come in handy. Plus, Draterion was nice. Azureth sets a for goal himself: Catch up with Draterion. Despite the huge difference of 16 levels, he knows he can do it if he tries.

Draterion clicked the blue circle and thus accepted the request. "You have a clever name, and don't put yourself down. You know, if you didn't hold the boar still for me, I wouldn't have been able to stab it so hard!" Draterion knew it would have died all the same, but he didn't want to tell him that. "Know anywhere to get a bite, Azureth?"

Slightly flattered (though he did believe it was an act), Azureth decided to accept this man's idea. A good meal, even though eating isn't required in SAO, would be great. "Sure." he said. Azureth was a bit dissapointed that he couldn't come up with some joke or sarcastic comment. He started to think of sarcastic jokes and old movie qoutes to tell.

[OOC: your character is like me in real life, at least so far!]

Draterion began walking back to the town, but couldn't help but ask. "The day..." He asked hesitintly... "That all hell broke lose, or the day we were trapped in here... I was a selfish little bratty kid... But now.... After meeting you and my guild leader that I had trained for died, I have just felt a sudden pain and guilt in my heart.... I mean my guild leader, Argumail, personally asked me to save him but I was to late...." Draterion looked into the sunset.... And blinked very slowly....

Azureth, like usual, didn't know how to respond. "How did he die?" Azureth asked. He immediatly fealt bad, as this question seemed a bit heartless to him. However, he is interested, and nothing can stop Azureth when he is interested. He thought of what to ask next. Perhaps he would ask who the guild leader was? Nevertheless, knowing how the guild leader died would probably aid him in the future. He would know to avoid situations similar to the one the leader died in. "Also, don't feel bad. What has happened cannot be changed. I know he asked you to save him, but... That happened in the past, and no matter what you do now can't change that. You should accept the fact he died." Azureth now fealt even more heartless, but this aggressiveness will probably convince him not to worry.

"I don't truly know in truth..... Many of my other guldies have talked about him making up a joke and some girl taking offense to it.... And then later on, some person named Mari and many others teamed up on my guild leader, Argumail...." Soon they reached the town gate. Changing the subject, Draterion instantly talked about a hotel. "There is a hotel with really good food.... And we could also stay the night and then go fight some more monsters in the morning? That sound okay?"

[Ooc: if you want it to be, morning can be a different thread.]

[OOC - Nah. Let's keep using this one]

"Hm... well, I guess. Tomorrow, I want to fight some higher level monsters. I know I'm only level one, but I should be able to handle them with the help of you." Azureth replies. Despite his level only being one, he should be able to beat higher level monsters with the assistance of Draterion. He feels like that would be using Drat, but he decides to go through with it. "What kind of food do they serve here? I love hamburgers, but I don't expect a resteraunt in Sword Art Online to have something so basic. More like boar samwiches, eh?"

Draterion chuckles. "I've seen some places with those and wings on floors 3 & 4, but here... Let's just put it like this. Do you like breakfast for supper? They have all the normal items you would eat for breakfast, and some extra from Aincrad itself. So, what do ya say?" Draterion turns towards a building and walks into the door. "BEHOLD!"

Azureth isn't amazed by the food, but not disappointed, either. In the middle of the hotel was a buffet with nothing but breakfast foods. Things such as pancakes and eggs were inside metal slots. However, a few deviants showed up, presumably from Aincrad. "This place is nice!" Azureth exclaimed. He looked to the left, finding a desk with an NPC behind it. He ran up to the NPC, excited. However, he forgot that he was completely and utterly broke.

"Don't worry!" Draterion said. "I have two coupons for 3 free meals and1 stay for two.. We kinda made a deal a long time ago, sort of a quest, and this is my remains. LetS go! " Draterion ran off, got a plate full of eggs, a plate full of pancakes, a plate full with yogurt containers, and a plate with all the exotic foods and some lemonade. Draterion turned around and said, "what? Can you get fat inAincrad?" Draterion laughed once more.