(OP-F1) State of the game [COMPLETE]

(First OP,lel. Everyone are invited to join.)

He sigh.

Too much happen over the past few weeks. He try to forget those events, but in the end it just pop up back into his mind and bother him. 

He sat on a bench in the town center. Today he want to rest as all the battle takes toll on his mind and body. To make it even worse, the increased of PKer really worries him. "This isn't what I ask for when I play this game...."

He sigh once more. The player passing by him look at him like a weird person, but he ignore it.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arekkusu looked down from the balcony-like ledge to see a player that seemed a bit down. He wasn't one of the new players that Arekkusu expected to see, he seemed way too advanced. He was sitting down on a bench when there are so many other things to do, if he wanted a Taxi, he can expect to stay there forever.

"Is he ok?" Arekkusu asked himself. "Lets see how this plays out, if he doesn't move for a bit I'll talk to him."

As i was walking through the city of beginnings after training out in the fields for a while i saw a player just sitting around on a bench looking rather down. "I may be new but if i can help then ill do my best" i thought to myself. I approached him, looking at him for a moment and took a seat next to him and began to speak "Hey man is this where i can grab a taxi?" I asked jokingly ofcourse taxi's didn't exist in SAO but i thought i could lighten his mood a little

A player approach him. He never see him before in the city. He ask for taxi, which makes him confuse. "Huh, taxi? We don't have one here.. though we have teleporter over there." Yuji point the teleporter behind the man, it's impossible for anyone to not know of that. 

"I never see you around here before. My name is Yuji by the way." He hold out his hand with little energy, he really is tired today.

(OOC: My character is a little dumb when it gets to jokes.)

"Pleasure to meet u yuji" i said shaking his hand "i was joking about the taxi ofcourse i know you can only use teleporters for fast travel, i was trying cheer you up a little u seem down" i said grinning it seemed to me yuji doesn't really get jokes all that to much.

"The names Tom im kinda new here but seeing you so down i thought i might be able help" i said if i can cheer him up i might be able to atleast make a new friend i thought

"Thank you for trying to cheer me up, Tom. I didn't know that was a joke, sorry." Yuji look at Tom, analyzing him from top to bottom. He didn't get much from his analyzing, so he give up. He shake his head and look around.

"Have you seen any red player during your journey, Tom? I heard that they are everywhere right now."

"You haven't see any... It's okay then. You seem to be new around here. Did you get used to the environment around here, considering this game...is a death game." Yuji sigh once more. "There's a lot going on around here and I have been worried to step outside the safe zone. There's no safe haven in this game...."

I understood what he meant but i can't sit around and do nothing so i decided to try and perk him up a little. "I understand what you mean, death here is death out there, but i don't wanna sit around doing nothing everyone has a part to play have you tried a profession you could help without putting your self in to much danger" i told him. Hopefully yuji will understand that its just another life we are temperaly living in. Even so everyone can help out in one way or another.

"I have a profession, but it's just a par time hobby. I'm training to myself to become a front liner. That way I can help everyone escape from this game. At first training is easy; less PKer, no conspiracy, no guild wars. But now.... I have someone...no, we all have someone waiting for us out there. Imagine their face when we greet them with lifeless body..." Yuji look down, he hold himself from bursting out. 

wow when he puts it this way it makes you think about what would happen if you did die in here. Do you just flat line or what? I didn't want to dwell on it. '' yuji dwelling on those kinds of things wont help you out much in the end we all have a part to play so what do you say shall we go for a walk and see where things take us maybe I can help you out in you blacksmith forge im a smith myself you see'' I said I really wanted to help him out and I think the best way to do it is to get up and do something to help him feel his sense or worth again.

(OOC: Nice profile pic)

What Tom said is true.Dwelling on this kind of thing won't do me any good. He invited me to his shop, a blacksmith shop. I myself is a blacksmith. Accepting his invitation will be good for me. Besides maybe I can relax more that way.

"Sure, lead the way then. Going to your shop will be more fun than sitting here."

I stand up from the warm bench. Looking around, the number of players in the area have decreased. Its noon, they must have went out for their usual grinding. I look to the buildings and see Arekkusu on a balcony. Pretending not to notice him, I begin walking forward.

I lead the way to my shop back on the first floor 'The Bladed Forge' and opened the door. "Not much but its home" i said with a smile. It was only a small place since i had only recently started out as a smith but i had already had a good experience with my first attempt at a weapon my Golems Bane sat neatly on the weapon rack with my Starter sword. I like to display my own weapons on the wall it just givess the place a more authentic look. I took my new sword down from the wall and stoked the forge ready for use. While it was warming up i placed the sword on my work bench and began polishing the blood red blade. "Hey help yourself to the forge man show me what you can do" i said grinning

"As much as I want to craft, I don't have the materials needed."

I shrug my shoulder. All the materials I gain will be keep inside my shop's storage. Well there is nothing but dust inside the storage now. I have used up my materials yesterday to craft Zelrius''s custom order boots. I remember myself jumping up and down in excitement as I hold the pair of boots in my hand.

"Sorry my friend. I won't be able to show my skill."

If I can, I would run out and go buy a material out there. But it will be rude for me to do that because leaving so suddenly will show my lack of attitude. I'm not that kind of person in front of someone I newly met.

''how about you grab one of mine?'' I offered ''I have 5 left and I really don't like odd numbers anyway so grab one of whatever you need'' I really did hate odd numbers since I could only craft twice a day so far meaning ill have one left over in  a few days meaning I will have to go out and farm after only one item and the worst part is I would be losing business while I was out farming. If a commission came in and I was fresh out of mats id definitely be stuck.

"Well if you offer it, I won't reject it then. I'll just use one materials."

We both open our menu and trade the material, or to be accurate give and take process as I don't have anything to trade. I take out the ore and heat it inside the furnace in the mold. Then I equip my trusty hammer and begin hammering.

"Well then, let's see what will come out!"

ID 2725  CD: 5

"Well, today is not my lucky day, Tom."

My mood always affect my work. Being down like this, I can't concentrate well. I feel sorry for his lost material. I open the menu and put in 400 col in the trade menu.

"Sorry for that. Take this as a compensation."

I laughed rejecting the trade request he sent me. "Ah don't you worry about it man everyone has their off days besides you got to practice your craft right?" I said. Sure being down can effect the way things turn out which is why its always a good idea to try and get back into things. I tossed him the blade polish and the rag i was using and examined the blade of golems bane. "Give ure weapon a good polishing man you don't need to create stuff to make a work of art" i said showing him my shining red blade.

"Okay then. It's been a while since I polish my blade."

I catch the rag that he throw at me with my left hand. I put my two fingers from my right hand in the air and pull down. Then I equip take out my sword. The sword in the scabbard materialize behind my back. I put my right hands in the air and slide it to the right, closing the menu.

After opening and closing the menu, I draw my sword from the scabbard. I put it on my lap and begin wiping the surface of the blade. I put in some energy into my work, and after three minutes of polishing the blade can clearly reflect my face. I lift up the sword and show it to Tom.

"What do you think? This is my beloved sword, <Nietono-no-Shana>. It suppose to be a katana but I reforge it to become a long sword."

yuji showed his trusted blade and it gleamed like it had been newly forged and I grinned ''looking good man see what did I tell you that's one fine looking sword and if u forged a katana into a longsword then well you really have a lot of skill to be able to create custom weaponry like that. maybe one day ill be able to create weapons like that'' I said to him. that blade really was a work of art and I hoped that I showed him how you can easily turn ure day around around by just taking a few minutes to work on something you have passion about

"This sword is special. I don't think I can create weapon like this one again. You can craft weapon like this, I have no doubt in that. You know...."

I talk and talk non stop, sharing some of my stories with him. Without realizing, I forgotten all my problem that day. Talking with someone can make you feel better. It's something that I lacking in, getting friends. All these times I have been doing nothing but going solo. I thought joining guild would change that, but it's still the same.

"You know, I really need to make more friends...like you. All this time I have been giving excuses when I want to meet people. You made me realize that."

I need to trust people more. It's true that some people are PKer, but some PKer didn't want that kind of title like Mari. I punch myself in the face.

"That hurts, but worth it."